[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /tv/ think of Black Mirror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: black-mirror.jpg (154KB, 1200x520px) Image search: [Google]
black-mirror.jpg
154KB, 1200x520px
what does /tv/ think of Black Mirror
>>
>>87588337
Some episodes are good, some are bad, most are okay.

Shut up and dance is still my favorite, apart from the le trollface at the end
>>
>>87588412
yea the troll face kinda ruined the ending for me
>>
>>87588337
Only the first season is good. Everything after that is agenda driven.
>>
>>87588559
oh for fuck sakes man
>>
>>87588687
Its true though. I dont want it to be but it is.
>>
It all started with pig fucking and it's all downhill from there
>>
>>87588852
Still debatable whether 15 million merits was better.
>>
great production values but wasted potential, pointless flavor of the month politics shatter the honesty needed for truly good science fiction
>>
>>87588687
hated in the nation is obviously agenda driven with muh strong independent wimmin boss ordering men around.
>>
>>87588726
what was agenda driven about the haunted house episode?
>inb4 muh beware virtual reality
>>
>>87588337
Great. There's basically no political agenda type episodes but there are bad episodes. Some of the best stuff came in the last season.
>>
>>87588852
>>87588885
Pedo kid and twitter were the best, pigfucking was below average.
>>
DUDE TECHNOLOGY LMAO
>>
File: shyamalan%20main[1].jpg (65KB, 556x316px) Image search: [Google]
shyamalan%20main[1].jpg
65KB, 556x316px
>>87589563
This.
The stories don't explore the implications of new technology.
The tech does things because it will provide a tweest.
Things make no sense or contradict themselves when it's convenient in service to the tweest.
It's sci-fi flavored bullshit.
>>
>>87588337
>Reddit Mirror
>>
>>87589790
Well shut up and dance wasn't even scifi. The stories have occasionally explored the implications of new tech and predicted them even.
>>
>>87588337
the first episode was 11/10
everything that came after was no greater than a 6/10
>>
>"do you want me to bounce this fucking bottle off your head?"

I can relate to this episode so much just in terms of how paranoid I'd be if I had an implant.
>>
File: abikhan.jpg (55KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
abikhan.jpg
55KB, 700x394px
It's a show about current events but with "future technology" as a framing device in order to take the sting out of it.

Black Mirror is pretty good, and what it does well is capture the underlying authenticity of things without the need to go into detail, but what it misses in doing this is any sort of hope spot based in reality. It's more Outer Limits than Twilight Zone in its twists and turns because it presents us with the bleakest possible view of our society's flaws with the nuance washed out. The same reason that it's easily absorbed is the same reason why it's monotone, which is captured by in "Black Mirror".

I like it, but I don't take it to be some crowning masterpiece of contemporary achievement.
>>
All the good episodes are the ones where characters have technology available to them, and their faults leads them to fucking themselves over. The episodes where outside technological forces are acting on them are generally pretty poor
>>
First two seasons are great and the third struggled a bit. There are some very good sodes in the third (Shut Up and Dance, San Junipero) but t also has the worst episodes (Hated in the Nation and Men Against Fire)
>>
white bear, playtest, white christmas, the entire history of you GOAT
>>
Be right back, nosedive, entire history of you, white christmas and san junipero, those are the good episodes. the rest are watchable, but not really worth discussing
>>
>>87588337
I tried to watch it, but the first episode made it really hard.

>the british equivalent of the secret service get's taken out by an artist
>who's also an amazing hacker
>and sends a finger that the government is too lazy to even dna or fingerprint to make sure it's hers
>prime minister actually fucks a pig

I mean... it seemed like it was written by someone who was completely delusional and supportive of the "artist".

I just couldn't get past it and turned it off.
I know it's an anthology, but first impressions matter.
>>
>>87591839
You might be right as the pig episode made me feel uncomfortable, I watched the episodes out of order and had a more enjoyable viewing experience. Some episodes seemed weak but I didn't feel like any single episode was particularly bad quality wise. Apart from one annoying lesbian centric episode, i'm glad I watched it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.