[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honesty when would you say things got pathetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1430.jpg (183KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
183KB, 1200x1200px
Not nessisarily when did he make something you didn't like, but when do you think his career became totally unsalvageable?
>>
he's doing fine though.
>>
>>87664024
His career is right where he wants it. He makes movies as a means to an end, and that end is to use other people's money to take his friends on expensive vacations.
>>
>>87664024
Dumbass court scene in Big Daddy is when we got our first look at the "new" Sandler. Little Nicky was when we lost the old Sandler forever.
>>
>>87664536
Correction, dumbass court scene in Deuce Bigalow
>>
I was born in 1990 and I don't remember a time when Adam Sandler wasn't "that guy" who made shitty fart joke comedies for dumb American audiences. I don't think there ever was a shifting point in his career, it was always like this, wasn't it?
>>
File: adam sandler.jpg (56KB, 720x676px) Image search: [Google]
adam sandler.jpg
56KB, 720x676px
I once saw him at a resturant and asked him to take a picture. He told me to fuck off.
I said please, Im a big fan of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madinson. He said get the fuck away for me and my family. So I walked away, but quickly snapped this photo of him
>>
>>87664589
Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore were pretty cutting edge when they came out. Nobody had ever seen such bizarre humor before.
>>
File: 1483526990206.jpg (267KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483526990206.jpg
267KB, 900x900px
He makes tons of money making movies for dumb people and has fun doing it. I'd sure as shit trade places with him.
>>
File: dunkaccino.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dunkaccino.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>87664589
This. He's always made goofy ass movies, only redditors act like he's DeNiro or Pacino just-tier.
>>
>>87664024

Eight Crazy Nights. Took all the credibility from Punch Drunk Love and flushed it down the shitter.
>>
>>87664689
most adults thought they were terrible trash though, they were meant for teenage and pre-teen boys.
>>
Easy. Little Nicky
>>
>>87664024
Around Click
>>
>>87664024
Jack & Jill easily. that was the tipping point
>>
>>87664536
>Little Nicky was when we lost the old Sandler forever.

Nah, that was a good flick. I'd say Mr.Deeds was the turning point.
>>
>>87664024
It was all downhill from The Wedding Singer.
>>
Adam Sandler was always bottom of the barrel trash.

This is from his 'comedy' album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gss_NzfMl_8
>>
>>87664815
Wedding Singer was good tbqh
>>
>>87664024

I got my first inkling that Sandler was an idiot during Big Daddy, that scene where he upsets the kid in the fast food place, and someone makes a comment "nice parenting" and Sandler's character reacts by grabbing the guy's fries from his tray, and throwing them away.

I could just tell that wasn't meant to just be his character, that was an expression of how Sandler himself felt he should be able to behave with people. His feeling of entitlement that for the slightest of slights, he should be able to get back at that person some way or some how.

It's why you don't like his movies. It's because he's a self centered asshole and that goes into all the characters he plays, and the story accommodates his character's selfishness as if it were natural and acceptable.
>>
His career still isn't unsalvageable because he's still relevant and in the public eye, even as laughing stock and meme. You fail in Hollywood only when people forget about you and you get no exposure. He still has enough buzz that if he made a good movie he would be completely reborn and people would be screaming "Sandlerenaissance"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.