[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will we have an adaptation of these books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: rothfuss.jpg (486KB, 1542x1180px) Image search: [Google]
rothfuss.jpg
486KB, 1542x1180px
>>
The Sword of Truth service probably should be remade. It's pretty much GoT,
>>
Book 3 never, too busy doing podcasts.
>>
Hopefully never.
>>
first book was lit, second book was gary stu
>>
>>87560571
>>87560571
It doesn't matter! Two books are so fucking C O M F Y.
>>
>>87559999
Has Kvothe even done anything of note besides kill a lizard yet? As far as I remember the second book was just him playing matchmaker and fucking that demon lady and his swordsmanship tutor.
>>
>>87560616
They would need to rewrite kvoth. I'm so respectful of denna that I'll just wait till she gets sick of fucking Chads and pretending to be a musician.
Kvoth sounds like a loser he should just start fucking the anorexic autistic chick that lives in the sewer.
>>
>>87560701
That was so dumb, he can only get laid by creatures the live off semen/men's souls or in a place where fucking is the social equivalent of shaking hands. Kvoth is embarrassing, I hate that I can only read books with maps in the front.
>>
>>87559999
After the last book is done. Maybe.
>>
>>87560881
The fat git is gonna eat himself to death before we get a third book. Apparently he almost finished it and early readers hated it, and him being a weak willed nerd rewrote the whole fucking thing like the insecure faggot he is.
>>
>>87560571
Agreed, but the signs were already there in the first book.
Honestly would of been more entertaining with just the side characters.
>>
>>87561124
I heard he gets raped by stanchion in the third book, that's how he loses his powers. He then goes on a quest to seal his anal fissures with masonry. Hence the name doors of stone
>>
Book two is genuinely terrible.
It retroactively ruined book one, and the neckbeard author will never release a sequel.
Idk maybe they can make a magic school fantasy soap opera out of this mess.
They can sell it to the Harry Potter crowd.
>>
>>87561256
Americans seem fascinated by boarding school fantasy. Sorry but once you scratch the surface it's all buggery and alienation.
>>
File: kevin mckidd.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kevin mckidd.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
They are adapting it into a tv series but I think it'll be stuck in development hell.

If they do Kevin McKidd would make a great Old Kvothe
>>
>>87561434
I'm a fan of the books but he would be wasted on this puerile trash. Get some no name random bongs the you don't have to pay shit till it's a hit.
>>
>Harry Potter in a medieval ambient

Does not matter. It will never be good.
>>
File: 847169841228430465.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
847169841228430465.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>Literally pic related: the books

No.
>>
>>87561859
Fucking Harry Potter killed it for magic school based settings for awhile. I think we are back to master and apprentice training now. Im reading the vine art war trilogy now and they don't even attempt to have a school of any kind in it.
>>
>>87561982
What character are they copying in these pictures? That's a sword for horseback isn't it? Why is he so pleased with his mall ninja shit?
>>
File: 1502013229557.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502013229557.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>87559999

When Hackfuss decides to actually finish the last book instead of doing video game twitch streams and running charities.
>>
File: JUST.png (175KB, 692x509px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
175KB, 692x509px
>>87559999
>>87560881
>>87561024

Meanwhile, on Rothfuss's twitter.....
>>
>>87562346
Is that what he's doing? How much of an advance did his publisher give him? Do they even care at this point? I gave up let someone else finish the series. Even Terry goodkind could do it, he'd make kvoth even more of a Gary Stu and fill it with right wing propaganda.
>>
File: wishmaster2-1.jpg (14KB, 593x261px) Image search: [Google]
wishmaster2-1.jpg
14KB, 593x261px
>>87559999

Is that your wish?
>>
>>87562476
Of course, let me guess he's Patton oswalt tier on social media? Got a hot take on Trump does he?
>>
>>87562573
>Is that what he's doing? How much of an advance did his publisher give him? Do they even care at this point? I gave up let someone else finish the series. Even Terry goodkind could do it, he'd make kvoth even more of a Gary Stu and fill it with right wing propaganda.

I'm pretty sure he was forced to rewrite basically the entire goddamn story by his publisher (when he already had the whole of book 1-3 figured out) so now he's either struggling to rewrite a new ending or he's given up and wont/can't admit it. Considering his insulting behavior to his own fans inquiring about when book 3 will come out, and that he seems more interested in twitch streams, charities, and virtue signalling on twitter about Drumpf on twitter, I have a feeling it's the latter.

If it does release it will probably have been so goddamn long since the last book, and he will have turned off so many of his fans with his own behavior that it likely will flop.
>>
>>87562476
That explains the content of the wise man's fear.
>>
>>87562762
>Of course, let me guess he's Patton oswalt tier on social media? Got a hot take on Trump does he?

His twitter is a goldmine of liberal virtue-signalling about muh immigrants and teh ebil Drumpf. Apparently nobody taught him that being openly political as an author is not exactly a good idea if you want to not lose customers.
>>
>>87562871
Yeah. That book was full on turbo Marxist degeneracy
>>
>>87562874
Social media adds nothing to the world. I even hate when they put authors pictures on the dust jackets of books. I fucking know the author is gonna be some uggo I don't need that confirmed.
>>
File: 1424201026154-0.jpg.png (26KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1424201026154-0.jpg.png
26KB, 255x255px
>>87559999
>when you get older, try to re-read this realize how truly awful these are
>>
Some parts can be fucking grating, I didn't like how much Rothfuss tried to get us to like the Adem. Ooh, they're the best fighters in the world, have the best morals, sex positive, AND women run the place??? You go, Tempi!!! Wow, if only I could understand how deep the Lethani is!
When in reality the Lethani is a pretty easy concept to grasp, and their backwards idea of reproduction is laughable.
Also Rothfuss puts off any criticism of Denna on sexism, because men apparently hate it when women make their own way in the world and are just slut-shamers.
Again, it's actually because Denna is boring and sucks, and her relationship with Kvothe is also boring and sucks.
And Kvothe borders between tolerable and unlikeable. Wooow, he's just the best at everything, isn't he. And he's the smartest, most powerful, wisest, and has the biggest dick ever. His only flaw is that he's "not good with women", but every woman wants his dick anyway so what's the point. Jesus
>>
It's coming

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lin-manuel-miranda-tackling-epic-fantasy-kingkiller-chronicles-951016
>>
>>87565442
This to all of your points.
Also, the god-awful bully act in the university.
His character was nothing but
>heh, i guess i am just Malfoy, but more evil and without any real motivation for it.
>i guess, i am assigned duty for the library without respecting anything about it, because i am a rich cunt. Better torture new arrivals for it
It's just so obvious that Kvothe is a stand-in for Rothfuss. Read his bio on the website. That shit is hilarious.
>>
>>87559999
I only read part of the first book, main char was too much of a mary sue for my liking. People told me it's not like that so I might come back and finish it.
>>
>>87560571
>hero gets captured by a sex demon, and despite being a virgin, is able to use his sexual prowess to thwart her

Why does everyone have a problem with this?
>>
>>87562871
Quinn was the inspiration for Felurian?
>>
>>87565780
Oh jeez, I see what you mean
That bit about spending 9 years in college is kind of telling, that seems to be why he's so fond of the University in the books. And that one old man character that spends his life there, learning as much as he can
>>
>>87566065
You'd think he would try to become a professor or even a more high-ranking student, so he'd have access to better facilities.
Also, Rothfuss never explains were he got the money from to stay jobless, his entire life.

>>87565975
The whole Denna shit makes Kvothe a cuck beyond cosmic proportions, so he had to balance that shit out. I mean, seriously. In the second book, she literally says that all women are whores, some are just classier than others.
And he falls for this crap. That's also the reason why Rothfuss let all the ladys fall for him.
>>
>>87560404
This.
If you still wanna write fantasy today, please do it in a refreshing manner.
>>
File: Bookset.jpg (152KB, 824x901px) Image search: [Google]
Bookset.jpg
152KB, 824x901px
>>87559999
>>
>>87567942
Original stuff is very hard to get published
>>
File: animebat.jpg (50KB, 416x280px) Image search: [Google]
animebat.jpg
50KB, 416x280px
>>87560047
The Sword of Truth is fucking trash you absolute pleb.
>>
>>87568040
How about you swallow my nutsack, you jizz juggling, pseudo-intellectual McDonald's employee.
>>
I was walking to class last week and some ugly dude in a car backed up onto the side walk. I waited for him to pull onto the street. and when he looked over I realized it was Patrick Rothfuss. You won't realize how ugly he is until you see him in person
>>
>>87568019
Top sales in fantasy are almost entirely composed of the most basic stuff you could imagine. Why even bother calling it fantasy, at this point ? It also doesn't help that none of these hacks pay any attention to style ; they juste pile up sentences...
But it sells well, so, yeah, I guess that doesn't help publishing original stuff.
>>
>>87568040
But it's better than the other trash.
>10
>sheltered child
>that torture scene
Most confused boner of all time, and I didn't even know why.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.