[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Kingsman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

What does /tv/ think of Kingsman?
>>
File: IMG_0747.gif (658KB, 311x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0747.gif
658KB, 311x221px
>>87572237
Cool !!
>>
>>87572237
Didn't think I'd like it.
Saw it.
Loved it.
>>
it was decent
>>
>>87573098
What this guy said, memes and Reddit accusations aside, it was fucking great. Anyone who didn't like it can't recognise a decent parody action film, and the action was great. Can't wait for The Golden Circle.
>>
Better spy flick than any bond since Goldeneye. Good action, good comedy, pretty good story
>>
Good film. Vaughn's great with action. Golden Circle looks good.
>>
>>87573098
Same
>>
Fun movie. Wouldn't watch it a second time though and I don't plan on seeing the sequel.
>>
>>87572237
Foul Zionist-fascist garbage.
>>
>>87573234
i wouldn't call it a parody
>>
>>87573413

Spoof or parody, whatever, it's definitely a spin/piss take of spy films and especially Moore starred Bonds.
>>
>>87572237
Channel 4?
>>
>>87573658
My man!
>>
>>87572237
the word im thinking of starts with an R and gets me a warning for saying it
>>
>>87572237
Chav/10
>>
>>87574124
Read it?
>>
>>87573293
Also this.

The church scene... Shlomo went too far and showed his power level.
>>
>>87572237
Skills

Smarts

They have skipping rope...
>>
>>87573234
It was a quasi-parody.

They're obviously making some of the typical spy moving stuff into a joke, but they take their own plot serious enough for it to still be engrossing.

There's a difference between Not Another Teen Movie and The Kingsmen if you get what I'm saying. I'm thinking The Orville may be like the latter, fingers crossed.
>>
>>87572237

Really fun action movie that doesn't insult it's audience. Looking forward to the sequel.
>>
i think its on channel 4 right now bwoiii
>>
File: celebrity apprentice penn.jpg (30KB, 634x397px) Image search: [Google]
celebrity apprentice penn.jpg
30KB, 634x397px
>written by Mark Millar
>>
>>87572237
Kingsno.
>>
>>87572237
Essential subtitlecore.
>>
>>87575310
subtitlecore? What do you mean?
Althought you did remind me that I greatly enjoyed watching this in english, the dub fail to properly portray the accent and figures of speech.
>>
The concept and action is cool but it's plagued with reddit shit.
>>
>>87575551
>Althought you did remind me that I greatly enjoyed watching this in english
What fucking language do you usually watch American movies in? Swahili?
>>
>>87572237
Watching it now. Fucking awful desu.
>>
The church scene is one of the most spectacular works of anti Christian bigotry in all of modern cinema.
>>
File: kingsman (2).webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
kingsman (2).webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>87572237
was alright.
>>
>British boy is taught by stylish British man how not to be a piece of degenerate scum
>Is trained in a traditionally British institution with nothing but white people
>Saves the blonde-haired, blue-eyed Swedish princess from getting culturally enriched by a crazy nigger and his brown bitch

Only degenerates dislike the film.
>>
>>87576239
He was a little less white after he finished with the princess.
>>
>ctrl+f reddit
>only mentioned twice

It was good. Refreshing to have a movie not be so fucking up its own ass.

Looking forward to the sequel.

>>87575657
2/10 shitpost please try harder
>>
>>87576175
that scene still pisses me off. It's exactly the kind of test the Kingsmen wouldn't do. Or, I should say, Eggsy would pass and Roxy would fail.

The last thing they want in a Kingsman is someone that will blindly follow the orders of some old shmuck with perceived power. The correct response (after thoroughly examining the gun to make sure it's properly loaded and ready and not a trick itself) is to shoot the person ordering you to kill a helpless animal for no reason. Such a perfect movie except for this stupid fucking test.
>>
>>87575921
Are you implying that everyone watches movies in their original language? If on TV I will watch them in my language, otherwise in english.
>>
Millar is not a good writer, that goes for both Frank and the other one.
>>
Disliked the main character alot
It hit alot of those cheesy tropes, but not in a satirical way like I'd expect, which just made for an awkward atmosphere

I thought it generally was a bad movie which didn't know what direction it was heading. It's not satirical, not serious, not very comedic and not decently action-oriented

I liked the church scene, most of the other stuff felt like it was drained of compassion, sort of
>>
>>87574540

Not another teen movie and Epic Movie et al. are not traditional parodies really, they are just fucking garbage. If anything they are the meme Reddit shit that this is accused of, no clever nods of references just blatant shitty "oh and here's that exact character from that other film spouting a catchphrase', thank fuck they died a death.
>>
>>87575921
Kingsman is a British film.
>>
THIS
IS
SHIT
>>
>>87576500
I think its more about making a difficult decision to kill someone. They havent been given a chance to kill someone while training, but a dog is the next closest thing to a human being to them (since it was their pet).

I however agree somewhat.
>>
This Taron cannot act for shit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.