[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you wanna be a playa, but your wheels ain't fly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: pimp.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pimp.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
So you wanna be a playa, but your wheels ain't fly
>>
YOU GOT TO PIMP MY RIDE
>>
8 PLAYSTATIONS
>>
is it true they made them give the car back after the show? also I would be mortified to be driving around in some of the clown cars this show produced.
>>
>>87650915
>being this self-conscious
>>
>>87650915
>is it true they made them give the car back after the show?
...No. It was pretty well established even as it aired that the deal was they made it looked nice and tricked it out superficially, just didnt touch under the hood.
>>
>>87650915
The resell value must be high. You could make alot by selling it as a novelty car
>>
>>87650915
the cars probably broke down after a week
>>
>>87650915
>>87650956
>>87650959
>>87650968
>>87650974
Alot of them go stolen because they lived in the ghetto
>>
If I remember right the show made the contestants pay the tax on everything done to the car so these poor fucks couldn't afford their new ride
>>
>>87650959
What's the point then
Fuck the playstations, just replace the transmission
>>
>>87650915
I'm actually working on a multicam paint job for a miata sporting a s/c, I think I've gotten enough practice to make it look good, wish me luck. I love cars that border on garish
>>
>>87650959
At the moment I realized this I couldn't watch anymore.
>>
>>87650915
I heard they ripped out all the installed stuff and left them with basically a wreck full of interesting new holes
>>
didn't they shove a pooltable in one of the cars one time?
>>
HOW MANY PLAYSTATIONS HOW MANY?
>>
>>87650874
fugg I miss this show now
>>
>we put a chocolate fountain in the back of your daihatsu
>>
It's still not as bad as the British version. It's so bad I'm not even going to Google it for a picture.
>>
>>87651207
>multicam paint job
>miata

ew, why?
>>
>>87651426
You were waiting for a reason to use that image weren't you?
>>
>>87650912
>We heard you like Playstation big dawg, so we literally replaced the engine of your car with one.
>>
>>87651655
Meh, it's unique and I like multicam, why does anyone do anything?
>>
File: 5413968_orig.jpg (46KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
5413968_orig.jpg
46KB, 550x413px
>>87651293
truly based
>>
>>87650874
>At the beginning of segments, Xzibit would be shown ringing the doorbell to a contestant’s house to surprise them. But these houses were often times not the contestants’ homes; instead, each dwelling had been rented by MTV. Contestants were told to wait in the house and that at the door would either be someone holding something like a $100 Pep Boys gift certificate or it would be “ya boy Xzibit.” So the surprise of Xzibit at the door was real, but in maybe a weirder way than you expected.

>Less real was the famous freakouts of contestants jumping up and down when their pimped out car was revealed. All contestants spoken to ended up having to do multiple takes of their reaction, with Justin Dearinger explaining, “I guess I didn’t show enough enthusiasm.” The director specifically told him to “be more energetic and jump around and scream.”

>Jake Glazier had a bit of a different experience, remembering they had to coax him to go “ape shit” as his natural reaction to being genuinely excited is a more silent shock. His first real reaction to the car was just a quiet amazement where he said, “This is good.” They immediately yelled “re-do!” And then things got a bit weirder.

>“I remember this very clearly, Big Dane, very big dude, he like puts his arm around my shoulder, kind of walks me around the shop for like 10 minutes and he’s like, ‘Listen, we put a lot of work into this ... we expect you to be a little more fucking enthusiastic,’” Glazier recalled.
>>
>>87650959
>Send in your shitty 20 year old car that's about to give out
>Get back the same car except with a jacuzzi in every seat and a cotton candy machine in the trunk
What's the point then
>>
File: IMG_0239.JPG?itok=G2oa-9vR.jpg (78KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0239.JPG?itok=G2oa-9vR.jpg
78KB, 850x567px
>>87651634
I'm your huckleberry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkXq3g7q-os
>>
>Yo dawg we heard you wanted to end your life recently. Check out your brand new suicide doors
>>
He likes going out raping so we've made the license plate changeable so he can get away
>>
>Whaddup playa? We didn't fix your motor or anything but check out that big LCD screen we put under your car. It's off the chain bro.
>>
>>87652133
This reminds me France also had its own version, and probably a lot of other countries. Most likely Spanish ones.
>>
>>87652672
You juste reminded me this thing exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V2D1aXX_UM
>>
>Yo dawg, I heard you liked cara. So we put a car in yo car, so you can drive while you drive

Only highest tier /b/ posters of the time
>>
>>87653274
>Yo dawg, I heard you liked cara so we put a Cara Deleveigne sex doll in yo car.
>>
>>87653274
When's the last time /b/ even produced a meme? It's just an ex-gf nudes dumping board now.
>>
>>87651702
more!!
>>
>>87650959
>>87651241
>>87651169
Well, the show was called Pimp My Ride, not Fix My Broken Car
>>
>>87653690
Fucking never ago. I lurked for a minute the other day, for old times sake. Terrible decision. Even the YLYL threads are all ass now (granted, never great to begin with. But I'm talking not 1)
>>
>most, if not all, of these cars broke down in a matter of hours because the couldn't handle the extra weight and energy consumption
This show was one of a kind
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.