[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosmic Gods kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: moon-747x309.png (399KB, 747x309px) Image search: [Google]
moon-747x309.png
399KB, 747x309px
Except for Alien/Prometheus, is there any good lovecraftian kino out there?
Pic related is obviously vidya but it's the best that i could find.
>>
>>87568733

New It movie is somewhat Lovecraftian.
>>
Who /Doomhammer/ here
>>
>>87568754
It most certainly is not.

>>87568733
The Void is a decent choice, but there are LOADS of movies from the 70's, 80's and 90's that follow the formula to a few Lovecraft stories. Nothing as polished as Bloodborne, but search around a little. I'm hoping Nolan nuts up and does a Dunwich Horror movie, it's very up his alley I think.
>>
>>87568733
In the Mouth of Madness from Carpenter is probably the best lovecraftian movie I've seen
>>
>>87568944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YMov3fYvs
>>
>>87568733
Dark City?
>>
File: 88287-2760-zrbyr-a.jpg (27KB, 379x335px) Image search: [Google]
88287-2760-zrbyr-a.jpg
27KB, 379x335px
>>87568733
Stephen King's It novel which details that a turtle is the creator of the universe while It, the interdimensional being has existed since beginning of time

>>87568935
The novel is very Lovecraftian with It shape shifting into a giant bug with tentacles as he chases a kid and snaps his head off
>>
>>87568733
Pontypool
>>
>>87569255
I completely agree with the book but the new movie was too silly generally to hit those Cosmic Horror notes in my big fat opinion
>>
>>87569352
One reviewer said he was happy the movie didn't go all cosmic gods but I have to disagree. What is great about the book is that the kids discover that their town Derry and Earth isn't just at stake but the entire universe with this It creature and thus they are saviors of a much larger cause to stop It.

I do hope in Chapter 2 we get a lot more of It's origins, considering they killed Bev's dad and Henry most probably won't be in Chapter 2, therefore I believe they are coming up with someone completely different and unique, possibly changing a lot so it won't suffer the same fate Part 2 of the miniseries did.
>>
Hellboy, if I remember correctly, explains his origins as coming from the realm of Old Gods. But I may be getting it wrong.

I think you see some sort of Cthulu creature floating in space.
>>
File: Conway SuperGame.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Conway SuperGame.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>87568733
Did someone say cosmic horror?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyC7WBuyQYo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.