[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney is cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1483429181135.jpg (373KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1483429181135.jpg
373KB, 1920x1602px
>capeshit before Disney
Wide variety of films and stories. Stark differences in style and atmosphere with films being author-driven. Combined entertainment with some sort of moral message and did the best to humanize superheroes.

>Capeshit after Disney
Superheros are just quip bots. Barely possible to distinguish the films. Feels more like corporate products than author films. Entertainment is shallow and the morals are nonexistant.
>>
it was always shit, no one needs your revisionist drivel, mouseshill
>>
File: opmarvel.png (394KB, 1511x944px) Image search: [Google]
opmarvel.png
394KB, 1511x944px
Imagine being OP and being so butthurt at something so trivial lmao
>>
Can't believe Marvel still hasn't beaten IM1 after a whole decade.
>>
File: 1497939946257.jpg (423KB, 1860x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497939946257.jpg
423KB, 1860x1400px
>>87601789
Is this a new tactic for Disney shills to call other Disney shills while pulling revisionist bullshit?
>>
>>87601877
Marvel was pretty decent cinema before Disney bought them. Fox is still doing decent Marvel.
>>
>>87601726
Iron Man was so good it doesn't even feel like the same genre as the "product" Disney churns out.
>>
>>87602195
The first half is good. As soon as he launches the first suit it turns to shit. Everybody stops acting like real humans and starts acting purely on what looks cool/funny. Tony Stark transforms from a believable genius into a moron because we've gotta have the comedy scenes!

I'm convinced the first half is only good by accident. They just hadn't perfected the formula yet and defaulted to making a real movie when they weren't sure.
>>
>>87602195
I rewatched this quite recently and also noticed this. Iron Man doesn't even really feel like a super hero movie or like it has anything in common with the marvel movies we see nowadays.
>>
Know those Phase 1, Phase 2, blah blah blah boxsets?

Iron Man sticks out like a sore thumb when it's lumped together with the rest.

The Incredible Hulk might be the sole exception but that's it. Even Iron Man 2, the direct sequel, feels nothing like IM1.
>>
>>87601900
You would know, shill.
>>
>>87602489
>>87602482

I feel like its greatest strength was also its greatest weakness - it wasn't all that thought-out before it started filming. Tons of ad-libs and just letting the actors and the director take it wherever they felt best. It does lose a good deal of steam in the second half, but I honestly don't feel like the real Disneyfication set in until sometime mid-point of the second film. It's at that point that we shift from a more Nolan-trilogy setting into full-on comic book mode, or rather, what some Disney exec thinks comics are. That's the point where Tony Stark, the troubled, anti-authoritarian alcoholic in a walking tank, stops getting explored from a perspective of what sort of impact such a man would have on the world.

From there on out, it's no longer about character and themes, and all about the franchise.
>>
>>87601726
Anon, I'm going to give you some advice - put capeshit out of your mind.

Once upon a time I was thinking of writing a comprehensive analysis of all the Marvel Cinematic Universe films but then I realized - what for? Why waste my precious time dredging through shit if I can just watch great films?

The thing is: nobody cares. People who haven't noticed the criticisms of these films by now likely won't.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.