[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

H.P. Lovecraft Type Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I need suggestions guys. I just watched From Beyond again...and I need more H.P. Lovecraft type films to watch.

I've already seen The Void and Dagon...any more suggestions?
>>
Anybody?
>>
>>87663930

-Reanimator
-The thing (1982)
-In the mouth of madness
-Prince of darkness too, while you're at it, might as well complete the apocalypse trilogy
-Event Horizon

Those from the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.
>>
>>87664086

Thanks Anon, very much.
>>
>>87663930
The original Wicker Man. Watch the remake if you want to have a laugh.
>>
>>87664265
>Watch the remake if you want to have a laugh.
NOT THE BEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!
>>
>>87663930
Angel Heart
The Ninth Gate
>>
>>87663930

I would say the first two Hellraisers are fairly Lovecraftian, not necessarily in the same way. The first one is more of a straight horror movie in that it's very surface level/slasher-esque horror and less about the terror in the implications surrounding the Cenobite's existence, though there is some horror from the fact that they are immortal beings who are beyond anything resembling human morality or mindset. The second one delves more into the idea of there being a separate reality where the only driving force of it's existence is pushing the boundaries of sheer hedonistic experience. Also the only god there is is a giant floating obelisk that emits beams of darkness.
>>
>>87663930
It may feel off from the recommendations you were getting so far, but I'd say The VVitch has in a sense a very lovecraftian feel

There is hardly any visual horror, but the atmosphere and presented world are truly haunting - slowly building up the spiral of madness through feeling of isolation and cold, eerie and unknown surroundings/ landscapes
>>
>>87664725

I'd say the first hellraiser is very lovecraftian, or at least hitting themes inspired by him. I never saw it as a slasher movie, it probably gained slasher-like notoriety from the sequels and pinhead gaining freddy/jason-like personality status.

I've never watched any Hellraiser sequel, though.
>>
File: space jockey.jpg (71KB, 1029x561px) Image search: [Google]
space jockey.jpg
71KB, 1029x561px
>>87663930

The first Alien movie.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.