[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank them from best to worst.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: 78456784678.jpg (108KB, 546x536px) Image search: [Google]
78456784678.jpg
108KB, 546x536px
Rank them from best to worst.
>>
>>87639140

It > Get Out > The Babadook > The Witch > It Follows > The Conjuring
>>
The Witch > The Babadook > IT > The Conjuring > It follows > Get Out
>>
Best to worst is hard to do and deceptive.
I'll put it this way, I have 8 TBs of free space on my hard drive and the only two I'd allocate disk space for is It Follows and The VVitch.

The Conjuring MIGHT get a spot but only because it's part of a larger franchise/universe. I liked Dead Silence which was part of a different universe but also James Wan and horror.

Babadook and Get Out wouldn't get a spot though I'd be more willing to have Babadook on my HDD than Get Out, not that I didn't enjoy Get Out but there are better movies in a similar vein (Stepford Wives, Shyamalan stuff etc).

Haven't seen IT.
>>
>>87639140
The Witch > It Follows > IT > The Conjuring >The Babadook > Get Out
>>
The witch>It>It follows>Babadook>conjuring>get out
>>
>>87639167
It is literally The Conjuring but with a Clown. It follows all the same tropes as every modern horror.
>>
IT > The Witch > It Follows > The Conjuring > The Babadook > Get Out
>>
>>87639140
The Witch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Babadook>IT>>>>It Follows>The Conjuring>Get Out
>>
File: rts.jpg (624KB, 1385x1572px) Image search: [Google]
rts.jpg
624KB, 1385x1572px
All shit with no single exception.

Why do you make these threads about the worst plebcore there is?

Rank these you fucking cuck.
>>
>>87639399
all gay, nice dubs
>>
>>87639399
>Look at me! My tastes are so eclectic!
>>
>>87639442
at least I have a taste, unlike the people who glorify mindnumbingly dumb plebbitcore lowest common denominator trash.
>>
>>87639456
Let me guess. You're a vegan too, right?
>>
>>87639140
the babadook>it follows>the conjuring>get out

i haven't watched the new "it" or the witch yet, are they any good?
>>
>>87639399
Splendor > Turin Horse > Knight of cups > The End of History > Goodbye to Language > Hard to be a god
>>
>>87639399
they're all pretty shit
>>
>>87639140
It > The Witch > It Follows > The Babadook
Haven't seen the other two.
>>
>>87639483
No.

>>87639493
You must really like Weerasethakul.
Did you dislike HTBaG?
>>
>>87639442
>Wahhh! Mommy, he doesn't watch capeshit or Reddit shit! Dat's pwetentious!
>>
>>87639491
The Witch is one of the best films in general of recent times, go watch it right now
>>
>>87639140
The Witch > The Conjuring > It Follows > It > The Babadook

haven't seen Get Out.
>>
>>87639531
>Wahhhh! Mommy he doesn't like the most obscure sundance tier movies I can find! Dat's so plebb and my dewicate sensitivities are offended!
>>
>>87639399
Turin Horse>Splendor>The End of History>Hard to be a God>Goodbye to Language>>>>>>>>>>Knight of Cups

Also The Witch is a better film than all of those.
>>
>>87639140
Most of these movies are so goddamn awful that Get Out (an average movie) is the best out of them
>>
>>87639613
Are you black?
>>
>>87639599
That is legitimately pleb. If you can't handle entry-level art house like Tarr and Krasznahorkai you should head back to r/Pickle_Rick_xD
>>
>>87639599
They are not obscure. Godard is one of the greatest directors with regards to influence of film there has been.

You just suck at film.
>>
>>87639639
>>87639653
ahh i forget its the hour of the day where pretentious europeans that think that only european movies matter post
>>
>>87639140
The witch>The Babadook
I haven't seen the rest so can't comment on those ut the babadook was total shit and definitely not scary.
>>
>>87639701
Knight of Cups is american you absolutely ignorant brainlet casual
>>
>>87639713
The Babadook is for horror what Nolan's flicks are in general. Mess filled with expositions to give people the illusion of being smart.
>>
>>87639737
Woah. You found one! Good for you! I never got to the bottom of your shit list.
>>
>>87639334
Fake news.
>>
>>87639491
The Witch is a very good period film. Not a very good horror movie though.
>>
>>87639750
It's just six films my fellow limited brainlet ameritard friend, don't pretend like it's some enourmous list.
>>
>>87639798
How is it not a very good horror movie?
>>
>>87639823
It's not scary at all.
>>
>>87639526
>You must really like Weerasethakul.
Yeah, he still hasn't bested, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, but I like a lot of his work

>Did you dislike HTBaG?
Not really, and its clear Goddard has lost his touch and is a shell of his former self
>>
>>87639842
for you
>>
>>87639874
Unsettling? Sure. But scary? No. It had a great atmosphere but it never scared me once.
>>
>>87639816
>your 6 american films are shit and you are pleb for liking them and my 5 european movies are god tier

Hmm I wonder why I discarded your opinion offhand by just barely glancing at your list. By the way I haven't seen any of the movies OP posted, so the only opinion I have to offer is that you are a fag.
>>
>>87639906
None of the movies in OP scared me once. That doesn't mean they're not horror.
>>
>>87639906
horror should make you unsettled, it did it's job right.
>>
>>87639635
No, I'm a white /pol/ regular
Get Out wasn't a bad movie, it was just average, despite what most of 4chan says
>>
>>87639914
The Babadook is not american, you are only embarassing yourself more and more with each post.
>>
>>87639140
It Follows > The Witch > Babadook for "indie" horror movies

It > The Conjuring > Get Out for mainstream horror movies
>>
>>87640006
Oh no only 5 of them are american! I am so ashamed that I didn't know that seeing as I have never watched them. Hahaha. My opinion stands more now that ever. Even you can't deny how much of a fag you are.
>>
>>87639847
I figured you must really like him since that was "more of the same" from him. I suppose modern Godard is acquired taste..
>>
>>87639914
Well the films in OP are unequivocally garbage. Sorry, watch more films.

Start with Zombie's Halloween films if you want good American horror.
>>
>>87639140
Funny Games = Kill List > Kairos > Kynodontas = [rec] > Fourth Kind >> The Conspiracy >>>>> all truly pretentious a24 faux indieshit
>>
>>87640119
Do you mean Kyoshi Kurosawa's Kairo with Kairos? Great film.
>>
>>87640119
>Kill List
talk about faux shit
>>
>>87640165
my bad, yes that's the one

>>87640169
Do you find the most basic dread in the Wicker Man faux as well you impaired mongrel
>>
>>87639140
>It Follows
POWER GAP
>The VVitch
>Get Out
POWER GAP
>It
>The Conjuring
>The Babadook
>>
Is IT good for a mainstream horror film?
>>
>>87640501
Yes, the secon film will be an amobination no one who liked the first movie will like, but it was good.
>>
>>87639399
All shit with no single exception.
>>
>>87639140
the cojuring>memedook>the vvitch>it follows>niggers

i dont think It is scarier than those but its way more enjoyable than any of this
>>
>>87639140
They all suck except the for the witch
>>
>>87639140
Get Out wasn't fucking horror, it was a thriller. Get that shit straight.
>>
1. "The Witch" (6/10)
2. "It Follows" (6/10)
3. "The Conjuring" (4/10)
4. "The Babadook" (4/10)
5. "Get Out" (4/10)

Haven't seen "It".
>>
The Conjuring probably scared me more than any of those. Babadook was more interesting than scary, IT was just too marketable, Get Out was a thriller as previously mentioned, The Witch was just a very tense period piece about cabin fever, and It Follows was up its own ass and put style over substance when it came to creepiness.

But those scenes from the conjuring where that bitch is behind the door and only one of the girls can see her, the possession of the family's mother, and the part with the ghost above the cupboard are all memorable as fuck and genuinely freaked me out.
>>
>>87639399
1. "Norte, the End of History" (8/10)
2. "Goodbye to Language" (7/10)
3. "Knight of Cups" (7/10)
4. "Hard to Be a God" (6/10)
5. "Cemetery of Splendor" (6/10)

Haven't seen "The Turin Horse".
>>
The Witch > The Babadook > It > Get Out > The Conjuring > It Follows
>>
>>87640718
get fucked nigger
>>
The Love Witch > The Vvitch
>>
>>87639140

1. The Cojuring - 5/10

2. Get Out - 5/10

3. The Witch - 5/10

4. The Babadook - 4/10

5. It Follows - 1/10

Haven't seen It yet.
>>
>>87640945
>douche goes on 4chan
>thinks he needs to be recognized so he wears a trip
>looks over, sees other douche wear a trip as well
>douche's territory has been infringed upon
>in a scream of incompetent rage douche attacks douche
>"this is my board!" he squeals
>other douche leaves
>douche pats himself on the shoulder, his fragile honor restored
>>
What is an actual scary movie? I went to a "Scary movie night" and they were watching the conjuring. It was fucking embarrassing. Just a bunch of predictable tropes.
>>
>>87639140
IT > The Conjuring > Get Out > It Follows >>> The Babadook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The VVitch
>>
IT
Witch
Conjouring
Babadook
It follows
Get out

Get out wasn't a horror, it was a meme movie race baiting its way to a free pass on everything.

It Follows was a mess, started great but ended awful. Lazy metaphor movie that breaks its own rules for cheap non-scares.

Babadook was great until the third act, then it commited the ultimate horrr movie sin; became a metaphor for human drama.

Conjouring was ok, a solid 6. Witch was beautiful but a meandering cobbled-together story. Great tense atmosphere and design pulled it through.

IT was a solid horror flick. Didnt try to be art, too many jump scares, but it was the most rounded of the bunch and was entertaining.

>$0.03 has been deposited in my account etc.
>>
>>87639231
Absolutely spot on.
>>
>>87639140
The Witch > Get Out > It Follows

haven't seen the others. it's hard to rate get out as a horror since i saw it more as a comedic social commentary.
>>
>>87641085

Also, the Babadook it's a mixed 4/10.

The script was great, but with a botched ending (which effectively kills a good horror movie), but the direction was really poor.

I thought It Follows was basically unwatchable garbage. I can't find a single positive thing to say about any facet of the film. It's one of the worst well reviewed movies I've seen.

But I don't usually bother talking about it, because people really, really like it, so there has to be something there - I've noticed most of the people who like it are younger than me, so maybe I'm just pic related.
>>
File: tumblr_m9p70whgsa1rvrod6o1_1280.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9p70whgsa1rvrod6o1_1280.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>87641091

Okay, I'll try and do a list of ten movies that scared me.

Context and age probably influence the choices a lot.

1. The Exorcist 3
2. Candyman
3. Hellraiser 2 (kind of - I don't want to get into it, but I found it arousing too)
4. The Killing Of America (age and context dependent)
5. The Silence Of The Lambs/Se7en (age too)
6. The Town That Dreaded Sundown (haven't seen it since I was a small child)
7. Prince Of Darkness (the dream sequences only)
8. Evil Dead Trap
9. Capturing The Friedmans
10. Paranormal Acitivity/Blair Witch/Grave Encounters (I dunno why, I got a thing for Found Footage)

*The last movie to actually give me any scares was "Ghostwatch" - It's not an actual movie - It was a British television special. They actually had it banned from replaying because of retards getting freaked out by it. Pic related.
>>
>>87641110

Hmmm....I'm >>87641152 and >>87641085 and you're the first person whose tastes align so closely to mine on these movies.

Shit, I might actually go and watch It now.
>>
File: 1503262218777.jpg (50KB, 446x537px) Image search: [Google]
1503262218777.jpg
50KB, 446x537px
>>87639140
>the conjuring
7/10
>it follows
5/10
>the babadook
4/10
>the witch
6/10
>get out
5/7
>IT
I did not see him
>>
>>87639140
You don't tell me what to do, bitch.
>>
It Follows > Witch > Get Out > Babadook > IT > > > > > Conjuring
>>
>>87639140
The VVitch > It Follows > It > Get Out > The Conjuring > The Babadook

The Babadook is the only movie on their I'd consider bad, a one trick pony, that has very little going for it and does little with it's premise. The rest range from medicore amd forgettable Blumhouse flicks to pretty good but flawed films that didn't live up to the hype.
>>
>>87641110
Too many jump scares in IT? How many were there? More than 10? Were they at least well done jump scares?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.