[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Was he the good guy all along?
>>
>>87656765
Weeell, it seems a father figure who belongs to shadowy institution. Too bad he appears not to have anything to build character upon to. Not only this film, but also those characters in could've been a lot better if they had a convincing & well thought out screenplay.
>>
>>87656765
>black mailing a kid into being a driver for heists
yeah total good guy
>>
>>87657131
>dies for said kid
>>
File: gosling - 'I robot'.png (335KB, 640x408px) Image search: [Google]
gosling - 'I robot'.png
335KB, 640x408px
>post yfw you realised that Baby was The Driver's son all along
>>
>>87657158
does that right somehow redress a wrong?
>>
I don't know how I feel about this film
It was extremely well directed, choreographed, realised. But it felt kinda empty. Until the end, it didn’t really do anything that interesting (though it was weirdly compelling). I liked that it put a fresh twist on a lot of the expected tropes, but the story was still quite bland. It wasn’t funny but it felt too light-hearted to fit as a serious drama/thriller.
The last 20 minutes was pretty great though
>>
>>87657325
It's a kino flick.
>>
>>87657325
The last 20 minutes are the absolute worst part of the movie.
Jon Hamm has a "finale" fight with Baby literally THREE times, absolutely absurd and ridiculous. The diner girl seeing people being murdered left and right and she's still with the guy who she met a week ago. Kevin Spacey doing an 180 on his entire character just because he sees the girl and suddenly giving his life for Baby and his girl, even though he was ready to kill him and his family seconds ago just to get some more money.. Constant cheesy lines left and right. Absolutely cliche ending scene.
And this is all just in the last 20-30 minutes or so still baffled by the critical praise.

A Pretty badly overwritten cliche filled generic mess that goes on for 30 minutes too long.
>>
>Kevin Spacey playing Kevin Spacey
I'm so fucking tired of this
>>
>>87657587
I understand your frustrations with Doc's 180 but the job went south and he had nothing else to go on for but help Baby, who he had utmost respect for and could relate to by him saying he was in love once. He lost his connections with the corrupt police and they were out to get him. Although somewhat of a flimsy motivation for the reversal of a trope of him being the main villain, I thought it was refreshing. Especially because someone likable and compassionate to Baby- Buddy- ultimately becomes the main villain because of his motivations for revenge.
>>
>>87657587
I really meant the final heist and the sequence of him running away
Which is probably not actually in the last 20 minutes...

Yeah... the film had some flaws
>>
>>87658140
But he already knew about the girl before and was still ready to kill him and the old blind blackman. He already lost his connections before that and was still the same exact character. He already saw them at that restaurant and threatened him to kill the girl right there if he doesn’t listen to him, why didn’t he said that he "loved once" then?
It's utterly ridiculous that he is shown as a money hungry soulless mob boss and to completely switch the character to the other extreme in a split second. Seemed to me like Wright forgot about his character arc entirely so he shoved it all at once at the end.
And no matter the motivation, having literally three final fights between two same characters in a span of 20 minutes is completely ridiculous and pointless no matter what
>>
Can we all agree that this film was, as expected, very overrated?
>>
>>87658576
yes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.