[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming of Age film recs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: coming of age.jpg (221KB, 601x894px) Image search: [Google]
coming of age.jpg
221KB, 601x894px
I really enjoyed the new IT even though I don't usually care about 'horror' films. I really liked it for the small town relationships between the losers club and the camaraderie they built up and how the kids acted real, swearing and all.

What are some other movies or TV shows like this I should watch? I've already seen and enjoyed Stand By Me, Stranger Things, Now and Again, and The Goonies.
>>
Been looking for these types of movies. They give me a warm, comfy feeling

What about Super 8, Juno, American Beauty, Election, American Pie, The Sandlot, My Girl, Ghost World
>>
>>87535210
Ooh definitely Super 8, The Sandlot, and My Girl.

I also remember loving Gold Diggers as a kid, though that's about the friendship between two girls and less about a group like all these others. Not sure if it holds up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fceoHzj2MMI
>>
Sing Street
>>
Oh also It Follows and Mean Creek
>>
ET, Moonrise Kingdom, The Sandlot
>>
>I really liked it for the small town relationships between the losers club and the camaraderie they built up and how the kids acted real, swearing and all

The Girl Next Door (2007 version not the shitty romcom)
>>
File: The_Kings_of_Summer.jpg (23KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
The_Kings_of_Summer.jpg
23KB, 214x317px
>>87535346

This and also Kings of Summer
>>
Should be right up /tv/s alley.
>>
File: mud-ver3-xlg.jpg (236KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
mud-ver3-xlg.jpg
236KB, 680x907px
Mud
I don't know why people stopped talking about it
>>
I don't really know of movies like you mentioned, involving a group of young teens, but I know of a few involving older teenagers outside of groups. These are considered coming of age movies but aren't really similar to stuff like the Goonies or Stand by Me, but you might like them anyway.

>Perks of being a Wallflower is decent, though how fucking hipster and artsy it is can be annoying.
>The Spectacular Now is more of a romance but it's pretty well written, and the characters and scenarios feel real and not over dramatic or cliche.
>Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is mostly about friendships, it's max comfy and pretty funny
>Boyhood, though super meme'd, is actually a pretty good movie. It kinda starts getting gay when he becomes an older teenager but before then it's pretty good
>Dazed and Confused is a classic and pretty funny, even though it mainly involves older teenagers
>Everybody Wants Some, even though involving college kids, is also really good
>Almost Famous is super comfy and feelsy
>>
>only watch Now & Then because the one girl is pregnant
>family looks at me weird the more I watch it every day for a month
>the fat girl killed herself
>>
Downloading
>Monster Squad
>The Way Back
>Mud
>The Kings of Summer
>Stranger Things (Again)
>12 and Holding
>Stephen King's It (1990)

>>87535715
>>87535772
Big fan of Thirteen, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Boyhood, and Everybody Wants Some. I also enjoyed It's Kind of a Funny Story which is in that same genre
>>
Most linklater stuff desu. Bernie is especially small-town kino, though it's not based on kids
>>
>Coming of Age film recs?
Literally the gayest genre and if you enjoy these movies you have a good chance of being a pedophile
>>
>>87536794
Thanks mean :/
>>
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
>>
>>87537824
Sorry I didnt mean it
>>
>>87535772
>>The Spectacular Now
this one surprised me. really entertaining and surprisingly well acted. high school graduation kino
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.