[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 4th season as depressing as 3? I was ready to drop it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 13

File: images (4).jpg (14KB, 284x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
14KB, 284x288px
Is the 4th season as depressing as 3? I was ready to drop it after s03e12.

Or is it worth a look?
>>
>>87529614
Season 3 is darker, but ends on a more positive note.
>>
>>87529614
>Is the 4th season as depressing as 3?
No, at least not for bojack
>>
>>87529749
*Season 4
>>
Season 4 introduces some great new characters. Of course it is depressing, and I would argue that it is just as depressing as season 3 but in different topics.
>>
This one was devasting but in different ways than previous seasons. It went a little more in depth with the psychology of childhood trauma and inherited mental illness.

Whether its darker overall than past seasons is up for debate, but I think after this season Bojack Horseman has the right to be considered one of the very top western animated titles out in say, the last decade
>>
I was pleasently surprised with this season but also left wondering what more there is to do
I Wouldn't be surprised if theres only one more season to wrap things up but you never know i guess
>>
>>87530040
Its all but confirmed there will be a single final season left. I'm kinda suorised the show made it to 4 seasons of decent length without taking a drop in quality.

If the writers can make use of this period to realize that using this show to talk real world politics is a colossal waste of time and almost hypocritical to the show's own nature, and instead focus on giving us a hard hitting but fitting end, I will probably wax poetic about this show for years to come.
>>
>>87529614
That episode inside of Bojack's head actually made me have to take a break from the show for a few hours.
>>
>>87530174
Yea that would be the best outcome for sure
>>
It's not as bad as previous seasons but there's too much Todd highjinx.
>>
>>87530205
I'm glad his condition was addressed in such a blatant and relatable way. Many people have confessed to living with the same voice in their head since seeing the episode.
>>
How is it that this show can maintain quality and be ready every year but Rick and Morty can't?
>>
>>87530174
>I'm kinda suorised the show made it to 4 seasons of decent length without taking a drop in quality.

I would argue that the cycle of Bojack fucking up, then apologizing and fucking up againg gets little boring and repeating, but I feel like it's more a nitpick than drop in quality.

>>87530283
I honestly thought that's what most people expirience until anon in the other thread said that it is sign of depresion.
>>
>>87530282
Probably just as lengthy as him joining SeaOrg. Todd time always seems to last too long but without it there would be no breathing room in between all the depression and disturbingly accurate portrayals of what is needed from someone socially to have a successfull adult
>>
>>87530323
I don't think it tries as hard.
>>
>>87530323
>but Rick and Morty can't?
because Roiland is fucking drunkard.
>>
>>87530349
His cycle is the same faced by the majority of alcoholics and drug addicts though. We are a draining bunch to be around, and everyone knows it. It seems like it would be easy to break free from, but when you become reliant on addictive substances to function in day to day life and said substances impair judgement as well as numb one emotionally, it becomes a lifelong struggle for most.

& I'm not sure its even necessarily depression at hand. Its totally possible that the majority of people have a negative inner voice, but some become more able to control it than others. Or, some turn to abusing other people to drown it out.
>>
>>87530376
career. Meant to end that last sentence with the word career
>>
>>87529614
the gun control thing almost made me drop, then the fact that they said "society hates women more than they love guns" really REALLY made me want to drop. obvious libshit stuff,
but then thought, this takes place in california, it's all a joke on how shitty and hypocritical that state is.
I guess its okay
>>
>>87529614
S4 is more consistent with its depressing material. S3 just had two or three episodes where they dumped all of the sadness onto and the rest were just animal puns and Todd/Mr. Peanutbutter fucking around. S4 actually has a surprisingly dramatic tone throughout, with episodes like 2, 5, 6, 9, and 11 which are all sadder than the prior seasons.
>>
>>87530657
Its very true what they said about all you need to do to convert an anti gun nut to a pro gun individual is have them shoot one for themselves. Diane is usually used to parody how stupid the far left get, her work atmosphere should have made that obvious enough
>>
>>87530698
I'd say 11 is just the most depressing episode overall, it's relatable even if you aren't a depressed, alcoholic wreck because old people slowly fading and dementia.
>>
>>87530720
I understand her character as you describe it anon. I am just always looking for, how the MSM is going to ruin a good show with propaganda. Not all hollywood people are crazy SJW but ALL OF THEM are anti gun, and it's bullshit, almost made me drop. seriously
>>
>>87530698
>which are all sadder than the prior seasons.
While I agree that S4 is more consistent with it's tone, Sarah Lynn episode from S3 hit me the most from all of the series. Of course, it's subjective.
>>
>>87530283
>>87530349
Wait people don't have a normal internal dialogue in there head?
>>
>>87529614
I'm 10 eps in
It's been different to how I remember. I'm tempted to say it's been the best season so far but I think that's just cause I've missed it so much
The only "bad" episode was one about gun control which was only bad because the feminist victim complex shit was forced down your throat. It's really weird because the rest of the season has been surprisingly centrist and perfect in that regard.

Even that episode is great with how it portrays hollywood's reaction to mass-shootings.
But it did seriously piss me off that the butt of the joke was the well known fact that everyone knows that men feel safe and powerful all the time and hate the idea of women ever feeling safe
/rant

I particularly like the way they handled his daughter. I like that they didn't tease it or spend ages having the characters wonder.
The Princess Caroline episodes haven't been as sad as I feel they're supposed to be. I wonder if it's cause I find it hard to relate to her or if her arc just isn't written as well as Bojack and Diane's.

I'm gonna go watch ep 11 now and then come back.
>>
>>87530720

That's kind of over-simplifying things a lot.There are both pro-gun and anti-gun nuts, and there are plenty of reasonable arguments on both sides. Not gonna turn this into a gun argument though, but I was glad that Bojack showed that it wasn't a black and white issue, and that they satirised both left and right.

It also was a pretty clever take on the way the media/ courts handle gender and race. The stand your ground law is a valid defence for Zimmerman but a woman shoots her abusive husband in the middle of a violent attack and she gets life. Equally, all white shooters are "mentally ill" aberrations but all other shooters get pegged for their race/ culture. I felt like the Bojack thing was less about "guns r gud/ bad" and more about the narrative surrounding moral panics.
>>
>>87531057
I always assumed so but have met some people so stupid or so sociopathic and/or psychopathic that I would believe in the existence of those without internal monologue.

I think the better question is whether or not everyone's internal monologue is quite so brutally self destructive as Bojack's. I know mine is, and it often gives me distress.
>>
>>87531057
Why do you think there is so much alcoholics/workaholics/whatever-else-holics?
They all try to kill that voice in their heads just for a little while with whatever distraction they choose.
>>
File: 20170909_140942.png (37KB, 235x110px) Image search: [Google]
20170909_140942.png
37KB, 235x110px
We all saw this in the background of the cafe scenes, right?
>>
>>87530840
Nina Simone car scene fucked me up. Almost dropped.
>>
>>87531131
My girlfriend lives in a rough neighbourhood and she said that the gun control episode was pretty spot on ft r how she feels when she has to walk to and from work. I've noticed how nervous she gets as well so I didn't mind it for that reason, I feel like it's less of a feminist victim complex issue and more of a fear issue. I mean, would you say it's a victim complex issue if you were a middle-class guy scared of getting mugged in a shitty black neighbourhood?
>>
>"In the words of an immortal women, suck a dick dumbshit!"
>>
>>87529614
Shows for tryhard psuedo intellectuals thread?
>>
>>87531661
Pickle rick thread is over there
>>
>>87531312
the problem is that women feel this way no matter what. They are constantly insecure and fearful and assume that everything is always directed at them. That is why if you hand every female a gun they will just start shooting men on the street for minding their own fucking business because the woman FELT like he was imposing on her.
Rape culture is fake obviously but combine that fake news with the victim culture that is real, you get insane narcissist women assuming all men are about to rape or beat them.
>>
>>87529614
I'm on episode 5 or 6 of this show. Not seeing the big deal, besides the occasional smart joke, the visual gags, and Bojack being an asshole. Does it get better?
>>
File: IMG_4553.jpg (77KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4553.jpg
77KB, 500x586px
>>87531131
>gonna go watch ep 11 and come back

Probably my favorite 11th episode in the series.
>>
>>87531683
While at the same time often desiring to be raped and beaten and exlusively partnering with men willing to do so, but only in what she deems is a comfortable space or time for sexual activity. Kinda fucked up huh?
>>
>>87531709
First season starts off rough. At the very least finish the first season, and know that it keeps getting better.
>>
>>87531782
Yep, That's the Real rape culture! Cosmo, 50 Shades ext.
>>
>>87531908
don't forget all the chicks finger blasting themselves to GOT every weekend because of all the rape scenes from powerful men
>>
>>87529614
>>87529614
I just hope there's no more attempts at suicide in this season.
>>
>>87532090
There will never be enough attempted suicide in Bojack Horseman
>>
>>87531728
I can imagine some people not coming back from episode 11.

It was better than most horror films.
>>
I'm depressed that S4 seems to have been written by SJWs.
>>
>>87532209
See
>>87530657
>>
>>87532343
This is real you know
>>87531180
>>
>>87532209
The hamfisted politics was definitely the worst, it often felt really out of place and forced to me
>>
>>87532209
>>87532386
What was so bad exept gun thing?
>>
will they ever top BRAPPP BRAPP PEW PEW???
>>
>>87532147
So he tries again?
>>
>>87532384
What's so bad about it
>>
>>87532577
No, that's series finale.
>>
>>87532647
Show*
>>
>>87532647
I think it's more likely that Todd will commit suicide, would really make for depressing shit and it would make for a good narrative about how it can be a surprise
>>
just finished ep11
it wasn't as bad as s3's 11, but christ
it was just that fire scene and the "twist" that got me

the thing, nothing in Bojack gets me worse than his self-deprecation and his benders. Seeing him actually spin out of control, seeing him so self-aware of what a shit he is... I guess it hits so close to home
>>
>>87532647
>>87532686
So. It's building up to either suicide or another car scene thing... See this is where I wanted to drop it at season 3. I. Enjoy the comedy but the decedant drug usw and self loathing I didn't really care for.
>>
Just finished it.
I want to see Philbert now. It sounds like True Detective starring Bojack

I miss that female director though and was upset she wasn't anywhere
Even though I thought it was done really well, I think the political campaign took up too much of this season
>>
>>87529614
Its the most hopefuly 2bh, every character does something to improve their lives
>>
>>87530174
>the writers can make use of this period to realize that using this show to talk real world politics is a colossal waste of time and almost hypocritical to the show's own nature,
I hope so. I don't want bojack to be as dates as those George Bush AD/FG/KotH episodes
>>
>>87530323
Bojack has a beginning, middle, and end to reach in 12 episodes. As long as it gets there for its characters, it can get away with the filler episodes.

Rick and Morty has a semblance of a beginning and rushes it's character development in to a few moments, then rushes the ending. It's mostly sitcom like filler. They're not comparable
>>
>>87531057
Yes, although it's a sign of depression if you're constantly shooting yourself down.

Look up "negative cycle of thoughts" and see if that sounds familiar to you. That's depression.
>>
>>87534111
I also get the feeling that writers of Bojack are inteligent people who write deep characters witch complex problems, while writers of Rick and Morty only think that they are doing same thing.
Like in Bojack issuse of the characters feel relatable while in R&M it's highschool tier nihilism plastered with jokes and references to movies.
>>
>>87531131
Episode 10 hit me hard tbf. The whole framing device getting turned on it's head to deliver such a gut punch was great.
>>
>>87534382
apples and oranges really.
Bojack is a very depressing drama that has to be contrasted by silly cartoon antics, really the only medium that could work without making it too edgy and intense for most people to stomach.
R&M is a comedy that is ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous that has to get serious for a moment to get people to take it seriously at all, other wise it is just dick and fart jokes. And modern humor is edgy now so it gets filtered in
>>
>>87534588
I guess you're right.
I got carried away by how similar on the surface Bojack and Rick are (main chracter with existential crisis that can basically do whatever he wants, but ultimately just distracts himself from bad thoughts).
>>
>>87532440
how about the pointless exploration of Todd's sexuality (or lack thereof)?
>>
>>87532827
>>87532827
I think the scene when she comes back to reality was the hardest scene I've ever had to sit through. Bojack was so adamant about getting to rip her apart all season, and when he finally has the chance he can't bring himself to do it.
>>
>>87534950
Aaron Paul needs the work.
>>
>>87534950
yeah that didn't really go anywhere.
It's funny however that the only "asexual" couplings in the show were a male and a female. really chaffs the chestnuts
>>
>>87535252
nah he's got treadmills to dance and make an ass of himself on for miles!
>>
>>87534950
I feel like it's middle way between conservative approach and liberal one.
They easily could make him gay, but that would be blatant pandering to SJW or they could make him straight, but that wouldn't make any arch out of his sexuality, so they choose not to offend more conservative viewers whlie pandering to more liberal ones and made arch out of it.

However I do agree it was entirely pointless.
>>
>>87535517
this was my thinking, but that leaves the question: why make an obvious anti gun/men clearly hate women ep?
maybe they didn't want to seem too preachy, probably saving it for next season where they push the narrative that sexuality is fluid and can be anything.
I hope not though, would make me stop watching. the gun/feminism thing was already almost too much man!
>>
How many people agree that diane is a total cunt bitch that cant be happy because she constantly dismisses opportunities to be happy?

Like bojack fucks things up because he gets scared or careless, but Diane had a chance to have a say in their new house, plan some part of it to her designs, but she kept passing that to Mr PB saying she'd be fine with what he wants when she never ends up liking PB's decisions and the end shows that to be totally the case with the belle room.

It really bothered me that she took bojack not being there so personally in her VO in the first episode of the season. Why does she get to have that?

Also Hollyhock is cute and doesn't need to diet. shame about that square ass thing
>>
>>87535904
Diane was a massive cunt this season. I get that Mr. Peanutbutter wasn't helping the whole thing most of the season anyways, but she needlessly blew up when they were totally fine over the fucking Belle Room.
>>
>>87535733
>why make an obvious anti gun/men clearly hate women ep?

I don't see it that way. Everyone on 4chan just got way too obssesed with one joke ("Society hates women more that their love their guns"), while forgeting that the episode show how cynical Hollywood treats mass shootings and hypocryci of the anti-gunners (Diane going from hating guns, to encouraging getting one after she actually tried one).
>>
>>87529614
Was pretty good. Got better toward the end but the episode before the finale was pretty depressing.

Really hashed out Diane/Mr. PB nicely.
Princess Caroline's story arc was decent
Todd's was shit.
BJH's was an interesting look at how he treats those he loves and where he gets it from
>>
>>87535904
>>87536025
Diane came from a neglectful family with a shitty dad, This is what happens to those women, They are attracted to unavailable men and the more nice and available they become the less she is attracted to them.
hints when he is unavailable and running for mayor she is pissed off at him but wants to fuck him and gets turned on and isn't pushing him away.
as soon as he is free and devotes time to her and gives her something and is attentive she has to sabotage the relationship and push him away. trauma as a child = attraction in adults, not always true for men but VERY true for women.
>>
>>87536132
Honestly this. The whole episode rags on Hollywood for trying to monetize tragedies, while only being concerned about themselves. Yes, it makes fun of the right too, but I'm more than okay with it so long as limousine liberals are getting their own too. I like that it made fun of both sides, and I wish more shows would.
>>
>>87536202
Bojack came from a family that was way more fucked up, and while he isn't wholly functional, at least he's narcissistic enough to sometimes take his happiness into his own hands and not sublimate his desires for someone elses in a context where thats alright.

Just diane gets into situations she resents even though she's the one that created them or could've stopped them. Like the whole cordovia trip.
Why is she still around?
>>
>>87536481
yep
women/people love to reenact the trauma, thats why she puts herself in the situation.
kind of proving my point
>>
>>87536481
In fairness, I think Cordovia and her arc in season 3 were integral to her character, but I think her arc this season should've had her actually trying to do important shit again. She spent season 3 building herself back up after falling, and instead of developing this season she just got selfish and whiny. I just hope season 5 has a redemption for her, but I think they overshot her arc.
>>
>>87531782
It would be if it was true.
>>
>>87530174
The last scene in this show has got to be Bojack, miserable after fucking up everything good in his life, entering a bar and having the bartender ask "Why the long face?"
>>
>>87531683

But by that logic, are all white men fearful and insecure? If you walk into even a well to do neighbourhood and a black guy with a hoodie approaches you, you're gonna feel a clench. Doesn't matter if that guy's out for a leisurely stroll, he -could- be a mugger. And you say that rape culture isn't real, but then the guy that replies to you says all women secretly want to be raped because fifty shades of grey sold a lot of books. I don't know if he's interviewed that many women personally, but isn't that the same logic as saying all men went to be mass shooters because Call of Duty and Halo sell really well?
>>
I really enjoyed Bojack and his family's arc this season.
Princess Carolyn's stuff was decent.
Mr Peanutbutter and Diane's stuff was... Meh
Todd's was genuinely a huge waste of time.
I don't mind the Todd antics in previous seasons, but it really felt like it went nowhere this time.
>>
>>87536025
They're not fine though, they're completely incompatible.
>>
>>87531131
>The only "bad" episode was one about gun control
but that episode had the best joke, the pumped up kicks joke
>>
>>87537233
>>87536202
Mr Peanutbutter has an obsession with being loved which can be very damaging to a relationship.
Diane is neurotic as fuck and is always trying to find flaws in her relationship so she has an excuse for her feelings of inadequacy.
The sad reality is that most people never have a perfect, or even near-perfect relationship. You just learn to accept the faults and live with them. This turns people numb and best case scenario they become comfortable with their life, so even if they don't feel the love or attraction they once did, they feel nervous with the idea of being alone again.
>>
What's the real life race equivalent of the Mouse holiday thing?
>>
>>87536866
Pissing myself laughing!!!!!
what fucking women's studies class brain washed you?
and I was the guy that replied with the 50 shades comment.
Fucking numales!
jeez you fags need to grow some balls.
>>
>>87537457
Probably passover
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover
>>
Season 4 is awesome. Spent a bit too much time on Bojack's mom, I didn't really need a whole episode about her. Episode 2 where they interweaved was amazing though.

I cried at the last line like a little bitch. I've had the ending song on repeat too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tl20WUl0_c
>>
>>87537579
I'd like to learn more about Bojack's relationship with his father to be honest. We have a sense for his mum and dads relationship with each other, but otherwise all we see from Bojacks perspective is when they were arguing. What about when he was an adult? Apparently his dad was still alive three years after Horsing Around ended.
>>
Why would you have Lin-Manuel Miranda on for an episode and have him sing only like a line?
I thought the whole "the 50s-60s sure were different and WRONG" was laid on too thick, but damn his grandmother was fine
and :(
>>
Found episode 5 annoying. Came across less like jokes and more like hamhanded preaching. Rest of the season's been pretty good.
>>
>>87537669
He probably didn't have much of one since he was the only parent working and he didn't like Bojack. They probably just don't talk much unlike his relationship with his mother who was his primary "care" giver for most of his life.
>>
>>87537384
>obsession with being loved
I don't feel like this is much of a problem. He's obviously the more outgoing one, and his various jobs bring him constant validation.
Meanwhile Diane never seems to be satisfied by anything. If he does something thoughtful she bitches at him, and if he leaves her alone like she demands she bitches at him for being distant. Her freakout at the end of the last episode really made me hate her.
>>
Why does Tina (the bear caretaker) appear sentient but not talk like the other animals?
>>
>>87538276
What do you mean, anon?
She talks normal like all the other characters?
Maybe your stream messed up.
>>
>>87538276
She's Chewbacca
>>
>>87538234
It is a problem, just that Mr.PB is so upbeat it's not obvious.

The most obvious manifestation is how pushy he is about his "friendship" with Bojack, since Bojack doesn't hide his disdain for Mr.PB.
>>
In terms of plot development, I feel like this was the strongest season. The plot progressed both literally and in a figurative sense much quicker, and I think it was a nice change of pace to the prior 3 seasons that the show had established. I think the characters revealed themselves in more nuanced ways, and you got a more ringing sense as a viewer of just what it is specifically that has been brought together to create Bojack. Whereas before he could was viewed through a lens of mawkish self-loathing that was laughable, he's stepped from that into a more amorphous and empathetic position. There were times where he was ugly, as always, but the show is really putting it out there that he does have hope, and that he can fulfill a role as a brother; whatever else is up to occasion. I would hope that the last season would be something of a final redemption arc, with the addendum being how other's lives play out on the side. Diane seems to be working on the inverse of what Bojack is actively doing in receding from her marriage and Mr. Peanutbutter. It would be very interesting to have them switch places, with Bojack consoling Diane for once.

all in all bretty good
>>
>>87538383
I always saw it as that he preferred to avoid bad vibes with his friends, even if it meant being the "bigger man" and being at least decently friendly with him instead of letting the negativity suck him down. I thought he was a totally oblivious Chad at the beginning of the series, but the Hollywoo Stars (WTDKDTKTLFO) episode revealed he's just trying to form a positive relationship with Bojack, even though he'd been a complete asshole to him countless times.If he just wanted validation he has dozens of yes-men around him at all times when he's working on whatever show/movie he's involved with.
>>
>>87529614
>havent watched s4 yet and still kinda wanna check this thread

No lads. I dont wanna get spoilers right now
>>
>>87537182
Would have been ok with Todd if there was less shit about his sexuality and more about his burgeoning dentist clown business.
>>
>>87539021
The asexuality is the only sort of character arc he had this season. The clentist stuff felt disconnected.
I miss the pasta tsunami where it had a build up and a pay off.
>>
>>87539021
That was the first Todd gag I really enjoyed.
i guess I liked the improv stuff too, but I liked the little hints of the arc of the dentists learning to be clowns and the clowns doing silly things, like the set-up to get Princess Caroline in front of Turtletaub.
>>
>>87539021
I really enjoyed the clown dentist bit, thought it was pretty funny. I wasn't that interested in the sexuality since it didn't really go anywhere, just him talking to a woman and then going "O-oh, er, i'm asexual."

I was a bit disappointed in the lack of him and Bojack talking, but I guess I understand the "It's been going well for me not talking to you" thing
>>
>>87529614
nah 3 was way more depressing. 4 is the first season to actual end on a happy note for bojack, though not everyone is so lucky. its a great season overall, the todd stuff is meh but not any more meh than the "lolsorandumb" todd stuff always is. everything else is great
>>
>>87537371
that was actually one of my favourite jokes, fuck i almost forgot it
the episode was a mixed bag

it was the only one where it felt like they were forcing an opinion unlike the rest which just deconstructed and criticised all the mainstream opinions
like I loved the joke where msnbsea had two opposite experts and gave them equal screentime to voice their opinions
>>
Show seems like nothing but wank material for people with no problems who invent strife in their lives by drinking to excess. You've got 20 words to convince me otherwise or the council will convene and this show will be eternally branded as garbage.
>>
>>87537457
I assumed it was a race thing, so probably something like zwarte piete
>>
>>87537680
>"the 50s-60s sure were different and WRONG" was laid on too thick
Aw come on, it had such good jokes
"It'll be around forever, like polio and blackface"
"Ma'am, do the responsible thing and have another drink to calm your nerves and then drive your daughter home"
>>
>todd's storyline

pointless as usual, drags the season down

>mr. peanut butter/diane storyline

not as bad as todd, but still gets too silly at several points

>princess carolyn storyline

solid but has opposite problem of todd/peanutbutter storylines in that it takes itself a little too seriously

>bojack storyline

saves the season and then some. good mix of silly stuff and serious stuff and for once ends on a positive note. bojack's storyline alone make this my second favorite season, after the first one
>>
>>87539431
>Show seems like nothing but wank material for people with no problems who invent strife in their lives by drinking to excess.

Show is about replacing sloving problems and healty relatoinships with drinking/work/whatever other distraction.
Plus some jokes.
>>
Did I miss season 4's single use of 'fuck' or did they just not do it? They've used it so well in previous seasons
>>
File: 1502233188923.png (326KB, 498x462px) Image search: [Google]
1502233188923.png
326KB, 498x462px
>>87530323
Rick and Morty has maintained a consistant quality.

Utter shit.
>>
>>87539716
They definitely had one. I remember it struck me as odd because they so rarely swear
I can't remember who said it though
>>
Man this show is something else. Every season starts a little rocky and then finishes so strongly.
>>
>Rick and Morty is utter garbage, unlike my deep, intellectual and emotionally rich cartoon horseman
Bojack Horseman fans and Rick and Morty fans are literally the same person.
>>
>>87529749

Outside of Beatrice past I'd say it's less darker than series 3.
>>
4>2>1>3
>>
>>87540318
Damn nigga do you guys agree with this?
IM FEELING THE HYPE ITT
>>
>>87539716
Bojack says "fuck you mom"
>>
>>87530323
By hiring female writers as early as the first season, obviously.
>>
>>87540343
I do not agree.
>>
>>87540343
Season 4 is good. All the seasons are equally good tho.
I thought the SJW and political stuff wasnt so bad. A lot of people complaining about that stuff don't realize that the writers are satirizing Hollywood as this place where people's opinions flip flop for no apparent reason.
>>
HOLY FUCK hollyhocks voice is so fucking annoying. it sounds like she has a full mouth everytime she speaks
>>
>>87539926

No they aren't the same person. Bojack isn't the best show but it has interesting characters and story arcs that are interwoven throughout the whole season. Rick and Morty however is just a bunch of random crap, where Rick pulls some new invention out of his ass or gives some sci fi babble that makes no sense. Everything Rick does may as well be fucking magic. It's a "smart" character written for dumb people
>>
>>87540409
>>87540613
I worked 10 hours today so i wont be watching it today(or tomorrow too probably) but im hopeful
>>
>>87540806
You described the show rather than its fans, the latter of which my post was actually about.
>>
>>87538740
But its because Bojack doesn't like Mr. PB in the first place that Mr.PB wants to form a relationship at all.

He can't stand that Bojack doesn't give a shit about him. Mr. PBs interest in Bojack is entierly selfish in nature wether he realizes it or not.
>>
File: Bojack real.jpg (100KB, 1169x1654px) Image search: [Google]
Bojack real.jpg
100KB, 1169x1654px
It's "dark and depressing" but this year you can tell they tried harder to make it that way and it comes off as forced and less interesting to watch because of it.
>>
>>87540773
I'd like to give her a full mouth.
>>
>>87531144
>The stand your ground law is a valid defense for Zimmerman
That wasn't actually used for him. He had standard self defense stuff.
>a woman shoots her abusive husband in the middle of a violent attack and she gets life
Women don't get life sentences. Trust me.

>>87531709
The end few episodes of season 1 are very good. Keep pushing through.
>>
>>87537384
>You just learn to accept the faults and live with them.

Yeah, but MPB and Diane have legitimately no chemistry at all. Diane is just using his positive aura to escape from her own issues.
As you see throughout every season, Diane and Bojack have by far the best chemistry and are totally natural on screen with eachother. It might not work as a sexual relationship, but as I said in the other thread, I suspect the show will end with Diane and Bojack realising the worth of their deep trust and friendship with eachother and be okay with that.

Also Todd can fuck off an die, why the fuck is he even in this show?
>>
>>87537493
>what fucking women's studies class brain washed you?

Living with a woman for five years mate.
>>
>>87541023
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2930214/Wife-jailed-20-YEARS-firing-warning-shots-scare-abusive-husband-finally-walks-free-legal-campaign-against-unfair-Stand-Ground-law-infamous-George-Zimmerman-s-trial.html
>>
>>87540890
not him, but most of Bojack fans(inb4 posts from exeptions of this rule) are depressed alcoholics, because they relate easily to the main character, while R&M fans are mainstream geek type.
>>
>>87541035

>Diane is just using his positive aura to escape from her own issues.

Pretty much this. I like her as a character, but I feel like she picked Mr Peanutbutter based on what she thought she needed as opposed to what she actually wanted.
>>
>>87535733
You do realise that movie/tv shows get pressured by orgs like GLAAD and the like to hamfist their propaganda into the writing right?
>>
>MUH DEPRESSION
>MUH FEELS

bojack is the only show in the world i'd unironically consider a reddit show
>>
>>87535733
Wow, you faggots really are triggered by everything.
>>
>>87541266

Worse than Rick and Morty? At least Bojack attempts telling actual stories.
>>
>>87541154
I'm confused what that source is supposed to be arguing.
>Didn't use deadly force
>Didn't stand her ground
>Got fucked by different broken laws
>Got unfucked because women never get life sentences
>>
>>87539716
>>87539761
REALLY early in the season with Bojack saying that he wishes he could say "fuck you" to his mom but disappointed that she can't recognize him.

>>87540318
2>1>4>3

>>87540613
3 is generally inferior to the rest. 2 has the two single best episodes of the series on the comedic and dramatic fronts, so it takes the cake.

>>87541154
She fired a warning shot. That is a fucking awful idea in a self defense situation since it basically says that you weren't fearful for your own life and warning shots weren't legal in Florida at the time. Zimmerman was acquitted since he actually shot to kill in the situation that he was in.
>>
>>87541307
Also Bojack actually develops it's characters.
>>
What's wrong with fracking?
>>
>>87530349
>I would argue that the cycle of Bojack fucking up, then apologizing and fucking up againg gets little boring and repeating
See, I would be mad at this, but Todd called him out on it in S3. It's a purposeful fault of the character that has been addressed, and something they I hope they come back too.
>>
So do the animal people have animal genitalia?

>>87541476
Disrupts quality of the water table and causes instability in the general area since what it is is cracking a hole, liquefying the stuff down there, and pumping it up to the surface. The main concerns are the pumping liquid seeping into groundwater, and you get people claiming their well water is flammable (that one was a hoax, but there are genuine concerns).
>>
>>87534950
I felt that the man message was to not let your sexuality define you which is the opposite of what a lot of SJW shows do.
>>
>>87541476
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%27s+wrong+with+fracking%3F
>>
>>87541576
>SJW

>>>/trash/
>>
>>87535733
Except that everyone on the anti-gun side is a hypocrite of an idiot. The ban all guns solution is clearly a jab at how liberals solve problems by simply banning things rather then address root causes.
>>
>>87541572
Was it hoax? You can find easily YT videos for those like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Fw3v5gNtA
>>
>>87541700
Show me where in America liberals are banning all guns.
>>
>>87541763
DC, California, NY, NJ.
>>
>>87541854
I don't know why I expected a truthful answer.
>>
>>87541348
>She fired a warning shot. That is a fucking awful idea in a self defense situation since it basically says that you weren't fearful for your own life and warning shots weren't legal in Florida at the time

I don't think women who are fearing for their lives necessarily think straight, or even want to kill somebody. They're not trained like cops. they're not following a fucking playbook. I think they mostly just want to not die. I feel like this is a pretty retarded thing to say desu, can't sugarcoat it, it takes two seconds of thinking with any kind of imagination to guess why she might not have shot to kill.
>>
>>87537457
Replace mouse with Jewish and PC with Egyptian/Palestinian.
>>
>>87537680
As someone who's grandmother was given electroshock therapy due to having a nervous breakdown from her abusive husband that episode hit pretty close to home.
>>
>>87541928
They tried in illinois to de facto ban guns by making permits nearly impossible to get (like NJ currently has) but they were declared unconstitutional. DC has been pushing for better gun laws more recently though. California and New York have less strict limitations but potentially as bad at various levels of government. Cali also successfully confiscated legally owned guns in the past on a limited scale.

>>87541935
Cops are basically untrained. What you can argue with a warning shot is that they genuinely did not fear for their lives or they would have shot to kill (repeatedly) because that's what works. It's more of a legal argument than an open and shut defense but people who do these things lose in court every time.
Want to live > want to die. Every time, in court and elsewhere.
>>
>>87539543
I liked those ones but all the rubbing in your face of look how shitty this time period was to women, wink!

When shows/podcasts/people, etc take that tone it always seems like morally righteous self-fellatio, like ooh, look how dumb they we're back then, we're so smart and enlightened now.
>>
>>87540773
I loved Hollyhocks voice.
It didn't sound quite like anyone else and made her feel real.
Who was the VA?
>>
>>87542139
Fuck off, crybaby bitch. If you are offended by jokes mocking that 50's mentality it's because that is your mentality. If you're so fragile, go find some hugbox to nurture you.
>>
>>87542180
>>
>>87541154
Warning shots don't exist. If you are in fear of your life/life of others you shoot center mass until the threat is stopped or you don't shot at all. It's that simple. Warning shoots are illegal because that bullet you just fired into the air has to go somewhere and you have no control of who or what it might hit on the way down.

Also zimmerman become a case of pure self defense when trayvon decided to bounce his head of a gutter.
>>
>>87539431
Or, fuck off
>>
>>87542036
Christ anon, I'm sorry.

That's why I feel strongly about >>87542139
we shouldn't look at the differences in culture in the times and congratulate ourselves about how better and progressive we are, but that stupidity is often a result of blindness and ignorance. 50 years isn't all that long ago in the scale of human civilization.
>>
>>87542139
The whole point of the flashback episodes was to show how his mother's fucked up childhood made her the way she is. If they didn't show her and her mom being mistreated what would even be the point of them?
>>
>>87542207
You seem pretty upset about what I wrote anon.
What, did I stomp on your feel good SJW circlejerk?
>>
>>87541763
There are groups who ultimate end goal is the ban all guns. The problem is if like IL you go to far the supreme court steps in and reverses it.
>>
>>87530657
>the gun control thing almost made me drop
It was pro-gun though.
>>
>>87542404
I get the point of the flashbacks, it was some of the jokes felt too on the nose.
Again, I would ream grandmother horseman whats her name pre lobotomy
>>
>>87541935
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. If you own a gun it's your responsibility to know how to safely handle it and the laws surrounding it's use. No different to driving a car.
>>
>>87542400
>we shouldn't look at the differences in culture in the times and congratulate ourselves about how better and progressive we are, but that stupidity is often a result of blindness and ignorance. 50 years isn't all that long ago in the scale of human civilization.

This.
It's not like humans from 2067 will be like "Yup, we figured it out years ago and these guys from 2017 have got totally the same moral viewes as we have today."
>>
>>87542544
>Ignorance of the law is not an excuse
He just explained to you why the law may not be the biggest concern on a person's mind at that moment.
>>
>>87538276
I think it's supposed to be a joke about housekeepers not speaking English.
>>
>>87542804
Doesn't matter what's on their mind. Ignorance of the law isn't about saving your life immediately, just in the long term. Ideally the cops won't bring it up but if you go to court over it you'll 100% lose if you fuck up the law. The law doesn't exist to save lives.
>>
>>87542896
You're one dense nigger.
>>
>>87542400
I agree the sad reality is that at the time things like ECT and lobotomy's where the only real options available because the drugs used to treat mental illness didn't exist back then. So your choices where to keep someone permanently sedated or try out something like a lobotomy and hope you didn't cause to much permanent damage.
>>
>>87542804
While it may be a mitigating factor when it comes to court claiming that at the time you weren't in the correct mental state it doesn't absolve you completely. Same as if while trying to flee from your abusive husband you accidentally ran someone over because you weren't paying attention, the cops could still charge you for reckless driving and manslaughter.
>>
>>87542928
Not him, but is there in US laws like "equivalence of the force". At least where I live there is such rule, which basically mean, you can't use execive force compared to the one that you're being assulted with. In theory it was set to prevent situations where you shoot 67 rounds from your AK-47 ath the neighbour that threatens to beat you up (but actually doesn't even wield a knife or is serious about his threats).
>>
>>87542941
I don't think there was also much therapy then, certainly not much respect for it
>>
>>87536866
The fact that someone on the internet posted that women want to be raped doesn't imply that rape is accepted, celebrated or anything else by our society or in our culture. Furthermore, the video games you mentioned more closely parallel warfare than a mass shooting; most of the men who play them probably idolize soldiers and combat, not murder. When men play these games they envision themselves as soldiers and get a positive feeling which prompts them to continue playing. The fact that many women get a positive emotional boost from empathizing with a protagonist who is subjected to sexual violence and male dominance, is troubling.
>>
>>87543150
>Not him, but is there in US laws like "equivalence of the force"

Not him, but is there in US laws like "equivalence of the force"? *
>>
Episode 2 was rad. I loved the different timeline shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1qibZlWS04
>>
>>87543179
>I don't think there was also much therapy then

You could get black out drunk back then, which is basiacly like being sedated.
>>
>>87543150
>>87543190
Equivalence of force matters in non-deadly crimes. Fearing for your life is enough to legally justify killing someone in self though. That's why cops who shoot unarmed people don't go to prison, they genuinely (or not) believe their lives were in danger.
>>
The only real criticism I have of this season was that they made Princess Caroline infertile. It felt too forced just to make her story darker. Though, even then, the way they handled her reaction to that was still very satisfying to see. She really is becoming one of my favorite characters in the show.

But that spot still belongs to Bowjack. He came off very strong the season. He's still incredibly flawed, but he has really learned how to live his life better. Learning to let go of the past was the main theme for him this season. He didn't make any major fuckups that harmed his relationships with people he cared about, and he even managed to forgive his mother at the end. He knew that making her miserable would not amount to anything, and he realized that he can be a better son to her mother, at the twilight of her life. He also learned to be a better parent than she was.
>>
>>87543179
Why do you think so many war vets became alcoholics?
>>
>>87543286
Princess Caroline's looming infertility was a thing in previous seasons, actually.
>>
>>87543248
>Fearing for your life is enough to legally justify killing someone in self though.

Ok, that what I was interested in. In my shitty country it isn't enought. You would go to jail for shooting someone armed with just a knife.
>>
>>87543350
What country is that. The courts might not believe you where in genuine fear of your life if the person you shoot was just standing there at the time. But if the ran at you then you shoot them you would have a much better chance of being acquitted and yes it dose suck that you will still have to go to court because the cops will charge you regardless of circumstance.
>>
File: nerdhighfive.gif (2MB, 460x378px) Image search: [Google]
nerdhighfive.gif
2MB, 460x378px
>>87540318
>4>2>1>3

Wholeheartedly agree
>>
>>87543509
Poland.
On the other hand getting perimt to own a gun is so hard that almost no one has one. I'm interested how it works in US, because there were various case where people were jalied because they acidentaly killed muggers in self-defence.
>>
>>87529614
not dropping on s01e01 O_o
>>
>>87539431
man, who cares about what you believe or not?
>>
>>87543186

CoD is not a military sim, and has very little to do with being an actual soldier. Being an actual soldier is not about foiling military conspiracies and slaughtering thousands of terrorists while being able to recover any injury by crouching down for thirty seconds. Regardless of which, you'll notice that being a soldier in Call of Duty does not involve the endless tedium of training and drills, but the mass killing of hundreds, if not thousands, of enemies. The single part of being a soldier that appeals to people playing Call of Duty is killing, and this is no more or less disturbing than a woman having non-con fantasies.

I went to the cinema recently and was amused to see an advertisement for the British Army (be the best that you can be, etc) running consecutively alongside an advertisement for a PTSD support group and charity for military veterans. The fantasy of being an invincible action hero mowing down unambiguously evil cartoon caricatures is a far cry from the actual experience of being a soldier, which involves, amongst many other things, being mailed home in several pieces after getting blown up by a IED-carrying child.

The same logic applies to whatever non-consensual fantasies women may or may not have. Fifty Shades of Grey does not involve a woman being yanked down a street by her hair with a knife to her throat by a smelly stranger threatening to slit her throat if she screams, it's about a powerful, handsome and charming man playing a seductive game with a woman in which every instance of sex is consensual and in which the woman willingly submits control to the man. In any fantasy in which rape might play a part, the key word in that situation is fantasy, and thus about a million miles removed from real life. Much in the same way that BDSM fetishists don't attempt to kidnap actual people and initiate hostage situations, if any woman did have a non-con fantasy, it wouldn't be anything remotely resembling an actual stranger rape.
>>
>>87542099

Fearing for one's life does not mean knowledge of the absolute certainty of death, though, so the legal argument itself is pretty flawed.
>>
I couldn't even watch season 2 of this shit
>>
>>87545253
>>87543150
>>87543509
>>
>>87545253
Well they have to believe it or convince a judge/jury they did. Actual risk to your life's not required, defending yourself basically overrules all other law. Of course it's easier to disprove you fearing for your life if you DON'T kill in self defense.
>>
>>87545372

>>87543248
>>
>>87537669
Seems like bojack atleast ended on good terms with his dad, bojack doesnt absolutely hate him and he goes to his funeral, and even gets mad at his mom when she shit talks him, bojacks father probably realized what a true piece of shit he was with the maid situacion and probably reconciled with bojack
>>
>>87542277
ayy lmao
>>
How much of Bojack's father was in previous seasons? I don't really remember seeing him that much. It was weird getting so much of him at once, but through Beatrice's eyes instead of Bojack's.
>>
>>87543338
Oh, must have forgotten about that.
>>
>>87530323
Dan Harmon is a fucking nutjob thats why.

Most of bojacks episodes are written by women and are vastly better in quality.

Shame Bojack never got the recognition it deserves, nobody knows about it.
>>
>show gets hijacked by feminists
>quality plummets through earth's crust

Every time
>>
>>87530323
By having four seasons of female writers and directors.
>>
>>87530698
the PC episode was the first Bojack episode that really hit me hard. The instant downward spiral of a seemingly healthy relationship into the breakup was so perfect and brought up feelings I'd forgotten I had
>>
>>87546590
Shut up about Rick and Morty already, no one cares. Go make your own thread about it.
>>
>>87546642
Just because it happened to r&m doesn't mean I was talking about r&m. Bojack was never this in your face about its feminist crap. It was low key before this season.
>>
>>87531683
That's not reality tho desu. Plenty of women I know carry emergency pepper spray or even a handgun with them, but none of them have ever had to use it. Women get passive comfort from knowing they have it more than anything
>>
>>87531131
>The only "bad" episode was one about gun control which was only bad because the feminist victim complex shit was forced down your throat. It's really weird because the rest of the season has been surprisingly centrist and perfect in that regard.
I guess the jokes went over your head, the show is a meta parody of California, fuck im aussie and even i can see that, even funnier since we banned guns here.
>>
>>87546592
>>87546552
>>87540381

Meanwhile people are saying the season 3 of rick and morty is shit because of female writers. Feels like both SJW's and anti-SJW's are fucking retarded
>>
>>87534950
The whole premise was that Todd is never the one who explores it. He shuns talking about it or using it to define himself when all the characters around him want to use it to categorize his identity
>>
>>87546913
The difference is that Harmon hired women off Twitter to prove a point
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
>>87546913
>Feels like both SJW's and anti-SJW's are fucking retarded
>>
>>87539926
Rick and Morty fans love it when something happens that makes them identify with a character. Bojack fans hurt a little bit deep down when they see that they relate to a character or situation
>>
>>87546913
No shit

t. middle of the roader
>>
>>87541266
(you)
>>
>>87541476
Nothing when done 100% correctly and has the proper oversight and planning involved. Fracking is perfectly scientifically sound.
Too bad Fracking is almost never done correctly, is done on the cheap, has expanded at insane rates that the oversight can not keep up and Corporations don't give a fuck because every time they get fined, it's like 1% the amount the well makes in week anyway.
One of the actual times on Plebbit astroturfers have legitimately been 100% red handed caught out, it's been pro-fracking astroturfers.
>>
pc chasing off Ralph was the stupidest fucking thing she's ever done. Dumb bitch.
>>
>>87529614
Bojack Season 4 > Rick and Morty Season 3.
>>
>>87547623
>I've had five miscarriages.
>Maybe we should consider other options.
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>87530797
>tfw dealing with relatives fading away and watching that episode
That's too much, man
>>
>>87547707
She basically blindsided him with all this shit and REEEEEE'd until he left. Guy was loving and caring as fuck and she flipped her shit and ended it all in the span of seconds.
>>
>>87547623
>>87547763
I hope they're just taking a break and not over. If they loved each other I could see this happening.
>>
>>87546913
There were women writers since the start of Bojack. They helped establish the world and characters.

In Rick and Morty they were brought on and the staff had to adjust to them instead of together. You know that cuck harmon brought them in and said "Ok team, these are smart funny women and whatever they say goes!"

I am not saying women can't be funny, but I know if you want consistency you don't change the formula. R&M had a good formula, but for me season 3 feels so off, the humor and the overarching divorce plot bring the show down for me.

How the hell do I find Bojack enjoyable? I often find Bojack more of a tragedy then a comedy at times yet it is consistently funnier and more emotional then the cheap toilet humor R&M still does to be "Subversive".
>>
>bojack writers think the bbb has any power, much less the power to dissolve businesses
>>
>>87548178
>It's a joke
Do you think they would allow a business to use real rabid clowns? Especially without any waivers.
>>
>>87548250
"they" being who?
>>
>>87547623
seriously that was kind of bull shit, the way she ended all her good relationships for pretty much no reason kind of turned me off. i really wasn't convinced by her break down considering how trivial all the bad things were compared to the good things she got from juda and the mouse guy
>>
>episode 11
That fucking destroyed me. The realization that Hollyhock is Bojack's half-sister floored me, the fragmented memories of a fading old woman hit too close to home, seeing Beatrice's life from her point of view, that ending. Just fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
>>87547763
>>87547707
She was drunk after having maybe the worst day of her life. I didn't like it either but it seemed to be one of those moments where you're supposed to realize a character is making a big mistake. They'll be together again next season I'm guessing. They have good chemistry.
>>
>oh my God you gave me this thing I dreamed of
>THIS IS NOT OK YOU ACTUALLY TOOK SOMETHING AWAY FROM ME AND NOW I'M GONNA HAVE A BREAKDOWN
Diane is the worst
>>
>>87549611
>feminist has a hissyfit after a man tries to do something nice for her
who could have seen this coming
>>
>>87549700
Is Peanut butter our chad?

Bojack is obviously our guy

holly our fillie?
>>
>>87530797
Man I remember the last time I saw my great grandmother she was basically just a dead person breathing. You can tell by the eyes, there's nothing there. I'd genuinely rather be dead and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna an hero if I find that my mind is going to fade before my body.

The Princess Caroline ep was the saddest for me, her episodes always get me more than other characters for some reason. Maybe it's how functional she is, yet still broken, when the rest are obviously broken and dysfunctional
>>
>>87549832
Mr. PB is the chad friend we pretend we don't like having around
Bojack is us
Todd is the friend who makes us feel a little better about ourselves (so we keep dragging him down to our level unconciously)
Hollyhock is the poster of a cute anime girl on our wall. We want to protect that smile.
>>
>>87549611
Diane is literally a less successful Bojack with a vagina. She's the obstacle keeping her from her happiness, and she blames everyone else for her dissatisfaction but herself.
>>
>people actually watch this piece of shit

lol, it's worse than archer, and that's really saying something
>>
Young butterscotch was fucking hot. A spitroast with him and Mr pb sounds great.
>>
>>87550039
waaaaah, stop enjoying things i don't like angry emoji
>>
>>87550162
t. netflix shill
>>
>>87550205
>Can't think of any real comeback
>Not witty or social
>virgin

I will call him a shill! That will give me some cred!
>>
>>87550451
you will delete this post immediately
>>
I hate this show.
>>
You, a fat virgin loser: Bojack Horseman
Me, an intellectual: Rick and Morty
>>
Maybe it's just me but I liked the second half of the season far more than the first half.

Still I'm glad the show has kept a pretty good quality even four seasons in. It seems like less and less shows can keep it up
>>
>>87546705
Low IQ viewer
>>
>>87546705
>Bojack was never this in your face about its feminist crap.

Hank Hippopotamus, nigga. Do you even watch this show?
>>
>>87550746
>Hank Hippopotamus
No need to bring your mom into this.
>>
>>87550746
There is a difference between hank's story and the shit they pulled this season. Hank's was a parallel gag based on David letterman that mostly dealt with sexual harassment. This season we have such gems as "wow I can't believe America hates women more than it loves guns" and "I'm asexual I'm asexual I'm asexual" "I have eight dads in an open polyamorous relationship"

The difference is subtlety and nuance and in that regard this season had fucking none of it
>>
>>87550816
>wow I can't believe America hates women more than it loves guns
Literally the worst part of the season. Go on any gun board, including /k/, and it's obvious that most people don't think women shouldn't have guns. It's generally the opposite, with a lot of people saying women should carry for their own protection. It ticked me off.
>>
>>87550686
this

although some of the off the wall episodes like the fracking arc was hilarious
>>
>>87550859
>women should have guns
women shouldn't even be behind the wheel
americans are so dumb
assalaam alaikum
>>
>>87550686
No absolutely, the second half was by far the best of the season. Once it got all of the sjw shit out of the way to focus on bojack/holly/Beatrice the show was much more enjoyable.
>>
>>87550913
I think everyone should at least learn the basics of gun operation. It would go a long way towards dispelling some of the myths and fear around them.
>>
>>87550816
>>87550859
I thought the comment was that now that a mass shooter was a woman and not a man California decided to go overboard and ban guns altogether.

because they felt that women were unstable and emotional and therefore more prone to mass shootings.

Although as a gun advocate I am pro women having CCP.
>>
>>87551144
Did you forget about the Tumblr pos-- I mean article Diane wrote and narrated about how wimmins are afraid in the streets of big dirty men catcalling and blah blah blah basic bitch Tumblr feminist women are afraid talking points that happened before all of that went down?
>>
>>87541348
>2 has the two single best episodes of the series on the comedic and dramatic fronts, so it takes the cake.

what episodes are those?
>>
>>87550816
>Hank's was a parallel gag based on David letterman

Hank's story was mostly based on Bill Cosby's, which is still ongoing.
>>
>>87551590
Get Schwifty is definitely one of them.
>>
>>87551689
Since he was a renowned talk show host and the letterman thing was going on at the time I'm fairly certain it was about letterman. Especially since hank was accused of sexual misconduct and not full blown rape like letterman and not cosby
>>
File: uwmuoufplikx.jpg (893KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uwmuoufplikx.jpg
893KB, 1920x1080px
>Those feels when Princess Carolyn's future great granddaughter never finishes her story because it was fake
>Those harder feels when you realize PC was just narrating her day
>>
The whole Mr Peanutbutter, runs for Govenor, doesn't then does, then does then helps the Govenor... what was the fucking point in this arc that lasted what... 1/5th of the run time of the Season?

Was it really just a fucking swipe at a "celebrity" running against a capable candidate and winning aka well we know what
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310KB, 580x282px
>>87551742

That sort of blindsided me... the worst thing in the damn season.

>Oh she has a great Granddaughter... everything eventually turns out ok... oh... oh god no...

I went for a walk and just sat in the park for a while after that
>>
>>87551740
It was like Cosby in that it was well known in entertainment circles, yet he had an extremely clean image to his audience. It was like Cosby in that it suddenly became a "thing" once one person spoke openly about it (i.e. Hannibal Burress).
>>
>>87550859

Huh? That statement wasn't anti-gun, that episode actually seemed to me to be pro-gun, it's just that California was stupid and whipped into a mania. It's disingenuous for you to prevent that quote as though it was the actual message of the episode.
>>
>>87551389
No I didn't.
>>
>>87551814
>the great granddaughter was wearing the necklace
>>
The opening credits song keeps reminding me of Stick RPG
>>
>the gun episode ends with "LOL AMERICA WOULD RATHER GET RID OF GUNS THAN LET WOMEN HAVE THEM"
>meanwhile one of the most common pro-gun arguments made by Republicans and Libertarians is that women benefit hugely from having a gun since women are physically weaker than men, and a gun is a great equalizer
>The only side that argues women shouldn't have guns is the Left, and they argue that nobody should have guns at all, except cops, but cops are also evil and racist

I fucking hate it when this show gets political
>>
>>87552141
we already have guns largely banned here in aus it hasnt done fuck for gun crime
>>
>every time Diane held a gun she had zero trigger discipline
Liberals ruin everything
>>
>>87531312
>>87531683
>>87546737

Men are more likely to be victims of random violent crime than women are.
>>
>>87552171
how do you lot not get the joke?

Liberals cannot be trusted with their own protection, wish the show would go full redpill, they should since the creator is a jew.

its bascially a more realistic drawn together
>>
>>87552171
Why would she know of trigger discipline? She's a liberal girl living in Los Angeles.
>>
>>87550949
But anon, then we'd have mass shooters using fully semi automatic assault weapons with extended clips
>>
>>87552199
i love how she harps on about muh guns while dissing fracking

fucking hilarious

i love how /tv/ and "/pol/" posters pick on this shit show and call it bluepilled when they cant even discern between deep layers of irony/satire and straight up propaganda.
>>
>>87552162
Oh, I know very well, seeing as I live in Australia too.

It hasn't reduced violent crime. It hasn't even reduced gun crime - the trend stayed exactly the fucking same (though with a spike in general violent crime after the gun ban before returning to the downward trend it was on years before the gun ban)

It's almost as if making guns illegal just means that criminals are the only ones with guns because they don't care about laws

And the criminals that either can't get a gun or don't want to risk the extra time for having a gun just use a fucking knife, because even if you're quite well trained in hand-to-hand combat, it's very hard for an unarmed person to defend themselves against someone with a knife
>>
>>87552254
>reciting feminist talking points verbatim is just "satire"
>>
>>87552254
Wow, even big oil has shills on /tv/, apparently.
>>
>>87540318
4>3>2>1 (even if as someone said the constant cycle of Bojack fucking up, feeling depressed, being sorry then fucking up again gets repetitive)
>>
>>87552281
Diane isnt a mouthpeice of t he left she is a fucking derranged nutjob sjw whos portrayed as such
>>87552279
>It's almost as if making guns illegal just means that criminals are the only ones with guns because they don't care about laws
this
>>
>>87551778
Guessing it was supposed to be a trump vs clinton thing and they had to change it last minute after trump won.
>>
>>87551778
are you >implying Hillary was capable?
>>
>>87552386

I don't give a fuck about who did or didn't win... i'm pissed we lost some... what amounts to several episodes on some tedious political commentary that wasn't done very well, had no impact, wasn't funny and was forgotten about the episode after the arc finished.
>>
>>87542036
electroshock therapy actually works though, and is still being used today, I should know because I administer it to my patients. Stop your bitching, your grandma couldn't have been harmed by it, its just an epileptic fit that she couldn't have felt.
>>
What is the fucking pink animal who asked Todd out?
>>
Who else here grew respect for Beatrice Horseman because of the fact that she learned from her own mistakes and forced Henrietta to give up Hollyhock, so the two of them ultimately ended up fine and didn't repeat those same mistakes.
>>
>>87534382
I think people read too much into R&M, although I started expecting deep revelations about Rick it's become more and more apparent that they're just going with the mentality of "that's just who he is" instead of exploring his psychology in any meaningful way but Reddit or whoever else thinks that there's all these hints (which there are) that amount to something deep (they amount to nothing at all)
>>
>>87547007
Did he actually do this? Sauce?
>>
File: axolotl[1].jpg (75KB, 850x590px) Image search: [Google]
axolotl[1].jpg
75KB, 850x590px
>>87554707
An axolotl
>>
>>87554962

I thought these things were mudkip photoshops

fuck me, theyre real
>>
>>87554962
Thank you
>>
>>87551778
I know you probably weren't born yet, but "Celebrity being involved in a recall election for gov of California" is riffing on Schwarzenegger, not r/thedonald
>>
>>87530797
I was tearing up but the episode pulled me away from the mood by revealing that horse girl was Bojack's sister, not his daughter.
>>
>>87542488
As far as cartoon horse people go, grandma horseman was indeed pretty hot
>>
>>87534950
I hated the Todd arc because I can kind of relate to him. I have people (mostly liberal friends) forcing this "asexual" identity down my throat just because I have no interest in sex. And even if it might technically be true I just hate the label and everything that comes along with it. Todd going to "asexual meetups" and looking at the way they depicted all those characters is a reminder of exactly why I hate the label.

>>87550816
The show is a satire of how ridiculous California can be. I think we're supposed to be mad at Diane for being so hypocritical and retarded on the topic of guns, we're supposed to find the eight dads in an open polyamorous relationship thing to be bizarre and therefore funny.

Either that or I'm reading too much into it. But this show seems to be mostly making fun of Hollywood and Californian culture.
>>
>>87540318
3's final few episodes > 2 > rest of 3 > 1
I haven't finished 4 yet, but I would put it above 1 but below 2 and 3 so far.
>>
>>87555074
I heard you like mudkips.
>>
File: Yep.jpg (263KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yep.jpg
263KB, 1366x768px
I live in California.
The gun episode wasn't very funny but it was on fucking point.
Also, pic related, that map is great.
>>
>>87551742
I was kind of expecting that to end with Bojack stepping on her "real" pendant in his house or to have something where Bojack replaced it.
>>
>>87530323
the style of show is better suited to being written by either gender
>>
>>87529614
The real question is: is it as shit as S3?
>>
>>87530657
I spent ten months of my life being homeless and these Duplex bourgeois women writers want to tell me how safe I should feel? They can fuck off.
>>
>>87554850
She was still a shitty mother who took out her dissatisfaction of her own life on Bojack
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.