[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found Footage General - /ffg/ - The Official /tv/ Found Footage Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: 1505092747668.jpg (437KB, 969x969px) Image search: [Google]
1505092747668.jpg
437KB, 969x969px
>2017
>not having a weakness for found footage

Resources:
IMDB of FF - http://foundfootagecritic.com/
WIKI - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Found_footage_(film_technique)

What found footage film are you looking forward to, /tv/?

What is your favorite found footage film?

What found footage film that you like is mentioned the least?

Have a rare found footage film that you want uploaded ITT? Ask and you might get it. I have access to a lot of them.
>>
Can >pic be considered a form of found footage?

I found it in some textless comment, in an unrelated thread, and it's as creepy as any other found footage.

The only thing it had was the name "redditlove."

I retitled it to something fitting.
>>
>>87591335
no
>>
I liked As Above So Below. Most movies of this style are mostly about teens having the shit scared out of them.
>>
>>87591554
You can easily make one without teens. Hell, I would make one with old people and it would be just as scary and probably better because you wouldn't have to listen to teens talking.
>>
Aren't most of these movies rubbish
>>
>>87592256
yes but the good ones are worth it
>>
>>87592256
you're rubbish
>>
holy shot anon, if you could up the garlock incident that would be just swell. I've heard good things about it for years but couldn't find it to save my life.

Also some of the lesser known favorites that really did it for me are Leaving D.C. and Bad Ben
>>
>>87593466
>if you could up the garlock incident that would be just swell

Waiting for that as well and their Facebook says this.

>HUGE NEWS! Mark your calendars! The Garlock Incident will FINALLY come out September 15th, 2017 on Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play! Thank you to all our fans who have been very patient waiting for this to happen. It has been a long road, and we couldn't be more excited to share it with you. More details to come, so be sure to watch The Garlock Incident Facebook Page in the coming days leading up to the release!

SpamblockedFacebook/thegarlockincident/

I've been looking for this movie for years. Literally years.

Leaving DC was great except for the ending. Bad Ben was not good. Too cheap and the actor was annoying. The sequel to Bed Ben was even worse.
>>
File: IMG_8935.jpg (24KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8935.jpg
24KB, 188x268px
Just when I thought Shiraishi the director of Noroi was done I found a 2014 movie of his and restored my confidence for him

And it's even a Korean coproduction. What a pleasant surprise.

Record of a sweet murder.
>>
>>87592256
they're life simulators
>>
portugal ghost car crash was my first found footage

the extended version with them driving around for 15 mins in real time made it more spooky
>>
>>87593757
If you like Noroi try Okaruto by the same director.
>>
>>87591276
It actually surprises me how little found footage films I've heard about being released this year — maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention. It's a shame we haven't seen found footage being experimented in other genres aside from horror. I think a found footage, large-scale EPIC sci-fi or action film would be sick. Something akin to Chronicle with a larger budget and a motivated director. I think all the motion sickness complaints might have put a damper on the lack of this genre in the mainstream. I've personally never had that problem.

I'm still optimistic that this genre has enormous potential in major motion pictures. I think stuff like Cloverfield and Paranormal Activity really helped put it on the map again in America.

I can't answer the first question because I wasn't even sure where to look, but obviously there does seem to be a lot on the horizon and this makes me really happy. I'll have to check out that website, but at first glance 'We Put the World to Sleep' sounds pretty good.

>What is your favorite found footage film?
I've only really seen horror FF. To this day when I think of found footage in terms of realism to the point where you think you've actually stumbled onto a snuff film, I say 'Man Bites Dog' takes the cake; great acting from the lead, intriguing story that draws you in and sort of mystifies you despite the violence. 'REC' and 'Creep' are must-see. 'Chronicle' and 'Cloverfield' are good starter movies.

>What found footage film that you like is mentioned the least?
I haven't seen 'Noroi', 'Home Movie', or 'Zero Day' mentioned a lot, and all of those are fucking fantastic.

>Have a rare found footage film that you want uploaded ITT?
I really want to find 'Unknown Project' from 2013. I can't seem to find that shit anywhere but the synopsis intrigues me.

Nice to see some appreciation for this genre OP.
>>
>>87594597
Unknown Project is one of those little films that gets promoted but doesn't see a release for years. Best thing you can do is find the films social media page and follow it.

Most found footage is indie and I estimate around 50 new found footage films get released every year. A good way to find new ones is to visit sites that cater to found footage.
>>
>>87592345
Name 5 good found footage films.
>>
>>87595169
Original Blair Witch
The Tunnel
The Borderlands
Creep
Paranormal Activity 3

I could name way more than that.
>>
File: 5e7ji.jpg (106KB, 512x528px) Image search: [Google]
5e7ji.jpg
106KB, 512x528px
>>87595475
P-please. Please, do so.
>>
>>87595506
Nah I don't feel like writing more titles. I've seen so many and the ones I liked are more than I'm willing to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>87593714

>HUGE NEWS! Mark your calendars! The Garlock Incident will FINALLY come out September 15th, 2017 on Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play!

FUCKING FINALLY! Thanks anon!

>>87595506
>>87595169
Grave Encounters 1 & 2 - both must see
Evidence 2012 - was excellent considering its another "gone camping" scenario"
The Last Broadcast - is one of the first decent found footage movies.
Evil Things - was good
The Tunnel - Good Australian effort, decent budget and quality
Hollow 2011 - set a fantastic atmosphere but was low on actually scary parts, must watch though in my opinion
The Poughkeepsie Tapes - overpraised mockumentary, if you ever want to illustrate the difference between scary and disturbing this is the perfect example for the former.

There was another one which was kinda underrated with like 6-7 people, men and women who go go on a roadtrip through small town america with a camper van. There's like this underground thing where people meet during holloween or some shit and they go from party to party, and some annonymous source gives them info on where to go. I can't remember how its called.
>>
>>87596207
>The Poughkeepsie Tapes - overpraised mockumentary

I think that was because it was kinda hard to find until it showed up on DirecTV and its now getting a Bluray release. Seemed like one of those "viral films that may or may not exist".
>>
>>87596207
>There was another one which was kinda underrated with like 6-7 people, men and women who go go on a roadtrip through small town america with a camper van. There's like this underground thing where people meet during holloween or some shit and they go from party to party, and some annonymous source gives them info on where to go. I can't remember how its called

The Houses October Built. Getting a sequel this year.
>>
is this found footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z417pTeaCws
>>
>>87591276
link 2 the old thread pl0x
>>
>>87595169
A good few of the stories in the VHS series.
Sanctuary was the best one hands down.
>>
>>87596514
Amateur Night is the best VHS short.
>>
>>87596207
I forgot to add:
Dead Room - New Zealand, great atmosphere, kinda dragged it out but strong ending
Black Mountain Side - Low on the scares but great atmosphere
Ghoul - decent effort but the low budget is really visible
Digging up the marrow - really fun watch
Skinwalker Ranch - another decent low budget effort

Btw op, seeing as you clearly know your shit, as someone who hasn't looked into any ff movie for a while, what late 2016 and 2017 releases would you recommend?
>>
>>87596639
The Triangle
Wekufe: The Origin of Evil
They’re Watching
Altar
A Guidebook To Killing Your Ex
Capture Kill Release
>>
how was Phoenix Forgotten?????? anyone see it???
>>
>>87596904
It was average. Interesting until they went into the footage at the end.
>>
File: file.png (99KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
99KB, 300x243px
>>87595475
>>87596207
>>87596639
Nice
>>87596842
>The Triangle
That's not found footage
>>87596514
That's not 5
>>
>>87597285
>>The Triangle
>That's not found footage

yes it is
>>
>>87596842
nigga these were all fucking garbage except the triangle
>>
>>87596207
>The Garlock Incident will FINALLY come out September 15th
FUCK YES! My nigger i've been looking for this for years!
>>
>>87597349
Damn. I can't believe I found 2 other people on /tv/ who actually know about and have been looking for this movie. I underestimated how much /tv/ likes found footage.
>>
>>87597410
yea there's a few of us here.
I sometimes spam a found footage thread, to raise awareness to the patrician genre.
>>
>>87593757
Did that movie finally get English subtitles?
>>
>>87595475
>original Blair Witch

Nice bait, son.
>>
>>87597454
I'm going to try and get a weekly Found Footage General thread starting with this one. Hopefully we can get a small community going on /tv/ so we can discuss and even collect found footage movies together.
>>
File: gfdsafsdf.gif (70KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
gfdsafsdf.gif
70KB, 480x270px
>>87597454
Do it!!!!
>>
>>87597692
meant for>>87597569
>>
>>87597692
Oh I will keep this thread going to 300. At least once a week we will have a complete 300 reply Found Footage General. Should be fun.
>>
File: mpv-shot0018.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0018.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>87597770
nice
>>
>>87597806
what movie is this from?
>>
>>87598049
banshee chapter, definitely a good one
>>
>>87597806
movie?
>>
>>87598130
see >>87598107
>>
Resolution revolves around found footages
>>
>>87598298
but it's not found footage.
>>
Found footage is so fucking contrived. It might as well be a 2 camera laugh track comedy. I'd rather lay in fiberglass insulation for 2 hours.
>>
Skinwalker Ranch was fucking great.
>>
Footage?
>>
>>87598321
well they found some footages in that movie so...
>>
>>87592256
Yes and they still manage to have better atmosphere than most well made movies.
>>
This is a recent favorite of mine.

>>87595475
Creep wasn't very good to be honest.
>>
>>87598973
Creep is better than the movie you just called one of your favorites.
>>
>>87595169
Alien abduction incident in lake county
Original Blair witch
Grave encounters
Rec
The dark tapes
>>
>>87596207
>Not including alien abduction incident in lake county.
Do you even watch films?
>>
>>87595169
Afflicted
>>
>>87599602
t. creep director
>>
>>87598298
Excellent movie, not found footage but I think it has a reasonable claim to be associated with the genre.
>>87598973
Excellent choice, high intensity throughout the movie, definitely top tier.

>>87596639
I was looking over my imdb ratings list and I found some more interesting movies that need to be mentioned:

Marebito - Like all asian horror movies, it tends to be a bit too long but it definitely delivers in terms of atmosphere.
Chasing the Devil - was definitely better than expected, it looks kinda off at the start but it gets better as the story progresses
The Wicksboro Incident - Personal favorite, not a great one in terms of scares, halfway decent, but it goes to show that even with a shit budget you can keep a tense atmosphere going for an entire movie
Hallows Grove - It's on par with Grave Encounters as far as I'm concerned, definitely worth a watch.
Apocalyptic (2014) - Top tier, good camera work, liked the story
>>
>>87600531
t. alex jones lover
>>
I watcehd Dairy of the dead the other day.

Not as horrible as people made it out to be. Still better than that horrible dawn of the dead remake with super sonic zombies.
>>
>>87600554
who?
>>
>>87600564
>that horrible dawn of the dead remake with super sonic zombies.

that was good. decaying zombies are stupid.
>>
>>87591335
no
>>
>>87591276
I remember years ago I saw some found footage film about a family celebrating thanksgiving and then aliens end up coming along. I don't remember if it was actually good or not,but it always sticks out in my memory, anyone know what it was? There was a girl who was foaming at the mouth at one point, if that helps.
>>
>>87603226
That is either Incident At Lake County which is a remake of UFO Abduction aka The McPherson Tape.
>>
>>87603299
Yes, you're right, thanks.
>>
>>87600546
>Marebito
>Hallows Grove
you my man have great taste.
>>
File: The_Dirties_poster.jpg (30KB, 262x379px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dirties_poster.jpg
30KB, 262x379px
This one is good
>>
>>87603473
actually that really was a good movie
>>
>>87591276
i recommend noroi, shit's good.
you can find it in youtube still, i think.
>>
>>87605158
>youtube

no
>>
>>87600564
Its shit
>>
>>87603473
fucking hated every second of it.
>>
Not exactly found footage but anyone remember this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_Warning_(1994_film)

Also, any other ff with ailens and cryptips?
Already watch mc pherson abduction, the other alien abduction, area 51, evidence, that one about a plane that crashes on a dinosaur island. and JeruZalem is demons but whatever.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.