[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WAKE ME UP >I CAN'T WAKE UP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9

WAKE ME UP
>I CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
say no to the black pill.
>>
>it's a Truman discovers Rick and Morty and then spends the next few weeks being an obnoxious nihilist episode
>>
>>87635731
implying it isn't
>a Truman finds psychedelic mushrooms and eats them on a burger episode
>>
Based Jim BTFO /fa/gs forever
>>
>>87635645
He is awake. Maybe too aware for his own good. Love this guy.
>>
He's broken. Donald Trump broke him.
>>
he's Ascended
>>
>>87635964
he is way beyond that at this point
>>
>>87635645
there is nothing wrong with him, you retards think that hes going crazy because hes too woke for your sheeple asses, back to watching CNN and MSNBC
back to watching FOX news
back to your reality Tv shows
back to your Alex Jones and buyign his filters and male vitality
back to your youtube e celeb drama
back to being distracted with your /pol/itics
>>
>>87636070
Back to your cave, living alone, refusing help and crying endlesly.
>>
>>87636070
Back to being underaged
>>
>>87636070
This but unironically.
>>
>>87635645
Rumors say, his problems would go away just by saying nice things about Xenu.
>>
LIKE OPEN DOORS
>>
>>87636176
This but post-ironically
>>
>>87636366
This but antithetically meta-ironically.
>>
File: confused.jpg (81KB, 396x292px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
81KB, 396x292px
>>87635645
Will we ever truly know if she thought about his cock on that day?
>>
File: 1470948798919.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1470948798919.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Sounds like he caught the JUST from Brenny
>>
>>87635645

>just because your girlfriend sudoku'd means you can treat people like assholes

umm, no sweetie
>>
File: mike_gets_his_alimony.jpg (144KB, 464x1164px) Image search: [Google]
mike_gets_his_alimony.jpg
144KB, 464x1164px
>>87636452
What kind of party is this?
>>
>>87636492
JUST a party
>>
>>87635645
an odd couple tv show with him and corey feldman as roommates
>>
GO BACK TO COMEDY JIM FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>87635645
loving the overlord-sanctioned pro-industrial/technological society conditioned backlash against this.

A public figure expresses something outside of the accepted happy-workers, humility and false positivity message and all the social-engineered sleeper cells blow up all over it.

Kaczynski was right.
>>
>>87636520

kek
>>
>>87636827
wow, stay woke
>>
I haven't seen Jim in anything since Yes Man desu.
>>
>>87636827
>blow up all over it.
Actually I find that when someone speaks the truth, no one hears about it. No one. No... one... at all.

Alex Jones has reached millions of people, claims to be speaking the "truth," still hasn't been shut down. I wonder why?
>>
Alternative argument, broken down.

"There's no meaning to any of this so...I wanted to find the most meaningless thing that I could come to and join"
Correct. Fashion is the ultimate in immediate judgment. Clothing; what if a PhD dressed like a bum? Does that negate his credentials? What if a high school drop out wore a suit? The fashion industry is based on harsh judgments; which is why JC chose the place--and the decided irony of being well dressed in context. Pointing out that--you know all this is total bullshit, right?

Icons, Personalities, and "you" existing:
Icon is a character, as is a personality and ultimately--you. A collection of learned patterns in order to operate in society. The difference between Identity and persona. Who were you before you could speak? That you is still you, except you've accumulated garbage over it. That essential self.

"There is a wonderful fragrance in the air"
And that's enough. This moment. That is enough. What else to say?

Response to Icon:
Negated and refuted. Nonsense makes sense to those not willing to indulge.
When you see that the game isn't worth the candle...why continue being serious about it?
What award, what iconic badge can you carry with you once you're dead? And who dies?

"There is no me...or no you...just things happening"
Absolutely correct. What has ever died? Not continued on in some way? Forms change but never cease to be. If a star can explode and the byproducts be reconfigured...why not you? So low on the food chain? A bottom feeder, thinking so highly of itself. As if dust particles could afford arrogance. A dust particle wearing high fashion...how ridiculous.

"It's not our world; we don't matter."
When the sun engulfs the Earth...all human achievements on Earth will be erased, as will Earth.
HOWEVER--the pat on the shoulder at the end--we don't matter, but we fit in. Life isn't against you; the wave can't fight the ocean. Relax into it.
>>
>>87635645
What'd he say
>>
>>87637028
He's transitioning. /pol/fags are butthurt about it
>>
>>87635645
Even with that look he's telling you aren't shit in the grand scheme of things.
You're just a miniscule nothing

The ones who built their entire persona around superficial materialistic and stupid pop culture things are most affected by what he said. Their inconsequential little "world" crumbled like a house of cards

They're rocked, they feel threatened and confused like scared children
>>
>>87636989
this is why we should rape newborn children to death, they don't even exist, it's just molecules bro, just enjoy your life
if a baby can't enjoy being raped then they should get over it
>>
>>87637174
>talks about raping babies

Bet this dude is white
>>
>>87637214
duuuuuuuuude bro like, what is the mass and energy of whiteness? doesn't exist braaaaaaa we are all one being, now lets rape a newborn to death because we are all molecules and rape doesn't exist
>>
>>87637214
>Bet this dude is white

no such thing
>>
>>87637174
In the words of Aleister Crowley
>Do as thou wilt.
>>
>>87637174
Well that escalated quickly
>>
>>87637245
words don't exist dude
it's just molecules
not that molecules exist either
>>87637255
logical conclusion of this philosophy senpai
>>
>>87635645
>I have more money than I can ever spend and nothing brings me joy anymore so the only conclusion is everything is pointless
Real fucking convenient for his ego
>>
>>87636070
One nothing wrong with me
>>
>>87637266
>logical conclusion of this philosophy
All philosophies conclude with the support of raping children if you're a predatory pedophile.

And I should know. We can smell our own.
>>
>>87636827
It's because he couldn't get a single word out without sounding like a fuck ass.
>>
File: 1503018039191.jpg (22KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1503018039191.jpg
22KB, 337x372px
>>87637174
>>
>>87636469
Two nothing wrong with me
>>
>interview asked if hes looking for a date
>trolls the shit out of the dumb whore, and apparently everyone else
>>
as a molecule I think you should all shut up, especially Jim Carrey
>>
>>87637306
a condition I see you can sympathize with.
>>
>>87636989
Three nothing wrong with me now!
>>
>>87637237
>>87637238
Bingo.
Starbucks all around, biscottis on me
>>
>>87637282
Let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the floooooooor!
>>
>>87635645
How fucking ungrateful can you get? It's real easy to float above everyone and act superior when you have literally everything you could ever want. He's made millions off being an """icon""". Arrogant pretentious fuck that is removed from 99% of humanity.
>>
>>87637282
ANON HAVE YOU TAKEN LE #FF0000PILL WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF LEEEEEEEEBSHITHEAD BRO JIMMY IS WOKE AS FUUUUUUUCK U KEK
>>
>>87637420
>How fucking ungrateful can you get?

Somebody goes out of their way to express something outside of the hypnotic narrative of contemporary life and you react as if its a personal attack, rather than a warning about the sinkholes currently opening under our entire society.
>>
>>87637134
And then he went back to his million dollar mansion and sent dick pics to some future suicide victim
>>
>nothing matters and God isn't real(burp)
Is he rick?
>>
>>87637303
Is that what Jim Carrey meant when he said "wonderful fragrance in the air?"
>>
>>87637340
>interview asked if hes looking for a date
seriously? did that actually happen?

Holy shit that's ham-handed and insensitive. No wonder he went off.
>>
>>87637420
>you have literally everything you could ever want

Except for the whole you know, his wife being dead.
>>
>>87637501
Fuck jim carreys faggot ass dude
>>
>>87637498
I don't know. Like Jim and the interviewer, I wasn't there.
>>
>>87637459
>outside of the hypnotic narrative of contemporary life
oh it's part of it, we're all linked dude we're all one it's all meaningless oooh OOPS I accidentally came here to this fashion event to get loads of money and get free publicity but it's all meaningless bruh
>>
>>87637519
That's a very nuanced and brilliantly elucidated argument anon. You've really elevated the discourse and I know I speak for all of us when I say its a good thing you contributed to this conversation.
>>
What's he done? Link?
>>
>>87635816
We'd all be awake if we had limitless wealth and could sit around masturbating to philosophy
>>
>>87637539
did he get loads of money?
did he need free publicity?

As far as I know his Terrence Mckenna movie (which is the only thing I've heard about him being involved with) gets no promotion whatsoever and he's probably unsurprised and reconciled to that fact. Considering the gravity of the subject matter, how could anyone expect it to be promoted by the isolating corporate entertainment machine?
>>
>>87636827
How dare people that work for a living be irritated by a rich pretentious fuck acting superior because he doesn't have to work or care about anything.
>>
>>87637566
It doesn't take limitless wealth to withdraw from the rat race anon. The idea that you have to be a billionaire before you can start living simply is just one of the many traps they use to keep us running on the wheel.
>>
>>87637638
see
>>87637640
>>
>>87637615
He gets people talking about the Jim Carrey brand, so yes. Anyway those events are far from meaningless, he was just acting like an ass to piss off that stupid reporter
>>
>>87637340
This.
He's either fucking around, getting ready for a role, or attempting some weird avant-garde shit. Either way, most people are responding to this in the dumbest of ways. Except the shitposters, they've got it right.
>>
>>87637564
He told a bunch of dumb meatbags what they didn't want to hear
He told them what they've been trying to bury with meaningless crap their entire lives
>>
File: 1493491548449s.jpg (2KB, 124x107px) Image search: [Google]
1493491548449s.jpg
2KB, 124x107px
I dunno. Carrey sounds pretty woke. I'd say he is a red pilled icon... but...
>>
>>87637420
>he thinks icons are real
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>87637667
>He gets people talking about the Jim Carrey brand, so yes.
>the Jim Carrey brand
>brand

That's right... he talked about his own insignificance and the meaninglessness of consumer-driven society in order to increase the profile of his brand.

Noted.
>>
>>87635731
more like
> it's a Truman saw his first Bill Hicks standup and acts like an edgy teenager in college episode
>>
>>87637722
le wacky old woke guy is the oldest brand around
>>
>>87637539
>I accidentally came here to this fashion event to get loads of money and get free publicity

What the fuck are you on about? Nobody paid him any money to be there, much less "loads" of it. And he doesn't need publicity - he doesn't have a movie coming out soon. He's probably just depressed and couldn't stomach being alone in the house anymore
>>
>>87637774
you know it is possible to break out of the walls we've built around ourselves right?

It doesn't always have to be this way.
>>
>>87637811
That's what they tell you when you're a teen

there are no walls around you
you are the bricks
>>
>>87637667
>>87637539

You're the opposite of Jim Carrey woke. You're a community college cynic woke.
>>
>>87637667
>Anyway those events are far from meaningless

Clorox.. down it.
>>
>>87637835
>That's what they tell you when you're a teen

No they dont.

They tell you to keep building.
>>
>>87637638
>people that work for a living

You think your job of shoveling shit deserves the same amount of money and accolades as the top comedic talent of the 1990s?

Jim Carrey didn't inherit his money. In fact, he grew up dirt poor. He worked and earned all the money he's got.
>>
>>87637839
then tell me how they are meaningless, something concrete please, maybe it was meaningless to Jim but they serve specific purposes, they happen for various reasons
>>
>>87636989
Pure autism
>>
>>87637941
>tell me how they are meaningless
Tell you how fashion shows are meaningless?

are you serious?

Even the bland generality of your own language reveals how little depth there is to explore

>they happen for various reasons

High fashion is the height of meaninglessness and vacuity in our society, it glorifies it, revels in it.
I can't seriously believe that you think Fashion show red-carpet events are important... they're expensive, that's for sure, but that's just conspicuous consumption, flaunting the products of a bloated and materialistic society with no underlying reason or rationality.

Its enough to drive even a sane man to Nihilism.
>>
>>87636070
WHEN YOUR RIIIIIIIIIIIIPE YOU'LL BLEED OUT OF CONTROL BLEED OUT OF control
>>
>>87637972
Pure non-response/shit-post
>>
>>87638035
>driving force for many economies
>endless publicity for everyone involved
>some charity involved
>tailoring is an art wether you like it or not
definitely meaningless bro, just say you don't like it
>>
gay thread
>>
>>87638104
>driving force for many economies
>>
>>87638148
I admit that was a bit too much, but it's still important
>>
>>87638187
>t's still important

this stuff?
>>
>>87638223
>I don't like it so it doesn't bring in money
>>
>>87638223
Yeah

It's a fucked up industry but it's very important
>>
>>87638244

Not everything that is expensive is also important. High fashion isn't about selling clothing, it's about selling women a sense of insecurity and inadequacy to make them seek retail therapy. It's a net loss for the health of the species and a parasitic industry in economic terms.
>>
>>87638280
>it's very important

I admit I've been being snarky... I dont know you and its an easy groove to fall into when talking anonymously to strangers, but in all seriousness, Events like the one we are talking about are NOT IMPORTANT. Not in any way.

Yes, people spend massive amounts of money on the events themselves and on the products and lifestyle they promote.
Yes, they are thoroughly enmeshed into the geopolitical gestalt of industrial society.
Yes, there are token gestures of charity that nibble around the edges and stand in stark contrast to the vapid spectacles of which they are an afterthought.
Yes, clothes are important for hairless mammals like us, but the Fashion and Celebrity industry is so removed from that survival necessity that it makes a mockery of its usefulness.

All those things are exemplify perfectly why these events are the pinnacle of meaninglessness. That is exactly the thrust of the criticism that started this whole discussion.
You may not agree with Jim Carrey's thoughts and philosophies, you may object to the tone with which he expressed it, but to attempt to cut down his arguments by propping up the Fashion industry as a meaningful and useful institution is a folly of herculean proportions.

You appear to be an intelligent individual capable of expressing yourself. I have to believe that by breaking the fourth wall of antagonism I can get you to acknowledge the sheer meaninglessness...
>>
>>87638244
>I missed the point from the very beginning but I'm still here!
>>
>>87638353
Not the guy you're responding to but your entire argument hinges on a definition of 'important' that you haven't provided, 'importance' is not an objective fact, it also isn't enough to just state that it's subjective either
I mean with enough reductionism anything can be whittled down to meaninglessness, you can make some absolutely sound arguments for sexuality, insemination and childbirth being meaningless and those three things are the main purpose of all organic life as we know it. If you take that mindset you're constantly a few steps away from 'everything is meaningless' which sounds enlightened but oddly enough doesn't mean anything itself.
To artists, tailors and designers working in the industry it's important because it's presumably something they're passionate about, to the factory workers who produce the raw materials for those artists it's important because it puts food on the table, to the press who go to those events it's important because likewise both the previous points, you can rinse and repeat this for every stage hand and lighting operator and the campy guy who wears a headset and walks around very quickly holding a clipboard and the other hundreds of opportunities for work and produce and the simple ability to demonstrate human ingenuity and creativity in a public setting
What's so morally bankrupt about that?
>>
>>87635645
What did he do?
>>
>>87638573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JmNKGfFj7w
>>
>>87638573
>>87637564
https://youtu.be/-JmNKGfFj7w
>>
>>87638588
>>87638603
At this point blackpilled stage he's either close to suicide or just doing something dumb and becoming a born-again-something
>>
>>87638561
I've made no argument as to the moral worth of such events, and to my knowledge neither did Jim Carrey.

The vast expanse of interlocking dependencies that feed off such industries don't prove it is a meaningful exercise. They merely stand to highlight its meaningfulness.
The argument being made is not one about "practicality" or about what is important inside the self-dependent hierarchy of labor and production that exists in every facet of industrialized society. The Fashion industry is an INDUSTRY, it is a self-perpetuating system of stacked technologies in which total societal industrialization is necessary in order to perpetuate it. To argue that this necessity makes it meaningful or important is to miss the point that all of the jobs you describe are guilding a lily. Just because the meaningless thing is participated in by many people and an enormous amount of money, effort and expoitation surrounds it does not make it meaningful, it drags people into its meaninglessness and perpetuates the march of technocracy to erode the rights of the individual.

To point out that it is the most meaningless event possible and to make statements like Jim Carrey made is an attempt to call attention to a higher struggle. Keeping focused on all the minutia of the industry doesn't refute the argument of this higher struggle, it is simply a refusal to engage with the argument in any meaningful way.

I genuinely don't mean to sound condescending. If i come off that way I apologize. Communication at this level is a highly uncertain exercise and as I noted earlier, snarkiness is a well-worn rut in the road of anonymous online communication.

It may inform my position somewhat if I tell you that I recently read a long article called "Industrial Society and Its Future", commonly referred to as "The Unabomber Manifesto", and while I'm aware of the compromised credibility of its author, I found many of the predictions and conclusions of his article to be very insightful.
>>
>>87638823
>The vast expanse of interlocking dependencies that feed off such industries don't prove it is a meaningful exercise. They merely stand to highlight its meaningfulness.

should read
>They merely stand to highlight its meaninglessness

...obviously
>>
>>87638823
>nowthisisshitposting.jpg
>>
>>87639253
you're projecting my friend.
>>
>>87639253
you see a full-length post that's on-topic, polite and cites Ted Kaczynski and your contribution is a greentext meme about shitposting?
Have you no self-awareness?

(I don't either just for the record. Its cool)
>>
He's right though. Celebrities are lower than fucking filth.
>>
>>87638280
>it's very important
And now you do what they told ya
>>
File: SadAsuka.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
SadAsuka.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
>SSSSSSOMEBODY STOP ME!
>Nobody did.

IT'S ALL OUR FAULT
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.