[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraftian films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: bloodborne_lovecraft.jpg (98KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_lovecraft.jpg
98KB, 1000x563px
I'm looking for Lovecraftian style films or shows and I don't know what to be looking for. I've read a bit of Lovecraft and find his work interesting.

I guess i'm looking for things that have some sense of impending cosmic doom and mysteriousness and people getting caught up in affairs beyond their comprehension sort of stuff. I'm completely new to this sort of genre but I'm quite intrigued with it all and don't know where to maybe start. Most of the "Lovecraft" films seem to have poor ratings and I don't know if they're worth watching
>>
>>87630974
Into the Mouth of Madness
>>
>>87630974
most of them are indeed shit.
Dagon
The Void
The thing
Prince of darkness
In the mouth of madness

or play the game Conarium
>>
This was pretty good
https://vimeo.com/102372269
>>
>>87631043
Will check some of these out, the void looks a bit gory for my liking, seems gory just to be gory kind of film. Conarium looks cool and I don't like horror video games
>>
>>87631128
Just saw the void the other day. I too, am not huge on gore for the sake of gore and I enjoyed the movie. Most of it looked like practical effects. I don't think many people would find it more disturbing than a gory haunted house irl.
>>
>>87630974
The mist and event horizon are good ones
>>
>>87631128
Honestly, the gore is there to drive home just how fucked up the antagonists are and what they're doing really is. I can't go into much more detail than that without more spoilers, though.
>>
>>87630974
IT Chapter Two
>>
>>87630974
Check out Dark Song. The whole movie is one long ritual.
>>
>>87630974
Also I apologize for turning your other shill thread into a Saturn thread.
>>
Melancholia or whatever with the girl from Spider-Man is the only lovecrattian film that gets it right.
>>
File: shatterbrain-the-resurrected.png.jpg (581KB, 780x1170px) Image search: [Google]
shatterbrain-the-resurrected.png.jpg
581KB, 780x1170px
The Resurrected (1991)

Is a really good adaptation that catches the dreadful atmosphere.

Just don't watch the trailer, it shows all plot immediately.
>>
True Detective if you haven't watched it. Dark crime story with a lovecraftian lens.
>>
>>87632823
You don't understand what the word "shill" means, do you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7b1V8Jbu4g
Evil Dead

The main book is called the "Necronomicon" for a reason.
>>
>>87630974
Twin Peaks might sort of count actually.
As would It
>>
>>87635209
well it's shit so I guess it has that in common
>>
AM 1200, short film that another anon recommended was really good. Another one I never see mentioned that kinda fits the vibe is Lord of Illusions.
>>
>>87632823
Wasn't my thread, I saw it though
>>87634389
True detective season 1 was amazing
>>87635209
Yeah I need to finish this still, never have gotten around to it season 2 gets pretty weird
>>
Really enjoyed the first part of this, worth to watch for that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.