[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie opened my eyes. I'm never going to SeaWorld again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: BLACKFISH_Film_Poster.jpg (41KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKFISH_Film_Poster.jpg
41KB, 259x383px
This movie opened my eyes. I'm never going to SeaWorld again.
>>
>>87661077
Seaworld does a lot of good for many animals that are both in the wild and kept at their centers. Yes it is a shame they kept whales and took them from their pods at a young age but I truely believe that seaworld makes our ecosystems a better place through rescue services and education. Plus, haven't they already agreed to not take on any more whales and the main one who has killed trainers is no longer alive?
>>
>all large sea mammals will be gone from aquariums in 20 years

>all thanks to enlightened little shitbird animal rights activists

>Children will never see these animals , and will never feel a bond strong enough to actually want to save them

>in 40 years there will be no more shitbird animal rights activists to save dolphins and whales

Its a dark , brutal trade but its one im welcoming. Its a shame dolphins and whales will be destroyed in the process. Oh well fuck libshits
>>
>>87661077
bitch please i bet you never went to seaworld
>>
>>87661077
What are the arguments against having orcas at sea world? That its cruel and they kill people?
>>
>>87662060
a death in the wild to whatever shit humans cause is much, much better for these animals than a lifetime in captivity headbutting the walls of its prison

better to live free and die young than live tortured and long
>>
>>87661077
why don't they just make bigger aquariums?
>>
>>87661928

how much are they paying you
>>
>>87661077
>this is some next level autism
>not understanding that aquariums and zoos are the only chance many of these species at all
Keel telling yourself that sea world is evil you cuck.
>>
>>87661077
Orcas shouldn't be made captive.
>>
>>87662216
Nothing, I do this for fun and enjoyment.
>>
>>87662198
$$$. What else?

Granted, the size aquarium for an Orca would need to be miles wide. The engineering on something like that would be really cool - and insane.

Just leave them in the wild.
>>
>>87661077
really retarded that they had him die offscreen for absolutely no reason when he could have escaped Riverrun
>>
>>87662169
Nah, animals in the wild live miserable hellish lives. "better to live free and die young than live tortured and long" only works for humans since animals are going to live tortured, horrendous lives regardless.
>>
>>87662060
People see orcas and whales along the shore from alaska all the way down to Mexico.

Don't be a faggot - orcas don't belong in tanks.
>>
>>87662348

>tortured, horrendous lives regardless.

thats most humans too
>>
>>87662348
to be real, neither of us can honestly say what's torturous for an animal, but in the wild at least the animal is fulfilling all of its genetic purpose. natural selection led them to their current point, it didn't lead them into a cage
>>
>>87662348
The orcas and whales I've seen in Alaska looked pretty happy and healthy to me. Don't be a faggot.
>>
do orcas have any natural predators?
>>
>>87662467
Man
>>
>>87662376
they dont see shit. Do not compare seeing a fin from 200 yards away to being 25 inches from a dolphin through glass.

there is no comparison. This whole campaign is retarded and is going to hurt animal conservation by snuffing out the flame at the source. Children who fall in love with these animals.

here is the reality. Those "suffering" animals in captivity are the only reason we have such an amazing understanding of them and their intelligence. And how we created multiple generations of marine biologists by inspiring them with brilliant shows and up close encounters

When i heard they were getting rid of the dolphins at the bmore aquarium i wanted to go on a shooting spree. My kids will never get to see those dolphins because of some selfish effeminate beardfag libshit
>>
>>87662501
>in order for my kids to see a dolphin, i need to be at seaworld

this is the absolute state of you

rethink yourself, my man
>>
>>87662443
That's because you didn't get to see the ones that had starved to death.

>>87662387
Maybe. But I think animals have such strong survival instincts that they'd take guaranteed life over the freedom and struggle of the wild. I guess we can't know though.
>>
>>87662536
did i mention seaworld anywhere? this stupid fucking movie and its stupid fucking message is resulting in almost every aquarium in the country getting rid of its dolphins
>>
>>87662579
seaworld was just an example; any aquarium. if you really care about instilling a love of marine biology in your family, invest in a family-sized boat. go cruise in dolphin-filled waters.

i guarantee you'll get more bonding, overall family enjoyment, and fulfillment out of that than seeing a couple half-dead fish in an aquarium. you can also speak to how majestic these sea creatures are when observing them in their natural habitat
>>
>>87662651
>go spend tens of thousands of dollars on a boat

HOW ABOUT NO YOU SELFISH FAGGOT. HOW ABOUT WE SACRIFICE 0.00001% OF THE POPULATION OF THESE ANIMALS SO HUMANS HAVE EASY ACCESS TO SEE AND EXPERIENCE THEM SO WE CAN INSPIRE PEOPLE TO PROTECT THEM
>>
>>87661077
>be seaworld stockholder
>this lying piece of shit is released
>CNN airs it on loop for eight fucking days
how was this allowed
>>
>>87661928

>education

The documentary revealed that they were blatantly lying to people about orca whales and their health in order to prevent people from realizing that the whales were sick, depressed and fucked up. It casts a shadow of doubt on anything else they're doing.
>>
>>87662501

We've since learned that they're highly intelligent social animals prone to depression, anxiety and, when pushed, murder--their mistreatment inevitably affects human lives, too. Fuck yourself you faggot.
>>
>>87663494
>caring about individual animals when their sacrifice is for a greater good

Its like you are a real life retard incapable of rational thought
>>
>>87662501
Orcas aren't endangered dummy. Neither are dolphins. And, Sea World isn't breeding them, so you have no point.

And, you cannot compare the orcas in a pool to the ones I saw in Alaska. We saw them offshore, in a pod, on a cruise boat, heading for the glacier. The little ones were swimming around the boat, checking it out, and the mothers and bull hung off to the side, watching them. The bull swam under the boat - it was bigger than the boat - the water is crystal clear up there, so watching from the bridge, i could see it pass under the boat. It was fucking amazing, one of the most cool encounters with wildlife I've ever been part of. Later, we saw grey whales breaching 200 yards from the boat, another thing you'll never see in an aquarium.
>>
>>87662576
What orcas that starved to death? Where? You're just making shit up now.
>>
File: 1489058091444.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1489058091444.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
Could they at least put them in a fucking larger tank/ enclosure?
>>
>>87663840
wow thats cool wish i was there , with you , in alaska , the most remote US state , on a boat , near a glacier

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the 300 million people in this country dont have the money to travel to fucking alaska to go on a boat for a 1% chance to experience what you did

Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>87663558
>my retarded autistic kids seeing animals in captivity is the "greater good"

Nah. How about you get a noose and hang yourself along with your entire waste of life family?
>>
>>87664302
No one gives a shit you poor piece of shit garbage. Poor pieces of shit like you don't deserve to see the finer and more beautiful aspects of life. Wallow away in your filth with the other poverty stricken leeches of society
>>
>>87661077
a bloo bloo muh whales

Listen up, you little bitch. We NEED animals for our own amusement. One way or another we are caging those beasts for our children.

Yes, I prefer for the corporate cucks to not be assholes and steal animals and babies on the sea. I would prefer if they only used and breed whales that were taken into captivity out of a permanent wound.

Then it would be both, ethical and fun.

Fuck animals by the way. I feel hurt a lot more when I watch trees getting cut down than trashy animals that shit all over the world suffering. Fuck animals. Trees are more important.
>>
>>87664302
Okay, i get it, shitposting, blah blah blah.
>>
>>87661077
Daily reminder, white boy.
>>
>>87662331
Why? If Jurassic World could do it, why can't we?
>>
>>87662104
if you haven't seen the movie their basic argument is that they are too intelligent to be kept captive, they have a complex social structure in nature and it literally drives them crazy to be in such close proximity, and that they roam tens of thousands of miles in a lifetime and it's cruel to keep them in a confined space
>>
>>87663494
>they're highly intelligent social animals prone to depression, anxiety and, when pushed, murder
Literally no different than a fucking turkey. The stupidest animal on the planet.

Emotions are not a sign of intelligence.
>>
>>87664460
>>87664503
and the BOOJ fangs come out.

Why is it always the most WEALTHY of shitbird libcucks who are like this
>>
>>87664302
This.

>>87663840
You fucking idiot.
>>
>>87664049
Maybe if you stop suing them they can get the money for a larger tank
>>
>>87664645
So basically the same old argument with a different animal, gotcha.
>>
>>87662253
>he thinks a zoo and a preservation are the same things with the same rules.
>not wanting to torture some of the most intelligent mammals on the planet, makes you a cuck.
>>
>>87662501
Dolphins are horrible little rapists that torture their food for sport.
>>
>>87662501
Please tell me how this became identity politics for you...
>>
Shamu did nothing wrong
>>
>>87664524
>t. Psychopath
>>
>>87664783
How is that the "same old argument?"
>>
>>87665783
>done to elephants on circus
>done to dolphins
>tried on lab mice
>done to lions
>done to big dogs in apartments
Its a meme argument not worth shit. They will continue until every animal is gone. They have no shame.
>>
>>87662501
I am on your side anon. Fucking Greenpeace should fuck off to Africa and fight poachers or try and sabotage mining operations, or lend some manpower to saving the whales. Protesting Seaworld is such a fucking cop out.
>>
>>87662376
>>87662169
the aren't sapient brainlets
>>
>tfw born and raised in San Diego and literally went to seaworld 7 times, IF that.

Who gives a frenchmans fuck about these interracial whales. They been tortured in those tanks since 67' why are people crying now.
>>
File: 1489784472766.jpg (222KB, 960x940px) Image search: [Google]
1489784472766.jpg
222KB, 960x940px
>>87666043
in the 67' the communists had not overtaken America yet. Never forget who won the cold war.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.