[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If he can transform into anything, why doesn't he just transform

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 34

File: IT.jpg (33KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
IT.jpg
33KB, 600x350px
If he can transform into anything, why doesn't he just transform into a dragon and eat everyone?
>>
dude.... it's just a movie....
>>
I guess it's too proud and arrogant for that. It wants to play with its victims and marinate them in fear, not just slaughter them.
>>
>>87517604
Why didn't he keep allahu akbaring factories?
>>
Doesn't it feed on fear?
>>
because it was injured billions of years ago fighting an incomprehensibly large turtle and can't do much of shit nowadays
>>
Why didnt he just transformed his way into mordor?
>>
He would miss out on his dinner if he ate them.
>>
>>87517784
irl dragon would be pretty scary desu, my thinking was that because it can be harmed by physical objects it wouldnt wanna show up in a form where it will feel the full might of a worlds military
>>
>>87517784
He feeds on kids but they taste better when they're scared.
>>
>>87517837
>it wouldnt wanna show up in a form where it will feel the full might of a worlds military
It only shows itself to certain people.
>>
>>87517784
Yes and OP is being a fag, a nufag if you will since he is ignoring a major plot point that is literally outright said at the end of the movie before they "kill" IT.

Also can only take forms based on the fear of specific people.
>>
>>87517604

It stays most of the time as a clown because it's what kids fear the most. It considers the act as "seasoning the meat" before he devours them.
>>
File: Freddy_Krueger.jpg (2MB, 2370x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy_Krueger.jpg
2MB, 2370x3000px
Objectively the better child molester
>>
>>87517604

He transforms in Rhodan and Paul Bunyan in the book.
>>
I want Penny to pop inside me.
>>
>>87517604
If he can transform into anything why doesn't he do something with his receding hairline?
>>
>>87517604
>>87517784
>it feed on fear

Then why won't he tranform into Drumpf?
>>
>>87518018
bald people invoke horror and disgust
>>
>>87518036
what do you mean anon, he's a clown
>>
>>87517604
Because he can only do as much as you're scared. He can't even eat, ya until you're actually scared.
>>
Pennywise a cute, a C U T E
>>
What is IT's true form?
>>
>>87517604
I don't know man. Why didn't It go to a big city instead of settling for some bumfuck town in Maine?
>>
>>87518036
>Implying IT didn't.
>>
>>87518077
incomprehensibe glowing orange mass, scales, lights that kill you when you look at them
his true form best expressed in this world takes the form of a weird lookin spider
>>
Why didnt they show what happened to Pennywise's two minions?

Will they be in chapter 2?
>>
>>87518078
>I don't know man. Why didn't It go to a big city instead of settling for some bumfuck town in Maine?

Or a warzone? Or a refugee camp?
Is IT the only one of its kind?
>>
>>87518116
no, but it is the last of its kind.
>>
Was there orgy scene? Drider? giant space turtle?
>>
>>87518143
no, next movie, next movie
>>
I can't believe a poem company hasn't done a parody of the train scene
>>
>>87517804

You people think of some strange headcanon
>>
>>87518143
There was never an orgy in the book.
>>
>>87518143
>>87518162
>next movie, next movie, next movie
ftfy
>>
>>
>>87518131
Maybe it's trying to play it safe by staying in sleepytown USA. Maybe previous IT's went big and eventually got btfo'd for their trouble. This IT is content with staying low key and only eating a kid every once in a while, thus never becoming more than a local urban myth.
>>
>>87518036
WOAH

TOPICAAAAAAL!

WOOOAH
>>
>>87518178
FAKE NEWS
>>
File: russianmissile_cc_050814.jpg (116KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
russianmissile_cc_050814.jpg
116KB, 780x520px
I mean, since the current movie takes place during the cold war, he could have just turned himself into a bunch of soviet missiles and nuked the entire country
>>
>>87517604
>ben kisses beverly
>not mike

dropped, I don't care if this is the scariest movie since the invention of the fucking camera. Because of that one little detail, the movie is automatically shit.
>>
>>87518177
this. as if stephen king would do anything as stupid as that.
>>
>>87518218
Having sex with each of the boys one at a time in turn is not what an orgy is.
>>
>>87518226
He needs fear, not just death. Could have gotten creative and become a fire and brimstone preacher maybe?
>>
File: IMG_9081.png (176KB, 345x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9081.png
176KB, 345x433px
>monster feeds on fear
>>
>>87518226
>>
>>87518254
>He needs fear

i mean, they called it the Red SCARE for a reason, anon
>>
>>87518241
I thought Bill was the one that she's into?
>>
>>87518116

It went to the middle of nowhere. Before Derry, before people. And it marked Derry, influenced Derry's growth and probably restricted it so that things would stay quiet.

I would hazard that it has relatives. Like whatever gave birth to the Crimson King
>>
>>87518177
look stephen king books get weird
>>
File: 1500603776561.png (147KB, 327x388px) Image search: [Google]
1500603776561.png
147KB, 327x388px
>>87517604
He's a weird cosmic horror that feeds off the life force it instills fear into and is able to feel what you fear it mostly just wants to feed off of you. It has a weird not so distant relative that does the same thing but it makes you laugh. IT chose very specifically what it wanted to do every step of the way.
>>
>>87518131
wait, does the book say it is part of a species?
>>
>>87518245
Touche'. Thought you were the faggot from the other thread saying it was cut from the final draft.
>>
>>87517804
Was Stephen King the turtle ?
>>
>>87518254
He doesn't need fear. If you read the book he will pretty much kill and eat anyone, but when he eats someone who is terrified, they taste better. And kids scare easier so they're his main target./
>>
>>87518285
It tells Bill (i think its bill) that its the last of its kind while they're having some fucking mind battle towards the end of the book.
>>
I need to watch the movie again but was there a brief glimpse of a huge monster (perhaps the spider) when IT was defeated and disappeared down that dark well?

The basement scene earlier made it seem like IT was being pulled back like he was a lure for an even greater monster.
>>
>>87518178
yeah, it was gangbang!
>>
>>87518265
Nobody cared about it. It was a hot topic when talked about but he honest, how much time do you spend thinking about North Korea? Same concept. Maybe IT could become some military man and visit a family and scare them into thinking a Russian is attacking them?
>>
>IT
>Eats people
How did I miss this??!
>>
>>87518309
no, but the being that created the turtle did create the real life stephen king in our world, for the purpose of telling his stories so that one character in one of his book series will know what to do by reading those books. if stephen king dies before finishing all his books every world will be destroyed.

according to stephen king
>>
>>87518327
Exactly. I fucking hate when /tv/ uses the wrong terms.
>>
>>87518327
No faggot, she never took on more than one. They ran a train.
>>
>>87518178
I wish this were true.
>>
>>87518036
No one could conceive what Drumpf would become in the 80s.
>>
i jerked off to the sex train when i was younger
>>
>>87518267
she's into all of the boys, or rather, all the boys get into her.
>>
>>87518226
>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 63 / 7 / 28 / 1 [Up
You're right that would have made a much better movie. God I'm glad we have such auters here on /tv/ to come up with such great idea.
>>
>>87518326
IT is the spider they're creatures from Roland's world in Dark Tower. They go travel from reality to reality to wreak havoc.
>>
>>87518313

But It only partially consumes people. The Losers think that it's possible It eats people physically because thats what kids think monsters do. That expectations set rules that It has to obey because of It's glammer.

The way It being a Werewolf made it vulnerable to Silver
>>
>>87518313
Then none of the fucking story makes sense. They based the fuck out of it with rebar. They- a bunch of kids. Also it closes doors on them that conveniently open. Also it stops pursuit.
Be real son, it's powered on fear. Otherwise it would have basically LET them go in every scene of this film. It had millions of chances and instead kept fucking with them when it could have killed them, even when it was in danger.
>>
>>87517618
>just a movie

Also a book and a tv miniseries
>>
>>87518348
They ran a train on her. That's not what an orgy is.
>>
>>87518329
Wut?
>>
>>87518399
>They based the fuck out of it with rebar.
that only worked because they believed that beating someone with rebar would work
or something
>>
>>87518423
>IT
>Information Technology
>Consumes people just like facebook and twitter

Are you a fucking ass?
>>
anyone have the webm of him doing that dance or some shit?
>>
>>87518399
eh, i'm not going to get into too much of an argument here, but the book pretty clearly lays out that at the end of the day, Pennywise is just a lovecraftian creature that works in ways that don't make sense.

Also, It is extremely egotistical, and gets hellbent on not just killing the kids (which it could do at any time) but driving them insane with fear THEN killing them.
>>
>>87518423
Try phonetics
>>
File: 1504924339263.gif (2MB, 656x368px) Image search: [Google]
1504924339263.gif
2MB, 656x368px
>>87518451
>>
>>87518427
Nah nigger, fuck that. They but a spike through its head and it just retreated instead of killing them all there and then. If it wasn't because
>muh bravery lmao
Then IT is retarded and no longer scary in ANY respect.
>>
>>87518468
IT fully believes its the strongest thing in the universe, and only starts to self reflect a little bit as its dying for the final time. Silly IT.
>>
>>87518439
A better joke would be that IT sounds like EAT.

God you're a nerd
>>
>>87518481
full version?
>>
>>87518344
so your saying it was an orgy?
>>
So it has to live up to your expectations of a monster. I believe that monsters take the form of gfs who will gibe pusy
>>
>>87518505
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504948396349.webm
>>
>>87518481
This was actually a pretty good scene, but fuck me if the dancing out of context isn't funny as shit
>>
>>87518505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NtWZR97mxw
>>
File: wikihow dog.png (219KB, 664x520px) Image search: [Google]
wikihow dog.png
219KB, 664x520px
>>87518036
I swear to god that Stephen King is fucking autistic and mad enough to make a sequel where Trump is actually pennywise

>lul they're both ORANGE LMAO!!!!

The madman may do it.
>>
>>87518507
No, orgy is simultaneous sex, gang bang where one girl takes on multiple guys, this is neither, ask the guys waited patiently, it's a train. One after the other. Do you ever have sex?
>>
>>87518507
Nope. Nothing that could be described as an orgy ever happens in the book.
>>
>>87518178
You're right, technically they ran a train on her.
>>
>>87518468
>not doing cool shit before killings
No, that makes perfect sense. It's the idea that it would allow itself to get killed that astounds me. If their confidence doesn't impede it and/or it doesn't need their fear to function it should have killed them multiple times. Hell, they should never have gotten past the first encounters. Why didn't it kill Fatty then and there in the library. We've established that it's perfectly fine with multi-kills. He could kill the librarian and eat the fat-kid who's scared gormless quite easily.
Pride makes sense in a lot of ways. Wanting to harass and let them stew in fear waiting for a moment that they could never see coming.
Letting itself get killed is existentially invalid, Eldritch or not.
>>
Can a bookfag explain to me why Bev survives but the other floaters are fucked?
>>
>>87518573
the longer you're in the deadlights the more of you it takes
>>
>>87518573

that doesnt happen in the book.

bills wife is kidnapped as a lure in the future. she is hanging from a web. also in the movie, the floating kids are probably already dead.
>>
>>87518550
There's no way that we can unpack this with it making sense, since King is an inconsistent writer and he's writing about an inconsistent entity.

But maybe it works something like this: It's true form is the incorporeal orange deadlights. When it manifests physically, it turns into what you fear, and can physically harm you. But this also means that you can harm it if it's Form is something that can be harmed, like the werewolf and silver. So if you think you can rebar the fuck out of It, then you can.

The moral of the story is overcoming your fears and growing up, so this actually makes sense as Pennywise's weakness.
>>
>>87517604
>he

stop assuming it's gender shitlord
>>
>>87518318
>>87518382

i've heard so much contradictory shit about the nature and origin of pennywise. i heard it was a single creature born in a dimension outside our universe. i heard it actually IS the living embodiment of the deadlights dimension. now i hear it's part of a species.
>>
>>87517604
Why didn't they just beat him up? Should've knocked the cunt's teeth in when he was peeking out of the gutter
>>
the entire gutter sequence couldn't stop making me think of this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52xoRLh2dWw
>>
>>87517906
They really are the same especially when IT says " see you in your dreams"
>>
>>87518727
here's a basic gestalt on pennywise

>It is female
>It was born in the multiverse (space between worlds)
>It's true form are the writhing orange deadlights
>There are other similar creatures that may be the same species as It (Roland encounters one in the Dark Tower series) but we don't know for sure
>It's main enemy is a giant turtle which is probably also God
>>
>>87518522
I guess that's the point funny and scary at the same time like old pennywise
>>
>>87518077
The dead lights are the closest we get to seeing it's true form.
>>
Can someone tell me how opening the garage door dispelled him?
>>
>>87518830
did it(/she) survive?
i read here somewhere that its 'earthly avatar' or physical form here may have been destroyed, however ultimately survived

if not, was Pennywise Lives, Tommyknockers and other references just King trolling?
>>
>>87518731

They do. Literally the entire arc of the movie is them copping wise to Pennywise's tricks and then at the end they all curb-stomp the shit out of him and beat him to death with bats and fenceposts while acreaming at him what a stupid punk bitch he is.
>>
>>87518336
Very Grant Morrison
>>
>>87518909
It lives just not in that reality anymore
>>
File: solod.jpg (33KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
solod.jpg
33KB, 323x323px
LIKE EDDIES MOM LOL AMIRITE
was actually funny
>>
>>87518950
it is possibly it will regenerate and appear again, or is Earth off limits forever now?
>>
>>87518950
are we to assume it exists on multiple earths in multiple universes at the same time?
>>
>>87518909
there's probably nothing that can truly kill It, since it's a fundamental force of nature.

In Insomnia, King outlines the hierarchy of the strongest creatures in his mythos in the following way:

All Timers (cannot be truly killed, immortal): Pennywise, Crimson King, Roland, Gan

Long Timers (can be permanently killed, but live for ages): The short men, demons, vampires

Short Timers: humans
>>
>>87518993
In later books its hinted at the IT has tried to come back in some forms but is severely crippled.
>>
>>87517604
>tfw stephen king is a complete hack and only gets attention because he is a jew from a ruling bloodline family
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 2048x833px
>this is supposed to be scary
>>
>>87519062
Where does flagg stand on that hierarchy?
>>
>>87519062
>roland is an all timer
Nigger you what?
>>
>>87519124
it was probably the most unexpected scare of the movie
he fooken leaps out of a projection 20 foot tall
>>
>>87519137
Long timer, but he's much stronger than average.
>>
>>87519139
Did you miss the big reveal at the end of the last Dark Tower book or something?
>>
>Transforming into a dragon when the wyvern is objectively a more dangerous form
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>87519176
I read it but how does that reflect on Roland. He's in the midst of something, not a 'something' himself.
>>
>>87519124

Okay legit though, that scene is terrifying and the pic you posted is absolutely not the scary part. The scary part comes like literally three seconds after that when Pennywise climbs out of the projector image and into the garage, but he's fucking HUGE and comes stomping across the garage on his hands like some Attack on Titan shit.

It is one of the weirdest, wildest things I've seen in a horror movie in, like, a fucking while. Less "boo spooky jump scare" and more huge and over the top in the best way. I dug the shit out of that scene.
>>
>all these IT threads
>barely any mention of beverly

the newfags have fully taken over
>>
>>87519062
>All Timers (cannot be truly killed, immortal)
They can cripple each other, there is a theory that CK is the one who gave the losers the power to fight IT since the Turtle did die before the end of the book. Begs to question if the Turtle is a long timer since its confirmed he died.

>>87519137
Flagg is a agent I believe of CK. He is a long timer, hard to kill but not immortal, nuke didn't kill him.

Is he still alive? I never got around to reading the last few dark tower books.
>>
>>87519062
i kinda hope they ditch kings mythology for pennywise and they go with something different. though i hear pennywise will be in castlerock.
>>
If it feeds off fear why did he just talk to gerogie instead of turning into his biggest fear? He bites gerogies arm off which would make him the most scared he's been his whole life, why does penny-wise bother turning into your biggest fear when literally everyone would be scared shitless if a demon clown but their arm off? Why doesn't he just go around town biting arms off, letting his victim crawl away shitting themselves in fear and agony and then eat them? If it can turn into a giant 20 foot tall monster why didn't it do that when the kids were fighting him and he could just kill them all? They showed that the scary stuff is only real if you believe it, like when they made the girl with no legs disappear when they accepted that it wasn't real, but it seemed like if they accepted that penny-wise wasn't real he could still just eat them. Good movie but it didn't make much sense
>>
>>87519203

That part doesn't show up in marketing because it is easily the best scare of the entire movie. I guess they (shockingly) decided not to spoil it
>>
>>87519219

No. He was eaten by Mordred, the spider baby.

It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>87519198
A better way to phrase it may be that the "Gunslinger" is an All-Timer that opposes the Crimson King. Roland is the only Gunslinger we are aware of, and is also millennia old, if not older. He just isn't aware of his status until he reaches the end of his journey each time.
>>
>>87519259

King was coked out of his mind when he wrote it, it's never made that much sense. It approached Georgie in a completely different way to the others. He tried to make him not scared, if anything.

You could say taking one kid down the drain starts pouring fear into all the other kids, but really that's just some bullshit. Only explanation is Pennywise just likes to fuck around.
>>
>>87519259

You're trying to read it too literally. I don't think he calculates all that tactically. He's a monster who likes to eat kids, and especially likes if he can spook em first. And he's in no particular hurry, because he has an entire town under his thrall and can feed at his leisure.
>>
>>87519229
if it turns out he's some sort of Will-O'-The-Wisp that would be actually neat.
>>
>>87519055
Yeah he's a cosmic force with (((magical))) ablilites
>>
>>87518907
Projections can't be since in bright light.
>>
>>87518116
Derry is kind of like It's ant colony that it's built over centuries. It has complete control over the town, which is why the adults never notice how kids keep getting eaten, or don't do much about it even if they notice.
>>
>>87518485
It's stronger when its victims are afraid, so it's not that crazy that it's weaker when they're brave.
>>
I greatly enjoyed and was not expecting what an asshole troll Pennwise is. So many good moments where he pops in unexpectedly for a jump scare, and it works, but then if you actually look at him you realize he's just having a blast.

There's a part where [fat kid whose name I don't remember] is getting chased through a library by a headless jittery claymation lookim boy corpse from the easter ironworks explosion -- and when he glances over his shoulder for a sec, it's Pennywise, and he's like "EGG BOY" and does this fucking goofy jazz hands things. It's hilarious and scary as hell at the same time.

They really do a good job making Pennywise into this goofy Vaudevillian spookmaster who loves to fuck with people. You half expect him to break character and be like "Ha ha no, I'm just joshin ya, we like to have fun"
>>
>>87519324
Pennywise fucking around is perfectly acceptable. Him getting ganked by some kids is stupid. If he's this all powerful thing he should have just fucked them up. The film explicitly pushed the 'he can't hurt what doesn't fear him' angle, which would explain the scaring of kids before consumption.
It would also explain why he can fuck with people even after they're 'brave' because to be brave is to act despite fear. The idea itself is predicated on a the basis of a previous state of fear.
He creeped on Georgie. Made him comfortable, got super quite all of a sudden (which makes anyone shit themselves), took his arm with that fear and then took him with the fear produced from his lost arm.

The book explanation seems loopy. They should've just been eviserated. The 'were-wolf' thing I hear vaguely getting referenced makes sense through. It might be beholden to the laws of its host. If you fear fire water would harm him ect ect. It makes him more mysterious and hard to drop.
And before people say a clown would be harmed by rebar, no one considers that a clown, they consider it a demonic force i.e beyond physical harm - which it was until their final confrontation.
>>
>>87518573
Didn't happen in the book, also the floating bodies weren't in the book either.
>>
>>87519486
Cool thanks. I had interpreted floating as drowned or discarded victims bobbing around the sewer. I wasn't expecting flying corpses.
>>
File: IMG_9139.jpg (66KB, 855x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9139.jpg
66KB, 855x347px
>>87518358
Scott Adams could. Then again he's a genius and King is a hack.
>>
>>87519124
It's not intended to be viewed as a still image. It's the build-up and then the sound/motion that makes it scary.
>>
>>87519062
>there's probably nothing that can truly kill It, since it's a fundamental force of nature.
Woah sounds like some super powerful godlike entity. Wait a minute...
>Is a demon clown that lives in a sewer in Maine and needs to eat kids for nourishment
Why did King overhype the fuck out of his cool lowly demon character?
>>
>>87519462

They don't kill the monster though. They just beat up Pennwise, one of his favorite manifestations. It's the equivalent of destroying a finger-puppet and breaking the monster's finger, and then the monster pulls back its arm for a little while to regroup.
>>
I mean in the book he does become Paul Bunyan so I don't see why he couldn't be a dragon.
>>
>>87519542
Except by the end of the book it's all but perma banished from earth as I hear it. It got super rekt. Hell, it was even trying to bargain with them.
>>
>>87517604
Why doesn't he transform into a superhero, solve every major conflict in the world, and then go on a highly-publicized worldwide rape marathon to make everyone feel really confused?
>>
>>87519124

You can take a still photo of anything and it won't be scary. That scene was scary as fuck.
>>
>>87519538
you should read Insomnia, it's even worse.

>Crimson King at the height of his godlike power gets btfo by an old geriatric man because he turned himself into a fish

Never forget that Stephen King is a hardcore drug addict and alcoholic
>>
>>87519062
>>87519139
>>87519219
Hi fellow towerfags. What was the Dark Tower movie like? Did it have an ending or did it look like they were setting up for a sequel?
>>
>>87519446

> that goofy jittery fist-pumping shuffle-run he does
>>
>>87519576
Pennywise is a like a good changeling player. Sure he needs to spook people for glamour but unless he's a munchkin piece of shit he doesn't optimise it for min-maxing and instead does it personally and with superfluous flair and detail.
>>
>>87519602
>black Roland
>multiple books in a tiny ass run time
>focusing on the urban setting rather than the fantasy stuff
>implying I'd watch that trash
No.
>>
>>87519203
God you type like such a redditor. Chill out.
>>
>>87519621

This.

Pennywise is a (pretty transparent) metaphor for the horror author himself. He's like an orchestra conductor. A maestro of spooks. The dread and ritual and the game of "why did that light click on in that room, I better go investigate" is all part of the act.

He's almost like a horror game designer.
>>
so why did they remove the cosmic turtle from the movie?
>>
>>87519203
This. You guys are ruining any chance of enjoying this movie for yourselves by taking stills out of context, I promise.
>>
>>87519644

I don't know what that means.
>>
>>87518077
a drider
>>
>>87519674
because this shit is too goofy and works well only in the book.
>>
>>87519685
You have to go back.
>>
File: poor little kraut boy.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poor little kraut boy.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Why didn't Pennywise turn himself into Hitler and gas a Synagogue?
>>
>>87519486
mystical webbing, because it all goes back to the spider analogy. just like how pennywise uses fear like a spider uses venom.
>>
Could Stephen King write a novelization of the JoJo series without it being hackneyed?
>>
>>87518102
Fucking arachnophobes
>>
>>87519746
Stephen King can't write to save his life. All he has are ideas. Even then he was at his prime between 17-23.
>>
>>87519746
>Could Stephen King write

lol not anymore. his latest books are hilariously awful. decades of extensive cocaine use really does scramble your brain.
>>
>>87519780
>>87519797
I still want to see King's work compared to anime, seeing as it's the anime of the literary world. Joseph Joestar would wreck the dancing clown. Someone with Twitter let King know.
>>
>>87519674

There were some mentions Chapter 2 will be more foused on IT and his backstory. Which is convoluted as fuck and I seriously doubt the second movie will be on par with this one. The kids were too good, well, at least there's still Bill Skarsgard.
>>
>>87519519
The book implies that the "float" literally means shit. As in, Pennywise eats the kids and shits them out.
>>
>>87517604
It's a book, dude. That will never happen in real life, so it don't have any logic.
>>
File: b_sk.jpg (42KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
b_sk.jpg
42KB, 640x960px
so how was he, /tv/?
>>
>>87519827
>The kids were too good
They'll be in the sequel quite a bit. They saved some scenes for flashbacks.
>>
>>87517604
He's a spider, thw whole town of Derry is his nest. He purposefully manipulated the town to be built around his needs.
>>
>>87519259
>like when they made the girl with no legs disappear when they accepted that it wasn't real, but it seemed like if they accepted that penny-wise wasn't real he could still just eat them.
I think the idea is that Pennywise himself is real, but the illusions he creates are not. So disbelieving in him won't do you any good.
>>
>>87519869
Pretty good, but missed the mark in certain scenes.

I thought the appeal was that Pennywise was attractive to kids at first, if you come out swinging with spookiness why would any child approach you?
>>
>>87519943
Except that it's supposedly the reason Bev wasn't immediately deep 6'd. At it's the reason they weren't all slaughtered in the crack den house.
>>
If "It" is "female" why does it imply that its "true" name is Robert Gray?
>>
>>87519945
I hate to be the fag that keeps saying "but in the book..."

But book Pennywise is rarely attractive to the kids ever. King even says that he thinks all kids are generally afraid of clowns. There's only one or two parts where Pennywise is initially friendly to kids to lure them in.
>>
>>87519967
I thought she was deep 6'd at the end of the book
>>
File: pennywise.jpg (125KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise.jpg
125KB, 600x300px
>>87519945
>if you come out swinging with spookiness why would any child approach you?
That's a fine argument as long as you're not saying that this clown was at all approachable.
>>
The movie premise is retarded . Who the fuck thinks clowns are scary anyway ?
>>
>>87519884
this means we could still get the orgy scene! yipee!
>>
Because she is a huntress. She likes to prey on her victims before killing them.
>>
>>87520020
Children do. That's the point.
>>
File: oh yes.gif (2MB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
oh yes.gif
2MB, 500x246px
>>87519993
>>
>>87519993
I'm saying in the film. They distinctly made an argument as to why not being afraid of or believing in, Pennywise weakens it. There are loads of examples and most followed explicitly by that explanation.
>>
>>87520031
It's not an orgy.
>>
>>87519973
the robert gray shit is never explained and i'm pretty sure King just forgot about it
>>
>>87519973
Her sex is female, she just choses a different gender when getting to the "real world". Like the Dragons from Dungeons and dragons.
You just can't go against the quote from the book where she calls herself "the eater of worlds" and Bill called her "sister".
There's nothing wrong with her being a female.
>>
>>87519945

What
>>87519987 said.

In the books IT was basically constantly taunting them and being freaky. I think Bill nailed it. He looked like a clown, but something was always "off" about him. Tim Curry was basically a wacky clown.
>>
File: 1504727715303.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1504727715303.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>87519593
>Never forget that Stephen King is a hardcore drug addict and alcoholic
Was*

He's sober now and his writing fucking sucks because of it. The sequel to the shining, Dr. No Sleep, has the kid grow up to be an alcoholic who finds AA and quits drinking as a shitty stand in character. The books is one of his worst.
>>
>>87519987
Hm, yeah idk where I got the idea he was supposed to be friendly at first

>>87520000
Except yeah, he's super nice and cheery in the gutter scene of this one, and Curry's Pennywise is far more jolly and clown like in this one too. I thought that was the appeal. Don't get me wrong, the new guy was far scarier to me, but I would have liked to see a strong swing back and forth between jester and murder monster.
>>
>>87520062
It is not, indeed. They come to her one by one, and it's an act of love an desire. It shows they are not innocent, nor kids anymore. This scene in the book is far from sexual. It's powerful.
>>
>>87520101
>shitty stand in character
Literally all King is capable of
>>
>>87520112
Why didn't he turn himself into a pickle?
>>
>>87519869
His design is way less inviting than how Curry looked. Sometimes he got a little too goofy and wild. Overall he did a good job, just wish he had more dialogue and less AWHAHWAHWHA while running frantically
>>
>>87520101
lmao I read dr. sleep too. It was genuinely one of the worst books i ever read. it's pretty sad actually. you can tell how much brain damage King gave himself over the years. Also he's clearly not over his issues since all of his books deal with characters on the edge of relapsing into alcoholism.
>>
>>87520116
No man, it's really seed and really stupid. I don't understand how he isn't called out on that.
>>
any cam rips of this up yet?
>>
>"Do your friends know that you're-"

What was he going to say?
>>
File: picklerick.jpg (28KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
picklerick.jpg
28KB, 888x499px
>>87520129
I downloaded this image off of Reddit.
>>
>>87518102
It's clearly a drider. It has arms.
>>
>>87520170
>... daddy's little whore.
>>
>>87520153

You don't have to like it, but it's a perfect closure. Besides, they don't speak about it anymore. She remembers it when she's making love with Bill.
>>
>>87518481
i fucking love this scene
>>
>>87520062
sorry, i meant gang bang.
>>
>>87520248
it's not either.
>>
>>87520153
King has been called out on it though. It's one of the most divisive moments in the book. King even said he regrets the whole scene to some extent because he "ignored" all the sexual implications
>>
>>87520129
>I turned myself into a pickle billy
>I'm pickle IIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>87518481
>Where did you come from, where did you go?
>Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?
>>
File: bypass.jpg (49KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
bypass.jpg
49KB, 500x503px
>>87517604
>>>/wsg/1868539
>>
>>87520109
>Hm, yeah idk where I got the idea he was supposed to be friendly at first
Probably like most people, the mini-series. The mini-series strips a lot from the book.

>>87520198
No you got it here, you guys talk about Rick and Morty more then reddit, shit you guys talk about reddit more then reddit. If this board was a person it would be that weirdly homosexual guy who talks about that one popular guy like he wants to fuck him while at the same time hating him.

>>87520203
>It's clearly a drider. It has arms.
This is clearly meme magic look at the shit posting.
>>
>>87519124
I wonder how many times a scene like this startles the editor while they're editing it before they're used to it.
>>
>>87519569
Because he never believed that anyone could actually hurt him. And they were blessed by God to end him (her).
>>
>>87520284
>ignored
>has all his child protagonists run a fucking train on the female protagonist
>required details like who she came with and who came with her
What were the other implications? I mean for real?
>ayyy she was flying and shit
>daddy said to never open her legs, how does he like it now
Fucking hell Stephen
>>
>>87520330
>No you got it here
I actually searched google for the image and the first result was reddit.
>>
File: 1504306479402.jpg (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1504306479402.jpg
1MB, 2000x3000px
>>87519462
>The 'were-wolf' thing I hear vaguely getting referenced makes sense through. It might be beholden to the laws of its host. If you fear fire water would harm him ect ect. It makes him more mysterious and hard to drop.
The book explanation isn't all that loopy. It's not so much about fear but belief. The power of true belief is a major theme in the books. The silver bullet they make hurts It when the children use it because the children *believe* that it should. If you have any doubt over whether It can hurt you then it can, if you have zero doubt that It can't hurt you then it can't (except when it possesses people).

There's also a little bit of cosmic mumbo jumbo involving the turtle helping the kids and the power of 7 - the losers originally number 7.

Another major theme of the books is the difference between adults and children. The kids have a much easier time defeating It because they are innocent and more easily able to believe that they can. The adults have a harder time because they have doubt and also because there's only 6 because one committs suicide rather than go back. There's also a sort of implied cosmic backing that the losers have. Two "normal" adults see It's true form and one's brain melts and the other goes instantly mad. The adults still have a way tougher time though and It fucks them up.
>>
>>87520395
>>
Do they run another train as adults?
>>
>>87520452
Neat. I suppose that all the ritualism and pretext the movie removes helps make all that feel grounded and believable.

I'm seriously considering giving it a read
>>
File: yes it does.png (538KB, 840x679px) Image search: [Google]
yes it does.png
538KB, 840x679px
>>87520455
>>
>>87517604
Because a dragon would make horny not scared
>>
>>87520152
>he's clearly not over his issues since all of his books deal with characters on the edge of relapsing into alcoholism.
Yeah, he always rights about what he fears the most. It's crazy to think King wrote It - a genuinely great book - and also Dr. No Sleep. I can't believe it's the same writer.

I hadn't thought of the brain damage angle... I always just assumed he was a better writer when drinking. Kinda bummed now desu.
>>
>>87520452
Do you think Stan saw something before commiting suicide? It asks ben "do you wanna see what Stan saw before killing himself?"
>>
>>87517906
>Nightmare on Elm Street 5
I fucking wish
>>
>>87518481
Pennywise' lair had really good set design
>>
>>87520523
>I'm seriously considering giving it a read
You should. It's fucking horrifying in a way that you can't do on screen but it's a LOT more than just a horror novel. King writes a lot of mediocre stuff but It is fucking great.

>>87520586
>Do you think Stan saw something before commiting suicide?
I think so. It can clearly influence reality outside Derry and went through great lengths to ensure they were successful in their lives so they wouldn't want to go back. The one thing it feared is the 7 of them coming back.
>>
>>87520101
revival was kino though
>>
>>87519824
Fuck off fag
>>
>>87517991
I want him to rape my intestines out.
>>
>>87519685
It means the autist disagrees with you and can't articulate an intelligent response, we also refer to this as sperging out
>>
File: YourEmbarrassingUS.gif (331KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
YourEmbarrassingUS.gif
331KB, 500x250px
>>87520523
>I'm seriously considering giving it a read
IT is one of his better novels honestly I put three on high regard the rest are pop fiction.

>>87520562
I was commenting on the fact you could have just went to catalog at the height of rick posting and find it. Why, for your reddit bit, I got it, you had to find a way to shove it in like a nufag.

I just don't understand why, why does it bother you so much you NEED to let us know its from reddit. Reddit likes everything, even 4chan. I could go to the 4chan reddit right now, 4chan is Reddit as fuck by this boards logic.

>>87520586
He had a flash back of the house and he knew IT was pregnant, its said near the end of the book when they find the eggs.
>>
>>87520455
>>87520330
Dumbass.
>>
File: IMG_0233.png (105KB, 2048x1556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.png
105KB, 2048x1556px
>>87518102
It's real form is a Nickelodeon logo?
>>
>>87520578
I think King is definitely a better writer when drinking, but he definitely fucked himself up. Both alcohol and cocaine cause brain damage, especially when you're using them consistently for years like King claims.

I also didn't assume King actually had brain problems until I found out that he said he literally doesn't remember writing Cujo. He doesn't remember an entire book (albeit a short book). There are parts of his mind that have actually disappeared.
>>
File: 1444337800329.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444337800329.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>87517744

>too proud and arrogant to make full use of its abilities and opts to just toy with its prey

The Tite Kubo school of villainy
>>
>>87519124
Scariest scene. The dance was my favorite though holy shit.

>Sign says "Pennywise the Dancing Clown"
>What? He hasnt danced the entire-
>Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Justshutup.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
Justshutup.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>>87520767
Triggered hardcore.
>>
>>87520738
Is it actually good? Dr no sleep was so bad it put me off king. I heard it has a fucked up ending and I really liked the end of pet semetary.
>>
>>87520724
Yeah, besides Stan was the only one who saw the the lights.
I don't know how to censore the spoilers, sorry.
>>
>>87520763
>I just don't understand why
It's funny
>>
>>87520847
Yes, you are.
>>
>>87520855
I don't see anyone laughing just some one getting mad I'm asking questions and pointing out how pointless the post was.
>>
>>87520763
>honestly I put three on high regard the rest are pop fiction.
What are the other 2 out of curiosity?

>>87520820
>I found out that he said he literally doesn't remember writing Cujo.
Jesus that's some scary shit.
>>
>>87520763

I cannot remember the flashback of the house. When was it? It's been a while since I don't read IT.
I thought he was scared to the bone when he saw the dead ones, that's why he would rather die than going back.
>>
>>87520894
>It's funny
>OMG You're so mad!
>>
I hate King as a person but I love his horror ideas, I think IT and Salem's Lot are my favorites, but now that I know he has brain damage from alcoholism and cocainism I understand a little more why he says a lot of the dumb shit he says and writes so many medicore/bad books
>>
>>87518481
Pure kino
>>
>>87520740
Who do retards bother bumping dead posts? What's wrong with this board?
>>
>>87518524
King has admitted that he'll never write about Pennywise again since even it scares him
>>
Evil clowns are only scary to children and women. This movie isn't scary at all. Filled with retarded friendship is magic bullshit and forced jumpscares. Only getting good reviews because it appeals to the NORMIE audience.
>>
>>87520905
>What are the other 2 out of curiosity?
Salems Lot and Cujo.

>>87520908
I might be remembering it wrong but when he got a call from Mike he flashed back.
>>
>>87520981
lul more like he knows his writing chops have disintegrated
>>
>>87520991
wow much brave such edgy very not coward
>>
>>87521024
This movie isn't scary at all. Maybe for children yes but not for anyone over 12 years.
>>
>>87520970
Why do you fags perpetuate baneposting, have /pol/ topics for half the threads, and think it's always sunny is the greatest thing god has made. Kys queer
>>
>>87517843

Wrong. It feeds on fear, but because kids often fear being eaten by monsters, it is compelled to eat them. Children are easy prey.

It is a slave to its own powers, so while it can assume the form of your greatest fear, it also takes on the weaknesses it has too. Belief in weakness makes it weak, which is why it was hurt when the gun didnt fire, Bill believed it was going to fire and It sensed that.
>>
>>87518523
didn't like the part after where he shows Bev the deadlights, she should be blinded and insane after staring into them, not in a coma until the stupid lovey kiss
>>
>>87520991
>Filled with retarded friendship is magic bullshit
I'm sorry you're alone anon.
>>
>>87521015
Haven't read Cujo. My top 3 are probably
It >>>>> Pet Sematary > Salems lot >>> everything else.
>>
>>87517604
it transforms into the fears of the kids, like in ghostbusters
>>
>>87519674
There's still a few nods. Bill picks up a lego turtle just before Pennywise tries to spook him to death with Puppet Georgie (him slamming the little guy face down legit caught me off guard.)
>>
>>87518481
What's with the shaky cam

His head looks photoshopped n
>>
>>87518481
Nothing brings more fear than a gopnik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7gFl7xnOE
>>
>>87521102
Cujo is great non supernatural horror story just about a giant ass rabid dog trying to kill a woman and her son.
>>
File: 1503841681723.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503841681723.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>Pennywise returns every 27 years
>The IT miniseries aired in 1990

gotta give the producers some credit for this
>>
>>87518367
hehehehe
>>
>>87521079
Audra gets back from them through the love of Bill. Bev scene is not canon, but it's not so out of the blue.

>>87521076

wrong. It literally says "they taste better when scared".
>>
>>87521150
thought it was more optical illusion-like, that It is making the room shake while his head stays perfectly still
>>
>>87521071
Why do you try to force yourself into places you don't fit into? Is it because with your anonymous online persona there's no fear of failure or ridicule?
>>
>>87521156
Why is every sterotype about Russians so ridiculously true.
>>
>>87518177
That is the real canon story though
>>
>>87517604
Because dragons are cool, no one is afraid of them
>>
>>87521156
>not posting the superior gopnik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1M3IPVcXs
>>
>>87517604
King designed him around what he thought a child would find the scariest. Clowns are easy to do. It works because he's so creepy to begin with. Plus it has that subtle pedo feel to it.
>>
>>87521256
>the cosmic, immortal space spider has a pedo feel to it
If you projected just a little harder you'd have a very open floor plan
>>
>Turns into what his victims are most afraid of
Then why he didn't turn into Commitment, Failure and falling into Oblivion against the adults?
>>
>>87518036
Because Gen Z kids love Trump.
https://youtu.be/d0cHDLcKLu4
>>
>>87521284
Yeah, it's not like predators haven't used Clowns as an entry level to getting close to children...
>>
>>87521297
Or better yet, aids?
>>
>>87518909

Somehow a part of the true IT broke through into our dimesion a long time ago, possibly prehistoric times, and crashed in what is now Derry. Humanity and its delciious fear woke it up, and it is a physical offshoot of its true self. It lays eggs and intends to take over this dimension with more physical copies of itself. Our IT and the true deadlights cosmic energy IT are connected, but not the same entity, the physical one is still it's own entity.

The losers beat it when Bill learns that he can sort of meditate into its dimension to talk to its true self, this distracts the seperate entities for long enough so the adult losers can smash the eggs and beat the physical IT, which is a spider-like monster (as this is the closest it can physically get to its true form).
>>
So the adult portions of the book weren't anywhere near as enjoyable. How do we save the sequel from being a disappointment?

I'd like to see more of the interludes like the black spot, the easter hunt, those gangsters getting gunned down. If there was one flaw in the film, it's that they didn't really focus on the town being Pennywise.
>>
File: 94137d_5668568.jpg (186KB, 1170x1051px) Image search: [Google]
94137d_5668568.jpg
186KB, 1170x1051px
>>87518116
No, IT is just one of several Demon Elementals, comically powerful Arcade monster that oppose the Guardians of The Dark Towers Beams. IT is the only one that enjoys eating children though.
>>
>>87519124
This and the fridge exit were my favorite
>>
Doesn't he transform into a giant black guy in the book? I swear to God I remember reading that and the guy who does impressions said he sounds like a poor Grandfather Flash.
>>
File: mfwCoopNeverGetshisMindBack.jpg (12KB, 236x345px) Image search: [Google]
mfwCoopNeverGetshisMindBack.jpg
12KB, 236x345px
>>87518036
>cosmic monster takes form as Donald Trump
>runs around scaring and eating beaners crossing the border illegally
Sounds like it could be used in a sketch comedy show but actually be funny
>>
>>87518481
I really liked this movie but I laughed out loud in the theater during this part.
>>
>>87521338
If you weren't hooked up to your phone you wouldn't know anything besides MAYBE John Wayne Gacy. Doesn't change the fact that you saw kids in a movie and immediately said "heh, I bet the bad guy will fuck them!"
>>
>>87521256
>subtle pedo feel to it
Not unlike Stephen himself
>>
>>87519062
Then how is Maturin dead by choking on a galaxy?
>>
>>87521360

The house battle was amazing. When it was about to kill Eddie and then it realized Bill and Richie were losing their fear, the dude playing the clown sold it really well.

When it was injured too and it started moving differently, very slow and stable, you could tell it was animalistic and inhuman. Might not have been intentional but it looked great.
>>
>>87521434
I said it was subtle, you fucking moron. You're defending this really hard, though. You hiding something? :^)
>>
>>87521436
it was dead because it puked inside his shell.
>>
>>87520981
Wouldn't doubt it. He's turned into a particularly slow witted nu-male if he wasn't one since the beginning.
>>
>>87518909

Hmmm, I think she would probably have survided, badly wounded, but alive at last. In dream catcher you have proof of this.
>>
File: 1504754103349.jpg (25KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504754103349.jpg
25KB, 854x480px
>>87521398
Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen https://youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM [Embed]
>>
>>87521501
/pol/-SJWs are the stupidest
>>
>>87521648
Yeah sure maybe the larpers (most of them) but they aren't the ones warping and redacting anything against them in surface level culture.
>>
>>87521485
Defending what? The immortal space spider that wants to eat humans? Don't back pedal and deflect now, you spastic. Just be glad the threads here evaporate.
>>
>>87518077
A giant rave spider
>>
File: AAA (2).jpg (58KB, 470x483px) Image search: [Google]
AAA (2).jpg
58KB, 470x483px
>the beatdown scene at the end
shit couldnt get any more hype
>>
>>87521748
Speak in English you dim-witted shitskin
>>
>>87521758
lol, because I care what a bunch of anons think about another anon... but thanks for the (you), tard.
>>
>>87517784
It feeds on sneed
>>
>>87521958
This thread shall now seque into sneedposting
>>
>>87521850
Lmao
>>
>>87519198
I kind of agree with this. Roland's JOURNEY is eternal; not Roland himself.
>>
>>87518673
Honestly they did a good job of displaying that with the impact gun working despite it not having anymore canisters. Everyone but mike thought it would work because they didn't know better so it did.
>>
>>87521958
It's Sit and Shit
>>
>>87518366
I did the same yesterday
>>
File: IMG_4063.png (254KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4063.png
254KB, 750x1334px
>>87519674
The director hates turtles
>>
>>87517991
I want to hug him and feel him hug me back not letting go ;(
>>
>>87520905
>>87520820
He also forgot making Maximum Overdrive. You also have to take into account that most of these comments and these books he's been writing have been after his accident. It's been a while, but if it were able to do significant enough damage that he wouldn't be able to just sit or lay down for long periods of time, it would be difficult to muster anything, especially anything worthwhile... Not to mention I would doubt that he went through the whole ordeal clean.
>>
>>87518830
>it is female

MOMMY
>>
>>87518830
also, a turtle is her fucking nemesis
>>
>>87522499
*installs adaway from fdroid*
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.