[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

say something nice about me, anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9

File: godzilla.jpg (79KB, 564x761px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.jpg
79KB, 564x761px
say something nice about me, anon
>>
>>87500016
I used to like the fucked up eyes when I was a kid. It made 1984 Goji look like a mindless animal. When Biollante came out it was like his half decade jail time in the volcano made him smarter and sentient. His fight with the Super X 2 showed that he still wasn't very bright though. By the time MechaGodzilla II shows up he's showing signs of memory and forethought evidenced by his raised eyebrow at MechaGodzilla's entrance. By the Destoroyah movie we realize he's capable of feeling emotion too.
The whole arc is like Godzilla following a path to enlightenment only to be die the moment he's smart enough to question his own existence.
>>
File: IMG_7806.jpg (957KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7806.jpg
957KB, 3264x2448px
>>87500016
I just watched the American version of this yesterday, what's with all the stupid shit with making the Russians evil? Like the Japanese version made it seem like both the us and Russia were nervous but hypocritical about the situation because they'd nuke Tokyo but never do the same to Washington or Moscow. The us cut just cuts out all the meaningful Cold War stuff and just makes Russia flat out evil.

Also a shame that the rest of the Heisei movies after biollante never tried to tackle any real issues because some guy was mad back to the future 2 beat biollante
>>
>>87500986
The mid 80s were a high point in the Cold war. Godzilla movies were not important enough for faithful dubs. I don't think the original dub editors even understood the story and just remade it into something they could get their heads around while taking the opportunity to make commies look bad. That's why the entire story is cut to shit and most of it flat out removed.
>>
File: 01000282222.jpg (461KB, 1196x884px) Image search: [Google]
01000282222.jpg
461KB, 1196x884px
>>87500986
>Also a shame that the rest of the Heisei movies after biollante never tried to tackle any real issues because some guy was mad back to the future 2 beat biollante
After Biollante failed at box office, Toho didn't want to take any creative risks and Koichi Kawakita, suffering from crippling depression and alcoholism, let the quality of the effects plummet. At least Kaneko and Higuchi delivered with Gamera.
>>
>>87501150
>Originally, New World reportedly planned to re-write the dialogue in order to turn the film into a tongue-in-cheek comedy starring Leslie Nielsen (à la What's Up, Tiger Lily?), but this plan was reportedly scrapped because Raymond Burr expressed displeasure at the idea, taking the idea of Godzilla as a nuclear metaphor seriously. The only dialogue left over from that script was "That's quite an urban renewal program they've got going on over there," said by Major McDonahue.
It could have been much worse.
>>
File: 71tkQOos9QL.jpg (159KB, 1280x874px) Image search: [Google]
71tkQOos9QL.jpg
159KB, 1280x874px
>>
File: IMG_0581.gif (492KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0581.gif
492KB, 400x230px
>>87500016
>>
File: IMG_8972.jpg (69KB, 404x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8972.jpg
69KB, 404x1200px
>>87500016
Godzilla is CUTE
>>
File: ladies man.jpg (57KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
ladies man.jpg
57KB, 400x588px
How does he do it?
>>
>>87500016
you're a big guy
>>
File: wolfplantzilla.jpg (307KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wolfplantzilla.jpg
307KB, 900x1200px
>it's my turn to rise and shine
>>
>>87500016
Your silhouette is really nice. Also your abimatronic lips were pretty cool.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.