[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so Curry or Skarsgard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

so Curry or Skarsgard
>>
I like the acting for both, but new Penny better fits the story.
>>
>>87552095

Skarsgard
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13899934
>>
Theyre both dumb and goofy, at least curry's performance was self aware. Of course tv contrarians absolutely adore the stranger things knock off.
>>
Skarsgard if you're not a contrarian nostalgiatard.
>>
>>87552095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
the book
>>
>>87552204
>stranger things a knockoff of IT
>IT movie being called a knock off of ST
what
>>
File: tim.jpg (145KB, 634x924px) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
145KB, 634x924px
Skarsgard
>>
>>87552223

the book is shit and you know it
>>
>>87552223
have a view and a (You)
>>
Tim was a better deranged clown killer
Skars was a better incomprehensible eldritch horror pretending to be a clown
It is the later.
>>
>>87552258
thanks senpai
>>87552237
the book is unfiltered and uncut.
why would I want the for tv movie or something from the director of Mama
>>
SKARSGARD

sorry nostalgia cucks
>>
>>87552223
I don't care how new it is, this is one of the most contagious laughs I've ever heard. The part that makes it is the "oh no no no, uwawaawaa"
>>
>>87552234
The modern it is absoutley a stranger things knock off. Watch both of them and report back
>>
>>87552325
do you really not understand that the new movie is based on a 1986 book?
>>
>>87552236
Delete this
>>
If there's one thing I hate about the new version, it's that it shows no restraint in showing how supernatural It is in pennywise form. Like, it's so obvious that he's a literal monster from the very beginning. How do I put this? The projection of material childhood fears onto a supernatural being is lost here because the obnoxiousness of the supernatural completely drowns out the intimacy of an earthly marauding phobia. Why should I care that he's taking a clown form? He's so obviously a cosmic monster that he may as well be assuming his SPOOKY spider form.

Contrast to the miniseries. We all know that It is a cosmic monster, but Tim Curry's pennywise pretends to be a human more convincingly. He's rarely exhibiting his supernature beyond showing his spoopy teeth. He's just showing up and taunting the Losers, which you could argue makes him seem less directly threatening, but I feel like the point is that he's never meant to be that way. It's entrenching him as something more tangibly menacing to the Losers because he's assuming plausible, recognisable form whilst being a murderous being. It's that earthliness and faux humanity about him that makes his menace feel more in line with the themes of the story.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.