[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's gone wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: TWD-image.png (911KB, 1438x808px) Image search: [Google]
TWD-image.png
911KB, 1438x808px
What's gone wrong?
>>
>>87598822
Budget has decreased to the point that it costs too much to have zombies in the show for long periods of time, resulting in the show we have now where it's all about other survivors and no cool zombie action.
It isn't really interesting watching a small town do moderately ok for seasons of a show with the occasional fight between people.
Feels like they've exhausted all the quirky types of society that could've popped up too, like the hospital, trash people, the mexicans, women village etc. There's nothing left to explore.
>>
Show now has LITERALLY the worst acting, directing and camera work of any show ive seen in my life

https://youtu.be/Wz2OP-2rVAA?t=98
https://youtu.be/MzgXsNbCKHQ?t=48
>>
>>87598822
guys have literally 9,834 millions km2 to live comfy and they choose the only place where climate is shit and make war with a psycho killer.
>>
>>87598945
They still haven't explored the crazy zombie cult
>>
>>87598822
>Rick walks up to a chain link fence and puts his hand on it

YOU KNOW THANGS ARE HORDER NOW

>He stares into the sunset

BUT WER GONNA SURVARV THIS

>Camera pans over a corn field

WE'VE ALL BIN THREW SOME KINDUH HELL

>Camera focuses on crumbling building

IT'S JUST UZZ NOBODY EYLSE, WE RELY ON EACH UTHER, WE LOOK OUT FUR EACH UTHER

>Zombies walking down a road through a forest

WE DO THIS, WE SURVAV, WE DON'T, WE DIE

>Close up of zombies face

CUZ WURA FAYMILY

DUNUNUNUNUNANUNUNUNUNUNANUNUNUBWAAAAAAM
>>
>>87598970
This. Holy shit.
>>
They seem to have a budget to make 7 episodes

But they drag it out and make 13 instead

the opposite of what HBO did with GOT
>>
>>87598822
Too many seasons with too little content
>>
>>87599063
9/10

Just needed
>I CAN RESPEKT DAT
>>
>>87599251
This
>>
This shit is still going?
>>
>>87601162
Unfortunately
>>
it's been shit since 609 except for when negan or eugene are on screen
>>
>>87598970
Andrew Lincoln and Michael Rooker were fantastic compared to the rest of the cast.
>Sit through that entire POS Tara episode
>NEXT WEEK ON THE WALKING DEAD
>Shows a clip of Andrew Lincoln
>Jarring to actually see an actor act
>>
There's no reason Daryl should still be alive other than to appease tumblr landwhales
>>
>>87599063
>Rick stares at the camera for an exceptional period of time
>Daryl grunts when performing any task involving motion
>It's a Daryl takes out a tank and 100 zombies with 1 grenade and 1 crossbow episode
>It's a the Gubner is Liquid Snake episode
>Negan keeps pausing. Between. Words. RIGHT before he explodes at the end of the SENTENCE!
>>
>>87598822
The whole "humans are the real monster" trope got old fast.

Also, only the first two episodes of the first season are good, and that's because the first one is pretty much copypasted from the comic and the second one just continues the plot. Then it went downhill.
>>
File: 1503547599516.png (132KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1503547599516.png
132KB, 540x301px
>>87601839
>Daryl Season 1
>Interesting character, different than both his brother and Shane
>Daryl Season 2
>This character's developing even more, showing weaknesses
>Daryl Season 3
>I LUV MUH BRUTHER RICK GRAMES IS MUH FRUND
>Daryl Season 4
>I LUV'D MUH BRUTHER RICK GRAMES IS MUH FRUND
>Daryl Season 5
>BOODY HOO HOO SUMUN DAID
>Daryl Season 6
>RICK GRAMES IS MUH FRUND
>Daryl Season 7
>BOODY HOO HOO I GAWT SUMUN KILT AGEN
>>
File: unwuvsmvj.png (38KB, 730x290px) Image search: [Google]
unwuvsmvj.png
38KB, 730x290px
>Find safe place
>Hoomans fuck it up
>Zombies comes and kill litteraly who character
>Everyone is sad
>Find another safe place
>Hoomans fuck it up again
>Zombies kill another fodder character
>People as sad
>Repeat over and over again.

It went really stale fast. Not to mention how silly it is these days if you compare it to season 1.
>>
>>87602006
Everyone stands in the open with no cover using firearms as if they were pointing sticks at each other and saying BANG BANG
>>
File: 89HANHg.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
89HANHg.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>87602042

Every season

>Season opener is somewhat worth watching.
>Nothing happens until mid-season finale
>Season starts up again
>Nothing happens until season finale.

Also, the changes from the comic made it hard to suport rick against he saviors. He attacked them first and whines like a bitch once they retaliated.

Kirkman himself has dropped the ball long ago also. The last issue about the mexican enjoying how many whites that died feelt like a satire from tumblr.
>>
>>87598822
>budget cut
>not enough scavenging and killing random guys
>too much in safe zone talking
>dumb ppl doing dumb things
>not enough thrill due plot armor
>not gritty enough
>Everyone just aged 20 years in 3 years
>cannibals in 2 years
>>
CGI Deer
>>
File: whatduhhell.gif (2MB, 370x335px) Image search: [Google]
whatduhhell.gif
2MB, 370x335px
>mfw I realized that Darabont directed The Shawshank Redemption and that's why the first season was so good
>>
>>87598822
not enough negan.
>>
>>87598822
the show is a zombie, shuffling on aimlessly
>>
>>87598822
Nothing. I binged it last month with no previous knowledge of it. The series was shit since day one. I kinda enjoyed the first episodes for the novelty, but it wore down fast.

The governor seasons are pure crap, Alexandria was pure crap too. Negan season is crap too, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan makes it passable.

I think the mistake was (other than overstaying its welcome) to show the zombies as really, really easy to kill and control. Zombies went from a real threat to just a boring task like mowing the lawn. I mean, it does make sense. A tight city escape gives advantage to the zombies, but on the open you can just take a walk and kill all walkers around like nothing. As long as you have some kind of barrier you can clean up easily the zombies around. But that makes for really boring storytelling
>>
>>87601839
Daryl is a no character. Its funny to see him pretending to be cool and hip with that emo haircut when he is fat, old and his face now looks like shit.

Glenn was also a non character past season 2. Yeah, he was a good guy, but could you describe Glenn other than being a good guy? They had to give him a kid because his death would mean nothing without it. Shittiest character in the group. I felt sadder for the big redhead guy than the chink.
>>
Daryl is the worst character of all time.
>>
>>87601816
Lennia James too
>AND YOU WERE NAT THEYA
>>
I dropped the comic once I got to like, issue 100 because I had to wait for more to come out. This was way before the show was ever thought of, and I never picked up the show. How did the comic turn out?
>>
So glad I stopped at season 2

1 was goat why did they fuck this show?
>>
>>87602832
>the show itself is the walking dead
pottery
>>
>>87598822
The source. It is an ongoing comic book with no goal in sight.
>>
>>87598822
is not game of thrones
>>
File: every-walking-dead-issue.jpg (166KB, 590x842px) Image search: [Google]
every-walking-dead-issue.jpg
166KB, 590x842px
>>87598822
>What's gone wrong?

Trying to make a long running multi-season tv series out of cheese ball comic book that uses the same characters throughout, inevitably resulting the same storylines being recycled over and over again.

"The Walking Dead" could have been a cool high energy movie trilogy but there simply isn’t enough story there for a tv series.

“World War Z” on the other hand, being an anthology with different characters, in different locations and experiencing different situations would have made for a great tv series, as thew writers would have the freedom to explore the premiss of the story.
>>
File: Every. Episode. Ever.jpg (97KB, 728x547px) Image search: [Google]
Every. Episode. Ever.jpg
97KB, 728x547px
>>87598822
>What's gone wrong?
>>
Honestly, I just watch it for Andrew Lincoln at this point. And Daryl. Even though he has literally no character it feels like. It's just fun to watch them both.
>>
>>87598822
Too bad I stretched it out until the Season 5 finale. I got bored so I dropped it. Then I heard about this Negan killing Glenn. That's it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.