[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw "It"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: it-1494268793086_400w.png (108KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
it-1494268793086_400w.png
108KB, 400x225px
I personally thought it was okay. I ended up walking out during the last half hour. Not because of the movie, but because of the people in the theater

This movie is good. Probably one of the best horror movies in the last 7 years. But it doesn't quite make kino. Every scary scene is predictable, they typical music lead up of duh duh duh duh.......JUMP SCARE! Except there were a few times that weren't jump scares that were in the trailer

Acting and directing were good. Every child in this movie was good. I usually think most child actors suck. However they did great. I personally felt this movie was well directed, however it wasn't scary. Any other movie it would of been top notch, however when A horror movie delivers no scares it's despite being well directed....well its just not capable of being great, good, but not great. I.E It Follows.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about your opinions, what were the people in the theater doing to piss you off?
>>
What color were they?
>>
>>87540431
They kept breaking their crab legs during the quiet scenes.
>>
>>87540391
What were the people in the theater doing?

Also I thought the horror sequences were well paced and executed well to create tension. The Ben in the Library scene, Stan Flute woman, and opening sequence were well done. They establish the mood for the scare, build tension with small bread crumbs leading to it, and delivers what was promised. I guess you could say they were telegraphed in the essence that you could tell what was coming, but in terms of mounting the tension I thought they were effective.
>>
>>87540431

Over reacting to every single mother fucking scene. I recently moved to the Minneapolis. From the country. Though I have had annoying people before I never had it this bad.

Something funny is said

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Something slightly scary happens

>person behind me literally gasps and throws their popcorn

>>87540434

White hipsters. This was in st anthony theater in Niccollet island. No nogs allowed
>>
>>87540617

True they were much subtler about it than most recent horror movies. However you did have to admit you saw everything from a mile away. There were a few scenes that legit scared me to be honest like when he crawled out of the projector or when the face sucker painting sucked off the Jewish kid Other than that it was fine. Kino? no. However it was good. I do recommend seeing it
>>
>>87540519
That sounds patrician
>>
File: hgHo1NB.gif (546KB, 436x327px) Image search: [Google]
hgHo1NB.gif
546KB, 436x327px
>>87540431
>>87540431
>>87540617
>>87540519
>>
>>87540791
Dude the projector scene wrecked my face. Easily the "scariest" part.
Just curious have you read the book? Cause honestly IT's one of my fav King book, and as an adaption it captured the atmosphere/feel of the book immaculately. This is probably one of the reasons why I found it to be as Kino as I did. This coupled with the strong coming of age themes between the characters really helps set it a part from most run of the mill horror scholck out these days. Actually caring about the potential victims is important, and it's nice to see a movie understand this.
>>
>>87540927

I have actually and I personally liked it better than the made for tv movie. This version really did get the tone right. I thought it was weird at first they made it in the late 80's. However i thought they did a good job. It did have a strong child togetherness like stand by me. But with a demonic clown
>>
>>87540927
for me it was the scene where he's dancing angrily. super unsettling
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>87540391
>spoilering the entire thread
>>
>>87542486

Yeah or I can just say the entire movie was a b rated shit fest in a neatly wrapped package?
>>
the abos in my theatre were reallly fucking bad
>>
Did they put the JAWS scene in or wouldn't kids get that reference?
>>
>>87540688
Reminds me of when I went to see The Revenant. It was towards the end of the film's run, so I was hoping there wouldn't be too many normies.

Anway,when DiCaprio's character cauterizes his own wound, some lady screamed and tossed half a bag of popcorn on my head.

I let out a "What the hell?" and a "Really?" and she stayed pretty quiet for the rest of the movie.
>>
File: 1412091056699.jpg (7KB, 251x190px) Image search: [Google]
1412091056699.jpg
7KB, 251x190px
>>87540688
>people laugh at comedy
>people are scared during horror

You realize you sound like a fucking faggot, right?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.