[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

western general, I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 310_to_Yuma_(2007_film).jpg (32KB, 306x453px) Image search: [Google]
310_to_Yuma_(2007_film).jpg
32KB, 306x453px
Is this westernkino? If not, what is?
>>
it was shit
>>
>>87636697
>what is?
Tombstone
>>
File: 100_0258.jpg (2MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
100_0258.jpg
2MB, 4288x3216px
>>87636747
fuck you, I indirectly graduated high school because of this movie, pic related
>>
>>87636861
>indirectly graduated high school because of this movie, pic related
I know how you feel... I wouldn't have been able to make it through highschool without knowing I had that gun in my locker just in case...
>>
>>87636861
Do you mean it motivated you or something?
>>
>>87637241
that pic was literally my only "good" drawing in my shitty art class, and I was allowed to avoid the holocaust remembrance project to work on it
>>
>>87637321
Yeah, it's nice
It's also a good movie. One of my favorite modern westerns. It has a good pace that keeps you interested.
>>
>>87636697
better than the original, at least
>>
File: jg.jpg (2MB, 2000x3000px)
jg.jpg
2MB, 2000x3000px
>>87636697
pic related is
>>87636861
>>87637599
end your pathetic existence you reddit browsing plebian subhumans
>>
File: 1moviesfarcountry2.jpg (218KB, 1000x784px) Image search: [Google]
1moviesfarcountry2.jpg
218KB, 1000x784px
Underrated Westkino: The Far Country.

>Jimmy Stewart playing a selfish cowboy killer who barely learns the meaning of friendship
>A crooked hanging judge who single-handedly controls the Klondike
>Some fantastic landscapes-- shot up in the Canadian Rockies
>A tragic ending adds some bite to an otherwise Classical Western

It's a travesty that it's only gotten a shitty DVD transfer so far.
>>
>>87637748
pretty much every single Anthony Mann film is severely underrated
>>
>>87636697
>The Wild Bunch
>Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Both contenders for greatest Western of all time, but which is Peckinpah's best in your opinion? I lean toward Alfredo Garcia. I like the tragic romance element (about the least movie-like and most poignant storyline of its type you're ever likely to see) and the pitch-black humor that's more prominent than in Wild Bunch. There's also Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid as a dark horse which is maybe the best aesthetically of the three (there's some outrageously gorgeous and poetic shots) but I wasn't totally into Kristofferson as Billy and the story didn't have the impact of the other two for me. I haven't seen his other Westerns unless you count The Getaway which was good but could've been a lot more. Have them downloaded though and will get to them soon.
>>
>>87637773
aint that the truth

it's bizarre that he's not a name like Ford or Howard Hawks
I hadn't heard of him until I saw The Naked Spur so maybe I'm just retarded but I feel like he's underserved in the canon of American post-war directors
>>
>>87636697
>westernkino
>Lonely Are The Brave
Adapted from the Edward Abbey story The Brave Cowboy

John W. "Jack" Burns (Kirk Douglas) works as a roaming ranch hand much as the cowboys of the old West did, refusing to join modern society. He rejects much of modern technology, not even carrying any identification such as a driver's license or draft card. He can't provide an address because he just sleeps wherever he finds a place.

After all his adventures, after all he accomplishes and all his struggles against the forces of "progress" that constantly seek to stamp out the soul of individualism, the hero finds himself struck down meaninglessly by a Toilet-fixture truck.

A more true tale of an authentic American misanthrope you shall not find.
>>
>>87638453
>Douglas felt it was his favorite film
>ahead of Paths of Glory, Ace in the Hole, The Vikings
Sounds like trvekino, putting it on the list
>>
>>87636697
>Western general
>being successful during Euro hours
That'll be the day!
>>
>>87638763
>Italocucks
>not reinvigorating the genre before Peckinpah/Altman got a chance to rub "prestige" all over it
>>
>>87638817
Italians are based for sure but only 0.71% of /tv/ posters unfortunately
>>
File: Kiefer Sutherland (46).jpg (184KB, 1024x615px) Image search: [Google]
Kiefer Sutherland (46).jpg
184KB, 1024x615px
>>87636697
Anyone watch that one with Big Kief and Big Big Kief

I liked it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQodCC3o9k
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.