[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wind River

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Anyone seen it? I thought it was really good. Probably liked it more than Sheridan's others (Sicario and Hell or High Water).
>>
Sheridan gets better each film. Hope this one makes a play in the awards season
>>
>>87563952
Sheridan is definitely getting better with each film and the directing was really good for a first effort. I still think there were some problems with the script, particularly the dialogue. Jeremy Renner also felt a little miscast. I wish Viggo Mortensen had his role instead.
>>
Yup. my favorite movie this year. I've seen it twice. I saw it for the second time last night. The lobby was full of people waiting for IT, and when I went to sit down in the theater there was one other person there. When I got up about halfway into the movie to take a leak the theater was full. So I'm glad the movie seems to be doing well.

Taylor Sheridan knows how to create a mood, that's for sure. He's the best I've seen at it since Fincher. I think the scene where they're being led to Pete's trailer while Renner is off in the mountains searching for the mountain lions is the most tense I've ever felt during a movie scene. Before I saw Wind River it was the basement scene in Zodiac.

Then it was followed up by the most uncomfortable I've ever been during a scene: the flashback to the night the guys came back drunk. The actor who played Pete did an amazing performance of that drunk asshole who won't shutup and you just want to knock the fuck out.
>>
>>87564139
That time skip when she knocks on the door sort of makes you confused and then yeah, sets up one of the most uncomfortable scenes I've ever seen. Which itself pays off in an incredibly cathartic way.

I like the comparison to Fincher, but it really feels like modern Fincher; there's nothing about the style that threatens to overwhelm the substance
>>
>>87564124
Viggo would've been sweet. Feel like Renner is just a bit overused.
>>
Yea it is a great movie. The shaky cam is bothersome and not done that well, but Sheridan's pacing and emotional strengths pull it through. Probably his worst so far but when its being compared to a masterpiece and another great movie that's hardly an insult.
>>
>>87564508
I agree the camera work was a bit distracting, I liked the choice of shots but shakeycam usually feels cheap. Which is the masterpiece? Sicario?
>>
>>87564139
I was more invested the second time around. For example when Natalie's parents are confronted by the FBI agent for the first time it really hit me hard. On the first watch I was just trying to figure out the characters and the identity of the movie to feel anything so strongly so early in the story. And it feels like there is no style to speak of. It has a more cinema verite feel to it than a Fincher film, which isn't a knock on Fincher I just prefer that sort of filmmaking. I compared him to Fincher based on the dark subject material and the moody score. The landscape also contributed to the tone more than anything else I think.

It really felt impeccably cast too. I didn't think I would like Elizabeth Olsen, then again I hadn't seen her in anything aside from Avengers, Godzilla, and that shitty Oldboy remake. The drug addict guy who answered the door with the bruised face. I'm never been around anyone on drugs like that, but to me he absolutely nailed that attitude.

The only thing I wish there was more of was a full body ass shot of Liz Olsen. From the looks of her roundish face in this movie, I bet she has a nice plump BRAAPer
>>
>>87564757
Kek, you were doing so well until the last paragraph. It did look like a pretty butt from that one shot where the old lady was mocking her choice of underwear.
>>
I thought it was alright, the setting and sound were great. You can really hear and feel the cold air.
I thought Elizabeth Olsen's character was kind of underwritten, there wasn't a lot going on with her. And the scene where she sees the mom cutting herself was kind of unintentionally funny.
The violence was pretty brutal, which is good, and the ending scene is pretty great. That's when I realized that the movie was more Dances With Wolves than Silence of the Lambs. I enjoyed it.
I looked behind me at the only other guy in the theater, an older guy, and he was on his phone
>>
>>87564508
Sicario is neither a masterpiece nor a great movie
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.