[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Anime/Manga the deeper than Film and TV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: e36.jpg (54KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
e36.jpg
54KB, 600x464px
Anime/Manga databese feature "psychological" as a tag or category. Movie and TV databases don't.

Why is that?
>>
Because you must suffer from Peter Pan's syndrome if you still watch cartoons past the age of 12.
>>
You can do a lot more with anime. Plus they're typically not beholden to Jews in corporate boardroom who want a product. You only answer to fans who want kino, mostly.
>>
>>87540337
I don't read manga, but the few anime I've seen and liked still had this problem where 95% of it was really good and then like the last 30 minutes is this rushed, loredump bullshit that seriously diminishes the value of what came before. Must be a cultural thing.
>>
File: anime a46.jpg (369KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
anime a46.jpg
369KB, 1000x1000px
Anime/Manga databese feature "harem" as a tag or category. Movie and TV databases don't.

Why is that?
>>
>>87540337
anime is dominated by men who like/appreciate kino unlike dumb roasties
>>
File: 1485502911760.jpg (453KB, 1114x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1485502911760.jpg
453KB, 1114x1440px
>>87540367
This
You probably play videogames too which poisons your brain
>>
>>87540337
It is a different medium with a different history and precedent which current iterations reference and take queues from.
>>
>>87540426
You cannot actually believe in what you're saying.
Anime and Manga are just as terrible, albeit in a different way, as superheroes.
It's all irrredimable garbage writing that gets better the higher your ability to turn your brain off is.
>>
i remember when anime were some cool, ultraviolent or super funny cartoons you watched once in a while, and not a lifestyle.
>>
>>87540337
Is anime deeper than kino because of the tag? You're kidding.
Nevertheless, Anime is way more deep than the mainstream movies, for sure.
>>
>>87540337
Anime is fucking terrible. I have never seen a single "good" anime. Grave of the fireflies was crap, I felt nothing. The best anime has to offer would be something like Akira, a barely passable flick that hardly reaches the level of a glorified music video like Drive.
These anime seem targeted for autistic man children. They are harry potter tier. If you seriously think anime is good you should consider suicide.
>>
File: 1476643236755.png (81KB, 1351x446px) Image search: [Google]
1476643236755.png
81KB, 1351x446px
>>87541977
Blame /v/edditors
>>
>>87540337
Dude shinji is a little bitch faggot
>>
>>87540337
>Is Anime/Manga the deeper than Film and TV?
Of course not, are you a literal retard? Weebshit is lucky if it's deeper then fucking video game. Truly a worthless and artistically bankrupt medium.
>>
Monster (anime) was deeper and more emotional than any live action TV show I have ever seen.
>>
>>87542186
Tackling a serious subject terribly and immaturely is arguably worse than not doing it at all. And that's what anime does ALL THE TIME.
>>
>>87542244
/thread
>>87542186
/your life
>>
>>87542324
t. has only seen the walking dead
>>
File: evangelion.jpg (319KB, 1111x1750px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion.jpg
319KB, 1111x1750px
>>87540337

>"deep"
>>
>>87540533
Why is this?
>>
>entry level drone didn't ask /a/, /m/ or even /jp/ because most of them actually agree with people like >>87542244
Pleb OP still playing cathcup
>>
>>87542470
Unlike regular TV shows, that first get produced and then aired, anime is made "on the fly". Episodes are aired pretty much right after they are finished.

This often creates schedule problems that impact the very last episodes, which have to be rushed out, even if they aren't properly finished.
>>
Death Note was pretty good.
It's popular and didn't have a wow deep tumblr le low testosterone aesthetic visuals or soundtrack so you're not allowed to list it in your 9x9s if you want to come off as a true patrician
>>
>>87541896
Bullshit. There are so many stories that you just can't tell or do in comics or movies, so many themes you can't explore or do. If you only ever scratched the surface and watched toonami and naruto then fine, that's your fault for watching the capeshit of anime. If you play it like that then we get to judge western kino by the latest (((blockbuster))).
>>
>>87542371
Wich one? Because to me, anime is fucking grim and dramatic and is way more serious that these oscar baits im seeing every year.
>>
>>87542244
this
>>
>>87540337
Are there some anime more deep than film and TV? Absolutely, but smart anime is rare
For every evangelion or ghost in the shell, there are probably five hundred sword art onlines
>>
>>87543368
What shonenshit can compete with Raimi Spider-Man and the DCEU?
>>
Imagine if David Lynch had half the creative capacity as Satoshi Kon
>>
>>87544653
expanded universe shit is the worst part about western comics and now movies. Not everything has to take place in the same universe.
>>
idk man but JoJo's pretty good
>>
>>87544653
HxH
>>
>>87544774
O
>>
>>87544653
>What shonenshit can compete with Garbage and the GARBAGEEU
>>
>>87544653
Lupin III
0079 Gundam
Ashita no Joe
Vampire Hunter D
Fist of the North Star
DragonBall
Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
One Punch Man

I tried to get one every 5-6 years but hit a wall in the 90s since I'm still working my way through old stuff
>>
There's a few anime films like Redline that can really show off the power of good animation paired with a great soundtrack.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.