[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right /tv/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9646.jpg (220KB, 1242x1509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9646.jpg
220KB, 1242x1509px
Is he right /tv/ ?
>>
saw this and twitter and lo and behold here it is too! what are the chances?
>>
The problem is that what is on cinema at the moment is either shit, things people don't care or know about, or sequel/remake, stuffing diversity in isn't gonna make it better just worse, especially if they make a big deal about it like Sony did with fembusters
>>
>>87533541
Aren't movies appealing to the SJW crowd the ones that do the worst?
>>
>>87533591
Caught it
>>
Dunkirk was awesome. There wont be anymore movies like that so im not going to the theaters

I do not care about captain america and his fag friends
>>
>>87533541
>faggots are more creative and better actors
>>
>>87533541
WOKE
>>
Could've stopped at two.
>>
>>87533541
Hes right about the first 2. All the rest are wrong.
>>
>>87533658
SJWs are faggot commies who don't have the money to buy video games or movie tickets.
>>
>>87533541
yes those are the reasons for the horrible summer
>>
>>87533541
WHO are these 47 thousand fucking people who agreed with this?
>>
File: 1386096517806.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1386096517806.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
>make better movies
>make original movies
proven time after time to not work
>>
>>87533541
What does he mean by "I can go on"

Air Bud but like a screenwriter?
>>
despite winning Best Picture at the Oscars, Gay Niggers from Outer Space only made 3 mil at the box office, yet this guy probably considers it a 'triumph'
>>
I want to see a turner diaries movie happen.

The casting will be VERY diverse , it will be a extremely original film , it will have lots of women and POC in it. It will even have queers

MAKE IT HAPPEN HOLLYWOOD
>>
>I can go on.
That means he ran out of things.
>>
>>87533541
You really just need the first 2. Everything else is niche marketing
>>
stop rebooting shitty franchises and create new IPs that don't have forced sjw elements
>>
>>87533541
on the first two points maybe. The rest have been tried in other media and don't necessarily generate any better products then the current crap in the market.
>>
Hollywood needs to learn big money doesn't automatically mean better quality. Look at all the recent surprise successes. All 40-60m budgets. If an actor's only signing onto your movie for a 20m payday, meaning the budget's going to end up 100m+, they're not going to give much of a shit about the project itself. If they're convinced by it, and want to do it, they'll do it for less money.
>>
>>87533774
>?
The CP poster struck again. Thank you, mods for acting quickly this time.
>>
>>87533541
Only one that really matters there is Better Movies. People often cry after originality, but original doesn't always mean good.
>>
>>87533647

/tv/ is a great spring board for social justice and POC opinions because this site is mostly used by loser young white males.
>>
>>87534058
Okay but can we stop having shitty remakes of movies we don't need
>>
>>87533774
Disgusting.
>>
yeah make diverse queer movies then you can blame the audience when they flop
>>
>>87533774
>7 year old being gangbanged by 10+ old guys
Wtf. Most fucked up thing I've seen in a while. Good that mods acted quickly.
>>
>>87534083
Doesn't that as well fall under "better movies".

If a remake is done because someone had a great idea for a new take (like the Fly or the Thing), then I'm all fine and good with it, but if the remakes are just safe bets from studios, then it's just right for them to crash and burn.
>>
>>87533879
or an adaptation of I'll Spit on your Graves

normies will whine because "WHYTE PEPUL ANTAGONIZING BLACKS! HE DINDU NUFFIN"
>>
File: it~01~01.jpg (515KB, 1080x1833px) Image search: [Google]
it~01~01.jpg
515KB, 1080x1833px
>>87533541
Nope
>pic related
>>
>>87533541
The first two options are mutually exclusive with the others.
>>
Make better movies was enough, really. Blaming critics for your movies underperforming is retarded. Maybe there will be some sort of blockboster bubble? There's really no way that the profits will keep growing forever and it really seems like they expect every movie to do better and better. I remember when one movie making a billion dollars was impressive, now they're basically expecting it.
>>
Black People just wanna remake every movie with black people. And I think I would probably see at least half of the movies.
>>
The first point is the most important.
>>
>>87534224
>I'll Spit on your Graves

uh its happening

http://variety.com/2016/film/festivals/zannou-gely-morena-mare-nostrum-i-spit-on-your-graves-1201773602/
>>
>Original
pocs dont usually make original movies though. only thing i can think of is "get out" and the whole organ harvesting thing isn't even an original idea to begin with. pocs make movies about people who are oppressed. not that thats a bad thing but it's nothing new.
>>
>>87534082
or maybe we like to talk about movies/hollywood and this is relevant

no need to be so inflammatory and racist
>>
>>87533672
"no. i'm pretty sure if you compare this summer's films to the summer's films from the past 16 years you'll find out it's the most diverse one.
"
why was this deleted?
>>
>>87534349
>get out
>not original
show me another movie that did the same thing
>>
>>87534349
Name a couple of original movies.
>>
It's amazing how out of touch twitter is with the general population.
>>
>>87534511
that's my point
>>
>>87534511
Roundhay Garden Scene
>>
>>87534529
woa really gets the nogging joggin
>>
It is completely okay to make diverse, queer, deviant, and unique movies with casts of black people, gay people, transqueer plutokin, and people who like Pepsi more than Coke.

Just stop retconning existing franchises to "diversify" them. Please.

Do you know what happens when you inject steroids into a human body? Over time, they break down the body's internal organs. The rush of extra strength and stamina is short-term, and it's unnatural because the real solution should have been to create the muscles yourself with dedication and healthy living.

Remaking movies to satisfy a zeitgeist is the same way. It gives a short rush of righteousness and popularity, but the buzz wears off and a little bit of permanent damage was dealt to people's perceptions about minority groups on the screen - that their presence is a political decision, not an artistic one. Do it enough times and you'll teach people that the point of a black character is to stop Trump, not to showcase the talents of an actor that is black or to tell a story about a black character. That's long-term organ damage which can't be healed easily, and certainly not with more of the same buzz-inducing medicine.

Making an original show or movie with great characters that don't fit the stereotypical mold tends to come out great. That's why Red Dwarf, Pulp Fiction, Disney movies in the 90s, and so many others featuring strong and nuanced characters from nonwhite and female roles are memorable and exciting. It's why Moonlight was genuinely a good film, and so was Fences, but also why Fembusters and a bunch of other crappy flicks with shoehorned retconning failed. It's why a black James Bond - a franchise where the actor changes regularly - and a female Doctor Who - ditto - aren't really as big of a deal as trying to retcon Hermione or the Gunslinger as a completely different person than the creator imagined, even if /tv/ likes to meme otherwise.

It's okay to have diverse actors. Revisionism is the problem.
>>
>>87533541
I fucking hate threads like these, a literally who has an opinion on twitter.

300 replies lol
>>
>>87534727
>literally who
17.2K retweets and 47.2K likes
>>
>>87534655
yeah yeah yeah you voted for trump and all that

you just don't wanna see a black man in your movies and you gotta write all this to justify it *yawn*
>>>/pol/
>>
>>87533541
Overly critical public obsessed with the past and nerd "culture" combined with a film industry terrified of not making massive bank off every single movie has created a stagnant atmosphere where originality is dead and the public can find better entertainment in TV shows.

People are more likely to tune into game of thrones than go see yet another shitty sequel,spin off, blockbuster, remake or super hero movie. And the sooner Hollywood learns and adapts,the better.

Sadly, they won't learn and things will only get worse.

Diversity and all that other stuff is all just demographics. The public at large doesn't care and never will.liberals, sjws and faggots care, but I until they increase their numbers in a genuine way,only third rate shilling garbage on netflix will ever be aimed at their demographic.
>>
>>87534892
literally who?
>>
>>87534465
literally every horror movie since 1990
>>
do people really want to see fags and pocks on screen? I could go on...
>>
File: 1446244427801.png (274KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1446244427801.png
274KB, 576x432px
>>87533541
why isn't he making it then
>>
>>87533658
Exactly. Liberals are so fucking clueless.
>>
>>87533541
>Is he right /tv/ ?
no
i could go on...
>>
>>87534465
Skeleton Key is basically the same movie with the races swapped.
>>
>>87533541
Most of these points are exactly why movies suck so bad these days. Send this sambo motherfucker back to the Sahara
>>
Those things are why people arent seeing movies. nobody likes niggers and fags. stop putting them in movies.
>>
>>87535237
>yet another shitty sequel,spin off, blockbuster, remake or super hero movie.
these all make way more money than original movies you know. Especially super heroes are still making absolute bank.
>>
>>87533541
>hollywood commits suicide
its for the best really
>>
>>87534465
What suck ass and be overhyped? Ever heard of a new movie called 'IT'?
>>
>>87535479
you haven't seen IT, stop pretending
>>
>>87535500
>t. shill on damage control duty

"Hiya Georgie! Do you have a Scooby Snack on ya?"
>>
>>87535542
>damage control duty
what exactly is there to damage control? Are you the guy that had the "IT is a guaranteed flop" trip?
>>
MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE RELEASES GOOD TIME TO MORE THAN 5 THEATERS IN THE WORLD. I'M MAD AND I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT. I DONT WANT TO WATCH GENERIC CAPESHIT OR BORING ROMCOMS ANYMORE MAN FUCK
>>
>>87533541
He's right about the first two.
>>
>>87533541
I unironically agree.
>>
>>87533846
>proven time after time to not work

Except for the fifty or sixty years prior to capeshit and remake hell.
>>
>>87533541
With the first 2, the rest have no impact what so ever.
>>
>>87535542
absolutely seething lmfao
>>
File: ghostbusters 2016 girl pwr.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters 2016 girl pwr.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
Yeah. It works so well for Sony.
>>
Thats the reason they havent been doing good by forcing women shitskins and faggots on screentime who arent good actors.The only reasons the movies do good is because the names theyre attached to like star wars or marvel movies
>>
Diverse movies do worse than non-diverse movies. The Avengers is proof of that. So is Transformers. So is Pirates of the Caribbean. So are all major blockbusters for the most part.

These niggers think just because Moonlight won Best Picture that the best route to fill the seats is to pack movies with faggots and niggers. Moonlight was barely a blip on the screen from a financial perspective. Do you even know anyone who saw it aside from maybe yourself?
>>
>>87534655
How is female Doctor even a retcon

It's just a fucking vessel
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (70KB, 750x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
70KB, 750x335px
>>87533658
>>87533763
>>87535356
Drowning in white tears
>>
>>87533541
Hollywood was making more money before they started to pander to all these "Colored people" as they call themselves now.
>>
>>87535824
lol one whole movie
>>
>>87533541
I'm with him on the first two.
>>
>>87535824
why do you like cum so much?
>>
>>87535824

Blair witch project still did better.The only reason that movie got popular was because nigger tomatoes.That movie was shit lol
>>
>>87533541
>Go fullsteam for cultural maxrism,
>Trump Get's elected
>Go Even faster towards marxism

Same with movies. The left is out of touch and out of their minds?
>>
>>87533541
THIS SOOO MUCH!!!!
We need 100% more diverse, LGBPDT SFW FEMEN PC POC movies and 0% white cis male patriarchy, although it's 100% PC and enabled if only whites are portrayed as the bad guys all of the time.
>>
>>87535062
you're actually retarded
and your spacing and ** shit make it obvious you're from reddit, so fuck off back to that place
>>
>How can Hollywood make more money?
>Make movies that appeal to a very specific demographic that makes up 1% of the population and excludes 99% of the rest of the population

HOW COULD IT FAIL
>>
>>87533541

lol no
>>
File: stephen-king-split.jpg (223KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
stephen-king-split.jpg
223KB, 612x380px
>>87533541
>People will want to see movies if it has women and black people in it.

Do Liberals ever get tired of being wrong?.
>>
>>87533541
I just want more '80s style action, horror and sci-fi movies with white actors like Kurt Russell and Arnold Schwarzenegger. You can make as many movies about gay black people as you want, but if I get those other things, I'll be happy.
>>
>>87533541
I thought this was a pretty good summer for movies.

>IT
>Baby Driver
>Spiderman
>Good Time
>Logan Lucky
>Apes
>It Comes At Night
>Dunkirk
>Detroit
>>
>>87538457
replace spiderman with gotg 2 and I'd agree
>>
>>87538457
good time is the only above average movie on that list
>>
>>87533541
yeah we need more movies entirely created by niggers. just look at the wonderful kino they are capable of creating without the evil white man's influences:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_films
>>
But somber gay nigger movie won the oscar and still barely made any money in the US
>>
>>87533541
I think he has it backwards. They've been doing the whole "muh diversity" thing and box office numbers have been plummeting as they've been doing so.

Also what the fuck does he mean by "Hire more women, POC and queer creatives"? Why does he think that will magically affect failing box office returns?

He's right about making "better" and "original" movies though. I think people are finally tired of capeshit and reboots.
>>
"Give me power then everything will work out! (for me)"
>>
>>87538566
>without the evil white man's influences

White people don't make movies.
>>
>>87538651
Jews are white as far as niggers are concerned.
>>
>>87533541

There can't be many women, POC or queer creatives left who don't already have a job in film or TV production

They'd have to headhunt them from the music and fashion industries if they wanted more
>>
File: jew percent.png (667KB, 540x826px) Image search: [Google]
jew percent.png
667KB, 540x826px
>>87536554
>take red hot property that sells tons of books, audio books,comics, etc

>spend 20 dollars on budget and make it nothing like the books
>hire a nigger to play a white character

>be surprised when it flops and is panned as a shit movie with no reason to have existed

why are jews so stupid sometimes?
>>
>>87533756
this
>>
That sjw garbage is part of why movies are flopping. Nobody wants freaks, faggots and niggers in their movies we watch film to escape from that bullshit.
>>
We need Superhero films with twists

basically just anyone with super powers of some sort will likely get a decent box office
>>
>>87536554
>No women
>>
>>87533760
>>87533541
He wouldn't be wrong about the rest if he meant that those movies should be made independently, or in foreign, majority "minority" countries, then picked up for distribution in the US.
In hat case, we could have real auteurs. Studio interference, design by committee, and focus grouping is the main problem keeping those kinds of movies from shining.
Nigeria in particular has a burgeoning film industry that is virtually unknown in the US.
>>
>>87538690
i was interested to see if that flier was true. it turns out the source's highest division is "$100k+", and 44% of jews fall in that category. google says that being in the 1% nationally requires a $350k household income. so the numbers don't follow. furthermore jews make up 6% of the households making $100k+, not 90%. heil hitler.
>>
>>87533541
>force in more retarded ""diversity"" quotas and untalented creatively bankrupt people whose sole shtick is to pander to SJWs
whoa eh's totally right
>>
File: Ghostbusters.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>87539089
Is interesting that it always comes down to establishing franchises where they tried forcing diversity.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.