[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a fucking mess.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: qt1xewqaomn9qu2wg3yw.jpg (128KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qt1xewqaomn9qu2wg3yw.jpg
128KB, 691x1024px
>>
>>87543207
there were so many cool individual elements of this movie and fucking none of them came together in a meaningful way.

It wouldn't be so aggravating if the potential wasn't there
>>
>>87543207
Sums up how I felt.
>>
>>87543207
I liked it
>>
>>87543389
I didn't hate it, it was just.. too much. They should've put "seizure warning" on the poster too.
>>
Residue did the Lovecraft thing much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIknPg9ecs
>>
>le son of cthulu looks like that other monster you saw

Missed opportunity
>>
I think the main problem with The Void is that it is far too erratic in how it chooses to focus on its content. The idea of them passing over too a realm beyond standard geometry was cool, but the sudden entrance of the Cthulhu elements felt off. It needed to linger on the cult aspect a bit more, less on the family drama, and be more of a detective story, since that is typically how Lovecraft's narrators uncover the cosmic horror.
>>
Tedious movie
>>
turned it off when the old guy with the rifle and mute guy walked into the hospital. WTF weren't there a bunch of KKK's out there and now they just walk in that easily?
>>
Dude they had a gun and probably shot ALL THE KKKs think moron don't you ever have a gun before?
>>
>>87544504
Agreed. Too many elements made it a mess.
>>
Hope it gets remade soon
>>
The visuals were awesome at times, but the narrative content felt like a 20-something's stoned attempt at Lovecraft and the acting was horrible. It felt like a student film with a bigger budget than it should have had. I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get past all of the horrible character decisions and lack of narrative cohesion.
>>
>>87544739
They "fought their way in"
>>
>>87543821
stop advertising your awful low-budget movie here
>>
>>87543207
Any other films like this besides >>87543821 that don't just throw you into the thick of it? Since that seems to be the main objection.
>>
>>87546980
AM1200, an anon recommended it to me yesterday in a lovecraft thread and I enjoyed it. It's only 35 min long
>>
>>87543389

I was enjoying it up until the doctor turned into an MCU villain.
>>
>>87543352
This a hundred times. The cult stuff, the practical effects, the setting, the tone. They had a lot of great tools. But they didn't have the script, the acting, the cinematography.
>>
>>87544504
>less on the family drama
b-but how can I relate?
>>
This was doomed from the start. It may as well have been a visual effects demo tape. A testament to the importance of having a decent fucking script. Just another shitty horror movie that thought it could get away with having little to nothing going on in its narrative as long as it had a decent tone.
>>
>>87547223
I've been recommending this at every opportunity. It's a surprisingly great 40 minutes. The flashlight scene was a level of creepiness we don't normally get in horror movies these days.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>87546980

Try The Resurrected (1991) it's an adaptation of Lovecraft's Case of Charles Dexter Ward.

It's kinda slow but the atmosphere and dread builds up.

Pic related
>>
>>87543207
tfw I'm the only one who loved this movie
>>
I just chalked it up to a budget thing, for what he had to work with it loked to me like he wanted to make sure he got some cool scenes set up and then had to pad the rest for time/filler. It wasn't horrible but yeah should have been funded more $$'s to polish it up. hopefully he'll be able to make it up on the next go around.
>>
>>87548649

Just please don't watch the trailer or anything. It spoils the whole movie.
>>
>>87548649
>>87548739
Not op but I've been looking for another good lovecraft movie and knowing what your pic is I'm really interested, torrenting now.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.