[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's good. You know it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 37

It's good. You know it
>>
I know
>>
I know
>>
>>87510574

I liked it.
>>
>>87510574
I was spooked and I had a good time
>>
>>87511074
I was spooked too
>>
>>87510574
I really liked it. It wasn't that scary, but I was entertained nonetheless.
>>
im going to see it in six hours
you better not be kidding me faggots
>>
File: 29.png (598KB, 1042x611px) Image search: [Google]
29.png
598KB, 1042x611px
>>87511074
this spooked the shit out of me
>>
>>87511101
I too, was spooked.
>>
>>87511190

Same, the shot after this one made my balls tingle a little bit.
>>
>>87511150
It's a good movie, but keep two things in mind:
1. You're an adult. You're not going to be pissing your pants in the theater, so don't expect to.
2. If you're a hardcore fan of the book or even the 1990 film, you'll notice that they make some changes.
>>
>>87510574

TJ Kirk hated it. So your opinions are all invalid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXoFCzbplss&t=0s
>>
>>87510574
How many cents per post do you make?
>>
I had fun watching it.
>>
>>87511317
I expect RLM will hate it. Not that I care.
>>
>>87511317

I hate that pretentious, miserable fuck
>>
I'm going to see it tonight.
>>
>>87511340

Doubtful, they're usually pretty chill on a movie as long as it's entertaining. Mike always goes on about wanting to have a clear cut plot with characters with obvious goals and that's what IT had.
>>
>>87511340
Mike will love it, Jay will hate it.
>>
>>87511317
>>87511317
literally who
>>
I just got back from seeing it.
Thoughts: Cutting Richies Werewolf was lame
CGI was bad
Not too spooky, although Georgie reaching for the boat kinda got me.
The literal floating was lame.
Pennywise and some of the kids, namely Richie and Eddie were great, while others, Stan and Mike, were terribly bland.
>>
>to many jump scares and hints of pedophilia
>relies on shit richie to bring in stranger things vibe with 2017 edge
>pennywise is a weak ass bitch who gets beat down by loser club
>>
File: okay.gif (992KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
992KB, 245x235px
>>87511388
>>
>>87510574
We know, people are just memeing
>>
>>87511505
I really wasn't into Finn playing Richie, although it was mostly due to me really liking Seth Green as Richie in the TV show. That being said, I thought he did a pretty good job at it
Beep Beep
>>
>>87511497
>CGI was bad
Disagree.
>The literal floating was lame.
I actually found that to be an interesting idea and visual. At the very least, I wasn't expecting it.
>Stan and Mike, were terribly bland.
Mike was always bland, but, yeah, they really Jew'd Stan out. That sucked.
>>
Solid 7/10, maybe low 8/10. Best horror flick in a long time
>>
>>87510574
So bad.
>Final conflict is the kids beating the clown over the head and body with metal pipes
>No satisfactory camaraderie between the Losers, it seems like Bev literally can't stand Richie
>They turned Stan from a secular Jew into a yamulka-wearing Chosen One
>No magic or magic rituals whatsoever, when the foreword to the novel reads "The truth to this tale is simple- the magic is real"
>Because there's no magic, consequently there's no epic backstory of Its origin (Smoke-Hole ritual)
>Victor Criss has a single line in the whole movie ("You alright, Henry?"), Patrick Hockstetter's character potential was beyond wasted, more like raped. Vic and Belch disappear from the plot with no explanation in the last quarter of the movie
>No Turtle or Spider
>Too much comedic relief in scenes they don't belong in, like the Apocalyptic Rockfight

5/10, bordering on absolutely horrible. Couldn't fucking believe what I was watching after about an hour. Somehow they couldn't even surpass the already low bar the miniseries set. Pathetic.
>>
>>87511505
>>pennywise is a weak ass bitch who gets beat down by loser club
Same thing happens in the 1990s one. I can't quite remember how it went in the book. Something about biting each other's tongue?
>>
>>87510574
I can't believe so many people give a shit about a shitty horror movie written by a hack.
>>
1. No Tim Curry
2. They blew the the "floating" thing way the fuck out of proportion
3. No giant spider
4. Pennywise wasn't funny enough
5. He's not actually a clown
>>
>>87511572
>Mike was always bland

WHAT the fuck did you just fix your mouth to say?
>>
>>87511600

>no turtle

You contrarian fuck. Half the shit you listed would come across terribly on film.
>>
>>87510574
It's not good, it's great
>>
>>87510574
>horror movie just came out
>people on /tv/ praising it as the best thing ever
this pattern happens with every complete shit horror movie that comes out
I had some hope for this before the threads started popping up here
RIP it
>>
>>87511607
at least they used battery acid and silver with their belief to fight him
>>
>>87511600
>>87511638
Already know not to take you retards seriously when one of your criticisms is "No giant spider"
Just fuck off
>>
>>87511600
>>Final conflict is the kids beating the clown over the head and body with metal pipes
I kek'd in the theater at that part, but not in a bad way. It was hilarious, but still good.
>>No satisfactory camaraderie between the Losers, it seems like Bev literally can't stand Richie
That's not true. They group hugged once or twice.
>>They turned Stan from a secular Jew into a yamulka-wearing Chosen One
The bigger issue is that they got rid of his logician/boy scout angle.
>>No magic or magic rituals whatsoever, when the foreword to the novel reads "The truth to this tale is simple- the magic is real"
MUH RITUAL OF CHUD
>Patrick Hockstetter's character potential was beyond wasted, more like raped
Ah ha ha, you really wanted that handjob scene, didn't you?
>>No Turtle or Spider
Ah, it took me this long to get your satire. Sorry.
>>
>>87511600
they had the lego turtle tho
>>
>>87511638
Oh and also.
6. Changed from 50s to 80s
7. Made it seem at the end like people didn't know this was only the first half
>>
>>87510574
it was okay
>>
>>87511600
>>Final conflict is the kids beating the clown over the head and body with metal pipes
This is good
>>No satisfactory camaraderie between the Losers, it seems like Bev literally can't stand Richie
This is false
>>They turned Stan from a secular Jew into a yamulka-wearing Chosen One
Literally what
>>No magic or magic rituals whatsoever, when the foreword to the novel reads "The truth to this tale is simple- the magic is real"
This is a good thing too
>>Because there's no magic, consequently there's no epic backstory of Its origin (Smoke-Hole ritual)
The origin story is shit, they should cut all space shit altogether
>>Victor Criss has a single line in the whole movie ("You alright, Henry?"), Patrick Hockstetter's character potential was beyond wasted, more like raped. Vic and Belch disappear from the plot with no explanation in the last quarter of the movie
Not true
>>No Turtle or Spider
This is another good thing
>>Too much comedic relief in scenes they don't belong in, like the Apocalyptic Rockfight
This is the best part of the movie

Conclusion: severe autism
>>
I already want to watch it again
>>
>>87511669
>Oh no, people are saying a movie's good, that must mean it's bad
Are you just pretending to be mentally deficient or?
>>
File: it-spider.jpg (32KB, 650x526px) Image search: [Google]
it-spider.jpg
32KB, 650x526px
>>87511670
Only in Part I. In Part II, they literally use MMA moves to kill the fighter.
>>
>>87511600
>This is the state of /tv/ """""movie criticism""""""
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>87511641
>Bill
stutterer
>Ben
fatty
>Bev
poor
>Eddie
weak mama's boy
>Richie
loud mouth
>Stanley
skeptical, no nonsense boyscout
>Mike
???
>>
>>87511726
I'm saying it's the same pattern every time
I think it has to do with hyped up horror movie coming out so all the normies go see it and they are easily impressed.
I don't think the first impressions of /tv/ on any movie is worth anything really but when it comes to horror this place to be especially wrong.
>>
>>87511600
Oh and I forgot the most egregious thing.
>In the Bullseye chapter of the novel, Stan is bugging the fuck out, Bill grabs him angrily
>Ben thinks, "Don't hit him, that's Henry's way". Then swells with love when he realizes that Bill is just forcefully turning Stan around so he can grab the birdbook out of his back pocket.
>"Alright so let's create a scene where Bill rocks Richie in the face for telling the truth about his brother being dead because violence is fine when you're emotionally unstable"
>Stephen King endorses the movie

What a fucking piece of shit marketing rig. The trailers gave the book fans such a sense of false hope that I was eager to see it for months even with the drastic timeline change. I don't know when Hollywood writers are going to realize that the source material for SK novels WRITES ITFUCKINGSELF. Rob Reiner always makes the lasting classic SK adaptations because he sticks to the goddamn source material. Dolores Claiborne, Stand By Me, Misery. It's almost pompous of some fucking Hollywood Jew writer to think that he has better storytelling skills than one of the 20th century's best writers. AND IT MAKES ME SICK.
>>
>>87511791

Okay then mr. patrician

Name your top 5 horror films of the last decade

>inb4 horror is a shit genre hurr
>>
>>87511729
atleast this wasn't cgi. it looks pretty good for early 90's tv miniseries.
>>
i'm waiting for rlm to tell me what to think of it
>>
>>87510574
Part 2 will be critically maligned as Fukunaga will have had no input on the script. It'll be a generic horror film.
>>
>>87511791
>I only trust muh 24/7 shitposters
Ha ha, are you serious?
>>
>>87511854

You are incorrect. It looks like shit. The closeups are fine, when it's in motion though it all falls apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpb0Kh3e2GE
>>
>>87511893
Part 2 will be critically maligned, because it sucks in the book.
>>
>>87511833

Why do you care about the movie if you already have the book? Just fuck off and enjoy it while normal happy people go see the movie
>>
>>87511600
>no gangbang

that was the losing point for me
stopped watching after Bev didn't get raped by her dad
>>
>>87511893
I really hope Fukunaga writes or has his hand in it. The dude is so damn talented but I guess he's difficult to work with
>>
>>87511648
It's contrarian to expect a major character from the book to be included in a film adaptation /of that book/? You think it's okay that one of the three non-paranormal villains has a single line in the whole 2 hour+ film? You think it's okay that 2/3rds of the non-paranormal villains vanish from the movie entirely at the end? If it's a horror movie, why not kill them off as it happens in the book? Less horror in a horror movie is better now? You think a worthy climax for a movie about a paranormal entity is beating it physically with metal objects? What the fuck is wrong with this board? Even if you don't take into account the book or miniseries, it's a really bad horror movie based off of traditional horror tropes. You don't kill off the paranormal super villain by bludgeoning it to death. You kill it with silver, a cross, faith, the Ritual of Chüd. You don't just beat it with rebar pipes and call it a day.
>>
Sweet, will def download once the WEBDL drops.
>>
>>87510574
Thinking about taking someone to see this as a first date. Opinions?
>>
>>87511729
yeah don't remember the end but they pretty much melee the spider after some get trapped by the deadlights. weak ending but didn't the turtle help?
>>
6.9/10
Quit lying to yourselves
>>
File: 18m51fnyvv8rxjpg.jpg (113KB, 800x397px) Image search: [Google]
18m51fnyvv8rxjpg.jpg
113KB, 800x397px
>>87512013
I bet you got mad when the squid didn't show up in Watchmen.
>>
>>87512029
Write her a Haiku.
>>
>>87512013

You wish the fucking God turtle was in the movie. Idk what to say to you.
>>
>>87511842
>the grudge
>your next
>freedy kruger remake
>coherence
>rick and morty the halloween special
>the ring
>the ringu
>resident evil revolutions
>netflix's castlevania
>>
>>87512052
In the books, the turtle was already dead at that point. I don't quite remember how the battle happens, though.

In the miniseries, Bev shoots it with the slingshot in its abdomen, then after that they beat it to death with their fists.
>>
>>87511984
i don't think the books had bev raped by dad but was strongly implied. knew gangbang scene was not included but wanted to see
>>
File: 1490820016458.jpg (42KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1490820016458.jpg
42KB, 500x371px
What was the creepiest part for you /tv/?

For me was when the headless kid was following Ben, its erratic movements took me by surprise
>>
>>87512090

Lol fuck off
>>
File: metacritic.png (40KB, 640x281px) Image search: [Google]
metacritic.png
40KB, 640x281px
>>87512054
>>
>>87512052
No. There's no turtle in the miniseries.
>>
>le spooky clown man

Actual literal retarded baby tier fear
>>
>>87512110
Same. That and when it comes out of the fridge.
>>
>>87512142
IT is supposed to be a turtle in the Dark Tower series

but he doesn't appear in his final turtle form in the Nigga Tower adaptation either
>>
File: IMG_9204.png (447KB, 661x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9204.png
447KB, 661x485px
>Mfw he popped out of the projector
>>
>>87511920
Didn't imply anything like that, I trust my experience of /tv/ being absolute retards when it comes to anything hyped up and new.
Capeshits are celebrated here, it's not exactly some secret club of elite cinema connoisseurs discussing philosophy of film here.
>>87511842
So you can just mock me whatever I answer right? You do realize that requesting something like this after you got butthurt is bit dumb because there is only one out come when I answer anything at all.
I don't really do some ranking lists of things I like, I think that kinda mindset is tad retarded to be honest. There is just things I like and things I don't like, no need to make things more complicated than that.
But Witch was pretty good, felt fresh. Resolution also comes to mind as pretty good recent indie flick and horror has always been big on indie movies so it deserves a mention. Creep was also probably one of the better ones. Nothing else really comes to my mind right now.
>>
>>87512052
They didn't even try to fit the turtle into the miniseries. I've read that John Ritter was a huge fan of the book and when he'd ask people about the turtle they'd look at him like he was insane.
>>
>>87512029
Is she a finn fan?
>>
>>87512188
It was never the Turtle. The Turtle's the entity opposing It. Or just kind of existing after vomiting up the universe. Honestly, Gan's a pretty shitty god.
>>
>>87510574
at the risk of sounding like an anti-contrarian it looks fucking cool
>>
>>87512188
No, IT is the spider, the turtle is the good guy
>>
>>87512110
>What was the creepiest part for you /tv/?
Honestly, when he's dancing. The way his head was stationary was creepy as fuck to me.
>>
I seriously could relate so much to these kids. I saw the devil when I was a kid and I always thought nothing of it and considered it a dream. It wasnt until a decade later that my mom confirmed an event that was part of my dream, therefore it wasn't in my mind and the ahir actually happened.
Spoopy stuff.
>>
>>87512211
How do you know my cats name
>>
>>87512252
So do you go to church now?
>>
>>87511981
I don't care about the movie anymore obviously. The trailer led me to believe it would stick even further to the source material than the miniseries (even taking into account the timeline shift), so I became excited to see it. I'm still at a loss for words that the final confrontation with IT was literally a street fight with rebar pipes. Why is the metaphysical shit so off-putting to most people ITT? They said LotR was unfilmable, PJ stuck to the source material and blew everyone the fuck out. Shame such talented underage actors put in such great effort only to be betrayed by mediocre and lackluster writers. I'm 100% positive if Kubrick was still alive and agreed to write and direct, all the metaphysical stuff could have been done justice. Instead we settle for mediocrity every time. Horror movies have become formulaic, safe, and simply not scary. It's also a bastardization of one of my top 3 favorite novels of all time so there's a personal grievance here. The Dark Tower was just as bad and bastardized, only difference is that film got the negative critical response it deserved but this film didn't. Just to reiterate one more time: THEY DEFEATED AN ELDRITCH GLAMOUR FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNIVERSE WITH METAL PIPES.
>>
>>87511722
This

Loved it so much
>>
>>87512302
I've been a Christian since I was born. Baptized and everything. I don't go to church but my faith is unwavering, dunno why. I just feel it.
Still, some really weird shit has been happening lately in my house. This movie helped me with it though. I will try not to fear that thing anymore.
>>
Is it full of jump scares or is it more psychological?
>>
>>87512084
I would venture to guess you don't understand the Lovecraftian influence there. Which is fine as this isn't a literary board. But to say that something less epic is better than something more epic and mindblowing is just silly.
>>
>>87512374
A bit of both, but neither were really scary.
>>
>>87512309
To be fair, in the novel they fucked It up with a slingshot and Eddie kicking it when it turned into a giant eyeball.

Then the metaphysical shit happens, but you can still hurt it with physical shit.
>>
>>87512309
THANK you.
>>
>>87512052
was talking bout the book
>>
>>87512309
>Just to reiterate one more time: THEY DEFEATED AN ELDRITCH GLAMOUR FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNIVERSE WITH METAL PIPES

I thought they weren't fighting his true form? More like a tiny fraction of his power because anything more wouldn't make it into their dimension?
>>
>this actually turned out quite well

Biggest surprise of the year.
>>
>>87512227
that looked tryhard as fuck
>>
>>87512440
This is correct. It lives in the deadlights (or is the deadlights?) in the Macroverse/Todash space. The clown is just its avatar.

Kind of like how in MvC when you play as Shuma Gorath it's just part of him and not his whole body because Shuma actually manifesting means the universe is fucked beyond repair.
>>
>>87512397
>the turtle
>lovecraft
When I was in college, I was ditching class in the library one time, and I stumbled upon a book someone left on a desk. It had Stephen King interviews in it. So, I started flipping through it, and came across a passage that read something like this:
>interviewer: So, I have to ask about the turtle in It.
>sk: I'm tired of answering questions about the turtle. I'll answer, but this is the last time.
>sk: I once heard a story of a guru who told his pupils that the earth was held up by a man
>sk: one of his more precocious students asked, "what does that man stand on?"
>sk: the guru said "a turtle; now stop asking questions"
>sk: and that's where the turtle comes from
>>
>>87512309

Ritual of chud is garbage.
>>
>>87512468
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down
Its an actual thing.
>>
>>87512101
In the second Ritual, Bill despairs when he sees the Turtle's corpse and Richie finishes off the Ritual. I can't help but wonder what the point was in including the "thrusts his fists..." line in the movie when it only really becomes relevant in the Ritual. It's like the writers assumed every single viewer had seen the miniseries before watching the remake. You would literally be confused by parts of the movie at times because they don't explain things. Bill repeating a tongue twister a couple of times throughout the movie doesn't really serve and purpose whatsoever. What, is he finally gonna be able to say the phrase without stuttering when they bring their Uzis to the second fight against Pennywise in Part 2? This film is a complete mess. What other line of dialogue did Victor have that I'm missing? I'm quite sure he only said that one, inconsequential line. It's Belch who semi-protests when Henry is carving the H into Ben's stomach, not Vic. I'm asking in earnest what (if any) dialogue Vic had besides "You alright, Henry?" before Henry goes and gets the switchblade from the mailbox.
>>
>>87512309
You're an idiot. Metaphysical shit is unfilmable. You want just some random visual shit with a narrator? You would never be allowed to make film you faggot.
>>
>>87511317
He also shove a banana in his ass and poured hot grease on his balls. I think we're okay with out taking advice from him.
>>
>>87512548
>It's Belch who semi-protests when Henry is carving the H into Ben's stomach, not Vic. I'm asking in earnest what (if any) dialogue Vic had besides "You alright, Henry?" before Henry goes and gets the switchblade from the mailbox.
Now this is just autistic levels of pedantry. Henry's gang is not important. Henry is important. His gang isn't.
>>
>>87511340
nah. They fucking loved Krampus as a great atmospheric horror film with fantastic practical effects, and IT is that but better in a number of ways.

I think it'll probably be reviewed very well by them. They're suckers for that sort of thing. They also like The VVitch and It Follows, which are also similarly well-crafted atmospheric horror films with an emphasis on slow-burn scares and subtle creepiness over in-your-face shit.
>>
>>87511696
>7. Made it seem at the end like people didn't know this was only the first half

Woman behind me at the theater (who also screamed during the projector scene) actually said "Whaaaat?" when the "Chapter One" faded in and a few other people gave some "Ooooooooh"s. So. Yeah, there are legitimately people who have no fucking clue about the adult portion and probably never even saw the 1990's TV movie or touched the book.

It's the same with how the people I saw the movie with had no idea about the sewer gangbang until I told them about it after the movie when I was explaining the difference between the way Bev brought the group back together in this movie.
>>
>>87511022
Have you ever seen that movie the King and I?
>>
>>87512734
only the cartoon
>>
>>87511432
You mean Mike will love it, and Jay will be too scared to argue with him about it.
>>
>>87511981
Right yeah dude, how lame of someone to want something to be good. You're so cool and careless.
>>
>>87512309
>one of my top 3 favorite novels of all time
This is just sad.
>>
>>87511340
probably won't review I however thought that this new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

The movie itself seems to capture that 80s feeling we've seen in Stranger Things and other important work. Do your part and see it in theaters. Be a part of history.
>>
File: GotThisUnderControl.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GotThisUnderControl.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>87512755
>>
>>87512110
the scene with Bev in the bathroom.

You can overhear her dad watching TV in the background, and the TV is talking about some weird shit about how you can floar too if you find your friends down in the sewers--but it's not focused on at all. It just happens. Bev doesn't eve notice. It just sounds like background noise unless you focus on what is actually being said.

I absolutely freaked out. I tried to look around to see if I was going crazy or if someone else noticed that shit, too.

The obvious scares I can deal with. It's when it's something hidden and subtle that's almost unnoticeable but deeply disturbing that I actually start getting chills and sweaty. The only other horror things I've seen that have done that for me were the vvitch and amnesia: the dark descent. Both had a creeping, claustrophobic sense that you the viewer yourself might be going crazy and mishearing or seeing what is going on.
>>
File: 1503290964574.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1503290964574.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>87512440
Pennywise was the "true form" in this adaptation. They already made the promise with the Coke bottle/palm scars at the end, so the climax of the childhood timeline has come and gone. That was the secret to beating the monster: metal pipes.
And yes I understand that even in the book Its true form is susceptible to physical violence but when that's used, it's still in a magical sense, like Eddie spraying his aspirator down the Spider's throat, because he believed that it was battery acid. The soul of the book involves magic and when you every instance of benevolent magic out of the book while letting the super villain use as much as It wants, it doesn't work. What you're left with is a soulless horror/comedy with a final conflict more suited for a zombie movie than a paranormal monster movie. I can't even recall a single horror movie ever made that involves vanquishing a paranormal entity solely using physical force (in this case, bludgeoning with metal bars). They basically circumvented a timeless horror trope in the worst way possible.
>"How about, instead of having the malevolent evil magic monster get vanquished by benevolent magic protagonists, let's just circumvent that trope and just have the main characters be completely mundane, and kick the shit out of it physically instead?"
>"Brilliant idea!"
Are you people serious?
>>
Anyone elses cinema burst into fits of laughter during the library archive scene?
Was almost as bad as the Logan destroying a car scene.
I wonder if any of these fucks hive a shit outside of giggling with their friends.
>>
File: trumpcardllc.jpg (53KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
trumpcardllc.jpg
53KB, 876x493px
>>87512844
>Pennywise was the "true form" in this adaptation.
No, it wasn't.
>And yes I understand that even in the book Its true form is susceptible to physical violence but when that's used, it's still in a magical sense, like Eddie spraying his aspirator down the Spider's throat, because he believed that it was battery acid.
. . . did you miss the part when Bill shot Pennywise with a blank and still injured him?
>>
File: IMG_4400.jpg (39KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4400.jpg
39KB, 360x400px
The only thing new pennywise reminds me of
>>
They're probabling saving the spider and the whole Chud bs for the sequel.
>>
>>87512468
When I compared Lovecraft and the Turtle I was referencing the concept of apathetic, god-like creatures. People mistakingly attribute the Turtle as a benevolent entity in opposition to IT. The Turtle is NOT benevolent, it's apathetic. You're thinking of the Other, also known as Gan or the White in the wider Stephen King mythos. There are 3 entities, not 2.
>>
>>87512194
it's not an actual turtle is it? like it may be described like a turtle because that's how humans perceive it, like how pennywise isn't an actual spider, just how we perceive it. if it's an actual turtle, that's retarded.
>>
>>87512962
Stephen King didn't come up with the turtle on his own. It comes from, like, Hinduism or something.
>>
>>87512962
It's a big turtle that had a stomachache and vomited out the universe. That's just facts.
>>
>>87512900
No, that scene was pretty creepy. I did laugh during the climax, though.
>>
>The actor can actually make his eyes look separate ways

What an odd skill to have
>>
>>87511388
Can niggers afford movie tickets?
>>
>>87513000
i'm aware of the earth riding on a turtles back mythology, it's in discworld too. it just seems stupid in a novel like this, that a turtle, which are animals that evolved on earth, somehow created the earth and universe.
>>
>>87511945
Bill fucking Gates.
>>
>>87512622
Not only is that not true, you dodged the question. I'll chalk that up as a loss for you. No way one even abnormally large kid could take on 7 younger kids. I wonder, when Henry's bleeding out from the stomach in Part 2, is Pennywise gonna give him a lift in Christine, or Belch? Maybe then we'll get an explanation of why they disappeared from the film instead of being killed like villains tend to. And maybe if you're basing your opinion entirely on the miniseries, you'd think Henry is the only important or interesting villain. In the book Victor is somewhat sympathetic. He tries to deescalate shit once Henry really starts going crazy, he catches Eddie when the bullies are beating him up saving him from being thrown into a patch of gravel, he does the most damage in the Apocalyptic Rockfight as he's a baseball pitcher, and at one point even though it's only alluded to in the book and never shown in real time, he approached the Losers in the Tracker Brothers lot in early August of 1958, just before they go into the sewers. I don't know what they talked about or if they even got as far as words but it's obvious he was starting to realize he was a pawn being used by evil.
>>
>>87513099
>which are animals that evolved on earth, somehow created the earth and universe.
if you consider that turtle created the universe, it's the other way around probably
the animals evolved as some sorta tribute to the creator or some shit
>>
>>87512604
Sounds like a maverick. A thrill-chaser.
Let's see.
>>
>>87512798
The novel is ranked in the top 100 novels of all time. Not top 100 American novels of all time, not top 100 20th century novels, but Top 100 NOVELS WRITTEN, OF ALL TIME. Yeah it's an ad populum appeal but don't act like the novel is pulp garbage or something. And I was the one accused of being contrarian in this thread. That's a riot.
>>
>>87513129
>And maybe if you're basing your opinion entirely on the miniseries, you'd think Henry is the only important or interesting villain
Or maybe because Henry is the only one alive in the latter half of the book, as his cohorts drop like flies in Part I.
>>
>>87513178
i guess we can say the same for spiders too? they're little clones of pennywise.
>>
>>87512844
>Pennywise was the "true form" in this adaptation.

Nope. When he made Bev float they showed It's true form.
>>
File: reaction ko chan.png (437KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
reaction ko chan.png
437KB, 767x720px
>>87513203
>The novel is ranked in the top 100 novels of all time.
By whom?
>>
Got back from seeing it

> Good things about the movie
Creepy out-of-shot sounds and visuals
Actors are leagues better, Bev especially
Maintained a good balance of CGI and practical effects
Better portrayal of the kids' fears

> Bad things about the movie
A reliance on weak jump scares that you can see coming
You can't understand the clown half the time
Stanley was the weakest link (good thing he gets killed in Part 2)
Ending is rushed
>>
>>87510574
I'll buy the BluRay on sale, then. Fuck movie theaters.
>>
>>87512227
when will we have a .gif of this?
>>
I don't like how the stuttering MC cucked the fat kid at the end. Ruined it for me.
>>
>>87511833
>one of the 20th century's best writers
This is b8 right?
>>
>>87513319

That was fucked. Fatass brings her out of the deadlights with his kiss of love, she realizes it was him who wrote her that based poem, and then later on she kisses the stuttering faggot?
>>
>>87513317

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504948396349.webm
>>
Why did pennywise say "fear" at the end before he fell into the hole?
>>
>>87513229
Yeah something like that, or maybe like 'agents' of the deity watching the life on earth, maybe there is turtles and spiders in every living world in the universe.
But I'm not familiar with Stephen King 'universe' or whatever so I'm really just talking out of my ass.
I mean in Bible humans are made 'in the image of God', it's pretty common myth thing.
>>
>>87510574
I liked it. Could've been a lot scarier though
>>
>>87513390
Pennywise had two minions in the mvoei though, a witch and a zombie. Does he have that in the book Stephen King wrote alongside the movie as well?
>>
File: 2014-04-05.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-05.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>87513382
hats off to you.
>>
>>87513452
i hate you. i hate you almost as much as the drider faggot. go to fucking bed. leave these threads. you are the worst.
>>
>>87513482
What I do?
>>
>>87513495
You damn well know what you did. I want that PENNYWISE HAD MINIONS meme to DIE.
>>
>>87511317
That talentless retard got called out by the actor who plays Henry way back when everyone was against the movie.
>>
Put up a torrent 30 minutes ago in high quality.

You'll know where to find it. :D
>>
>>87513507
He had a witch and a zombie minion that did his scaring of lesser kids, thats not in the book? Thats weird , they were made at the same time I thought the book would have more stuff in it that explained the minions better.
>>
I genuinely don't understand how anyone enjoyed this film, it's really shit.
>>
>>87513237
I meant Its final physical form, which is the giant Eldritch Spider in the novel and miniseries. In this adaptation it doesn't go any further than the killer clown, unless they're saving that content for Part 2. This reboot should have been a trilogy, with Part 1 ending with the Bullseye/silver slugs at Neibolt Street, Part 2 ending on a cliffhanger with adult Mike bleeding out from his phemoral artery, and then a Part 3 where it jumps between both timelines to show the Under the City/Ritual of Chüd sequences. Unfortunately we know that there isn't a final PHYSICAL form to reveal, as they already vanquished the clown with their rebar piles and they've already made the promise to come back if IT isn't dead. Am I wrong in claiming that Vic and Belch disappeared toward the end of the movie? As far as I remember they aren't shown being killed, or alluded to being killed. You set up 4 older kid/bully characters, one of them kills animals in an abandoned refrigerator, kills his little brother by smothering him, and gets eaten alive by flying leeches. They chose to omit all this juicy content from an R rated horror movie and killed him off in a boring manner within the first 25 minutes or so. Mike pushes Henry down a mine shaft but he isn't explicitly shown dying, and I expect he isn't, considering his role in the adult timeline. So I'm asking again, did Belch and/or Victor die on screen, or did anyone allude to them having been killed? Doesn't it make sense to anyone else that omitting good horror content from horror movies is an intuitively obvious bad idea? Maybe even bordering on a plothole? I'm sure on the car ride on the way back from theaters a bunch of people were probably asking each other, "Wait did they ever show or mention what happened to the fat and blonde bullies? What's the all about?" I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
>>87513240
Modern Library. #87.
>>
I genuinely don't understand how anyone hated this film, it's really good.
>>
>>87513564
Nice reasons as to why, anon. Very insightful!
>>
File: 1379976357023.jpg (30KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1379976357023.jpg
30KB, 620x670px
>>87513382
>that perfectly timed explosion
>>
>>87513574
Just contrarianfags.
>>
File: wut the fug.png (202KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
wut the fug.png
202KB, 600x700px
>>87513529
>Nearly 1600 leechers
>>
>>87513330
No, it's not bait. There are these things called opinions which autists get triggered by when other peoples' don't align with their own. Again Modern Library ranks IT as #87 in the Top 100 novels ever written. Do you see my opinion as an attack on other great 20th century writers? Take a moment to reason that out.
>>
>>87513585
>shit acting
>poor script
>average CGI
>ruined a load of the characters from the book
>injected comic relief where it should't have been
>literally no scary at all, even the jump scares were lame
>no backstory to IT
>boring from start to finish
>>
>>87513683
Oh so you're just trolling then, carry on
>>
Anyone that enjoyed this film should get off this board, it was a 4/10 tier film only retards could enjoy.
>>
This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

The movie itself seems to capture that 80s feeling we've seen in Stranger Things and other important work. Do your part and see it in theaters. Be a part of history.
>>
>>87513739
lel
>>
>>87513698
What the fuck kind of response is this? Why are those criticisms invalid. I listed a few of my own criticisms upthread and some of them are eerily similar/word for word, like ruining/underplaying characters (especially the Bowers Gang), and the comic relief used in bad places. They basically turned kid-Ben into Gimli from LotR 2 and 3. He fucking roars at Henry during the Rockfight? How shit is your taste in comedy? The New Kids on the Block shit was hilarious but the comic relief was way overused, and jarring during the more dramatic and tense scenes. Is this articulated well enough for you?
>>
>>87513797
I didn't read past shit acting desu
This is easily one of the best acted movies where 90% of the cast are children, ever
>>
File: 1485804308922.jpg (172KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485804308922.jpg
172KB, 1000x1000px
Even if this movie isn´t good, I think it´s a step in the right direction for horror-movies.
Nobody wants to see a horror-movie just for the sake of being horrified anymore.
That might have worked in the past, but now everyone already knows all the horror-klishees.
People want a thrilling atmosphere, characters you can care about, an interesting villain, so basically what you´d see in other good movies that aren´t necessarily horror.
You can´t make horror-movies just for the sake of scaring someone anymore.
>>
There was like a day where genuine discussion of the movie could happen before it descended into samefaggotry and people who are too poor/asinine to see the film. Were some good threads yesterday. Fa/tv/irgins strike again.
>>
>>87513901
that's how good horror movies have worked forever you fucking retard
>>
>>87513934
wow, rude
>>
>>87513953
I see retard I call retard
I'm not rude, I'm realist
>>
>>87511683
Yeah, it was clearly a Drider.
>>
File: 84379074607394.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
84379074607394.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>87513967
>I´m realist
>>
>>87510574

I don't even need to see it to know that at the absolute very best it will be a 6/10.

I don't really have any interest in it, and won't see it until it hits the internet...BUT...

If it's a huge hit, we might get a new era of R-Rated Horror Kino, and not fucking shitty garbage PG-13 haunting and exorcist trash.
>>
>>87511600

>No Turtle Or Spider

>No Gangbang

NO TICKET
>>
>>87512013

Well...technically he's not dead, since he'll be back to kill the adults in the sequel...
>>
File: 1435352.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1435352.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>damn that projector scene looks cool, wish they didnt show it in the trailer
>mfw the actual scene
>>
>>87514072
theres turtle symbolism in the film
bill is playing with a lego turtle in georgies old room at one point. he accidentally drops the turtle and it smashes, and immediately after It starts fucking with him, almost like the fake plastic turtle was keeping It at bay

additionally, the losers encounter a turtle while swimming, which might explain why they went completely unmolsted that day (except bev i guess)
>>
File: tumblr_ow0ar6F33U1wwba6yo1_1280.jpg (47KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ow0ar6F33U1wwba6yo1_1280.jpg
47KB, 960x720px
So now that the Part 2 is pretty much confirmed, how are they going to hint that IT is actually a female? :^)
>>
>>87513385
It was afraid.
>>
>>87514109
>>87514109

It's hysterical nonsense.
>>
>>87514109

What exactly happens?
>>
>>87514211
its somewhat hard to explain accurately
basically giant clown comes out of the projector
>>
File: sophia-lillis-bev-it.png (540KB, 679x599px) Image search: [Google]
sophia-lillis-bev-it.png
540KB, 679x599px
>her dad and Keene were bad for wanting to fuck this

Heresy!
>>
>>87513346
If it makes you feel better, Ben and Bev end up together at the very end.
>>
>>87513319
>>87513346
>being attracted to fat people
>>
I liked the character building and casual talk between the losers more than the scares. The pacing and character development was incredible, and the scenery gorgeous. In regards to that mentioned as well as pacing it outdoes the book.

Pennywise disappointed some people given he's not Tim Curry, but given this adaptation is far more book focused, that the 'clown' form looks more like a suit with disjointed eyes and shifting limbs and height, it really makes it feel less like the clown IS IT, and that the clown is just a form IT likes to use.

Most special effects were good, but the shaky cam chase sequences got predictable as did the face twitching = scary mentality. There were some fantastic jump moments, and despite being a meme here, the whole projector screen had me on the edge of my seat. Also the basement with the iconic 'You'll float too' worked really well. It also took concepts that after the old miniseries just seemed unadaptable to film like IT's lair and the deadlights and not just nailed them, but made them scary. Props for that.

But I wish they had more just surreal and unnerving shit rather than high octane attack scenes. Like when Haystack was in the library, and the balloon floats by, but is just... moving perfectly horizontally, it was such a small thing, but it was fucking perfect.
>>
>>87511600
>t. troll
>>
File: Ctrl F5.gif (400KB, 298x167px) Image search: [Google]
Ctrl F5.gif
400KB, 298x167px
>>87514172
Who cares if Part 2 is confirmed?
If Stephen Kings "IT" can be succesful nowadays, that might be a sign that we´ll get to see more movies about eldritch-monsters in the future.
Mountains of Madness with Guillermo del Toro anyone?
>>
>>87514318
What mean 'form'? Like he had two minions a witch and zombie in this movie, but what you mean with form? Like he had good form?
>>
Good movie, it was very entertaining. I just wish they made pennywise more scary or powerful, he had the looks, but never felt spooky enough.
>>
File: 543253425.jpg (3MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
543253425.jpg
3MB, 2400x1600px
I liked it (pun intended), solid 8.8/10
What kinda dragged it down was the shitty acting by some of the cast, and the ending was kinda weak
Bill Skarsgaard did a fantastic job as Pennywise though. I had low expectations when I entered the cinema, but I got pleasantly surprised once we really got to see Pennywise.
>>
>>87514353
fucking stop
>>
>>87514342
>WHAT IF CTHULHU WASNT JUST A STORY?
>shows Cthulhu rising from the ocean
>zooms in on nearby beach to Adam Sandler and Kevin Hart
>HOLY SH-
>Kevin James drops his ice cream cone
>Cthulhu roars
>Hart turns around and yells "BEACH TRIP IS OVER, EVERYBODY BACK TO THE FORD ESCAPEâ„¢!"
>Rob Schneider who has too much sunblock on his nose is looking at a hot model and not paying attention while the other guys shove passed him and leave him on the beach
>>
>>87514353
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>87514264
Did the movie have the CUTE scene where she called Mr. Keene Clark Kent and he like a dork called her Lois Lane?
>>
>>87514450
yes
it was rapey
>>
I loved IT's lazy eye. They were normal when talking to the kid in the beginning, but as the scene went on his left eye started slowly drifting and tension built up. Then his eyes would go yellow before he was ready to strike. Like in >>87514172 , it is a small unnerving detail I like.
>>
File: 1504140420793.jpg (16KB, 253x236px) Image search: [Google]
1504140420793.jpg
16KB, 253x236px
>>87514393
>Cthulhu roars
>Hart turns around and yells "BEACH TRIP IS OVER, EVERYBODY BACK TO THE FORD ESCAPEâ„¢!"
>>
>>87514450
>>87514458
People in my theater were saying Eeeww during that scene.
>>
The only things I didn't like about the movie were...
>Way too many jokes. Really undercut the horror, made the movie as a whole less scary
>Other than the kids there were no "characters" in the whole movie. It really felt like every goddamn person in the town was either a psychopath or a rapist.
I had hopes for Henry when he told Bill he got a pass for what happened to his brother. But nope, he immediately becomes a legit psycho.
>>
>>87514458
Don't call him rapey if she initiated it. I would've reacted the same way without ever raping her. Anyway I am a product of modern times.
>>
>>87514264
She's 15
>>
>>87514582
if you're a 30 year old man and you flirt back to a 15 year old girl flirting with you, that is being rapey
statutory rapey
>>
>>87514393
>"ok guys, let's go save the world"
>shot of the cast with weapons
>Cthulhu stomps on a KFC
>Hart: "Oh heeeyell naw!"
>>
>>87514680
You blew it
>>
>>87514647
Believe it or not but responding to her comic reference with a comic reference isn't rapey. A fucking pizza guy referenced Star Trek so I called him Captain Kirk that doesn't mean I will force my penis inside him. Most of us aren't willing to risk being arrested to matter how much you womyn cry about rape.
>>
>>87514647
Remember, if you talk to a woman that's pre-meditated rape.
>>
>>87514733
>>87514758
>being rapey is the same thing as raping someone
do you just not get words or what
>>
>>87514733
It was clearly flirting and not just two people making comic references.
>>
>>87514770
>heh well you are Ms. Lane
OMG SHITLORD
come on you're being fake right now the director didn't write this scene with the intention of being """creepy"""
>>
>>87514647
you just hurt a lot of people here with this post, please delet immediately.
>>
>>87514790
Look of course somebody would fuck a cunny if they could but I am telling you Mr. Keene was just trying to respond to a joke with a joke.
>>
>>87514802
clark kent and lois lane fucked, a lot
>hey you look a bit like X
>yeah well you like like who X fucks ;)
the subtext here is that he wants to fuck her, the age difference makes that inappropriate and "rapey"
do you get it yet
>>
>>87511600
You stupid little bitch. I won't even bother answering you.
>>
>>87510574
I didn't like the redesign desu. I meant yeah it's definitely hitting the mark on creepy but the original worked better because it was just an ordinary clown so it could lure children. New It is one of the scary clowns even children know to avoid
>>
>>87514379
>shitty acting by some of the cast

Who do you mean? I think they all did good job. Some kids didn't get so much time to show their character properly, but overall they did well.
>>
>>87514869
>clark kent and lois lane fucked, a lot
in 1989? Nope, they were still a "will they won't they situation" Lois had no idea Clark was even Superman, stop talking nonsense.
>>
>>87514928
Nice did you read that on wikipedia
they were a married couple in 1986
>>
>>87514900
I'd say he looks like a normal clown. Clearly not when he is goblin sharking his mouth and being crazy. His normal Pennywise look though is just a normal clown with a bit of a lazy eye half the time.
>>
>>87514993
>stop talking nonsense
What part of that wasn't clear?
>>
>>87514631
Meh. Legal in France.
>>
>>87515055
at this risk of this somehow turning into a thread wherein we argue about the superman mythos in the 1980s, it is an identifiable fact that superman and lois lane had been fucking since at least 1986, and had had romantic tension between the two of them for literal decades
>>
>>87512844

Hang on a second there was a bit when bill fired the bolt gun at Pennywise's head and mike can be heard saying "it's not loaded" and it still causes a wound so they definitely used that "belief" angle just not as overtly.
>>
>>87514928
>>87515055
this is from 1982
incase that wasn't clear "mrs superman" is lois lane
next time don't just make stuff up in your desperate attempt to defend a fictional weirdo who flirts with children
>>
>>87515129
>it is an identifiable fact that superman and lois lane had been fucking since at least 1986,
Really, can you show me any evidence of this? Of course you fucking can't since you're operating on ridiculous headcanon.
>>
>>87515187
>>87515191
how embarrassing
>>
>>87515134
I forgot about that. Interesting. I hope that gets explored more in the next movie.
>>
>>87515413
theres nothing that needs to get "explored", its the "belief as a weapon" thing that they use to fuck up pennywise with in the book, except they use a bolt gun instead of asthma spray and silver slingshot balls
>>
>>87512110
>Headless body.
When it first showed up, I was like, "okay it's a headless body, nothing too scary." Then it started moving, and I freaked the fuck out.
>Painting lady.
Fuck her and everything about her! Seriously.
>Anything involving Georgie.
Wasn't scared so much as extremely uncomfortable. Made me uneasy seeing such terrible stuff happening to such a sweet kid.
>>
>>87513573
They started to go in that direction. I think they're going to save the Spider form for the final showdown in Chapter Two. After all. Pennywise's hands totally turned into giant insectoid arms at one point. Which is something that we hadn't seen from any of the kids fears before hand. Belch and Victor were fine because the last we saw of them they were watching Henry go to his mailbox to find the knife Pennywise left behind for him to kill his father. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we see them again in the sequel and possibly sharing part of the role that Henry played in the adult time line.
>>
>>87513287
>Stanley was the weakest link
I thought Mike was the weakest link desu.
>>
>>87515191
Nope the best they can do is "LMAO LOIS IS FLYING SUPERMAN NOW" Edgy sex shit is fun but let's not pretend Mr. Keene is a pedo when there isn't any direct evidence. Only reason you would assume he wants to fuck Bevvy is because YOU people want to fuck Bevvy. That isn't normal.
>>
>>87515468
None of the peole I saw the movie with thought the witch minion or the zombie minion were scary.
>>
>>87511190

W-why does he have David Duke eyes?
>>
>>87515512
no one is outright saying he is a pedo, just that it is inappropriate to flirt with a 15 year old girl when you are a 30 year old man
i can tell this has really hurt you though so i'll just let it be buddy
>>
File: One Punch Lad.jpg (17KB, 350x418px) Image search: [Google]
One Punch Lad.jpg
17KB, 350x418px
>>87515519
OI! YOU BETTAH STOP THIS
>>
I enjoyed it even on second viewing.

In fact, when Bill shot his brother at the end I missed that George referred to the boat as "it" instead of "she", which is how Bill knew it wasn't his brother.
>>
>>87515539
Yup this anonymous exchange has really hurt me whatever makes you feel like a winner eh?
>>
>>87510574
So people are saying the movie is by and large not that scary
Was the book itself that scary at all?
>>
>>87512013
no it would probably just look retarded in the movie and people would go durr i dont get it
>>
>>87515556
i think it was more that bill had finally been forced to accept that george was dead, and shooting him in the head with the bolt gun was the expression of that
>>
>>87514500
I heard the actor actually did it himself too. Wasn't an effect or anything.
>>
>>87515588
I dunno, its pretty fuckin spooky at points but I was too busy enjoying how well it was portraying a book I really liked to actually get too scared. I was too distracted thinking "fuck thats so cool" rather than "fuck i'm spooked right now".
>>
File: it turtle.png (411KB, 862x365px) Image search: [Google]
it turtle.png
411KB, 862x365px
kek there are people who sat down to this movie thinking it would be PG13. Damn what a sad state theater fags are in that they assume a horror movie is PG13.
>>
>>87515654
Is the book itself spooky though?
>>
>>87515654
>I was too distracted thinking "fuck thats so cool" rather than "fuck i'm spooked right now".
Same. All the points I probably should have been scared I was just giggling with joy.
>>
>>87515605
That's definitely a part of it. I found it odd that he was so quick to accept it though, considering how eager he was to find George leading up to it. Hearing him correct "George" about calling ships "she" was like the final nail in the coffin to his doubt.
>>
>>87515187
pre-crisis. fuck off.
>>
>>87515665
Why was everyone shocked at this scene?
Seeing a kid squirming and in pain is pretty fucked but this wasn't that bad. Everyone knew he was going to die anyway
>>
>>87515679
some people just can't be scared by books. it spooked me pretty good though, probably one of the few books i'd actually consider scary.
>>
>>87515730
Is the witch minion and the zombie minion in the book too?
>>
>>87515665
I would love to hear the reactions from people thinking it was PG13. I saw parents bringing kids well under 13 to IT. What awesome parents.
>>
>>87515714
Don't ask me. AMC's breadwinner (the show that isn't allowed to say FUCK) showed a kid get his face gnawed off any nobody bitched about it.
>>
Was Bev's ass ridiculous in that pharmacy scene where she is wearing jean shorts. ?
>>
>>87511340
Jay was pretty optimistic when everyone was talking shit about the trailer. He has no love for the mini-series that's for sure.
>>
>>87515714
Because it's a drastic difference from the original TV movie. I didn't expect to see that much of it. Maybe him biting his arm but not Georgie stumbling around bleeding everywhere.
>>
>>87510574
>you know it
>it
Get it?
>get it
>it
?
>>
>>87515714
I mean its a small child attempting to crawl away from certain death while missing an arm and losing a ton of blood. All in full view.
>>
>>87515762
Let's be honest. Please don't make this site more faggy than it needs to be. Kids watching R rated films isn't a big deal. It wasn't in the PC 90s. It isn't now. Right?
>>
>>87515714
from memory in the book George gets his arm physically ripped off from the socket, and he dies almost instantly from the shock
this version just took it to the next level, with him slowly limping away with a bloody stump while crying.
>>
File: Fucking knock you out guv'.jpg (21KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking knock you out guv'.jpg
21KB, 600x344px
>>87515745
>>87515745
>>
>>87515521
The actor has a lazy eye, and the team thought it made Pennywise look more unsettling.
>>
>>87515714
For one, not everyone knew he was going to die.

For two, deaths of kids in horror is usually done off screen, so seeing a kids arm bitten off and dragged back is rather rare.
>>
I just saw it. It was kino, /tv/ FOREVER BTFO
>>
>>87515468
Should also add one subtle part during the library scene.
>Fat kid is looking through photo album.
>Tension starts building.
>Then I notice in the background out of focus is the old librarian lady just STARING at him the whole god damn time! She doesn't stop looking until after he gets up to follow the baloon.
I honestly thought she,was gonna pull some shit and was actually suprised when she didn't. It was creepy as fuck.
>>
>>87515804
It had the intelligence to make IT make Georgie's corpse missing. That's 1 improvement from King's novel.
>>
>>87515756
>What awesome parents.
Oh piss off. Taking a kid to an R rated movie without even any graphic sexual content is hardly up there in the "bad parenting" category.
>>
Did anyone else notice the original pennywise clown in the clown room on Neibolt Street? I thought that was a nice touch. As was the tracker brothers shirt
>>
>>87515859
In the minion room? What is the original Pennywise?
>>
File: ahegao.jpg (46KB, 1154x607px) Image search: [Google]
ahegao.jpg
46KB, 1154x607px
>>
>>87515819

George had a bad run in the movie. When pennywise just throws him into the water in the basement made me uncomfortable, just from the brutality
>>
>>87515847
I was actually being genuine. I never grew up with parents who would let me do that, so being able to watch a rated R horror would have been awesome.

With that said, what R rated horror movies I did watch as a kid seemed even more "naughty" and scary, so maybe it made horror movies even more scary for me.
>>
File: tumblr_ow0bqjYolg1vcc9hho1_1280.png (4MB, 1280x1658px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ow0bqjYolg1vcc9hho1_1280.png
4MB, 1280x1658px
I wish there was actual graphic vore cuz dat fucking mouth of his should be put to a proper use.
>>
>>87515891
Did anyone else notice how Pennywise was mouthing the same words George was saying in the basement scene? Was that meant to illustrate something?
>>
>>87515883

The outfit from the tv mini
>>
>>87515946
He was controlling his corpse like a marionette.
>>
>>87515946
literally using georges dead body as a fucking puppet
great scene
>>
>Shills claim Pennyworth is an eldritch horror in this adaptation
>Beaten by a steel pipe
Lmao it's bad beyond belief
>>
>>87515859
There was a photo of Tim Curry's Pennywise in the clown room as well apparently.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 800x572px
I too was spooked, also I want to buy this adorbs Pennywise funko pop.
>>
>>87516008
read the books
power of belief
>>
>>87515847

You sound like an edgelord.
Watch R rated movies with young kids in the privacy of your own home. Bringing them out in public just ruins everyone else's time at the movies.
>>
>>87515665
>>87515756
I wanted to see the movie at 9:45, but that showing, the 10:00, and the 10:15 were all sold out. As I waited I saw a couple theaters empty. There were a LOT of middle school age kids there. Little girl about 11 holding her parents hand wheelieing out of the theater, a 7 year old boy asleep on his mothers shoulder. Some older lady leaving the theater saw the line waiting and remarked "good you have an older crowd", so I don't know if the kids were talking or disruptive, or if she was just saying.

As a life live horror fan this is a perfect movie to show to an 8th grader that wants to see a scary movie. No intense gore (guts and bones), no nudity. So it's not so bad if the kids think they can handle it, but I'm sure some parents didn't understand what they were in for.
>>
>>87516000
Totally agree my dude, so spooky #LEGIT
>>
>>87516008
>Beaten by a steel pipe
He was beaten by fucking earrings in the TV movie.
>>
>>87516008
If I see someone use the word shill one more FUCKING time I swear I'll kick my dog and post a video of it
>>
>>87516024
Get this as well
>>
>>87515946
I didn't notice. Nice catch

>>87515891
Slamming him down like it's a hand puppet you are slamming on the table was great.
>>
File: image.png (261KB, 522x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
261KB, 522x281px
>>87516063
Oh man, that's cute AF. Have to have this too. Just ordered this one the other day as well
>>
>>87516036
>Watch R rated movies with young kids in the privacy of your own home.
I'm not talking about bringing a fucking toddler. Like age 13 and up.
>Bringing them out in public just ruins everyone else's time at the movies.
Just because your kid ruins everyone else's time doesn't mean everyone's is such a little shit.
>>
File: Reina_Roja.jpg (52KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
Reina_Roja.jpg
52KB, 500x598px
>>87516063
>tfw this is a proper genderbent Penny
>>
>>87516062
Shill
I've seen more brutal shit done by chinks so don't disappoint me
>>
Australiafag here. I really enjoyed the film however going to watch it was one of the worst film related experiences I've ever had.
I kid you not. At one point, when the chattykid told the bully he was a mullet wearing dick sucker and flipped him off, almsot the ENTIRE cinema started clapping.
This is not a good omen. I am not an american. To see proud intelligent Australians act like a bunch of filthy burgers is, in patriotic terms, like seeing all the hopes and dreams of my generation shrivel up and die.

I loved this film. I hate Americans and their insidious culture
>the books have a fucking orgy in them
What Stephen King thinking.
>>
>>87516008
There aren't shills in here, the movie is actually great
>>
>>87515553
I love this meme that you forced unironically
>>
>>87516272
Me too :)
>>
File: pepe disgust.jpg (10KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
pepe disgust.jpg
10KB, 236x235px
>>87512832
I noticed that, found it spoopy as well.
>tfw the row behind me noticed and started giggling over it
>>
>>87510574

Meh. Just got back. The acting from the kids was great and they made it a passable film. It wasn't scary though and Pennywise himself was kinda shit
>>
File: millenialhorror.jpg (116KB, 811x692px) Image search: [Google]
millenialhorror.jpg
116KB, 811x692px
>>
>>87516324
its the same tv show playing on every tv in the movie, including the one that tells bower to kill his dad
>>
>>87516245

Fuck mate, Kiwi here. Nobody clapped during the film but there was clapping when it was over. I couldn't believe it. Absolutely fucking disgusting
>>
>>87512832
They do the tv thing a couple of times but its only ever focused on when Henry kills his dad.
Basically if the tv is on in the background its always IT talking, which I can appreciate the little things like that which make ITs presence feel all the more powerful since IT is apparenlty everywhere.
>>
>>87516245
I am a burger. They cheered at that too, and said Ew when girl was flirting with the older guy after fat kid got hurt. The theater cheered when girl kicked her dad, both times, and for the the final hit. They cheered when black kid hit the bully and when he pushed him. There was about 15 seconds of everyone going "no" "don't go alone" "why" "don't split up" when glasses kid slowly walked into what would be the clown room. That was the worst one.
>>
>>87516375
I loved that touch of having the same show on all tvs with every parent watching.

Does this mean that the adults in Derry are under some kind of spell?
>>
>>87516245
Here in Spain they clapped when it ended. Cheering too, like fucking poo in loos. First time I see this in a spanish theater. The movie was good but come the fuck on
>>
>>87516509
In the books it's explained that adults lose their memories of It as they grow older, but they can regain them through certain stimuli.
>>
>>87516455
You mean they were actually saying things to the screen? At least we're not that far gone. I was pretty upset at the clapping not going to lie.

>>87516418
No one clapped when it was over. They tried once but got cucked by the cut to September instead of the credits. Luckily that gave them pause and they didn't try it again.

No joke though, there were about 4-7 occurrences of a fifth of the cinema clapping. One guy kept starting it. My only hope is that he was an American on holidays or something.
>>
>>87516509
The book suggests It kind of soothes adults in Derry to make them more nonchalant to the horrible child murders and bullies. You can see this in the movie by the car that just drives by Ben getting attacked by the bullies and the fact that they just paste new missing children posters over the old ones.
>>
>>87516537
I'm really thankful there was no intentional cheering. Obviously there were murmurs or groans at scary bits and laughter at comedic bits but not much more than that (other than the fucking clapping).
>>
I have a theory that due to the second half of IT always being shit on, especially the tv version's, that the next movie chapter will actually "revision" the second half of the book.
>>
>>87516566
I'll be honest, I actually enjoy the reactions, applause, laughter, etc. during most movies, especially horror.
>>
>>87516542
Be really did your-not-my-real-dad-nigger know about IT? He seemed like he wanted Mike to harden the fuck up for more than just 'society is mean'.

Also I was super sure that glasses was going to get gored the second he said he hated clowns.
I thought the pussy was going to get gored too, which he did, but I was surprised he survived.
>>
>>87516620
I enjoy human reactions, not autistic clapping or cheering. You're not at a concert. No one who matters can hear you.
I went with a normalfag mate of mine and he was just as perplexed.
>>
File: powa.jpg (27KB, 1280x545px) Image search: [Google]
powa.jpg
27KB, 1280x545px
>>87511190
>>
>>87516630
mikes grandad has lived through two previous rotations of pennywise insanity to the point where he's convinced theres something wrong with the town of derry itself, but i dont think he knows much beyond that
>>
>>87516569
Good "theory" faggot.
>>
>>87510574
So my only real gripes with the movie are the removal of the dream warrior stuff, how little Mike had to do. I understand why they removed their powers since it would come off as silly in this format. Mike on the other hand half his character development was getting called nigger and being chased by a giant ass bird.

By the end all I wanted to see was a six to 8 episode series of this. As a fan of the book there was a ton of references to the book, like the giant Paul Bunyan statue that talks to adult Richie.
>>
>>87516547
>You mean they were actually saying things to the screen?
Yep, loudly, during a tense moment.

Another weird thing is that like 15 people walked out at the end before they started the "Blood Brothers" scene. Granted that is 15 of the 200 people in there, but geez just wait 10 minutes for the movie to finish. The parking lot wasn't bad at all because we were exiting at 1am so it wasn't that.
>>
>>87516973
Did they think it was over? Someone tried to start a clap when they faded to black before that scene because they thought it was the end, in my cinema.
>>
>>87516024
Pop pop pop
>>
>>87512309
>Kubrick would be faithful to SK source material

Hang yourself
>>
>>87517027
>>87517027
>Did they think it was over?
No, the kids were in the grass with the girl talking about what she remembered. It was multiple groups of people from different spots in the theater. I've never seen people leave at the end of the movie when, when the action is clearly over and there is only a couple minutes left.
>>
Did anyone else have people in their theaters moaning about how it was only Chapter One? Fucking retards man.
>>
I found the library scene very disturbing, not just the headless boy but the scene with the book. Damn, I hate photos with creepy stuff.
>>
>>87517040
Hasn't King gone on record how much he dislikes Kubrick's adaption. While The Shinning isn't one of my favorite books of his I can tell you Kubrick misses the point so badly he might as well be on another planet.

>>87517231
The library scene in general was good.
>>
>>87517211
No one even reacted to that shit in my cinema. I started talking about the book and so did a woman and her friend in the row behind me. Everyone else got the fuck out as fast as they could.

Were there any kids in your cinema? I saw at least 5-6 kids walk infront of my isle so God knows how many went to the popular exit. Who takes their kids to IT?
>>
Are they going to address the fact that Pennywise is both female and pregnant in It part 2?
>>
>>87517335
Kubrick is on another planet. It's called planet K I N O. King is a fucking hack and I mean that both relative to Kubrick and in general. IT was good but that doesn't mean King hasn't written a LOT of trash.
>>
>>87517389
>It's called planet K I N O
More like UPHISOWNASS. He is a trash story teller if he fails so hard at making a Stephen King novel.
>>
>>87517468
>insulting one of the best in the craft
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>87517386
King goes out of his way to be as genderless as possible describing Pennywise as IT or using as little gendered references.
>>
>>87517352
>Were there any kids in your cinema?
I went at midnight on Thursday so no kids. There were still some obnoxious young cunts though.
>>
>>87511317
wow that guy just is not capable of fucking taking care of himself
>>
>>87510574
It's pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>87512698
>emphasis on slow-burn scares and subtle creepiness over in-your-face shit.

So exactly the opposite of what IT has to offer?
>>
>>87517386
More asexual then female.
>>
>>87511712
I'm betting they're saving the deeper understanding of IT's nature and the more ritualistic elements for the second one. That would be a good idea from a storytelling perspective, especially when telling it in a movie format.
>>
>>87512110
The dead kids in the pipes. Both fucking times.
>>
>>87515519
>minion
They were/are IT are you serious? They made it VERY clear with the hand on the drain that it was never a separate entity.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.