[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found Footage General - /ffg/ - The Official /tv/ Found Footage Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: 1505011893200.jpg (437KB, 969x969px) Image search: [Google]
1505011893200.jpg
437KB, 969x969px
>not having a weakness for found footage

Resources:
IMDB of FF - http://foundfootagecritic.com/
WIKI - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Found_footage_(film_technique)

What found footage film are you looking forward to, /tv/?

What is your favorite found footage film?

What found footage film that you like is mentioned the least?

Have a rare found footage film that you want uploaded ITT? Ask and you might get it. I have access to a lot of them.
>>
>unironically watching this low effort, low budget garbage

you need to go back
>>
>>87558586
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>87558596
I could make garbage like this in my house with a shoe string budget and shitcunts like you would still pay full price tickets to go watch this garbage.
>>
>>87558596
you're literally everything wrong with the movie industry. you reward the hollyjews for making low effort shit. this is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>87558626
>I could make garbage like this in my step-dad's house
ftfy
>>
>>87558658
>I'm 12 and I find shaky cam scary
ftfy
>>
>>87558626
>I could make garbage like this in my house with a shoe string budget

no you can't
>>
>>87558758
Items needed:
a boom stick
some fishing line
some lights
a shitty video recorder
a camera guy with parkinson's

Yes. I can.
>>
File: phoenix forgotten.jpg (177KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix forgotten.jpg
177KB, 630x1200px
Anyone watch this? Worth it?
>>
>>87558842
>i can collect basic equipment
>that means I could make found footage film /tv/ would want to see

yeah no. go back to looking for jobs on craigslist, shittalker.
>>
>>87558881
>"""""""""""based on""""""""""" true events

I swear to god you people have the intellectual integrity of a 12 year old. I'll never understand how you can suspend your disbelief long enough to enjoy such a contrived pile of shit.

>>87558891
All I've got to do is pull people out of beds and make cupboards open with fishing line and then shake the camera a lot and throw in a jump scare or two.
>>
>>87558563
Found footage is an unwatchable, cheap gimmick for filmmakers who don't know how to make films.
>>
File: 1524.png (46KB, 459x230px) Image search: [Google]
1524.png
46KB, 459x230px
>>87558881
No. Literally every single "BASED ON TRUE NEVER BEFORE SEEN EVENTS THAT WE JUST MADE UP" film is ever worth it.
>>
>>87559116
"""""""""""""""""""""sci-fi movie""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>87559152
I always found it hilarious how they put in the open or closing scenes, "This is a work of fiction." They literally (and rightly) think that their audience is so stupid they would actually believe that it's real footage they found.
>>
despite being objectively bad movies I enjoy most found footage because I'm a sucker for anything filmed in an atmospheric environment with the possibility of something, anything happening.

That is usually more creepy than whatever the actual reveal is
>>
>>87559196
remember how many people thought blair witch was real?
>>
It had potential as a concept, if the majority of the films were done in an abstract manner. Kinda sad the genre went the way it did
>>
Creep is on Netflix. Should I watch it?
>>
>>87558563
[Rec], Ghostwatch and Cannibal Holocaust are the only ones worth watching.
>>
>>87559753
yes
>>
grave encounters is the only good one.
>>
>>87559883
K back in a few hours
>>
What happened to Johnny?
>>
File: B2vXyldCYAIo40n.jpg (98KB, 600x855px) Image search: [Google]
B2vXyldCYAIo40n.jpg
98KB, 600x855px
I literally watch this one every year. Low budget but perfect atmosphere.
>>
I just watched "Evidence" based on people here saying it was good but now I realise there are 2 found footage movies called evidence and i probably spent an hour and a half watching the wrong fucking one because it was absolutely terrible because i don't think even your guys judgement is this bad
>>
>>87559986
>every character has to have a deep self introspection to leave
>black guy just has a kid with a French toasties and is ok to go

Racist as fuck, blacks are more than that. 10 triggered out of 10
>>
>>87559986
I liked parts of the movie, but it's pretty dumb and schlock. Descent is essentially a better movie all-around.
>>
C H R O N I C A L
>>
File: Hell-House_3.jpg (109KB, 1260x708px) Image search: [Google]
Hell-House_3.jpg
109KB, 1260x708px
I usually don't like found footage shit, but this was okay.
>>
File: large_willow_creek.jpg (45KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
large_willow_creek.jpg
45KB, 400x600px
>>87560048
>>87560059
It's cliché I'll admit my genius gf didn't like it for the same reasons but considering how low the budget was it's still impressive and comfy.
On another note Willow Creek was all about the atmosphere and believable character chemistry, with a great ending.
>>
File: 1490773946204.png (273KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1490773946204.png
273KB, 1465x1209px
>running from a fucking monster or beast
>hehehe, I'm not going to drop this camera
>>
>>87559986

I felt it would have worked better if they'd have made it more focused on archeology. There's something neat about gradually discovering fucked up historical shit in horror, builds a sense of dread and a "do we actually want to know more?" feel. I like horrors that make me go to bed thinking about them.
>>
Watched this one, can recommend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvwEyHeRSvE
>>
>>87559426

To be fair on the Blair Witch, it had a god tier marketing effort and they made a documentary around the time of its release that played it straight. I seem to remember that documentary almost being as spooky as the film as a kid (in b4 'thats not hard')
>>
>>87559983
dead
>>
>>87558563
Are there any super cozy found footage movies?
>>
>>87560006
You probably watched the right one, the movie is just complete dogshit.
>>
File: kino_horror.jpg (954KB, 2402x1778px) Image search: [Google]
kino_horror.jpg
954KB, 2402x1778px
>>
Any good mockumentary style horror? I liked Lake Mungo and The Poughkeepsie Tapes more than the standard straight found footage movies.
>>
File: 250px-Ghostwatch[1].jpg (21KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ghostwatch[1].jpg
21KB, 250x353px
>>87561522
Horror found footage?Ghostwatch is pretty cozy because it is like a time capsule of the 90s.And it is kinda found footage
>>
>>87561659
how are the movies as a whole? I've they're kind of a mixed bag
>>
i think fp movies like hardcore henry are better than ff films

the bobcat goldthwait bigfoot movie was good tho
>>
>>87559205
>I'm a sucker for anything filmed in an atmospheric environment
This is why I like FF. There's something instantly atmospheric and comfy about the format.

>>87560072
I unironically enjoyed Chronicle. I thought it was best when they were just dicking around with their superpowers, before the whole I'M AN APEX PREDATOR thing.

>>87561813
The first two are worth watching. They each have one outstanding segment, some good segments, and some simply okay segments. The third is the worst, because the bulk of it isn't very good. However, that one short by Nacho Vigalondo is easily on par with the best segments in the first two, IMO.
>>
>>87558693
>I'm 10 and i don't respect others opinions and I don't like you shouldn't like too
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.