[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do teenagers know the Flintstones outside of the vitamins and cereal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3802.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3802.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
Do teenagers know the Flintstones outside of the vitamins and cereal?
>>
Yes if they have boomerang
>>
They probably know of it through cultural osmosis, and maybe got up too early one morning and accidentally saw part of an episode, but that's about it
I doubt anyone below the age of 50 has any real, indepth knowledge of it
>>
Probably not. But it was a terrible cartoon. They'll know it once Seth Macfarlane reboots it though
>>
>>87493971
Cool, they can turn Dino into an alcoholic liberal mouthpiece.
>>
>>87493431
Flinstones = republicans
Jetsons = Democrats
>>
>>87493916
I'm 32 and reruns of flintstones and looney tunes were ubiquitous
>>
>>87494081
This. Also I love my Winstons.
https://youtu.be/NAExoSozc2c
>>
>>87493431
Yes, they've probably never actually watched it though
>>87493971
Is that happening?
>>
>>87493916
>anyone below the age of 50
I'm 32 like >>87494130 and as a kid I havd watched shit loads of flintstones.
Not just flintstones, wacky races, jetsons and crap loads of old cartoon shows and loony tunes all way before my time.
Shit carroon network own hannah barbera cartoons
>>
In early 2016, Warner Bros. announced plans for a shared universe of new animated films based on various Hanna-Barbera characters, starting with Scooby, a reboot of the Scooby-Doo film series, scheduled for theatrical release in May 2020.
>>
>>87493431
no cause it's fucking boring
>>
Flintstones, looney tunes, wacky races, Scooby-Doo etc were all used as mass filler during the summer time in the 80s and 90s. If you "grew up" with them you probably didn't go out much.
>>
>>87494130
Yeah, in the 90s. A teenager in 2017 is someone that was born in 1999 or later.
>>
>>87493835
teenagers don't watch boomerang
>>
>>87493431
I'm sure there are some who've watched it. I used to watch this a ton in the morning a few years ago.
>>
Kids born within the last 15 or so years have never seen:

>Classic Disney shorts like Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc
>Classic Hanna-Barbera
>Looney Tunes
>Popeye
>Peanuts

etc. I work as a middle school teacher and they mostly seem to think that Yogi Bear for instance is like a toy product.
>>
>>87497262
I'm 35 and frankly I thought most of those sucked. I always hated sick days when CN would put Tom and Jerry on in the afternoon.
>>
>>87497262
Those shows are all terrible, I watched them back to back and I wish I could kick my younger selfs ass into doing literally anything else. I've seen some dumb shit that I could later at least talk about with other people, but those shows were worthless dreck designed to keep kids eyes glued to the TV. I hate the fact that I know those shows so well.

I stayed watching cartoons through about 2005 though, at least they got a little better but I'm glad I threw away my TV a fucking decade ago
>>
>>87497389
I disagree with you on Looney Tunes but yeah, I don't think I'll ever discover a newfound appreciation for Popeye. The respect people give to Charles Schultz and Peanuts has always been baffling to me as well.
>>
>>87497489
Looney tunes I can live with, they had more hits than misses. I'm still disgusted that I know every episode by heart, I'm just sick of them. But that's my fault. Doesn't make any shit cartoon I sat through better though, I'm very bitter towards nostalgia culture for this reason exactly
>>
>>87493431
I hope not the Flintstones is fucking boring garbage, only noteworthy thing about it is Winston Cigarettes
>>
no, those little queers grew up on Ben 10 and Adventure Time.
>>
>>87497601
Yeah. I'd argue that Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs had superior writing to anything in classic cartoons. More substance too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.