[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ek1okvhozntxjwzbnkdz.jpg (19KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ek1okvhozntxjwzbnkdz.jpg
19KB, 800x450px
Did I miss something obvious? Why did she just suddenly decide to join with Satan and become a witch?

Or was she meant to be in on the events at the farm the entire time?

What caused the father to be exiled from the plantation in the first place?
>>
>>87509112
Her life was miserable and was treated like shit. She was already treated like a witch or an outcast when she tried to be good. Satan offered her freedom and things she wanted. She had nothing left to lose. Basically the devil was nicer than her own family.
>>
>>87509112
Pretty sure pops was too hardcore Christian
>>
>>87509112
She wanted to live deliciously.
>>
>>87509112
I would have done the same if I had had such a miserable life, a family of religious fanatics and my mom tried to kill me.
>>
The father said some heresy, probably something like maybe god is not always good or whatever. It doesn't really matter what he said.

It's supposed to be a scary tale and is meant to be a story told to people at that time. So you have to view the story as a person during that time. To that person, witches and devils are real.

Basically once they were away from the comfort of the plantation and the church, the devil had his eyes on her and went about destroying her family. She was a good girl at the beginning, guilty about having sins and asking god for forgiveness. As the story moves on, her family gets destroyed -- she could do nothing about it -- and in the end she has nothing left. When the devil approaches her, the only thing she could do was accept his offer. So, in the end it's a story about a good girl who becomes a witch, and there was nothing she could do about it. Her expression at the end when she flies, of fear and shame and delight at her new abilities and state of her life, I thought was beautiful.
>>
She did it to spite her father because fucking niggers at that time was not an option
>>
>>87509677
>spite her father
the father was already dead, it was just a classic satan technique of luring the victims in with temptation. she may be an immortal witch, but shes always under satan's control now
>>
>>87509592
>the only thing she could do was accept his offer.

Not really, she could well have refused. I realise life was pretty tough on the farm, but it's pretty obvious that was all the devil's fault. He killed her entire family.

I really liked this movie, don't get me wrong. Her decision to just accept the devil after he had killed her entire family just seemed a little sudden to me. Assuming in the world of the film that Satan and God are both real, it seems pretty fucking bizarre to me that you would choose to accept Satan and live a short enriched life on Earth when it means you will burn in hell for eternity.
>>
>>87509730
>the father was already dead
That doesn't matter, she wanted to rebel. It's a phase in every girl with strict parents.
>>
>>87509791
Yeah it was a sudden decision but think about the state of her mind. She had just killed her mother. In self defense, sure, while her mother was trying to kill her thinking she is a witch. But she killed her mother and she must think herself as having sinned without possible redemption. In that state of mind, when the devil gives you an offer of living deliciously, maybe only the most pious of girls would reject it.
>>
>>87509940
And aside from the logic of the story, the frame of the story will have the girl succumb to the devil's temptations one way or another.
>>
>>87509940
Fair enough, I guess it makes sense if you look at it from the angle of her having a fragile mental state after everything that happens.
>>
>>87509327
Can you blame them after all the terrible things they'd been through? It was only her last choice because the rest of her family was already dead
>>
File: 1489702354495.jpg (20KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1489702354495.jpg
20KB, 448x252px
>>87509112
Just read the plot from Wikipedia. I do that with every movie after watching it.
>>
>>87509592
The heresy was the mother was catholic. The sale of the communion cup is how they got there.

Dumbass.
>>
File: thinking emoji.png (2KB, 114x85px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.png
2KB, 114x85px
>have the Devil reveal himself to you
>axiomatically this also proves the existence of God
>damn yourself to Hell for eternity anyway
What did she mean by this
>>
>>87509327
>the devil was nicer than her own family.
>rots their crop
>pits them against each other
>kills her father
>kills her siblings
>kills their baby
>makes her mother hysterical with visions of her dead children to the point she becomes violent
>nice
>>
>>87510162
i do that before, during, and after.
>>
>>87510230
>mfw literally pause movies every five to ten minutes to do something on the internet
>takes 4+ hours to watch a regular length movie
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.