[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this movie have any meaningful message whatsoever? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: uttertrash.png (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uttertrash.png
536KB, 1920x1080px
Did this movie have any meaningful message whatsoever? I was left with impression that Peter did what he did because he wanted to prove himself to Tony Stark and become a member of the Avengers, not because he genuinely wanted to help the people of New York (and Washington DC I guess). What ever happened to "with great power comes great responsibility"?

Hell, in Civil War Spider-Man was literally a mercenary hired to kill Captain America and his gang.
>>
>>87595830
I hated it because of niggers too, let's be besties. ;3
>>
>>87595830
> was left with impression that Peter did what he did because he wanted to prove himself to Tony Stark and become a member of the Avengers,
Are you dumb? Thats the whole point, did you qatch the ending
>>
>>87595989
>Are you dumb? Thats the whole point, did you qatch the ending
Not OP, but what in the ending changed Spider-Man's mind?
He went from "waaah, I wanna be an Avenger! I know, I'll 'help' people just to prove to Tony that I'm ready for the Avengers."
to
"Eh, I don't wanna be an Avenger now because I'll miss out on banging black MJ and other teenage activities."
>>
File: web.jpg (28KB, 288x266px) Image search: [Google]
web.jpg
28KB, 288x266px
>>87596079
>Spider-Man wants to impress Mr. Stark and is all about increasing his own personal fame as a hero
>Is constantly tempted to use Spider-Man to increase his popularity at school
>Every time he attempts to fix a problem that's out of his league to try to impress Iron Man he fucks things up and makes things worse
>Eventually gives up his chance at joining the Avengers because he realizes he's better suited as a street-level hero who looks out for the little guy, puts the greater good ahead of his own ambition, showing him as a true hero

How the fuck is a children's superhero movie too complicated for you autists
>>
>>87596079
When the boat got blowned up he realized that he messed up with the police operation and made thing worse by being to eager. The whole time he thought he was being ignored he found out he wasn't, tony knew all about. The vulture confrontation happened after this, but the fight and the house scene wasn't important for his growth at that point, except maybe the building falling on him, and he is like I'm spiderman, i got to do what spiderman has to do
>>
>>87595961
i need a racist bf(male) so fucking bad
our neet 69ing would be so fucking great
>>
>>87595830

Why do you keep making this thread every night? Stop.
>>
>>87596184
>Spider-Man wants to impress Mr. Stark and is all about increasing his own personal fame as a hero
The first part yes, not so much the 2nd.
>Is constantly tempted to use Spider-Man to increase his popularity at school
Not really. It's his new fat best friend who talked him into going to the party in costume.
>Every time he attempts to fix a problem that's out of his league to try to impress Iron Man he fucks things up and makes things worse
He didn't see it that way. He saw what he did on the boat as a great job.
>Eventually gives up his chance at joining the Avengers because he realizes he's better suited as a street-level hero who looks out for the little guy
Again, no he doesn't. He fights a huge Avenger-esque battle with Vulture, then decides to not be an Avenger when realizes how far their base is from him home and how he will miss out on being a kid.
> puts the greater good ahead of his own ambition, showing him as a true hero
Again, nothing about this was in the film. He literally just didn't want to miss out on being a teenager.
>>
File: WE_WUZ.jpg (118KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
WE_WUZ.jpg
118KB, 1200x900px
>>87595830
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

Obviously its message was that the day of white nazis is OVER and to embrace globalism.
>>
>>87596271
>He didn't see it that way. He saw what he did on the boat as a great job.
Until iron man showed and told him how much of a fuck up he was. He didn't want to be an avenger later because he thougt he wasn't ready/ want to grow up to be his own thing
>>
>>87596419
>Until iron man showed and told him how much of a fuck up he was.
He still disagreed with Tony.
> He didn't want to be an avenger later because he thougt he wasn't ready/ want to grow up to be his own thing
No. This wasn't even implied. Him looking at his friends in the pool at the hotel when he had to go out and be Spider-Man foreshadowed his decision. He wanted to be a teenager and do teenager things. Him being at the Avengers headquarters upstate and going on around the globe Avengers adventures made that impossible. That's why he turned Tony down.
>>
In the original Sam Raimi movie Peter did abuse his newfound powers to to get money for a new car so he can impress May Jane. He's selfish and lets the thief escape. After uncle Ben's untimely death he becomes a responsible young man, willing to put himself in harm's way for the greater good.

In Homecoming he's still a dumb, irresponsible faggot, even though uncle Ben's death was implied already in Civil War ("When you can do the things I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you"). He doesn't care as much about the people of New York as he cares about winning Tony Stark's favour. He's so fucking naive, he got talked into crashing Liz's party by his fat friend so he can raise his social status. At the ed of the movie, he declines Tony Stark's offer because he doesn't want to miss out on his teenage years, not so much because he wants to be NYC's vigilante, like another anon said several posts above me.
>>
I'm sick of capeshit having a message of "doing the right thing because I have power". That's the message behind every hero, I just want to see cool fight scenes and not a cliche sappy moral dilemma.
>>
Did that hack Jon Watts forget that Spider-Man has spider-sense? Or that he lifted a fucking gangway in Civil War? And yet couldn't lift a pair of air conditioners in Homecoming.

There wasn't even any web-swinging through NYC. It's like a Superman movie where Superman doesn't fly.
>>
>>87596184
The problem is that his motivations all come from Tony Stark, even his decision to remain more a local hero is him embracing Tony's earlier suggestion.

Now who wants to talk about the fact that by allowing Pete to keep the suit and operate anonymously, Tony is actively going against everything he talked about in Civil War and encouraging Pete to act as an outlaw?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.