[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Cop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12

File: space-cop3.jpg (55KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
space-cop3.jpg
55KB, 640x272px
What went wrong? Why couldn't it be saved in editing like Star Wars?
>>
Incidentally, when you GIS for "Space Cop" pic related comes up. Why didn't they make this movie instead?
>>
>>87553833
Sometimes an idea is funny but not funny enough to be stretched out into a movie. This is one of those times. The first trailer was funny and should have stayed just a trailer.
>>
>>87554902
Yeah, just keep releasing "final Space Cop trailers" and never explain that Space Cop wouldn't actualy work as a movie.
>>
What should I do with my copy of Space Cop?
>>
Unfortunately, I regret paying for the movie alone and not getting the commentary. If anyone has the commentary to share you'd be a real bro (I hear it's better than the actual movie).
>>
Get some real friends
>>
>>87553833
Everything
>>
Literally name a single instance when an eceleb made a film that was actually good
Protip: you can't
>>
>>87555902
Shit in it and send it back to Mike
>>
>>87553833
Comedy becomes harder and harder the longer the run time is, that's why it ceases to be funny
>>
>>87555996
this. they all garbage
>>
>>87553833
script
screenplay
acting
direction

what went right? marketing.
>>
I wish that they would have been able to get some attractive actors. Two hours of fat Wisconsin cheese curds was just depressing.
>>
I'm a die-hard RLM fan and I was really mad how much this piece of turd sucks. I couldn't even finish it.

These guys have such great sense of humor and ideas. I am baffled they could make such a shitty movie.
>>
File: 200.gif (2MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
2MB, 267x200px
>>87553833
>What went wrong?

Well... they made a "bad on purpose" comedy movie... remember how those are popular? Remember how everyone loves Birdemic? remember sharknado?

Red Letter Media have often stated that a movie made with heart, effort, a vision and hard work... that turns out to be a mess, can still be incredibly endearing and rewatched again and again. Whereas "bad on purpose" movies are fucking shit

Second of all, their movie is a comedy and it's bad and I'll let Jay take over here

>Jay: Nothing is worse than bad comedy.
>Jay: Bad comedy is not just bad... bad comedy is fucking miserable

>Why couldn't it be saved in editing like Star Wars?

You can't fix a bad on purpose movie, when you deliberately write bad dialog, when you deliberately make your joint lead actor talk with a bad accent, when you make sets look shit on purpose it's unfixable.

For all of their mocking of Hollywood blockbusters and not to mention small time indie film makers... to then have the hubris to put this piece of shit out is really unforgivable.
>>
>>87553833
it's a scam.
>>
>>87557178

This. It's just pathetic that they fell into the same exact trap they've mocked so many others for.
>>
>>87555997
THIS as long as it isn't an actual crime
>>
>>87557178

>not to mention small time indie film makers

You know that shitty vampire movie they just did on BOTW? It's better than Space Cop. Just putting that out there.
>>
File: Carlyle.jpg (11KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
Carlyle.jpg
11KB, 206x206px
>>87555996
does screenwriting count?
>>
>>87557273
>>87555997
>>87555902

Do NOT shit in it! The cops can match you to your turd! Just put a dog shit in it.
>>
>>87555996
Ashens and the quest for the gamechild was bearable
>>
>>87557342
I also liked it but was trying really hard to channel Edgar wright
>>
Have they ever made a movie that was not ironic but was a genuine attempt?
>>
>>87555996
Linkara The Movie.
>>
So is Jay now "officially" gay now that he has a cat?
>>
>>87553833
>Why couldn't it be saved in editing like Star Wars?
Star Wars wasn't "saved in editing." The first cut of Star Wars by John Jympson wasn't well liked (Lucas called it a "complete disaster") and so Jympson was replaced by Lucas with Paul Hirsch and Richard Chew, and also got his then-wife and Scorsese to help, and the end result was what we see today.

People act like Lucas had this mess on his hands and had to be saved by editors, but that's not the case at all. Lucas shot a bunch of material and editors took what they liked and put it together into a movie, which is what editors do.
>>
>>87553833
They never tried to make a good movie. They did it as a scam to get money from their fans. The "Jay and Mike are Frauds" in HitB is a literal "fuck off" to their fanbase. They are cynical conmen.
>>
>>87555996
Dude bro party massacre 3
>>
Spiritual and economic disaster.
>>
>>87557689

Yes.
>>
>>87557713
I brought in your mom to edit out your dad.
>>
>>87553833
worst movie i've ever seen. forced myself to finish it cause i like RLM.
>>
>>87557273
>as long as it isn't an actual crime

Pussy
>>
>>87557328
>The cops can match you to your turd!

Nigger they can only match you if they have your DNA to begin with
>>
>>87553833
RLM filmmaking in an nutshell:

1. Don't try too hard so you don't feel bad if it sucks.

2. Make sure everyone knows you didn't take it seriously so they can't really criticize you if it sucks.

I love RLM, but they don't have the balls to actually put their heart and soul into a project.
>>
>>87553833
for all the time they had to make it, it ended up feeling rushed and unfinished

also they should have gotten someone to help them with the writing, lots of missed jokes, and just shitty in general
>>
https://youtu.be/1wRaQjkmnHs
>>
File: 84651463.png (69KB, 221x325px) Image search: [Google]
84651463.png
69KB, 221x325px
>>87558625
This.
>>
>>87558625
You have to realize they made the movie for the fans of RLM, not for something to be an actual movie. It's entertainment for people who know them.

>I love RLM, but they don't have the balls to actually put their heart and soul into a project.
Have they ever claimed they could create a masterpiece or that Space Cop is a serious attempt at a comedy film?
>>
ironic shit is still shit
>>
>>87558885
no, but they do think they are "filmmakers"
>>
>>87558625
>Don't try too hard so you don't feel bad if it sucks.
They built all the sets and props themselves, in addition to doing pretty much every role involved in filmmaking. I get that you didn't like the movie, but it's dishonest to say they didn't "try too hard."
>>
>>87557689
Imagine being so fucking retarded and disconnected from reality that you think anyone that owns a pet is "gay."
>>
>>87558976
And so do indie shitters who made some lousy feelsie bullshit thing, and so is Michael Bay with his gorillion Transformer flicks. They made a movie and released it, they do know a lot about movies and editing, doesn't that qualify them as "filmmakers"?
>>
>>87559079
>t. catman
>>
>>87557178
Is this "bad on purpose" thing just a meme or are you people really this stupid? Space Cop is a comedy. It's not very good but it's far from "bad on purpose." It's just a no-budget comedy.
>>
>>87558885
>It's entertainment for people who know them.
I know them. I would consider myself somewhat of a fan, I watch almost all their shows except if beardfat is in it. I found the movie extremely boring, I turned it off about halfway in the first time I watched it. Never chuckled once, I can't even remember smiling at any of the 'jokes'. The movie was a failure any way you look at it, no matter who it's aimed at.
>>
>>87559094
You have to realize who you're talking to in these threads. You're literally having an argument with friendless virgins that mask their obvious jealousy of RLM for doing what they enjoy for a living. RLM have no delusions that they're great filmmakers. They made a goofy no budget comedy because they felt like it. I admit it didn't turn out very well, but that doesn't even matter. /tv/ would shit on it and project their insecurities all over RLM regardless of what they do.
>>
>>87559157
>implying you didn't laugh at the ice cream man eating him self out of business joke
>>
>>87559340
No I didn't. All their skits are bad and always have been. They are devoid of humour. I always chalk this up to the fact that they're american and therefor don't quite understand humour, they probably think SNL is funny too. They're funny when they're ridiculing bad movies, they should stick to that.
>>
>>87559503
You sound quite perturbed.
>>
>>87559503
>They are devoid of humour
You realize that the reason they're popular is because they make comedy videos right?

>I always chalk this up to the fact that they're american and therefor don't quite understand humour
Oh nevermind, you're just a racist idiot. Moving on.
>>
>>87559539
Americans is not a race, dumbfuck
>>
>>87559516
Hm, I think you might be projecting, I'm very calm. Like I said, I love RLM. They are just very bad at writing jokes, not to mention acting.

>>87559539
>the reason they're popular is because they make comedy videos
I don't think so. I think the reason they're popular is because they talk about bad movies being bad. The fact that they also make 'comedy' videos has little to do with their popularity.
>>
RLM was good back when the plinkett star trek and star wars reviews came out, but ever since they gained an audience with reddit they have pandered more and more to the reddit demographic. it's just not funny, end of
>>
https://youtu.be/2NXLIiFDHVQ
>>
>>87559775
Do you think Mike turns to alcohol because of his inability to come out of the closet and the emotional pain that causes him?
>>
>>87559681
I don't think you understand what pandering is. Constantly insulting your audience and making fun of them is not pandering.
>>
>>87559872
no
>>
>>87555947

keep this thread up for a few hours and i'll upload it to mega when i'm at my home PC
>>
>>87559681
>Unironic "I liked thing before it was cool" post
>>
>>87559681
Nothing you're saying makes any sense. How do they "pander" to "reddit?" You're retarded.
>>
>>87559950
I do. Whatever the exact reason is, he's clearly a gay man.
>>
>>87559872
>MUH E-CELEB FANFIC
Seriously kill yourself
>>
>>87560037
Based on what?
>>
>>87560028
They have all these complex theories into the production of films but not once do they name the Jew
>>
>>87553833
The movie didn't play to RLM's strengths at all. Compare the physical comedy in, for example, the Half in the Bag episode where they try to trick the lawyer with the skeleton to the scene in Space Cop where Rich is falling down in an alley. He didn't have anything or anyone to play off of and it wasn't as funny.

Can't fault the movie for the visuals or even the acting, a comedy that isn't funny just doesn't work.
>>
>>87559953

You're the man, thanks.
>>
>>87560082
autism
>>
File: 1475551547054.webm (495KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475551547054.webm
495KB, 1280x720px
>>87559953
>>87555947

fuck it my dude, i got out of bed for you

#!awUAjJLS
key: !4dvRxrsZZ6pyf8CyXmamAGx_rV2za2GcEa6RMLkFWRc
>>
>>87560086
You're a fucking moron
>>
https://youtu.be/ERDqOiMHjGI
>>
>>87560082
His behaviour in general. The way he laughs, his way of 'fake acting' or whatever you want to call it, the way he makes jay and rich live out his own secret gay fantasies. Seriously, it explains a lot.
>>
>>87560107
To be fair, the joke in that scene wasn't just that Rich was falling down. It was that his Iron Man-esque viewfinder was being crowded with ads and viruses which obscured his view. It was one of the funnier bits in the movie imo
>>
>>87560154

Thanks bro. Also, I appreciate you sharing Jessie & Mike's sex tape. They're into some freaking shit hey. Cheers.
>>
>>87560158
Yeah ok Schlomo, I'm just trying to have a civil discussion here
>>
>>87560066
It's not "fanfic", I have slowly but surely become convinced of Mike's homosexuality. It explains a lot of his behaviour.
>>
>>87557342
Its impression was aided by it being released for free
But yeah, it helps that unlike most YouTubers who attempt making movies he's neither socially retarded nor an edgy 20-something asshole, and also is a decent actor.
>>
>>87560227
>It explains a lot of his behaviour.
Like dating a woman for years?

Look, you're clearly just in this for the (you)s but your shit is weak, bro.
>>
File: u da man.gif (2MB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
u da man.gif
2MB, 158x158px
>>87560154
>>
File: gojira.png (49KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
gojira.png
49KB, 235x235px
its obvious RLM is in this thread.
it is also obvious they are ass-pained.
>>
>>87560277
>Like dating a woman for years?
Kek, do you really think this means anything? He wouldn't be the first closetfag who's dated a woman for years. Closetfags get married and even have children all the time. I honestly believe he is a gay man, he might not even fully realize it himself yet.
>>
>>87560308
>dat delusion
RLM will never acknowledge your existence. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>87557309
He has at least two novels that did pretty well. And a third that has a good number of pre-orders.
>>
>>87560186
>The way he laughs
confirmed for not having any gay aquaintances
>>
>>87560334
You've made several posts now but have conveniently not provided even one tiny shred of an example of why you think this.
>>
>>87560358
confirmed for not knowing any flamboyant gays.
>>
>>87555996
>he hasn't seen Das Foot
>>
>>87560186
You may legitimately be retarded.
>>
>>87560371
>His behaviour in general. The way he laughs, his way of 'fake acting' or whatever you want to call it, the way he makes jay and rich live out his own secret gay fantasies.
>>
>>87557689
You're not confirmed for gay until you own at least 2 cats.
>>
>>87560407
Hate to break it to you Anon but its sounding like whats really going on is you're gay for Mike
>>
>>87560405
Look, I have nothing against gays. I just happen to see all the signs of a closetfag in Mike. Everytime he jokes about gays it's like he's testing the water, to see how his friends would react if he finally came out.
>>
>>87560451
The only thing I notice is the "case of the not-gays" which never made any sense to me whatsoever.
>>
>>87560407
>The way he laughs
You are retarded

>his way of 'fake acting' or whatever you want to call it
That's RLM's shtick. Literally what the fuck does it have to do with anything?

>the way he makes jay and rich live out his own secret gay fantasies
Holy shit, you are stupid. Are you seriously confusing reality with comedy videos on the internet?
>>
>>87560435
I think you're projecting, it would explain your defending of Mike.
>>
>>87560154
>not just direct linking it as if there's any chance whatsoever of this getting DMCA'd
i don't get it but thanks
>>
>>87560451
Oh I get it now. You're gay and projecting onto Mike. Congrats.
>>
>>87560489
>You are retarded
Hmm, great rebuttal.

>That's RLM's shtick
There's truth behind jokes.

>Are you seriously confusing reality with comedy
Again, there is truth behind jokes. Joking about it is probably his way of letting out some closet frustration.
>>
>>87560425
half way there, now I just need my boyfriend to bring his cat over when he moves in with me
>>
>>87560519
>no you!
good one
>>
>>87560538
Please think about what you're doing with your free time and maybe consider other options
>>
>>87560538
how do you know so much about closetfags? I'm generally interseted. Sometimes when I drop acid I get paranoid that I'm gay.
>>
>>87560562
We're literally doing the same thing.
>>
>>87560558
Do you not see the irony in that is what you are literally doing with mike?
>>
>>87560577
A close friend of mine was one. He never came out to anybody but me, and ended up committing suicide 5 years ago. I would always notice little things he did, and jokes he made about gays/being gay. It is pretty much exactly like Mikes behaviour.
>>
>its another 'mike desperately denies he is gay' episode
>>
File: A T S T A T S T.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A T S T A T S T.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>87553833
>What went wrong?
No idea.
I recall only laughing at like 2 jokes, and also maybe clapping like a walrus every time I noticed something that I recognized from RLM.
>>
>>87560618
I'm not. I have an honest suspicion about him, if you think every time someone suspects someone is gay it's a form of projection, I'm not sure what to tell you. You are wrong.
>>
>>87560717
Here's a more important question: why do you care? Clearly you care enough to try and convince other people about your completely unsubstantiated thoughts on the matter. Why?
>>
>>87553833
I don't understand how they made this when they made the half-decent Feeding Frenzy...that movie was miles better than Space cop, and had Mr. plinkett in it..
>>
>>87560749
>why do you care?
>A close friend of mine was one. He never came out to anybody but me, and ended up committing suicide 5 years ago.
I don't think you quite understand the stress involved in pretending to be something you're not. I suppose nobody can unless they go through it, but at least I know what it can lead to. Let's just say his alcoholism doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>87560818
I can't even tell anymore if you're just shitposting or you legitimately have autism.

>Let's just say his alcoholism doesn't surprise me.
Oh my God you realize he's not legitimately an alcoholic right? Do you have a history of confusing reality with fantasy?
>>
Anyone who has an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek and create several nitpicking videos with that knowledge has got to be gay. Its the modern-day version of loving broadway musicals and Judy Garland movies.
>>
>>87560864
he is absolutely an alcoholic.
>>
https://youtu.be/LvzeM6JoCPg
>>
>>87560864
Again, jokes often have truth in them. You seem to be under the impression that jokes and true feelings can never mix or something. If you think about it for longer than 2 seconds you will realize you're wrong. Just keep it in mind the next time you watch RLM, look for signs. Trust me, you will start seeing them everywhere.
>>
>>87560923
>I see Mike have some drinks in a video once or twice a month and then exaggerate his drunken-ness for comedic effect so he MUST be an alcoholic.

I know this phrase pops up in every RLM thread now, but seriously go make some real friends.
>>
>>87560945
Imagine being so autistic that you project this hard onto some people that make comedy videos on the internet.
>>
Has Classic Gilchrist been up to anything lately?

Why is he called Classic Gilchrist?
>>
>>87561017
Not sure why you're getting so upset over all this. What would it matter if he was indeed gay? Are you homophobic or something?
>>
real question is are they ever going to restock their coffe mugs, drinking, and shot glasses? I want to give them my money
>>
>>87560880
/thread
>>
I suspect the usually shoddy movies these ecelebs produce is largely the result of not hiring independent proof-readers for their scripts. they're a necessary evil in many ways, but one gets the sense a group of writers who are all friends don't really challenge each-other the way a hired outsider would
>>
>>87562494
>independent proof-readers
Are you somehow under the impression that this is a commonly used thing? Nobody that makes independent films hires an outside reader lol
>>
>>87562541
and as a result you get a guaranteed shitty movie where there could have been at least some potential for a decent one
>>
>>87562652
>potential in space cop
where?
>>
>>87562652
Any independent movie that doesn't hire an "independent proof reader" is guaranteed to be shitty? You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>87562707
referring to independent movies in general
>>
>>87557178
Agreed. Sadly their best movie to date is gorilla interrupted. It feels the most genuine. Everything after that has too much winking at the camera
>>
>>87562878
Gorilla Interrupted has the same self aware humor that everything after it has had.
>>
>>87559539
>You realize that the reason they're popular is because they make comedy videos right?
Not ONE(1) sketch on Half in the Bag has ever been funny.
>>
>>87563022
The one with Tim Heidecker
>>
>>87555996
Feeding Frenzy, the ending was a little bad but that was the point
>>
>>87563022
I've watched all the 140+ HitB videos and I remember laughing at least 3 times.
>>
>>87563022

That one where Plinkett gutted Jack with a knife. That's it though.
>>
>>87553833
Clearly what went wrong was that they didn't make a movie you like, which is bullshit because that's literally what they make movies for!
>>
>>87554873
Because they don't know any attractive women and Mike can only afford actresses for short scenes. The rest he spends on prostitutes.
>>
>Guys, it's stupid to make a movie that's intentionally bad. That's not funny. The funny part is when a movie was made to be good but it's actually horrible. It's not funny at all if a movie is supposed to be bad, it's just lame.
>*makes intentionally bad movie*
>>
>>87553833
Isn't it sad when you suck so bad at what you love, that you have to review other people's work in order to make a living out of what you are incapable of doing?

I pity them desu.
>>
>>87559128

>meme

So you think, what you saw was there deliberate attempt to make a quality comedy?

Jesus Christ...
>>
>>87563706
Only thing sadder is doing literally nothing and criticizing people anonymously on /tv/ to try and make yourself feel better about your worthless life.
>>
>>87563743
Yes, I do. They don't have the boom dropping into shot. They don't have actors "accidentally" screwing up their lines. It's a comedy done in the same style of humor that RLM is known for and clearly enjoys. I think the problem is that type of humor doesn't translate to the conventional structure of a feature film. But at no point did I get the impression they made it "bad on purpose." I'm pretty sure Jay even directly addressed this at one point.
>>
>>87562652
>t. Proof reader
>>
>>87563744
Hi Jake, how's always being the bottom bitch?
>>
>>87553833
It was Channel Awesome tier bad.
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
>>
>>87558885
>i-it was for the fans
oh boy here we go
>>
File: 1504669596266.png (274KB, 501x605px) Image search: [Google]
1504669596266.png
274KB, 501x605px
>>87553833
they can't even film a fucking film review and you expect to make a whole feature film?
>>
>>87564884
They have produced literally hundreds of videos. The footage got screwed up somehow one time and now you're acting like they're constant fuck ups?
>>
>>87564884
>they can't even film a fucking film review
But they can. I've seen a bunch of them.
>>
The only positive thing about Space Cop was that Jay got a nice leather jacket on company dime.
>>
>>87553833
nothing, it's awesome.
>>
>>87557884
This was a legit masterpiece.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.