[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Apocalyptic Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: It_Comes_at_Night.png (162KB, 780x440px) Image search: [Google]
It_Comes_at_Night.png
162KB, 780x440px
I watched recently Children of Men and It Comes at Night.

some recommendations based on this? my weekend is going ending so fast, pls.
>>
A boy and His Dog is supposed to be good, might give it a go myself. The Road might be more in keeping though
>>
>>87534367
28 days later
Dawn of the Dead (original and reboot)
Shaun of the Dead
Mad Max Road Warrior
Escape from New York
12 Monkeys
The Last Man on Earth (1964)
Stake Land
Pitch Black
>>
>>87535027
cont

Turbo Kid
Daybreakers
Planet of the Apes (original)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Bay
Deranged (Korean)
>>
>>87534367
Blue Ruin isn't post-apocalyptic, but it gave me the same vibes as It Comes at Night, and the cinematography is great
>>
>>87534367
I really enjoyed The Road (John Hillcoat), it's absurdly hopeless and dark (Triple 9 is not post-apoc but check it out)

Threads (BBC, Mick Jackson) is a classic of the genre, also quite depressing

28 Days Later (Danny Boyle) is cool and has this cold criminal forensics British TV series vibe to it

12 Monkeys (Terry Gilliam) is comfy af and has that 90s quote neo-noir unquote vibe

Brazil (Terry Gilliam) is a classic, maybe not as post-apoc as the rest of this list but still

Snowpiercer (Bong Joon-ho, the guy who made The Host) is original and fun, actually based on a comic

Stalker (Andreï Tarkovski) has some heavy contemplative post-nuclear vibes cyka blyat

Final Hours (Zak Hilditch, 2013) is actually pre-apocalyptic and might actually be an homage to On the Beach (Stanley Kramer, 1959), both happen in Australia and are very good

The Rover (David Michôd) is very good too, heck I like to think it's some softcore dieselpunk à la Mad Max
>>
>>87534367
Time of the Wolf
>>
>>87535420
this and the road
>>
The Road.
>>
i liked Z for Zachariah
>>
>>87534367
A Boy And His Dog
On The Beach
>>
>>87534561
A Boy And His Dog hasn't aged well, it was made pre-Star Wars and the special effects are bad, even for a low budget movie. But it's a classic, so give it a shot.
>>
>>87535832
cool will do
>>
>>87534367
Soylent Green
Silent Running
Death Race 2000
Logan's Run
Stake Land
>>
File: dragon-head.jpg (44KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-head.jpg
44KB, 436x600px
>>87534367
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.