[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1487149832085.jpg (125KB, 1000x791px) Image search: [Google]
1487149832085.jpg
125KB, 1000x791px
think about it
>>
File: Maps to the Stars 3.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Maps to the Stars 3.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>this romantic musical comedy love letter to more classic movies has a romanticised view of hollywood

yea no shit
>>
>>87496263
I'll take red just for the crying masturbation and lesbian sex scenes. Haven't seen the gay looking one on the right but it wouldn't make a difference if I did because I'm starting to realize modern films fucking suck and there's a whole plethora of past and foreign movies worth watching.
>>
>>87496517
Imagine being this gay
>>
Blue pill = store was called Chuck's Fuck & Suck because it matches Sneed's rhyming scheme
Red pill = store was called Chuck's Fuck & Cuck because Seed shares the first letter with Sneed
>>
>>87496423
When the fuck is Cronenberg gonna make a new film?
Also, I need to watch MttS again
>>
>>87496573
Black pill = Store was called Chuck's Feed and Seed and went out of business because the name wasn't catchy enough, and Sneed realised he could capitalise on it
Omega pill = Realising Sneed used to be called Chuck and changed his name because the store was going out busness
>>
They're actually rather similar in their juxtaposition of Hollywood romanticism with disappointing reality, though obviously Mulholland Drive pulls this off much better.
>>
>>87496517
>there's a whole plethora of past and foreign movies worth watching
i agree, but once in a while there is still something to look forward to.
>>
File: fear-and-loathing.jpg (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fear-and-loathing.jpg
541KB, 1920x1080px
>>87496561
I know I am but at least I'm not watching remakes and whatever gay muslim nigger shit they kept vomiting out.
>>
Watched Mulholland today. It made a lot of sense, there isn't really much confusion unless you're retarded.
Although one shouldn't overanalyze it, as it is David Lynch.
>>
File: 1478505754636.jpg (673KB, 1583x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478505754636.jpg
673KB, 1583x1024px
>>87496263
Because watching David Lynch films gives you taste.

Lmao.
>>
>>87497267
That's still better than Chazelle
>>
File: 1490125029152.jpg (34KB, 290x394px) Image search: [Google]
1490125029152.jpg
34KB, 290x394px
>>87497314
People who like Chazelle usually aren't completely deluded about their lack of taste. Lynchbabbies actually think they are even remotely patrician, which makes them so adorable. Just like the rabid fanboys of Wes Anderson, Kurosawa, and Hitchcock, among others.
>>
>>87496263
Red pill: Its impossible to make it in Hollywood
Blue pill: it is possible as long as you stay real to your dream
>>
Did everyone really miss the point of La La Land? It's not a film about romanticizing Hollywood, it's a film about realizing that loving something isn't enough, you have to sacrifice and compromise.

That's why Seb's jazz career failed until he decided to sell out and work with John Legend, because he had this idealized idea of what a musician was but could never obtain it.

That's why Mia's one-woman play failed, because even though she put her heart and soul into it, there's no participation medals in life, and nobody in Hollywood gives a shit about dreams they can't sell.

That's the central theme of the film, it's an homage to classic Hollywood, but it's also a critique on them. You can't have your cake and eat it too, because after all the song and dance, sometimes you're still stuck in traffic. That's why the bittersweet ending is so effective They both sacrificed each other, they gave up on love and the life they could have had together to be successful.
>>
>>87497540
good post
>>
>Mulholland Drive has no black men in it
>La La Land has one or maybe two black men in it

Matrix has two
>>
>>87497540
0/10 bait post
>>
>>87497540
ok post
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.