[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 23

File: 21-bojack-12.w710.h473.2x.jpg (122KB, 1214x809px) Image search: [Google]
21-bojack-12.w710.h473.2x.jpg
122KB, 1214x809px
thoughts on this show?
>>
>>87656743
the heart strings and the funny bone were both tickled enough, I'll watch season 5.
>>
>>87656743
good way to make you kill yourself. not reddit.
>>
>>87656779
this
>>
>>87656743
DUDE IM A BAD PERSON LMAO
>>
>>87656743
I want to FUCK those various animal women. Great show, though.
>>
>>87656743
last season was too chill, happy BoJack is kinda strange
>>
I needed a drink after the inner voice episode.
>>
Im tired of running around in circles
>>
I might be too triggerable but this past season was overly preachy. And the long strings of assonance were okay once per season. It's annoying and not funny.
>>
>>87661539
Did he say "around"? I thought it was just "I'm tired of running in circles."

>>87661305
It wasn't chill at all until the very end.

>>87661874
Luckily the preachy shit was contained in one or two episodes, so it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>87656743
Perfect reflection of American stupidity
>>
Absolutely reddit, don't be fooled
>>
>>87656743
It's okay. It had the same fate as every Netflix Original where the first season is really strong and the rest vary wildly in quality.

1 > 2 > 4 > 3
>>
>>87656743
4x02 made me feel bad
>>
>>87659737
>DUDE EVERY SHOW IS SHIT I'M SPECIAL LMAO
>>
File: 1499175888898.png (520KB, 603x690px) Image search: [Google]
1499175888898.png
520KB, 603x690px
love how depressing this show is at its core. and the quick animal gags are fucking hilarious if you don't miss them.
>>
>Bojack spends an entire season hoping to tell his mom off for being a terrible mother
>finally recognizes him
>can't bring himself to do anything but comfort her
Probably the most I've ever related to a TV show.
>>
>>87656743
IMO, the third season was the best so far. Leading in from the S2 ending, it just kept fucking me in the ass of my heart. With that said, S4's wholesome ending could set us up for a 5th season that will bring it back to self loathing
>>
I watched one episode and it wasn't funny.
>>
File: circ.jpg (262KB, 2000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
circ.jpg
262KB, 2000x1050px
>we had an intellectual debate and decided that we should circumcise the baby to give him the choice in case he wanted to be religious

FUCKING
DROPPED

mutilating your childs genitals doesn't give them a choice, it does exactly the opposite.
>>
5 season will be Bojack getting its shit together, repairing relationships and then 11 episode with Charlotte and Penny coming out with the shit he did in the media

also Bojack will die by drowning in a pool in the 11 episode of 6 or 7 season.
last episode will be about his burial
>>
>>87656743
>dude depression and animal sex lmao
>>
>>87662573
>thinks circumcision wasn't a fucking evolutionary decision that stopped infection, tearing, yeast infections.
wew lawd!
>>
File: pb.png (333KB, 411x563px) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
333KB, 411x563px
Literally /ourdog/. Post more PB.
>>
>>87662717
Shut up jew
>>
>Watch season 1 when it was released
>Remember the start being shit, then it getting better
>Forget all about it
>Watch S2E1
>Bored out of my mind
Does it get better?
>>
>>87662693
>>87659737
same fag
>>
>>87656743
I keep being amazed by how cleverly it's written. The word play humor is top notch. One of my favorite shows, definitely.
>>
>>87662754
well when your gf freaks out about your non circ penis being gross I'll laugh harder than you afterwards
>>
>>87662873
No one but Amerifats care about that.
>>
>>87662573
I feel like the writers of this show are on several levels irony a lot of the time. Very easy to get tricked into believing they're promoting certain ideals when it's actually subtly sarcastic.
>>
>>87662717
Do you live in the desert and do you have access to clean water for bathing regularly?
>>
>>87662717
whatever medical justification you can produce that might have been sensible two thousand years ago certainly isn't the case now.
Even if it was relevant it certainly wasn't presented as an argument in the show; do you support or condone the premise that an irreversible medical procedure gives the recipient more choice?
>>
>>87662931
yes.
your point?
>>
>>87662573
If anything it sounds like they were being sarcastic.

>we're going to give him the choice of circumcision
>by circumcising him now in case he wants to do it later

Sounds more like a joke than a 'circumcision propaganda' thing. If anything I'd argue it's more AGAINST circumcision.
>>
Has anyone managed to successfully convince friends to watch it without spoiling what the show is really about? Personally I found that I only enjoyed it so much because I didn't know anything about it before I started.

My girlfriend has agreed to watch it with me but that's only because I told her it was about depression, which is something she knows I struggle with. She has a weird thing about hating cartoons and it was the only way I could convince her.
>>
>>87662973
YES!
in fact I think you faggots are retarded. Stephan molymeme and all.
I have plenty of arguments that circumcision is healthy and the better option for sex appeal
>>
>>87662796
Depends on what you mean by Better. Show maybe, His life No.
>>
>>87662796
Well season 1 is the best season so take that as you will.
>>
>>87662797
>only one person thinks this show is shit
>>
>>87662873
please don't hijack this to trumpet your own agenda, the point was not pro/anti circ, the point was does the procedure increase or decrease choice for the baby?
Clearly Genesis 17 tells us all children must be circumcised by age of 8 years old, however is it fair to force children into religion at a young age, surely it is better to allow them to decide for themselves when older and able.
>>
>>87663398
babies dont get choices nor should they.
>>
>>87663062
i actually rewound it at the time because the logic didn't follow and it threw me. certainly if it was a joke it was too subtle for me.

>>87663119
i don't understand what you are trying to say, i don't know who 'Stephan' is. i'm not asking for your many arguments, as fictitious as they may be, but i am interested in your position that an irreversible medical procedure is not removing the choice from the child.
>>
>>87663419
>surely it is better to allow them to decide for themselves when older and able.

i didn't say babies should decide themselves, how would that work?
>>
>>87663591
Its not their penis til they're an adult, not their business. I have no strong opinions either way on this, I thought it was a funny bit mocking the discussion generally.
>>
Rather boring, people here will like it until more people do, then it's a shit show.
>>
I liked season 4, but there's only enough times I can watch Bojack be an asshole and still feel sorry for him

He needs to finish his character arc already
>>
>>87662153
all that shit with bojack's mom made me feel fucking bad
>>
>>87663660
so you get to do whatever you want with it until then? that is your argument?
why not cut it off completely then?
how are they expected to piss without using penis?
do you condone paedophilia also?
>>
>>87662723
doggy doggy WHAT now?
>>
>>87663080
I have to preface everyone I tell to watch Bojack that the first five or so episodes are pretty shitty
>>
>>87663810
who are all these people and what are they doing that they don't have time to watch tv shows that they don't find interesting.
>>
>>87663999
???

I only recommend it to people who I know would relate to the show. And the only reason I push it so hard on people is because I hated the show at first but grew to love it by the end of season 1
>>
>>87663810
I thought episode 2 was a diamond in the rough of early season 1.
>>
>dude it's okay his mom was a cunt she was just an unhappy wife ahaha not her fault at all
>>
>>87656743
I usually like this show, but the political episodes are really annoying. I just finished the gun episode, and its full of the most juvenile takes on the issue, and the worst part is you can tell the writers think they're being edgy and incisive
>>
>>87665152
You probly missed the better jokes in the ep then.
>>
>>87665311
Nothing to do with the jokes, I just don't like it when the show comes to a halt to become the writers' blog with Diane or Turtletaub's assistant as their mouthpiece
>>
>>87665540
>Diane
>the complete hypocrite
>mouthpiece for the writers
Maybe you missed more than just the jokes?
>>
>>87656743
Deserves an emmy nomination for the dementia episode.
>>
>>87656743
Bojack himself got annoying and felt recycled during season 3. Latest season was a nice change of pace.
Diane is a terrible character, and not just for /pol/tard reasons.
Todd was amusing at first but at this point it's clear he only exists because people feel bad for Aaron Paul after his role of a lifetime.
Mr. Peanutbutter has his moments, but since he's part of the tired Diane subplot is overall a negative.
Princess Carolyn is the only consistently good character out of the main cast.

Overall the humor falls flat a lot of the time. But I really like the little worldbuilding of how an anthropomorphic animal setting works. Like the food chicken and underwater world.
>>
>>87656743
Season 4 Episode 2 is utter kino
>>
>>87666898
Diane isn't that bad, not Todd bad. Her failures are some of the most conceptual but yeah enabling Mr. Peanutbutter is never right.
>>
>>87664271
How dare you steal a meal from Neal McBeal the Navy Seal?
>>
>>87664738
It's still her fault that she was a cunt to Bojack. A thing that is presented many, many times in the show is that your actions are your own, and not the fault of a shitty upbringing or circumstance. What was presented just made her more sympathetic and showed where she went wrong in her life.
>>
Serious question, I know I'm a faggot for it, but it's nagging at me:

I know not everyone is like BoJack. Not everyone has something picking at them 24/7 telling them they're a piece of shit and don't deserve anything, so much so that it makes them too scared to do anything or anyone or to even keep in contact with people. I know this because everyone I know is stable enough to at least not fear things like driving, growing up or being in a relationship, or if they're scared, at least they're brave enough to give it a try. So when does this show end and how? Do people learn how to live with that? Because it's been fucking me out of a real life for so long. I even avoid women I like that I know like me because, no matter how many "adult" things I live with and handle easily, I feel too immature for a relationship, and most probably am.
>>
I started watching it, but it came off like a vapid, "rich people finding life meaningless and navel gazing about their own neuroticisms despite living in abject wealth and privilege"-type thing, which I'm usually OK with, but with Bojack it just bored me.
>>
>>87662604
>Charlotte and Penny coming out with the shit he did in the media
Bojack didn't even fuck her though. No one cares about no-evidence allegations years after the event. How many women came out against Trump and have now been forgotten about forever?
>>
>>87668464
>implying her being 17 doesnt change everything
>implying Bojack didnt tell about it himself during AA meeting
>implying he didnt tell about it that manatee reporter (btw we still dont know how ana handled that)
>implying Diane, as always, won't try to score SJW points by writing in croosh about it (which might be the end of their friendship), just like she turned against Mr Peanutbutter

>implying Bojack didnt show up like a stalker and people didnt record him and Sarah Lynn

all it needs it's just a spark
>>
>>87656743
I'd put it on the same level as VB, few shows have better VA and dialogue.
>>
>>87663710
Honestly, this season was the first time where, when Bojack did something horrible (threw the baby doll and treated his dementa-ridden mother like shit) I hated him for it. But, I think that's intentional, as the ending has him doing things strictly for other people (just wanting Hollyhock to meet her biological mother).
>>
>>87656743
Fuck all the contrarions who dismiss this show as being "reddit". It's actually good unlike rick and memey.
>>
>>87666898
>Overall the humor falls flat a lot of the time.

This is kind of a false marketing I'd say. Sure, this show has a lot of comedy moments, hell the episodes are build around them, but in the core this isn't a comedy show. It's about human nature, about how we are lost in this world and worried of what will left of us once we're gone. Bojack made me selfreflect a lot on myself, this show is kind of like a therapy for me. I don't even understand how much the writers make this shot so relatable for me - the drug crazed bojack's hallucinations for example were just what acid always told me when I took it. Be a better man was the message. But I always found myself in a dirty world with me realizing that I'm a piece of shit.
>>
File: es.jpg (25KB, 599x328px) Image search: [Google]
es.jpg
25KB, 599x328px
>>87669412
lol
>>
BOXER VERSUS RAPTOR
>>
>>87656743
Amazing. This season was spectacular
>>
>>87662573
my dude. they are satirizing the extremely liberal state of california. the joke is that circumcising the baby does not give them the choice. that is incredibly obvious.
>>
>>87662723
>ywn be spitroasted by mr peanut butter and young butterscotch

Why even live
>>
>>87659737
I don't know, he's not that bad.
Seems to have a good heart, or at least tries to.
>>
>>87662717
>cut the part that keeps everything nice and sensitive
>cut the part that produces the mucus that prevents infection
>cut the part that protects the glands
>yeast infection is almost exclusive to women and only affects something like 1-2% of men, almost always because of the woman they had sex with
Anon...
>>
>>87669483
What's funny. What's with the anime pic.
>>
>>87656743
for the most part, i really enjoyed everything from mid season 1 through the end of season 3. the show took a definite tonal shift in season 4 that i wasn't anticipating.
>>
>>87666898
I didn't know Aaron Paul is an executive producer on Bojack until this season, which explains why they keep Todd around. That and as comic relief.
>>
>>87666899
this, also 10 and the one with the inner voice
>>
people don't give it enough credit for being funny

people overstate how feelsy it is. it's nothing original. stop pretending it's so deep
>>
>>87656743
>Somebody needs to check the pH levels of the Jacuzzi
>These bitches are basic

One of the best one liners of 2017
>>
>>87671049
it's really incredibly depressing but also hilarious.
>>
Literally underrated
>>
As I expected, I almost felt like killing myself after I finished season 4.

I think the beatrice backstory hurt the most. I kind of just watched in horror. Tfw losing everyone to dementia
>>
>>87656743
>Bojack is gone for a year and a half, able to actually grow and realize he's hurting the people he doesn't deserve, comes to respect them and wants to make things right
>is able to come to this realization by not having them
>everyone else, no longer having Bojack as their buffer/distraction, implodes

KINO
>>
>>87656743
i think i watched 2 episodes and was just annoyed and gave up
>>
>>87671723
Fuck Beatrice.
>>
dude depression lmao
>>
>>87656743

It's very good.

The writers are willing to let their shitty characters do shitty things and then live with the shitty consequences. Makes for good drama.
>>
File: IMG_4175.png (379KB, 401x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4175.png
379KB, 401x362px
>>87656743
Best Netflix original.

Is there anything that comes close? Ozark maybe?
>>
Reminder that F is for Family is 100x more relateable and emotional than Bojack but it doesn't have yiff bait so it's not liked as much. Kill yourselves furfags.
>>
>>87671049
I dunno the fourth season felt really complex as it explored Bojack's relationship with his mom and her whole history. I agree it doesn't get enough credit for its humor though
>>
>>87672485
Every season gives less and less time to Bojack. The whole bojack's family stuff was retarded and bad.
>>
>>87672606
Bojacks family stuff was the highlight of the season pleb

It actually made me feel
>>
>>87672338
F is For Family is for failure white people with semi-successful parents that want to pretend that their problems aren't their own
>>
>>87672743
I meant specifically the Sugarman parts 90% of which could have been omitted. Hollyhock stuff was okay but they went easy on that shit. Beatrice arc was completely unredeeming.
>>
>>87663080
So much this. My friend told me to watch season 1 back when it came out, and i thought it sucked after ep 1. He told me to stick with it, and I did. Man, I was surprised. What a gem this show turned out to be.
>>
>tfw not a booty judge
>>
>>87672882
shit taste
>>
>>87672338
I couldn't get past first episode.
>>
>>87672751
Bojack Horseman is for failure white people with upper class parents that want their kids to not by lazy pieces of shit watching cartoons all day
>>
>>87673456
>why did everyone le ask me if i le poured water down le teevee? XD
>>
>>87672338
2nd season was so shitty.
1st season was also kind of bad, but some how the 2nd season surpassed it.
I remember Bill Burr talking on his podcast how Netflix has been pushing people to produce shows that have a seasonal arc where the characters continue to develop and everything doesn't reset at the end of an episode. He seemed pretty stoked about the possibilities they could go with that.

So I guess that means just make the entire season the equivalent of a 20 minute episode of the simpsons with the most retarded way of ending it.

Good job, wow.
>>
File: fight me.jpg (459KB, 1440x1152px) Image search: [Google]
fight me.jpg
459KB, 1440x1152px
>>87656743
it's really bad
>>
>>87672882
>Being this much of an contrarian
>>
>>87672882
unredeeming to who
>>
>>87673088
>>87674285
>>87674322
Beatrice was a complete 2d bitch character, you don't need to spend multiple episodes developing a deep backstory to then throw that away and make her a self-made bitch. No redeeming qualities, no excuses, no explaination just a bitch.
>>
>>87674364
>he thought beatrice's arc was about beatrice and not bojack

you watched it wrong
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlBI68lG80
hits the feels bros
>>
>>87674414
It has very little to do with bojack and the parts that do aren't any different than the season 1 flashback parts.
>>
File: 9f2833aee89db3bec8970723676fd10e.jpg (194KB, 1280x1105px) Image search: [Google]
9f2833aee89db3bec8970723676fd10e.jpg
194KB, 1280x1105px
>Bojack actually trying to be somewhat of a decent person half of the time

Still hasn't kicked the drugs and self-loathing though.
>>
>>87669671
na na na
>>
>>87674458
>I missed the point entirely but I'm gonna keep making noises with my breathing hole
>>
>>87674834
>there was a point
>>
>>87670739
>comic relief
I...just..don't know..maybe I am asexual
I'm not into...sex
Hey, maybe it's not that bad I'm asexual
Wow, this chick is asexual too and she wants to hang out

He's the worst character in the show after 4th season.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very strong mental illness to understand Bojack Horseman. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of depression most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Bojack's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Albert Camus literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the existential angst to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Bojack Horseman truly ARE healthy- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sarah Lynn's existential catchphrase "suck a dick dumbshits," which itself is a cryptic reference to Newton's Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those emotionally well-adjusted simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Raphael Bob-Waksberg's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Bojack Horseman tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the lemurs' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 shots of my own drinking problem (preferably more) beforehand.
>>
>>87662573
That was the fucking joke you idiot
>>
>>87662128
That's the opposite of Bokack though, season one starts out really really weak
>>
>>87675180
post tattoo faggot
>>
>>87675180
>the humour in Sarah Lynn's existential catchphrase "suck a dick dumbshits," which itself is a cryptic reference to Newton's Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.

>Tfw Sarah Lynn will never ever use the knowledge she got from Newton to create marvelous buildings
>>
>>87662873
>Americans
>>
>>87672338
Only watched the first episode but I didn't really like it. Everyone seemed to be an asshole for no real reason. Are the backstories explored in the rest of the series?
So far I only liked the title credits.
>>
>>87675881
Basically, moral of the story is everyone is assholes though. If you identify with any of the characters at all you will probably not find enjoyment in the show or anything
>>
File: Eddie.jpg (93KB, 656x796px) Image search: [Google]
Eddie.jpg
93KB, 656x796px
>Bojack's mother could've lived in the summer house for real if it wasn't demolished

Oh well.
>>
>>87676635
Her rotting in a nursing home is the one bright spot in a bad season.
>>
>>87662873
Outside of the jewnited states only sandpeople get circumcised.
>>
New season was really damn good.

S2 > S1 second half> S4 > S3 > S1 first half
>>
>>87676689
I don't expect her to be in that place next season, Bojack is not that much of an asshole right now and Hollyhock would probably like visiting her.
>>
>>87676907
I think that is incredibly unlikely cause of the poisoning and her being unrelated.
>>
>>87676949
She still treats her like her grandmother and I don't think she resents her for that, she didn't resent BHojack that much either and she understands it was because of dementia.
>>
>>87676979
Knowing this show her plane to minnesota will crash
>>
>>87677027
>She is dead because of me all over again

If anything, Bojack will go on a bender and fuck Henrietta.
>>
>>87662573
>this dumb not to understand the narrative

Kill yourself or just stop watching it. You're too stupid
>>
>>87677421
I don't know how much more they can even do in S5. The B characters have completely overtaken the show and it's going to get MORE political? That means nothing but goddamn Diane eps.
>>
>>87656743
Rick and Morty tier, pseudo intelligent garbage.
>>
>>87677506
Bojack actually helping his friends throughout the season for once, including the whole divorce thing Diane and PB wioll go through only to wake up in bed with her as the last shot of teh season
Classic Bojack.
>>
>>87677648
It's not intelligent at all, just depression & regret porn with good characters.
>>
>>87677653
Also Todd doing stupid shit that occasionally garners a laugh even from the jaded retards around here and Princess Carolyn either picking herself up or tumbling down further
>>
>>87676867
pretty much this
>>
>>87677723
>Princess Carolyn either picking herself up or tumbling down further
>gets super drunk
>fucks Bojack
>gets pregnant
>doesn't have a miscarrige for once
>lies to him about it and keeps the baby
>fortunately it's a cat
>>
File: 1493742397087s.jpg (7KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1493742397087s.jpg
7KB, 250x243px
I love PC. Everyone says they relate with bojack but I relate with her. Time is a cruel mistress
>>
>>87677836
Relating with PC would require some amount of ambition and this is 4chan. Most of us are just waiting to die.
>>
File: 1400885857712.jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1400885857712.jpg
9KB, 205x246px
>>87668191
I know all those feels very well anon
>>
good contrasts in personality types
funny insight into arrested development
>>
Does the show embrace SJWism or mock it?
>>
>>87678150
Mocks it, mostly. I wouldn't say it embraces much of anything, nihilism maybe.
>>
One of those anti-funny shows where you have to go out of your way to find something funny/good about it then make yourself feel above other people that have better things to do with their time.

tl;dr it's shit
>>
what is hollyhock's full name?

hardmode: no google
>>
>>87678259
or you can just laugh at all the low brow jokes of animals acting like people, you salty cunt.
>>
>>87678259
It's literally the opposite of that. This is a show that helps you feel worse about yourself.

>>87678317
I only remember manheim manheim fonzarelli & mcquack but i know theres more to it.
>>
>>87656743
Probably going to be one of my favorities if it doesn't overstay it's welcome. Another series or two to sort out the hanging plot threads and resolve the character arcs.
>>
What the fuck is even the deal with Todd?

Haven't seen a character this flanderised at this rate since Pam in Archer.
>>
>>87662573

godamn if this is bait its marvelous
like nobody can be this fucking dumb
>>
>>87678388
voice acted by the producer, can't get rid of him.
>>
>>87672338
It's a good watch but I don't think it has the plot makeup for another series.
>>
>>87669483
>>87670324
lmao this niggas calling you pretentious because you are dumb faggot lurk more before you start typing
>>
>>87678150
It mocks everything that's remotely Hollywood
>>
>>87678424
I don't think it had the plot makeup for a 4th. Bojack is already the B plot.
>>
>>87678454
Nah Bojack has a strong and somewhat continuous narrative as well as a lot of hanging plot threads that can be called upon. F is for Family resolved it's second series completely...except for a single plot point in the last 10 seconds.
>>
>>87678521
Not all characters are equal in bojack. Mr. Peanutbutter wasn't even a main character in season 1 and his stupid governor shit had no place in the story except to maybe trigger Diane shit which was also fairly bad. Bojack is like 50% or less of the show, I'm totally cool with PC getting side stories though.
>>
>>87678599
I feel like I've jumped in to another conversation. What are you on about and why does it relate to FisF?
>>
>>87678676
I dunno, why would anything relate to FisF? Trash show.
>>
>>87659737
DUDE TRIVIALISING ANYTHING BY ADDING "DUDE-LMAO" LMAO
>>
is this the breaking bad of adult cartoons? lots of hype but mediocre and boring
>>
>>87678708
Because that's the post I was commenting on.

>>87672338
>>87678424
>>
File: 1497775624376.png (235KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1497775624376.png
235KB, 500x358px
Which season had the best intro?
>>
>>87669876
>cut the part that produces the mucus that prevents infection

the fuck you talking about?
>>
File: boja.jpg (494KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
boja.jpg
494KB, 1200x675px
>>87677836
This is probably the best episode in the series, if you ask me.
>>
>>87678388
Flanderised? He's like the opposite of flanderization
>>
Is Bojack going to call in his favor from the mexican cartel in s5?
>>
>>87659737
t. Reddit and Memeter brainlet fan
>>
>>87662573
Hey moron, being circumcise is a literal blessing and its hygienic, also its a fucking joke.
>>
>>87656743

Does it get better as it goes on? I saw the first two or three episodes back when it came out and was not impressed. thinking about giving it another shot though.
>>
File: 1504277814211.png (279KB, 1689x553px) Image search: [Google]
1504277814211.png
279KB, 1689x553px
>>87679223
lol
>>
File: 1459828827938.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459828827938.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>87656743
Season 4 was great, but I think that Season 5 should be the last season.
>>
>>87679264
kek but still, there is really no reasons to not be circumcised, only benefits.
>>
>>87679223
>blessing and hygienic

You've been lied to.
>>
>>87678892
wait, aren't all the intros the same each season?
i always skip them
>>
>>87679344
1st one has him getting a smoothie and going through a grocery store then the party
2nd has ??
3rd has him going through his movie set
4th has thoughts of all the other characters
and it all updates with what happened like his bed breaking or todd leaving or bea and hollyhock staying and leaving
>>
>>87679308
such as? and women like the look only applies if you in fact live in the US
>>
>>87679344
They are summaries of whats going on with bojack's life. Only thing that always remains the same is the party. Only that when Sarah Lynn dies, she doesn't appear anymore.
>>
BACK IN THE 90S
>>
File: 1503941968667.jpg (564KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503941968667.jpg
564KB, 1280x720px
The fuck is up with this season
>>
It annoyed me a bit that Bojack had no clue that the "baby" his mom was talking about so fondly in her imaginary world was actually him, while it was so obvious.
>>
File: download-60.png (314KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
download-60.png
314KB, 640x360px
>it's a diane/todd episode
>>
>>87656743
More like Reddit Mememan.
>>
>>87678388
Not even close to flanderisation, the issue is he was conceived as a lighthearted sidekick adventure buddy and they haven't expanded on that in any meaningful direction because most of the screentime he gets is dumb jokes. The ending of S3 could have allowed for his heading in a new direction but they just didn't really bother with him this season.
>>
This show is more leddit than Rick and Memerty, unironically kill yourselves if you like this shit.
>>
>>87680034
But it wasn't? It was the doll that got burnt by her father, it even looked the exact same
>>
>>87680034
I interpreted as being the doll her father threw into the fire, which makes Bokack throwing it off the balcony so much worse
>>
>>87680580
Wasn't it both? Partly the doll she had in her childhood and partly Bojack when she was older?
In the dementia episode you see both of those memories kind of blur together. And she was talking about Henrietta constantly which would indicate her being in an "adult state", hence the baby being Bojack at those moments.
>>
>>87680633
The doll is the ideal son she always wanted
Bojack is the son she got
>>
>>87662873
>implying anyone outside Burgerland would lower their standars so much as to date an amerifatty lady
Keep trying to justify your mutilated genitals, I really feel pity for you
>>
>>87672338
comfy af desu
>>
>>87680714
I imagine the time when Bojack was a baby was a happy time for her, before her life went to shit with Bojack's dad and before she considered Bojack the root of her misery.
>>
>>87679404
>>87680818
Well enjoy your fucking DICK CHEESE virgin
>>
>>87680867
he cried all the time when he was a baby though, which is why i assume she made that remark about how the doll baby hardly ever cries
>>
>>87678448
My thoughts first, but then, Dianne is self proclaimed 3rd wave feminist and she is supposedly the voice of wisdom.
Also they don't portray the 8 guys relationship/parenthood as fucked and harmful for the kid, which it is.
And the opening credits are full of triple brackets
>>
>>87680867
There's literally a scene that disproves your theory in the episode we're discussing. Hell, when Bojack was older her life got easier because at one point Butterscotch agreed to take the Sugarman job. At that point she was too warped psychologically to not be resentful of the life of which Bojack and Butterscotch, in a sense, robbed her.
>>
>>87681000
Ah you're right
>>
>>87663710
Bojack wasn't that bad this season. I thought it was really sweet how at the end of episode 11 when Beatrice remembers Bojack, he uses that time to help her reflect on the times before her brother died in the war.

That whole episode was really fucking sad though.
>>
>>87680944
Is this bait? Diane is consistently hypocritical and full of herself, not to mention exhibiting most of Bojack's sel-loathing and negative qualities. Even in the shooting episode she's vehemently anti-guns until she just isn't, at which point she becomes vehemently pro-guns.
>>
>>87679390
2nd one was the movie set, 3rd one was movie premiere
>>
>>87680877
I'll enjoy my regular showers and clean hygiene instead, thanks.
I guess being cut is more of an excuse for not showering for days, makes sense why you would react this way then.
>>
OFFICIAL INDISPUTABLE BOJACK HORSEMAN SEASON POWER RANKINGS

SEASON 1
SEASON 2 = SEASON 4
HORSIN' AROUND CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
HORSIN' AROUND
-
-
-
POWER GAP
-
-
-
LITERAL FECAL MATTER
-
-
-
SEASON 3
>>
>>87662927
Sounds like a self defense mechanism.
>>
>>87680877
>you didn't pull out all of your teeth and shave all of your hair?? Well enjoy your fucking DENTAL PLAQUE AND DANDRUFF you virgin

This is you. This is how fucking retarded you sound to sane people.
>>
>>87666898
I completely agree with your points about the characters. In particular about Diane and Todd. Season 3 and 4 in particular established just how terrible both of them are.

Disagree on the humor though. But I freely admit that I love puns, and the show is full of animal puns and gags.
>>
>>87656743
Why is it that all of the mice are cute?

also
>that stupid snow bunny gag in the skiing episode

I still laughed.
>>
is bojack fat? i know some people call him fat in the show, but how fat is he?
>>
>>87681660
He weighs 2000lbs.
>>
>look at that, I guess the country really does hate women more than it loves guns!

It'd be funny if they weren't serious.
>>
>>87680567
(YOU)
>>
>>87680088
The fucking third episode is literally called "It's a Todd Episode Hooray" and I thought about completely skipping it. Jesus christ.
>>
>>87681697
He weighs 1600Ibs and he's a horse
>>
Wait people here actually think this is an SJW show?

LMAOing at ur life
>>
>>87668191
Imo seek professional help. Not even joking, anon.
>>
>>87666898
agreed on bojack, that change was important so the show didnt get stale. you cant do the complete wreck every season otherwise it would get pretty repetitive. they changed thing a little and it felt nice. he actually helped himself somehow but not in some crazy non-believable way.

That's why Diane felt shitty this season. It was the same shit as in previous seasons and they need to somehow evolve her storyline. This was hinted in last episode so S5 might be better for her.
>>
>>87675180
jesus nerd, calm your tits, it's not that deep.
>>
>>87662556
It's not supposed to be funny.
>>
>>87668191
On the upside, at least you were a successful tv actor once, right anon? That's gotta count for something.
>>
>>87681000
Bojacks mom really was an awful twat. He should of dumped her off a cliff.
>>
>>87673507
t. reddit
>>
>>87683608
Its a parody of the rick and morty copy pasta.
>>
>>87680102
t. reddit
>>
>>87662723
BASED.

PB for prez.
>>
>>87672289
Stranger Things
Black Mirror, now.
>>
>>87678845
t. reddit
>>
>>87679308
>there is really no reasons to not be circumcised
I hope you are kidding. Circumcision lowers sensitivity and makes sex worse. Statistics say that women have trouble reaching orgasm with people who are circumcised.
>>
File: 1505049905645.jpg (374KB, 1140x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1505049905645.jpg
374KB, 1140x1567px
>>87668191
>tfw it never gets any better
>tfw the girls you hook up with don't fill the void inside you
>tfw you're constantly shoveling sand into the ocean, trying not to drown
>tfw you can't even enjoy sex, because your thoughts are too loud
>tfw you could have easily had a chad life
>tfw you drink and take drugs to at least sometimes have fun
>tfw the pills the shrink prescribed you all didn't work
>tfw 2 years of therapy were just money down the drain
>tfw it's all your own fault, because you're too stupid to enjoy life
>tfw it's been going on like this for over a decade
>tfw you feel yourself slowly slipping away
>tfw you think the fight is finally lost
so anyway, great show tbqh, but some of the jokes seem to be forced...
>>
File: arex jones.jpg (131KB, 816x404px) Image search: [Google]
arex jones.jpg
131KB, 816x404px
>>87656743

Ok, someone give me the basic gestalt on this show. I don't want to spend 4 seasons of binging just to find out its propaganda.
>>
>>87680944
>Also they don't portray the 8 guys relationship/parenthood as fucked and harmful for the kid
The eight fathers thing was more to drive home the point that Hollyhock really wasn't looking for a father figure, I think.
>>
>>87656743
It makes me feel even more depressed than usual whenever I watch it. Comfy though.
>>
>>87679977
To me the gun stuff was about how Diane's views are largely superficial and are based on whatever makes her feel good. She starts out as "I hate guns" because of a moral superiority thing but immediately loves guns when she realizes they make her feel good. Since the campaign is eating away at what little was left of her and Mr. PB's marriage she looks for fulfillment elsewhere.

Diane is an effective foil to Bojack because they're very similar at their cores - both had shit family situations and have based certain parts of their identities on rejecting their families - but they express it differently. My $0.02
>>
>>87686031
Its not, watch the good show you fuck
>>
>>87686529
The problem with Diane is that even though the show makes a small effort to say "see, she's not just our mouthpiece and has her own flaws as well," she's always proven right. Her initial take on guns was validated, her worries about fracking were validated, her fears of PB getting power were validated. In the shows universe, she's never politically wrong (in the grand scheme of things)
>>
What's with all the hate for season 3? I thought it was pretty decent, had some of the high points in the show with Sara Lynn and the college horse.
>>
>>87686749
>Diane is always proven right
I guess to me the whole thing they're doing with her character is that she's always right BUT she doesn't know how to convince others or what to do with her correctness in general. So she ends up feeling empty anyway.

I did thing the political talking points were tiring (though that could have been worse). The best instance of "Diane is right from the start but doesn't end up any better off for it" is her concerns about PB being governor.
>>
>>87686749
And yet she's as, or even more, unhappy than everyone.
>>
>>87672338
In like both shows though
>>
>>87656743
It's pretty good.
>>
>>87687042
Nothing happens, there's no character development and then they realize "oh shit we spent an entire season doing nothing, better cram everything into the final two episodes!"

and the underwater episode was cynical emmy bait
>>
>>87681875
they weren't
>>
>>87684619
i really wanted to bojack to rip into her in the last episode.
>>
>>87673922
All of F is for Family is better than season 2 of Bojack though.
>>
>>87662573
It seems as if this bait but I have come to realise that most of the people on here are genuinely this retarded.
>>
>that great grandaughter in the future episode

since the red wedding i haven't felt such a kick in the nuts by an ending
>>
>>87684619
>>87688450
That would've just sent him down another spiral of self-hate because no matter how fucked up he is because of her she's still his mother and (largely due to societal influences) a person who does that to their own mother, however horrible she may have been, is not going to improve himself in the way Bojack is clearly finally trying to.

Also I thought she was fairly sympathetic. Yes she was awful to Bojack but her life was beyond fucked in itself. It's not forgivable or condonable but fuck if it isn't understandable.
>>
>>87685620
this except the therapy because i'm too scared of it legitimizing the voice in my head saying i'm fucked
>>
>>87688610
No, it really isn't. Maybe better than the first few episodes of season 1 but anything beyond that is a stretch
>>
if they trimmed the fat a little by for example just cutting todd all together it would be a lot better.
>>
>>87689762
>better characters
>better world
>better jokes
>better storylines
>worse than Bojack
The only reason people like Shitman is because depression is on the same level as nihilism where every 17 year old in community college thinks he has the world and their "issues" figured out, and what they "figured out" is that they're doomed to themselves and won't change. That's why faggots like you dislike F is for Family. It's a show about believing that being a piece of shit doesn't mean you're doomed to be one for the rest of your life. The characters actively strive to do more and be better people instead of whining about why nobody likes them as they fuck and do drugs like the lazy, superficial, human garbage personalities they are.
>>
File: dumb fags.png (96KB, 851x579px) Image search: [Google]
dumb fags.png
96KB, 851x579px
>>87689789
Todd's never going away lol
>>
>>87691174
Jeez, those asexual people sure are an emotional bunch
>>
>>87686031
you will really connect to Bojack if you are a depressed sack of shit
also a very impressive amounts of jokes per minute
>>
Wow, I'm surprised /tv/ has decent taste for once.
>>
>>87670739

>I didn't know Aaron Paul is an executive producer

"Executive producer" is just a credit you're given when you do anything to help make the show that isn't a proper credit. Like if you write scripts you're credited with script writing, if you act you get an acting credit and so on.

In this case, it just means he improvs a lot of his lines. That's not enough to actually credit him with a writing credit since he didn't actually write anything but it is more than an acting credit since actors just say lines and take direction, so he's given an executive producer credit and gets a little extra money from that.
>>
>>87691582
That's because they're immature melodramatic children who think a low sex drive is an orientation.
>>
>>87692094
Exec producer is like "We needed big names attached to get funding"
>>
>>87690167
No, F is for Family is just plain unfunny, uninteresting and poorly written. You can have fun with your in-depth analysis of a generation though I'm sure you're a fun guy to hang around
>>
>>87693742
>umm no sweatie, you're wrong.
Exactly the kind of response I'd expect from a Shitman fan.
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.