[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets get one thing straight. This was shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 31

Lets get one thing straight.

This was shit.
>>
It was pretty good
>>
Did the movie have the gangbang scene?
>>
>>87499277
lol no
>>
>>87498905
You probably didn't even watch it
>>
solid 5-6/10, but a 7 for me since I like the books and this at least showed some heart, which is endearing. overall, though, it's just too superficial in comparison to the books and the "horror" was almost comedic. also, Skarsgard didn't get nearly the amount of dialogue he deserved. It isn't some jerky, reticent beast that can't control its impulses when it needs to be more deceptive
>>
File: tumblr_opib68NDxp1qgg5n4o1_500.png (422KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opib68NDxp1qgg5n4o1_500.png
422KB, 500x526px
>>87498905
why did these guys hate mike so much? They only ever singled him out as being "homeschooled". Why do they hate homeschooled kids that much?
>>
>>87498905
OP didn't have a girl to go to the movies with. Awwww! (sad face)

Singles policy still getting ya down, loser?

Ask for another "cam stream". Oh, there aren't any? Cause people are too busy watching a kino flick while getting handjobs?

Sucks to be you. I'd tell you to kys, but nobody would care.
>>
>>87500283
he wouldn't go to the "All Lives Matter" rally that they were staging so they naturally found him to be a little weird
>>
File: HOMESCHOOLER.jpg (65KB, 610x692px) Image search: [Google]
HOMESCHOOLER.jpg
65KB, 610x692px
>>87500283
How could they hate someone so much just based on him being a homeschooler?
>>
>>87500283
In my day (the 80s), all farmers were considered "rednecks" or "hillbillys"

They musta modernized those terms for the libcucks, made him "home educated"
>>
IT more like shIT am I right
>>
>>87500316
cringe
>>
>>87498905
c o n t r a r i a n
>>
>Says it's shit and that's it. No points as to why or how it's bad
>>
File: 45645647.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
45645647.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
Beverly makes my heart hurt, anons. Just kill me now.
>>
>>87500283
Their reasons for tormenting Mike in the book are more overtly racially motivated but like all Stephen King bullies, they're simply over the top psychopaths.
>>
>>87500316
based as fuck
>>
>>87500324
"All Schools Matter"
>>
>>87500316
Holy shit OP absolutely destroyed
>>
>>87500545
Because it's good and they can't think of a reason to actually dislike it
>>
>>87500587
Are you sure? they only ever mentioned him being homeschooled in the movie
>>
>>87500656
Yeah I'm pretty sure calling a kid a nigger wouldn't be good for your movie
>>
>>87500704
whatd you just say you fucking homeschooler?
>>
>>87500704
>even bullies that you're supposed to hate can't say nigger
>>
>>87500656
About the racial stuff being brought up in the book? Yes, especially since the kid segments in the novel were set in the late 50s. Since the new movie updates the time period to the late 80s, there would logically be less of a fuss made over a black family living in small town Maine.
>>
i also give it a solid 5.6 / 10. i didn't like the way portrayed bee in this and mike's character was severely underwritten. Honestly, Eddie did more talking than Richie in the film. I dunno, it was ok.
>>
I'm broke, anyone have a decent link to watch the movie? even if some nigger is just filming it in a theater, im tryna watch dat shit
>>
>>87500770
does this mean beverly gets H O M E S C H O O L E D . C O M by Mike in this movie? I havent seen it yet
>>
what's this i keep hearing about a gangbang
>>
>>87500835
You do realize you're the nigger in this scenario, right?

>>87500847
Hey man, think whatever you want but him being tormented for being black makes more sense in the 50s setting of the novel.
>>
>>87500894
nig me the fuck up if i can find that movie
>>
File: sensible-chuckle.gif (647KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
sensible-chuckle.gif
647KB, 500x289px
>>87500847
>HOMESCHOOLED.COM
>>
>>87499277
That would never get made in this day and age.
>>
File: kekers.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
kekers.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>87500316
>>
>>87500889
watch the miniseries
>>
>>87500704

>say faggot within the first 10 minutes
>nigger is still a nono
>>
>>87501001
/tv/ calling it an "orgy" is just memeing. It's very tame in the book.
>>
>>87501061
>it's very tame
>literal pages upon pages of the boys cumming inside bev
>>
>>87501036
Actually kind of makes sense given the late 80s setting. Wasn't that when the AIDS scare was in full effect?
>>
At least it was better than the 1990 version
>>
File: ITmoney.jpg (54KB, 720x427px) Image search: [Google]
ITmoney.jpg
54KB, 720x427px
CAPESHIT BTFO
>>
>>87501085
Why lie? Anyway, it's not an orgy.
>>
>>87500598
>>87500628
>>87501003
Samefag KYS
>>
File: IMG_2626.gif (478KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2626.gif
478KB, 500x213px
Just got back from seeing it myself.
Honest opinions, Pennywise is pretty great and true to the book. Gets the idea of being more of a predatory beast than a demon of sorts down pat. Would enjoy seeing Bill Skarsgard in more roles.

Kids were all excellent, though Finn Wolfhard stole the fucking show whenever he opened his mouth.

Movie felt less like a straight up horror movie and more like Monster Squad and Goonies thrown in a blender, much to it's advantage.

Too many jumpscares, but it's not enough to distract.

Greatest strength is that it takes itself seriously, but never too seriously. Pennywise even gets some great laughs here and there. In particular the haunted house scene.

Biggest flaw is that the ending feels rushed as fuck, still enjoyable but could have been way, way better and the CG is pretty obviously rushed in the end as well.

Overall though an excellent movie. High 8/10, would watch again.
>>
>>87501061
Your average critic would bitch and complain about it being "gratuitous" even though it makes sense in the book. More importantly, it involves 11 year old children so obviously it's taboo because sweet innocent children never have sex.
>>
>>87501085
>>literal pages upon pages of the boys cumming inside bev
wtf i'm reading the book now.
>>
>>87501187
Prepare to be sorely disappointed when you get to that part.
>>
>Henry stared at Patrick’s hand as if hypnotized. His lighter lay on the rocky scree beside him, reflecting hot afternoon sun. “Want me to put it in my mouth?” Patrick asked. His big, livery lips smiled complacently. “Huh?” Henry asked, as if startled from some deep dream. “I’ll put it in my mouth if you want. I don’t m—” Henry’s hand flashed out, half-curled, not quite a fist. Patrick was knocked sprawling.
>>
>>87501133
Why don't you tell us what you didn't like about the movie OP?
>>
>>87500770
Was the Jewish stuff in the book?
>>
>>87501206
is it at least in the tv movie?
>>
>Mike comes to her, then Richie, and the act is repeated. Now she feels some pleasure, dim heat in her childish unmatured sex, and she closes her eyes as Stan comes to her and she thinks of the birds.
>>
>>87501036
Eddie almost said "retarded," but it came out something like "retar"
>>
>>87501209

I'd let movie patrick give me some succ. He sounded like a toad in the book though.
>>
>>87501247
Nah.
>>
>>87501236
Yeah it was.
>>
>>87498905
There were some decent visuals but it relied on jumpscares too much and the second half was a drudge. I didn't hate it but it wasn't anything too special. Better than any of the conjuring films but that's like saying oj from concentrate is better than orange kool aid
>>
>the Losers ponder about how they're going to get out of their predicament. Beverly, the only girl in the group, decides that the only way to bring unity back to the group is to have an all-out sex session.

The 11-year-old tells the six other boys of the same age: "You have to put your thing in me."
>>
>>87501311
My favourite part was when the guy frisbeed his pope hat.
>>
>>87498932
>pretty good.
The kind of sentence witch means "i just watched a flick but i'm trying to convince myself that i didn't threw 10$".
>>
>>87501401
It's a well made solid adaptation of the book but it's not life changing or anything. I give it my highest rating: C+
>>
>>87500512
How arrogant must you be? Your opinion is not the right one
>>
>>87500648
lol so deluded
>>
The CGI was god awful desu.
Not a bad movie, but definitely wont hold the same cult classic status the other IT did even with its flaws.
And im a huge fan of Stephen king movie adaptation's.
>>
>>87500770
Have you ever been to rural Maine? They still hate black people, probably more so now because they knock up the white city women
>>
>>87498905
Fuck off, you contrarian fuck. The movie was great.

+all the child actors were great
+Finn Wolfhard surprisingly owned the role of Trashmouth Tozier; he was the best part of the film
+Eddie's nebish germophobia and his fat Munchausen's-by-Proxy mom were highlights
+better explains why Bev hangs out with the Losers (the girls hate her too)
+climax in the sewer was done way better than even the book
+Pennywise was menacing and unsettling
+Pennywise growing teeth and biting kids is both horrific and an accurate portrayal of what's described in the book
+they kept in the poem and childhood crush
-'80s era is slightly at odds with the nostalgic, almost fantasy-like tone
-Jew had nothing more to his character than being a Jew, unlike the book and miniseries, where he was the logical one
-Black kid has even less personality than he did in the book and miniseries
-Ben's character is a little weaker than it was in the book and miniseries; he takes a backseat to Bill, Richie, Bev, and Eddie
-no slingshot
-Tim Curry was funnier and made more specific digs at each of the kids
-the logic of the kids discovering how to combat It is less clear than it was in the book and miniseries; they go into the house where It lives without any weapons the first time around
-overall, the movie isn't scary if you're an adult

Solid 8/10 film.
>>
File: leper.png (1MB, 1063x597px) Image search: [Google]
leper.png
1MB, 1063x597px
>>87498905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6ZoW9f-uA
>>
>>87501093
>Wasn't that when the AIDS scare was in full effect?
They bring that up in the movie.
>>
>>87499277
It'll be in the sequel.
>>
>>87501570
wtf is that little shits problem, he was just trying to help him
>>
Why was he so obsessed with shit floating?
>>
File: 1460162376458.jpg (9KB, 372x342px) Image search: [Google]
1460162376458.jpg
9KB, 372x342px
>yfw the projector scene

Fuck me i wasn't ready, i thought the trailers spoiled everything about that part
>>
>>87501570
lol he makes the same sound as the brainsuckers in bloodborne
>>
>>87501463
yes it is
>>
>>87500587

Stop with this fucking meme.

In the book, Henry's crazy vet father regularly beats the shit out of him, talks about the war and how he's gonna "kill all the Nips" when he's drunk, and fills Henry's mind with how niggers are evil (especially the Hanlons). Henry has a steady progression where he goes from regular bully to psychopath, exacerbated by IT's influence.

Remember IT makes Derry more prone to this.

Belch is stupid and does what he's told. Victor Criss is actually uneasy with things, but he's afraid of Henry. He approached the Losers on his own at some point.

Patrick was born nuts, but he falls in with Henry because he's already crazy.
>>
>>87501570
His nose freaks me out.
>>
>>87501715
I think originally it was supposed to be a pun on his balloons (balloons float; corpses float). But in the new film, they made it more literal, which was interesting.
>>
>>87501752
>Patrick was born nuts, but he falls in with Henry because he's already crazy.
Plus he's gay for him.
>>
>>87501752
To be fair, Henry being a shitty person is understandable. Patrick is straight up serial killer tier.
>>
>>87501236

Stan is a Jew but it doesn’t have all the synagogue shit
>>
>>87501715
>>87501775
It is an interdimensional alien that crashed on earth millions of years ago. makes sense he keeps mentioning about floating since he is from space
>>
>>87501330
>The 11-year-old tells the six other boys of the same age: "You have to put your thing in me."
They're not toddlers you fucking faggot. And I'm sure most 11 year olds can handle broad, complex algorithms a lot easier than your demented Alzheimer's ass.
>>
>>87501236
>Was the Jewish stuff in the book?
Yes the kids always make jokes about him being Jewish and his Jewish mother is like "HOW RUDE YOU BOYS ARE"
>>
>>87501570
based javier botet
>>
>>87499277
No, but Bev gets taken into the sewer and becomes catatonic and Ben the cuck kisses her to wake her up.

I didn't mind the movie overall. I came away from it with some things that I actually liked. The end fight was pretty shit, but I liked how IT started shuffling through all the shit that he used to scare the kids before his arms turned into spider arms and hammered the ground for a minute. That was great.
The general look of Pennywise and the CGI transformations into evil teeth baring Pennywise were fucking horrendous, though. All of the kids did a good job except for fat boy Ben with the inverted nipples and the negroid who just showed up and was part of the gang because "home school kid" not "nigger". The TV version did a much better job introducing and establishing the characters and their relationships/bond; especially with the bullies. Patrick Hockstedder was criminally underutilized.

Ben's dialogue was basically, "I'm going to spoonfeed this information to you about whats happening and what has been happening because I like the library". Mike establishing the history of Derry in the book report in class in the TV version was a far better way to believably feed plot information to the audience without being so transparent about it.
It was just OK, but was riddled with flaws. I still prefer the TV version over this and the book over the TV version. A one or two season 10 episode each Netflix/HBO run is really the only way that they would have been able to do the source material justice.
>>
>>87498905

OP here. I didn't see this movie, nor have I seen any other movies. But this movie was definitely shit. Take my advice on this one.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57KB, 750x422px
>>87501506
Tim Curry was more memorable than the new It, but the new kids are WAY more memorable than the original kids.
>>
>>87500656
they mentioned race at the end when the bully told mike to stay out of town with his grandfather. he wished he was the one to kill mikes parents
>>
>>87501187

if only they had this thing which you could see real sex

one day, probably
>>
>>87501953
Richie was the only good actor out of all the kids.
>>
>>87501085
>>literal pages upon pages of the boys cumming inside bev

Well, maybe not all that graphic, but when I finished the reading the scene where Bev "brought them back together," I dragged the GF into the bedroom and spray painted cocksnot in the dead end of her honey hole.

True story. A couple months later, the GF was going through our book shelves, and I told her to read IT. When she got to the part where Bev pulled the train, she got PISSED, ha ha. "What is the point of this? Little children in a gang rape? DISGUSTING."

lol, I didn't see the movie yet, but I thought the book was one of King's very best, and I believe that Tim Curry's Pennywise would be hard to top.
>>
File: pure love.jpg (2MB, 5284x1196px) Image search: [Google]
pure love.jpg
2MB, 5284x1196px
kino scene from the IT book
>>
>>87501953
>kids

is that human? with that rat-face?
>>
>>87501981

You don't have a girlfriend
>>
>>87501935
>Patrick Hockstedder was criminally underutilized.
Did you want him to jack Henry off?
>>
>>87502064
the hand job/bj offer scene wasn't included?

DROPPED
>>
>>87502064
Yes. At the very least I wanted them to show how fucked up he was.
>>
Why did Pennywise take all the missing kids and make a gigantic floating tower out of them? Was that in the book? I thought he ate kids... why did he eat Georgie but then just take the others to his lair and makes them levitate...
>>
>>87501980
Bill was great.

Bev was great.

Eddie was great.

Richie was great.

Stanley, Ben, and Mike were underused.
>>
>>87502064

yes
>>
>>87501570
holy shit that looks fucking awful
>>
>>87498905
Indeed it was shit. But what did we expect?
>>
>>87502093

In the book there was a spider web with bodies stuck in it. They just got rid of the web.
>>
>>87501085
>>87501127
>>87501187
>>87501206
The book actually mentions that only two of the boys climax (Bill and Ben, I think).
>>
>>87502093
>>87502131
In the books, doesn't he sometimes leave corpses behind? Like, didn't he leave Georgie's one-armed corpse in the street?
>>
>>87502062

You don't have a life.
>>
>child gangbang in the novel
Was King taken in and questioned or anything?
>>
>>87502139
Yeah but the /tv/ memesters would have you believe that they were all in a big pile suckin' and fuckin'.
>>
>>87502184
No, not at all.
>>
>>87501993
>he's big, oh yes - the pain is back and it's much deeper than when Eddie entered her
>>
>>87502200
It's not like it's the first time an American novel has featured underage sex
>>
>>87502227
>George's shoulder socked against the cement of the curb and Dave Gardener, who had stayed home from his job at The Shoeboat that day because of the flood, saw only a small boy in a yellow rain-slicker, a small boy who was screaming and writhing in the gutter with muddy water surfing over his face and making his screams sound bubbly.

>Everything down here floats,' that chuckling, rotten voice whispered, and suddenly there was a ripping noise and a flaring sheet of agony, and George Denbrough knew no more.

>Dave Gardener was the first to get there, and although he arrived only forty-five seconds after the first scream, George Denbrough was already dead. Gardener grabbed him by the back of the slicker, pulled him into the street...and began to scream himself as George's body turned over in his hands. The left side of George’s slicker was now bright red. Blood flowed into the stormdrain from the tattered hole where his left arm had been. A knob of bone, horribly bright, peeked through the torn cloth.

>The boy’s eyes stared up into the white sky, and as Dave staggered away toward the others already running pell-mell down the street, they began to fill with rain.
>>
>>87501980
Eddie was absolutely terrific.
>>
webm of gangbang scene required
>>
>>87500889
It's not a gangbang it's a train. Read the book
>>
>>87501993
>Censoring parts of the orgy
Too saucy for /tv/?
>>
>>87501001
Name a single day and age in which this would've been allowed.
>>
>>87502503
there's nothing censored, pages didn't line up perfectly
>>
>>87502200
>You can't show anything
>But you can describe it
Stupid loopholes.
>>
>>87502521
/tv/ has this weird notion that movies from the 70s were allowed to have any graphic content they wanted.
>>
>>87502503
It's not an orgy.
>>
I'm having difficulty understanding the reasoning here.
>guys we're children going to defeat an alien
>but it's scary so lets have a child sex scene in the aliens lair
Is King just a pedophile?
>>
>>87502448
He was nothing like the source material. All of the kids sounded and acted like various versions of Richie.
>>
>>87501563
>-the logic of the kids discovering how to combat It is less clear than it was in the book and miniseries; they go into the house where It lives without any weapons the first time around
Is that when they fight the werewolf?
>>
File: Pennywise1.gif (51KB, 321x240px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise1.gif
51KB, 321x240px
>eldritch demon from an age and dimension beyond our comprehension
>literally can't kill anyone directly unless they're afraid of him
>>
>>87502689
They do it to renounce their childhood innocence.
>>
>>87502689
Are you retarded? Holy fucking shit, this is 6th grade symbolism.

SEX = ADULTHOOD = LOSS OF INNOCENCE

It symbolizes that the kids were no longer kids after going through everything that happened.
>>
>>87502741
It could, It just prefers to eat scared children.
>>
Does it have a King cameo?
>>
>>87502725
Because that's more how real kids talk, particularly in the '80s. I mean, maybe things were different when King was a kid. But when I was a child, my friends and I all constantly made fun of each other and joked around.
>>
>>87502820
Literally runs from the kids twice.
>>
>>87502741
Makes sense to me. IT's power seems to be more of an influence type of thing. The creature's presence keeps the whole town under a sort of spell.
>>
>>87501724
i really wasnt expecting him to grow huge and be crawling out of the screen, i thought that was a cool spook. there were some other scares that just felt like cliche horror shit, like when he runs at the fat kid in the library basement. his head is doing the turn-around-all-blurry-and-fast move scare which is in like every shitty horror movie
>>
>>87502828
Yeah he played the Leper
>>
>>87502333
>A knob of bone, horribly bright
bones are not naturally white
>>
>>87504013
You're not naturally white.
>>
File: 0001_0035.png (163KB, 566x227px) Image search: [Google]
0001_0035.png
163KB, 566x227px
>>87504062
SAVAGE
>>
>>87502784
That's shit symbolism. That's a fucking sledgehammer of subtlety thar.
>>
>>87504402
Nobody defends it as being good. It's just really simple to understand why it's in there.
>>
>>87504062
you'd know a thing or two about not being white, you quadruple nigger.
>>
is dr sleep worth a read
>>
>>87498905
Stephen King is always shit. It's more of a "how much tolerance do you have" kind of shit
>>
>>87504402
This.
>Hmmmm I really want to write some pedo fan fiction
>Crap I don't want to get in trouble for it though
>I know, I'll just come up with some bullshit allegory about how it's them turning into adults!
>>
>>87504844
It is pretty good, though. There's a lot of shit in it, but the core ideas of fear giving monsters strength was pretty novel for the time.
>>
>>87502828
he played the creepy pedo pharmacist. it was unexpected desu
>>
>>87505269

Oh shit really? I'm seeing the movie again this weekend, I had no idea that was him.
>>
>>87503451
It seriously made my jaw drop. Not because it was ultra scary (still pretty freaky though, don't get me wrong) but because i know that scene so well from the book. It was presented in such a more jarring and maniacal way than i ever imagined.
>>
>>87505269
My theater let out a collective groan when he said bev looked like lois lane. What a fucken creep
>>
>>87500283

They couldn't hate him for being a nigger because its 2017
>>
>>87505760
Wasn't actually him.
>>
>>87505867
It was a meta joke because Amy Adams is playing her in the sequel.
>>
>>87505867
Maybe it's just me but I never really got predo vibes from him at the very end of that scene, up to that point him acting that way could have been construed as him simply being creepy and/or autistic.
>>
>>87505867
Better than my shit audience. Clapping and the white version of "aw hell naw" with the bullies, especially the cat target scene.
>>
>>87501993
Why was this allowed?
>>
>>87506064
has this been confirmed? i liked a lot of the suggestions the kid actors made for their adult counterparts, Bev wanted Jessica Chastain
>>
>>87506233
There were people that honestly thought that the bullies would kill the cat, and some bitch audibly yelled out OH NO at that part. To be fair I thought they were actually going to kill the cat, too.
>>
>>87501695
He was trying to redpill eddie
>>
>>87501001
You'd be surprised what kids are allowed to do in this day and age.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5N58WTwQ48Q
>>
Saw it at a midnight screening last night. Was pretty meh.

I'm honestly surprised /tv/ hasn't been bombarded with Beverly underwear scene webms
>>
>>87501570
is that a fidget spinner?
>>
>>87507100
Using children to spew your agenda is child abuse.
>>
>>87507112
>I'm honestly surprised /tv/ hasn't been bombarded with Beverly underwear scene webms
Translation: I want someone to post Beverly underwear scene webms but I don't want to directly ask for it
>>
>>87498905
Awesome film, completely wrong.
>>
>>87507203
Well, there WAS a thread where someone posted her in a bathtub.
>>
It's been too long since I watched the original. How can the second be suspenseful? I mean they will be adults, wouldn't they be able to fight it better and just be like "oh hey, remember last time we best it by not being scared. Let's just do that again."
>>
>>87502047
That's clearly a frog face.
>>
>>87507313
They've saved some of the kid scenes for the second one. They'll do flashbacks.
>>
>>87498905
Just got back from the theater, ask anything you want.

Overall, I didn't feel any sort of terror or horror at all at anything that happened in the film, which is disappointing because of how competent the intro was. Opening scene made Pennywise seem scary and like the scares would be more subtle.

Overall, the movie just thought if it threw enough jump scares at you, you would be afraid. Overall I just feel disappointed. There were several moments that were executed very well, such as the opening scene and parts of the abandoned house, and the garage scene.

I mean, it felt like they didn't really give any of the scare-scenes time to build, they all just "start".

If the movie does well, I'll be glad so that it might start a trend of "scary movie blockbusters", but again, I'd give this a 5-6/10.

The kid from Stranger Things showed a lot of range in this, and Bev seemed to be a really promising actor too.
>>
File: phuc-dang-demogorgon.jpg (881KB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
phuc-dang-demogorgon.jpg
881KB, 1920x1081px
Could IT beat the demogorgon?
>>
File: Q4bI5.gif (2MB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
Q4bI5.gif
2MB, 300x208px
>>87501724
My fucking face when 25 foot tall clown outta nowhere
>>
It jumped a couple points solely for the Stranger Things kid screaming "ROCK WAR!"
My childhood in a nutshell.
>>
>>87507360
What sort of scenes were saved? If they are ones that are supposed to happen when they're kids, I don't see it transferring well. I just don't know how they could be as scared the next time around.
>>
>>87501570
>Broad daylight
What were they thinking
>>
Anyone got a link to the projector scene
>>
>>87507594
Yeah not really horror but a kind of fairy tale style to it. I'm in the minority with my friends, but i think this movie would have benefited from a few more slice of life scenes, just the kids cutting up, hanging out, dinner w the family, etc.
>>
I'm convinced from these threads that the only people who likes this movie harbor some fear of clowns, yet still elitist enough to cast aside the miniseries by virtue of being older than they are.

OP is correct. This was shit.
>>
>>87505923
They didn't hate him for being black in the books either.

In the book they chase him around because the bully interpreted his gay speech in class and got scolded by the teacher which he blamed on him
>>
>>87507888
The movie was almost great, it's held back by le stranger things 1980s were awesome! and some jump scares/shaky face BS

However it's a lot better than I expected it to be and less campy than the tim curry movie.
>>
>>87507888
>89% on Rotten Tomatoes
>Tracking $100 million opening
How does it feel to be an outcast?
>>
>>87507825
They were so cheap they couldn't afford using filming lights at night.
>>
>>87507777
Nice quads

Also what song is playing in this scene?
It sounds like metallica
>>
>>87508007
Anthrax song I believe
>>
>>87507881
it definitely felt like it was trying to be horror and the sudden gravity of seeing such a little kid have his arm bitten off and dragged into the sewer set up some pretty high expectations, but it's all just random scenes of pennywise scary the losers for no reason. It just felt sloppy. Like, I thought that they were going to gradually find out more and more about IT, but then 15 minutes into the film, the black kid, who doesn't know the losers and has no idea about IT even existing, suddenly sees the wooden door with the burning children and then sees IT after it flies open....like, why? Because spooky? It was just lazy.

On a more positive note, the Georgie-in-the-basement scene ended up being less cheesy than I thought it would be compared to the trailer.
>>
>>87508007
>>87508029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx_m7Y9nGtU
>>
File: 1423045195737.jpg (157KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
1423045195737.jpg
157KB, 644x644px
>>87507969
>Tracking 100 million opening

How does it feel to have to lie to defend your opinion?
>>
>>87498905
>little kid gets his arm bitten off
What's not to enjoy?
>>
>>87507313
Stan kills himself, breaking the circle.
>>
>>87508104
http://deadline.com/2017/09/stephen-king-it-home-again-box-office-1202163667/amp/
>>
>When they were locked and loaded for clown hunting near the end.
>Riding their bikes to the abandoned house.
>The black kid has that sheep killing gun + ammo strapped to him.
>Camera zooms in on it.
>Expecting a racist cop to appear in the next scene and arrest him for carrying a weapon.
>It didn't happen.

This movie was so unrealistic.
>>
>>87508136
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it-movie-box-office-opening-thursday-1202551182/

Lets see who runs out first.
>>
>>87507313
They forget about IT, it clouds their memory so that they can once again feel terrified without remembering the courage they used to have.

Also, Henry Bowers will come back.
>>
>>87508142
>not fighting it in the sewer
Garbage movie.
>>
>>87504013
bones are pretty fuckin bright you dumb fuck

i literally was just in a room with dozens of cadavers cutting open their sternums
>>
>>87508194
>Also, Henry Bowers will come back.
How? Didn't he die in this one?
>>
File: 1424555567010.png (7KB, 1158x59px) Image search: [Google]
1424555567010.png
7KB, 1158x59px
>>87502689
Many of his books were written while under the influence of alcohol, blow, smack, peyote, pot, prescription abuse, or any/all of the above to the point that he literally doesn't remember writing Cujo, so don't read into it too much.
>>
>>87508193
Game on. Rule is: article had to be posted in the last 15 hours
http://www.slashfilm.com/it-box-office-records/
>>
File: youlikekrabbypatties.png (876KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
youlikekrabbypatties.png
876KB, 1024x768px
>>87508201
>not fighting it in the sewer
>Garbage movie.
You haven't seen the movie have you anon?
>>
>>87508237
Probably will explain that he fell into water and got washed out into the sewer
>>
>>87508237
He fell down the well, but it never showed him die.
>>
>>87508259
You do realize that the longer this goes on, the more your claim dwindles right?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/weekend-box-office-it-movie-scares-up-record-thursday-night-1036714
>>
Hey guys dont like this movie cause no gangbang scene

but seriously guys we cant let them get their hands on the gangbang codes
>>
>>87508201
lol dumbass
>>
>>87508284
>>87508314
Well they should have made that clear in this one. Otherwise, that's pretty stupid.
>>
>>87501145
IT's voice was fucking awful, i haven't read the book but holy shit did that voice sound corny as fuck. I hated the voice so much i would easily remove a point out of 10 because of it. Also the way the camera flew around when IT was attacking was very annoying, the cgi of IT and its mouth were great, i have no idea why they felt the need to make it hard to see with all the camera movement.

Almost all of the scenes where IT messes with the kids were very well done and very unique. I really liked the garage scene, the last thing i was expecting was IT being a giant and crawling around.

Not sure of it was how big the screen i viewed it on was but the camera movement killed a lot of the unique scenes.

8.5/10 could have been an easy 9/10 if IT's voice wasn't sporadic and sounded like a retarded pre teen squeaker and the camera was more still in certain scenes.
>>
>>87508325
Forbes shits all over any of your sources
Also, I just learned Charlie Sheen has a new movie out while doing this
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/08/box-office-it-nets-record-crushing-13-5-million-thursday/
>>
File: 1456668782643.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456668782643.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>87508086
My man
>>
>>87508446
http://screenrant.com/it-2017-hitmans-bodyguard-box-office-prediction/
>>
File: 1473666516472s.jpg (2KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1473666516472s.jpg
2KB, 122x125px
>ywn do as many drugs as Stephen King
>>
>>87508593
>Screenrant more reliable than Forbes
Stop that
>>
So is there a way i can watch the orgy scene or?
>>
>>87508627
Just google the keywords and it'll pop up.
>>
this board likes everything that is shit and it's hard to take you seriously. i think i'm done browsing and posting here. at least imdb has honest discussion
>>
>>87508624
Hello Goalpost, why don't you sit still for a second.

You're not a gracious loser anon.
>>
>>87508699
>He doesn't know
>>
>>87507881
I hope that a decent amount of additional footage was filmed and will be included in the home release. In fact, I'd like a new cut of the film after both parts have been released which presents it more like the novel.
>>
>>87500283
They look like 2017 kids pretending to be 80s kids.
>>
>>87500316
Why are women posters always so fkn cringy.

You do realise this kind of shaming only works on nu males.
>>
>>87506032

Disappointed.
>>
>>87502828

No but there's a cameo of the mini series' Pennywise that I thought was neat
>>
>>87508840
Gee anon. Maybe it's because this is a picture of them fucking around on set.
>>
>>87508868
I don't think it works on anyone who has been on the internet for more than a week.
>>
>>87501981
stories that didn't happen for a $1000
>>
File: 1504924898079.png (678KB, 1387x733px) Image search: [Google]
1504924898079.png
678KB, 1387x733px
Am I the only one who felt bad about this? CGI was shit but Georgie's death was overkill in the most literal sense of the word. Seeing kids younger than 7 or 8 get hurt is never fun.
>>
>>87498905
What the fuck are you talking about, name a better blockbuster this year, I'll wait
>>
>>87509165
Nah man, don't you get it. It shows that this Pennywise is a totes legit savage bruh. Like, Georgie never stood a chance. LOL get nom'd one scrub. It's about time Hollywood showed some balls. This film is the spearhead to a great era of hollywood movies where everything is edgy as fuck and lit savage. Who would've thought this would be such masterful brutal ultimately shit your pants and shit on that shit scary kino?
>>
>>87508284
I think it would be pretty cool, and make sense for the way this movie took things from the original and modified them in a unique way if henry dies/gets fucked up in the fall and IT brings him back and or deadlights him to be some sort of semi supernatural human and he hunts them down with more power.
>>
>>87509165
It's actually worse in the book.
>>
>>87509165
I'm pretty sure that's the point.
>>
>>87509293
How much worse?
>>
>>87498905
>the jew has your shekels now
>>
>>87509368
See >>87502333
>>
>89% rotten tomatoes score
>91% audience score
>tracking to make 80-100M opening weekend, biggest ever for horror movies and for september releases
Yeah OP, very shit, you're not an autismal contrarian at all
>>
>>87501570
is that supposed to be scary? looks like a fucking stupid scene
>>
>>87501724
I thought he would just crawl through the screen ringu style but having his proportions in the projection be what they are in the real world was a clever twist. The garage scene was the best scare in the entire movie.
>>
>>87508086
During the rock fight scene I thought for a second it was Master of Puppets playing. Pardon the gay-ass expression but that would have been so epic.
>>
File: Pennywise.gif (2MB, 374x254px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise.gif
2MB, 374x254px
I fucking loved it. Seeing it again, soon.

The only part I laughed at (and at no real fault to the filmmakers) is when Bev awakens in the cistern and Pennywise opens the circus cart and is dancing and the camera stays centered on his head it reminded me of gif related.
>>
>>87507825
That makes it scary
>>
File: eat my ass.jpg (165KB, 923x829px) Image search: [Google]
eat my ass.jpg
165KB, 923x829px
>>87501133
nice try
>>
>>87509165
You are the reason we have tame horror movies now.
>>
>>87501570
>use le tall meme man
>don't shoot him in a way the height difference is actually showcased
fucking terrible
>>
>>87509508
Fuck off man. Sorry I don't like seeing 5 year olds get killed you freak.
>>
>>87509486
I personally found that part really disturbing the way the focus was all on his head like a steadycam but i can see how ot was kinda silly too.
>>
>>87509486
Same. Wanted to see it in 3D not 2D when it premiered yesterday, but didn't want to have to wait around half an hour for the commercials and then another half hour for the movie itself.
>>
>>87509549
No sane person does, but it's also just a movie and the kid is fine in real life.
>>
>>87509557
Oh yeah, it's really freaky, but my meme-stained brain from years of this fucking place reminded me of "duane!"

>>87509568
It's not even screening in 3D, is it?
>>
>>87509525
What? He's not supposed to be tall, he's supposed to be fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 1504820105915.png (13KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1504820105915.png
13KB, 650x650px
>>87509549
>he has never been in a chinese slice-of-life webm thread
>>
>>87509549
Literally nobody does. Some mind find it 'horrific.'

Imagine! Such *horrific* material being in a *horror* movie! What a world!
>>
Was Guillermo del Toro ever considered to direct this? I feel like he would have also knocked it out of the park. Even though i really liked this one
>>
>>87509417
The Paranormal Activity series brought in around
>$811,630,522

Profit =/= quality

Especially when you're remaking a 25 year old miniseries to get nostalgia tickets.

The film is ass. Regardless of what RT claims.
>>
>>87509604
>>87509525
Yeah, a leper. He literally says "I saw a leper." Not "I saw a tall scary gross man"
>>
>>87509640
I refuse to believe you're not trolling. I bet you haven't even seen it yet.

At worst, I could see someone calling it mediocre or silly. But it's a great film by most accounts - manages to bring the spoops and the fun. The terror and the heartwarming moments are balanced masterfully. Like come on, were you expecting "Antichrist" or "The \/\/itch" or something?"
>>
>>87509604
disgusting + freaky tall would be a freaky combination. it's like in Pacific Rim where all the giants are shown way too close and you never really appreciate their massive size unless a helicopter or something is used for scale. it's not using what you have available to it's full potential.
>>
One moment I found creepy that no one seems to be mentioning was when the black kid first saw Pennywise, but just the bare outline of him hanging from behind those plastic things. It was so bizarre.
>>
>>87509640
>critics are wrong
>audiences are wrong
>my feefees are right
Hmmm doesn't work like that sweetie
>>
Kind of unrelated, but my friends are mostly normies and i hate going to scary movies with them cuz it always turns into "let's see who the biggest tough guy is"
I've learned to suspend all disbelief during horror flicks and love getting scared.
>>
>>87509719
And those EYES.

Also seeing the deadlights was pretty freaky. I think my spookiest part (which is probably a common) is the projector scene. It's creepy as shit in the trailer, but in the film the addition of the fucking giant demon shit crawling out of the screen was my OH SHIT moment.
>>
>>87502200
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
>>
>>87509601
I thought there was a 3D showing at my theater yesterday, there's only Big D and digital showings now. It must have been a special screening or something.
>>
>>87509772
The deadlights were a lot better than the glowing spider abdomen.

I wish they'd done the Chud ritual, but seeing the kids shitstomp Pennywise was pretty nice.
>>
>>87509796
Right? I loved the little message, too. That where one was weak, the others could be strong. And when they CHOSE not to fear... IT feared THEM.

Fucking loved it. It was like a boss battle, hah.
>>
File: IMG_3700.jpg (19KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3700.jpg
19KB, 256x256px
>>87509486
https://youtu.be/6NtWZR97mxw
I fucking loved Pennywise in this movie.

His mannerisms, his movements, his lair, it was all so good.
>>
>and now I'm going to kill this FUCKING clown
Name a more satisfying scene in any 2017 movie, I'll wait
>>
>>87509845
>t. 12 year old whose favorite horror movie is The Conjuring 2
>>
King might be a moron in the real world, and some of his stuff might be shit and cocaine fueled all-nighters, etc, but he sure does know how to capture childhood and growing up, for some reason.

Even with fucking cosmic horror demons or dead kid corpses hit by trains, he gets that feeling right every damn time.

I love that genre - "kids in a nostalgic setting deal with something huge and grow closer because of it." Makes me kind of sad, but very happy. Stand By Me, The Goonies, Super 8, etc. 2017 It was a great addition to that.
>>
File: Njet Bait.jpg (25KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
Njet Bait.jpg
25KB, 308x450px
>>87498905
Fuck off with your contrarian bait.
>>
>>87509922
Sorry you didn't like it, reddit
>>
I wish this was in higher resolution so we can read the graffiti.

All I see is...
>HATE CLOWN
>Ashley M_____ is Pregnant!
>Writing on walls is lame
>>
>>87502741
It kills the shit out of Eddie by crushing his ribcage in the TV version by eating his arm in the book
>>
>>87509969
>when Finn's character calls Bev "Molly Ringwald"

Love it. Love everything about it.
>>
>>87501570
>Characters that are literally you
>>
>>87498905

I liked it, though the ending dragged on a bit, it had some good scares. Just one question though, I don't see horror movies often is it normal for people in the cinema to TALK THE ENTIRE FUCKING TIME?! Like holy fuck, there were people having conversations almost the entire movie.
>>
>>87509707
I do think it's mediocre. I wouldn't rate it higher than a 5/10.

I was expecting a fun ride while Pennywise fucks with some kids. I got a dull, shakycam CGI snoozefest full of potentially interesting concepts executed on the level of Sharknado, unironically.
>>87509720
>I read it on the internet, it's gotta be objective and not in any way biased
Control your own "feefees" faggot. I understand kids today really want to fit in to some sort of group because it's some weird sense of pride...but you're wrong. This wasn't good. The only difference is I'm not being paid to say anything.
>>
>>87504013
I cut my finger open and my damn finger bone practically glowed.
>>
>>87509969
5 seconds on google you crumb bum. <3
>>
>>87508840

That's literally what they are.
>>
>>87509923
Reminder that Stand By Me was adapted from The Body, written by Stephen King.
>>
shitty screencap where???
>>
>>87509969
>>87508827
>>
>>87508840
Clearly you didn't grow up in the 80's

'82 here. I'm so damn old.
>>
>>87510022
Welcome to the modern age
>>
>>87510067
That why I said
>Even with fucking cosmic horror demons or *dead kid corpses hit by trains*
>>
>>87501979
pedo plz
>>
>>87510030
>I understand kids today
Holy fucking cringe, you're opinion is wrong by the way
>>
>>87510022
It's not normal. Maybe it's just for certain movies. A lot of dumb teenagers see horror movies.
>>
>>87498905
It was good actually. One of my favorite films of 2017.
>>
Who else is scared shitless by the painting lady? No wonder Uris kills himself when he comes back.
>>
>>87510022
The dude sitting behind me called every movie trailer "fucking gay." Every single one. Other than that my theater was pretty quiet.
>>
>>87510022
So, it's a common thing, and it enrages me for a couple reasons. This'll sound faggoty, but whatever. I'm a newcomer to the film industry. Got my BA in Film Production, and have been on a handful or real movies over the summer and I adore it. So when I see people just talking and being fucking rude not only to the others trying to enjoy a movie in the theatre but to all the hundreds of people to work on a movie just... infuriates me.

I also have misophonia and I really severely emotionally react to noises or talking in certain spaces. I'm basically an autist. It sucks

But at my screening of It there was a VERY obnoxious and VERY loud and VERY annoying redneck couple who were obviously retarded. When Georgie got fucked, they laughed almost comically loud and said "SHIT LITTLE BASTARD DUN GOT FUCKED THE FUCK UP" That is a direct quote.

I was pissed, but let it sit. Next, he screamed something like "THAT FAT FUCKER GOING DOWNSTAIRS, WHAT A DUMB ASS" and a woman stood up and said "shut the fuck up, asshole" and he started muttering to himself. Someone got the staff and they were escorted out by cops.

The rest of the film was watched in peace. Was great.
>>
>>87510046
>HATE CLOWN
/v/ is leaking again.
>>
>>87510213

Yes, that was fucking terrifying, even though it was pretty obvious it was going to happen when the painting fell over. The set ups in the movie were always obvious, but the execution made them frightening.
>>
>>87510123
Nigga, you said feefees. Get the fuck out of here with that cringe shit. You don't get to talk like a faggot, and then throw cringe out like it's some sort of auto-response that cancels out shit.

You're full of shit, your safety word proves you're underage, and it follows that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: 1492007875564.gif (929KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492007875564.gif
929KB, 200x200px
>>87510324
I'm not apart of this back and forth, but I don't think (You) know what you're talking about...
>>
>>87510263
The teeth reveal is everything you never wanted to see, even though you know your going to see something it doesn't dampen the impact.
>>
>>87500283
Because homeschooled kids are faggots
>>
>>87510324
Thats probably a girl youre replying to that is repressed af and just needs a good dick.
>>
Saw it with my friends yesterday, we all laughed at how ridiculous it was.
>>
>>87510221
I'm glad I don't live in the boonies any longer.
>>
>>87510324
Easy with the cringeposting, you're getting annoying
>>
>>87501570
This scene, the "Giant" pennywise scene, and a couple others just looked so, unrealistic?

I feel like that's the wrong word because of course it's fake, but the other scary moments felt much more real and immersive.
>>
>>87510378

And then your parents came and picked you all up from the cinema.
>>
>>87509796
>>>87509772
>The deadlights were a lot better than the glowing spider abdomen.
>I wish they'd done the Chud ritual, but seeing the kids shitstomp Pennywise was pretty nice.
chud? explain
>>
>>87510390
I live in metro Atlanta.

At the movies, 70% of the time, it's black people whooping and hollering and chit-chatting the entire film, and 29% of the time, rednecks doing the same thing.

The other 2% are me being smart and watching a movie 4 weeks into it's run on a Tuesday afternoon. But I was excited for "It."
>>
>>87509422
It's supposed to be what the 80's thoughts AIDs victims were so yeah, it's retarded
>>
Definitely.

It was boring, predictable, lost all of the sense of character dependency in the horror, was trite jump scare fest, formulaic.

I give the shit 3/10. It sucked but Bev was cute and the New Kids On The Block gag was funny.
>>
>>87510444
In the book, Bill does some weird mystical shit where he has a staring contest with It and gets thrown into the macroverse where It actually exists.
>>
>305 posts
>115 IPs
Jesus fucking christ friends, we get it you didn't like this movie, stop samefagging any time
>>
>>87510030
Nah, you're just trying to be a contrarian to try to stand out.
>>
>>87510504
>3 posts per IP
WAH STOP HAVING CONVERSATIONS!
>>
>>87510444
It's from the novel (and kinda the miniseries if I remember correctly.

A synopsis:

There are two forces in the universe. "It" and "Turtle." It is the malevolent - the devil. Turtle is the benevolent - the God. Outside of our universe is where they normally dwell.

The ritual expands the participants into the macroverse and it's like a spiritual battle of wits. It's interesting, but on screen, kinda weird.

Also, I love how they included Turtle God in the new film very subtly. Georgie built a Lego Turtle, and during the scene of innocence and fun in the quarry, there's a passing comment of a turtle brushing against someone's foot.
>>
>>87510534
>get busted
>i-it's a conversation
Quite pathetic if I'm honest with you, my family
>>
>>87510550
None of the turtle/Chud shit is in the TV miniseries.
>>
>>87510606
Maybe I imagined some weird dream sequence where the turtle appears or something.

Seems like something they'd do at the time. I've only seen It (hah) twice, years ago.
>>
>>87510631
Nah, the turtle always gets cut. Cut from the miniseries, cut from the Dark Tower. The lego turtle in this one is the closest any King adaptation's gotten to touching that stuff.
>>
>>87502047

Well he's Jewish what do you expect.
>>
>>87510360
No seriously. What the fuck are up with homeschooled kids? Every time you come across one, they smell and look like shit.
>>
Movie was fun. Glad they had that small moment where they quickly showed that its the kids believing things will work that lets them damage Pennywise. Small spider arms slicing around was also cool. Still don't get why the hell Pennywise just said fuck it and attacked Georgie but just dicked around with all the main kids. Didn't really find the movie "scary" for the most part (leper surprised me and was sorta unsettling for me) but it was fun and Pennywise was funny, not as funny as in the first movie, but I laughed and enjoyed seeing him and the kids were great to. Worried about part two though. I remember the adult characters being the weakest parts of the first movie.
>>
>>87499277
Only special theaters did
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.