[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know any good movies about cosmic horror?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: azathoth.jpg (10KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
azathoth.jpg
10KB, 350x200px
Anyone know any good movies about cosmic horror?
>>
>>87631806
Literally every major studio film is a black magic ritual with Saturn
Movies are the cosmic horror, anon
>>
>>87631994
What does the sixth planet from the sun have to do with anything?
>>
>>87632116

You don't want to know. Not really. Do you?

TURN BACK
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (25KB, 479x325px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
25KB, 479x325px
>>87632172
TELL ME
>>
>>87631994

Every piece of fiction is a universe
Everything happening all the time
Swirling reality into the hexagon on the sixth planet bending time and space into the ultimate horror
>>
>>87632116
Oh anon. Let's start with those black cubes called motherboxes in the new Justice League movie.
Did you know Snyder's company has Saturn's symbol on it?

>>87632172
Yes
>>
Yeah. Not It (2017)
>>
File: candusquarelogofull.jpg (113KB, 600x548px) Image search: [Google]
candusquarelogofull.jpg
113KB, 600x548px
>>87632254
>>
>>87632301
>Not It

I've never heard of this movie... who names a movie "Not It" lmao
>>
>>87632391

It's the new Tag movie adaptation, you never heard of it?
>>
>>87632301
>shapeshifting space faggot eating children
This is a weird thread...
>>
>>87631806
In the Mouth of Madness
>>
And the first Hellboy movie and Event Horizon
>>
>>87631806
The Exorcist
>>
>>87631806
Child Eater (2017)
A horrible cunt in a black trenchcoat goes around wrecking people
>>
>>87632239

[Spoiler]Saturn is designed to siphon and consume souls as they are leaving our plane of existence. Instead they get caught in Saturn's snare and become unnaturally bound to ours. Naturally this causes a lot of angst which ripples across the emotional dimension which we do not fully comprehend. Some people are sensitive to this anguish and become inspired to write stories that in some way are reminiscent of the unending hell that these lost souls are being subjected to, forced to be without form or function in a universe that demands both. All they can do is watch as all the horrors of the universe play out before them, unable to do a thing to stop it
>>
File: DianeSelwyn.jpg (26KB, 173x200px) Image search: [Google]
DianeSelwyn.jpg
26KB, 173x200px
>>87631806
I suppose Mulholland Drive counts in a way, there is certainly suffering involved in the final manifestation of reality moreso than the others
>>
>>87632885
Interesting. It sounds a little schizophrenic to be honest but also awesome
>>
>>87633282

The spoiler is that reality, true reality, would drive anybody schizo if they could comprehend even a sliver of what's out there.
>>
>>87633394
What's out there?
>>
>>87632969

well than twin peaks too
>>
File: FaEDimE.png (376KB, 1020x554px) Image search: [Google]
FaEDimE.png
376KB, 1020x554px
>>
there are some strange monsters in lexx
>>
>>87633553
is that a fire shitting space anus?
>>
>>87633457
real shit
>>
>>87632172
This is why /x/ sucks
>lemme hint about my secret cosmic knowledge
>but I won't do more than type a few vague shitty larp posts, fuck explaining shit
Even if you just want to wax schizophrenic the posts are usually entertaining, spill the beans
>>
>>87633646
Theres a magic cult that's using psychic energy and magic symbols to control people. Movies are a trap, man. It's all a bad, bad scene.
>>
>>87633457

Beings beyond our comprehension capable of using solar systems and planets to trap and harvest anguished souls for what seems like eternity. I don't know what purpose it serves them.
>>
>>87633610
Ohhh
>>
>>87633763
>beyond comprehension
>implies a clear malicious perception of intent of said incomprehensible forces
>>
>>87633763
They sound bored and lonely. If it wasn't all so evil I would feel sad for them.
>>
>>87633835

To me, it seems malicious. To them, maybe not. Maybe they need us and they have no other option. I don't know. Like I said, they are incomprehensible at this time.
>>
>>87631806
Dark City
>>
What happened to Del Taco's At the Mountains of Madness?
>>
>>87633553
>>87633587
"ur buthole wen u eat da spicy food" lol
>>
>>87631806
The Void
>>
>>87635398
The studio wanted Tom Cruise as the lead, a PG-13 rating and tons of story changes, so he mercy killed the project.
>>
>>87631806
>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky
>>
>>87636644
>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu still rising out of the water
>ending is Cthulu standing in the water he just rose out of

I'm laughing way to hard at this.
>>
>>87632242
wat
>>
>>87633703
then what the fug are you doing on the /tv/ - Television & Film board
>>
>>87636644
This meme is not funny, never was and never will be
>>
>>87635456

Have you even watched a Hollywood monster movie?

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>lighter music starts playing
>A white doctor is getting ready to leave for work, she kisses her black husband as she's leaving
>shot of the husband and his son in a bus going over a bridge
>something massive appears from the water
>Series of second long shots that all fade to black showing the bus being attacked
>goes to a long shot of the bus now wrecked, the son is being picked up by the dad, he looks over his dads shoulder and screams.
>title card
>>
>>87639643

Bleh >>87639643
was meant for >>87636644
>>
>>87632172

Don't be such a faggot.

Basically, Hollywood is infested with satanists who worship Saturn. Look up Black Cube worship.
>>
>>87632885
i read this in alex jones' voice.
>>
>>87632885
Any other proof to this than "David Icke said so"?
>>
>>87640154

Well what do you expect? A MSM article stating Hollywood is run by Saturn-worshipping satanists?

https://hollywoodsubliminals.wordpress.com/black-cube/
>>
>>87631994
based cult of saturn poster
>>
>>87632242
shut up morrison>>87632862
>>
bloodborne

Am i cool yet guys?

slap a few tentacles here, a few fish men there, maybe a few howling sounds of madness, perhaps even, if you're feeling lucky, perhaps throw in some sort of mention here and there, or some great harrowing prophecy written in carvings across the slimy walls alluding to some greater "thing", because it is so monstrous, so other worldly and incomprehensible by our tiny, weak minds that it can't even be given a name.

perhaps it was looming on the horizon the entire time, or maybe it was even your love interest, who is also dead, perhaps it was all a dream you later realise wasn't just a dream, spooky things, reflections from your dreams in the forms of smiling men and women with their heads turned downwards but eyes looking straight up as they do menial jobs around the town, but you swore you remember them wearing black cloaks and speaking garbled octopus sounds, or perhaps you don't.

Either way, its guaranted to go no higher than 40% on rotten tomatoes, because, "Lovecraftian... Eldritch... Cosmic... Weird", are fun words that rarely ever make for compelling films
>>
>>87641296
this is some advanced shitposting
>>
>>87641296
oh no this theme has these reoccurring thematic elements, the humanity whatever shall we do
>>
>>87641530
>>87641673
It was the flying tentacle meatball all along

You can't kill it, so let's just end the film
>>
>good
>cosmic
>horror
you can choose 2 (two)
>>
>>87632885
Go back to /x/ you desillusional faggot
>>
>>87631806
In the mouth of madness is the only one i can think of atm
>>
Pic related anon
>>
So is all the shit in this thread real?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.