[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this series hold up today, as in, if I had no attachment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Does this series hold up today, as in, if I had no attachment to it in the least, and watched it because one of your recommended it, and didn't have shit taste, would I have a higher, or lower opinion of your taste?
>>
>>87550149
Probably lower, though I only watched the first two episodes.
>>
Take off your fedora next time you post.
>>
>>87550223
Hm, I don't think I gave that impression, but thanks for the advice.
>>
>>87550149
the first couple of seasons hold up. stop watching when the first movie comes out which i think is the fourth or fifth season.
>>
>>87550295
You can just ask your question without the part of "would I have a low opinion of your taste for recommending this massively popular classic series everyone loves"
>>
>>87550149
it is so kino im going to rewatch it now. the mythology episodes are okay at first and kinda get boring later on for me. personally the monster of the week episodes were perfect
>>
>>87550521
the first season doesn't really hold up. it's very dated. season 2 and beyond are fine though
>>
>>87550149
watch "Home" so spoopy they only aired it once on television
>>
I like to pretend the show is set in the USSR and ends with S7.
>>
>>87550149
It's pretty good sometimes. And pretty bad other times. It's a procedural sometimes. A serial, others. Sometimes its silly and sometimes its scary.
>>
>>87550685
the early seasons are fun because they filmed it in my city so i can point familiar settings out. im looking at the season 1 episodes right now and the Tooms episodes were pretty spooky.
>>
>>87550550
I want recommendations to be tempered. I love the Simpsons, South Park, and TNG, but I wouldn't recommend them without considerable qualifications, because if people started watching them because they were recommended by me, they would rightly question my taste.
>>
>>87550550
This. Top 7 monster of the week in no particular order:

Bad Blood
Goldberg Variations
Home
Bruckman's Final Repose
Arcadia
Squeeze
Humbug

Jose Chungs gets an honorable mention but doesn't work as well as a stand-alone because it's littered with in-jokes
>>
>>87550149
It holds up extremely well. Just avoid the later seasons.
>>
It's the best tv show ever made.
>>
File: 1484067044112.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484067044112.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>87550149
One of my all time favorite shows, I'm even autistic enough to have the "I want to believe" poster on my wall.
I'd recommend watching the first two seasons before you decide and if you don't like it by then you might as well drop it.

>>87553754
Personally I would add X-Cops because it has so many elements of the show that i love in it but a lot of people hate it for some reason.
>>
>>87554409
I like X-Cops too, I would've put it on my list if I hadn't already changed my top 5 list to a top 7. Damn there are a lot of good MOTW episodes.
>>
>>87553754
Die Hand Die Verletzt belongs there
>>
The stand-alone episodes of the mystery of the week stand up. But all that conspiracy bullsit is really dated nowadays.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>87550149
Yes

It's a masterpiece and my fave tv series ever, also the comfiest

Arcadia is the best episode
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPzKhXgkjRk
>>
>>87557580
Its more relevant than ever faggot.
>>
It's good but season 10 was meh.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.