[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rate this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: numero9_0903.jpg (90KB, 575x851px) Image search: [Google]
numero9_0903.jpg
90KB, 575x851px
How would you rate this movie?
>>
Nein
>>
>>87621504
I'd give it a 9 out of 18
>>
>>87621504
6 out of 9
>>
I'd give it an edgy 4 out of 10.
>>
>>87621504
disappoint/10
>>
File: oddworld.jpg (36KB, 530x350px) Image search: [Google]
oddworld.jpg
36KB, 530x350px
>>87621504
I first saw this in the theater. Dope as fuck. Reminded me of an oldschool videogame called Oddworld.
>>
>>87621504
Coheed/Cambria
>>
>>87621504
I thought it was older than 2009.
That is almost exactly eight years ago, but still.
>>
>>87621504
The visuals are unique yet digestible - a hard thing to find in today's oceans of vapid talking emoticons.
And the solid, heavy mystery surrounding the plot, with a sincere air of melancholy, is also a rarity among animated flicks, though the latter aspect is predictable from a Burton opus.

However - and this may partly be a flaw in the design of the characters; they lack those big stupid eyeballs and wide-open mouths of 'Tangled' and 'Moana' - the film fails to deliver enough range in pathos.
The ultimate triumph of the sack dolls over the machine at the end lacks catharsis. The melancholy, dreary atmosphere is consistent in a good way, but never drops to a memorable emotional depth.

It's fun to explore the environment and it's history - there's a drama to the loss of humanity and the memory of our professor's studies, searching for the source of life.

Help me. Why was it so boring, guys? I feel like it has everything.
>>
>>87621504
I see your joke OP

Nice bait thread but you can't fool me
>>
File: 1476913076818.jpg (70KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476913076818.jpg
70KB, 562x530px
>>87621504

>visionary director

Is this ever NOT a red flag?
>>
>>87622155
>visionary director

Srsly, looks like an art school grad project.
I always thought it was DIRECTED by Tim Burton, I guess that explains why nobody remembers this.
>>
The short was better.
>>
>>87622217
>Srsly, looks like an art school grad project.

Exactly my thoughts. The "dark" atmosphere felt too try hard and forced.
>>
>>87621635
I loved that game, it got pretty brutal at times
>>
>>87622116
It has godawful pacing, maybe the worst i've ever seen. Its an interesting setting so it was watchable but yeah, if you pay attention to its pacing you will realize how terrible it was
>>
>>87621504
the number that comes after 9 on the keyboard
>>
>>87622116
Yea, I was 13 when it came out and it seemed to consist of everything I was into at the time but it was so damn boring. That's all I remember from it because I haven't watched it since
>>
>>87621504
how can it be good the main character is just a sack with plastic eyes
>>
5.9/10?
kind of stupid but aesthetic
>>
>>87621504
7/10. Good animation, music and action scenes.

It's funny how people give this movie shit for not having much of a story, while My Neighbor Totoro gets all the praise in the world.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.