[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this good? should I watch the old ones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: The_X-Files_Season_10_DVD.png (177KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
The_X-Files_Season_10_DVD.png
177KB, 300x427px
is this good? should I watch the old ones?
>>
>>87488815
>should I watch the old ones?
How young are you, junior?
>>
>>87488815
You should watch seasons 1-5 imo
And remember, the early seasons are now available in 16:9 HD, so if you downloaded the older 4:3 in SD, delet.
>>
File: x files philly.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
x files philly.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
1-2 good and comfy
4-5 consistent
6 inconsistent with a couple GOAT episodes
7 even more inconsistent with a couple great episodes

The Return or whatever they called it: The Weremonster episode is one of the series' best, couple passable episodes, and a couple dreadful episodes, i.e. Carter's shitty convoluted Mytharc.
>>
File: sr819.png (185KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
sr819.png
185KB, 720x405px
>seasons 1-4
mythology > motw

>season 5 on
meme episodes > motw > mythology

>>87490450
Darin Morgan was always GOAT
>>
File: 50433.ScullyFlirt.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
50433.ScullyFlirt.gif
1MB, 600x338px
Can someone please post the webm
>>
>>87488815
lol get a load of this guy

"should I watch teh X files"

hahahahaha

the answer is yes kid
>>
>>87490362
watch season 1-6.
>>
>>87490450
>Season 3
>The best season
>>
yes you should watch the old episodes. and don't give me any of that autistic "which episodes should i watch", just start from the beginning and move on from there ya dummy. things get worse after s5 or so, but that's television for you. also agent reyes is awful but that's just how it is.

comedy episodes > everything else.
deal with it

i've only seen episode one from the new season, and it was so bad i decided to not watch anymore. i might try again later since some people are saying the monster episodes are decent.
>>
>>87490850
WHAT IS MYTHOLOGY
WHAT IS MOTW
WHAT ARE MEME EPISODES
>>
>>87492706
mythology refers to the story arc of the entire series, the main plot if you will. shadow government, aliums, invasion, clones, what have you. so they're the episodes that drive the plot of the show forward.

motw is short of monster of the week. these episodes are basically stand-alone episodes where they investigate an x-file, usually tracking down a monster. you could say they're fillers, but they're usually good, some prefer these over the motw episodes.

meme episodes, i guess this refers to the comedy episodes. they're like motw episodes but they're meant to be funny there aren't a lot of these.
>>
File: 1441219946371.png (216KB, 659x352px) Image search: [Google]
1441219946371.png
216KB, 659x352px
>>87492706
>>87492932
this anon explained it better than I could ever have.

>>87492572
watch ep3, it's one of the best comedy episodes ever, by Darin Morgan, with a shitload of Kolchak references.

ep5 (or 4 maybe, whichever has the terrorists and Mulder on shrooms) is Carter trying to write a meme ep, and it's so fucking terrible it's actually fascinating to watch.
>>
Underrated AF episodes:
>Via Negativa
>Syzygy
>John Doe
>Avatar
>Red Museum
>Brand X
>Audrey Pauley
>Never Again
>Blood
>All Souls
>Nothing Important Happened Today I & II
>Scary Monsters
>Gender Bender
>Dæmonicus
>Trevor
>The List
>Miracle Man
>Hell Money
>Surekill
>Teliko
>Ghost in the Machine
>3
>Home Again
>>
>>87493445
cont.
>First Person Shooter
>Babylon
>>
>>87493092
i was let down by the new season because i didn't like the first episode and saw that the second was most likely just more or the same so i gave up, will go for ep3 though. might watch 1 and 2 first unless my obsession.

does the season actually "end" or is it left open for more.
>>
>>87492706
Meme eps are the one where Mulder wears a pink polo with the collar popped and a sweater tied around his neck to fit into a planned community.
>>
>>87493642
it ends on a giant cliffhanger.

only the first and the lest eps are myth. the rest are self-contained (and basically don't make any sense in Carter's newly established canon)
>>
>>87490450
Season 1 is really underrated
Watching it on blu ray really shows how amazing it looks, wish the new series could have the same atmosphere
>>
>>87493445
>Underrated AF episodes
The Field Where I Died
>>
File: wowsuchscepticverymystery.png (267KB, 624x464px) Image search: [Google]
wowsuchscepticverymystery.png
267KB, 624x464px
note to self:

they're making more new seasons

hopefully they resurrect this properly
>>
best episode ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985Jq_1mrtc
>>
>>87492376
Yeah, i meant to say 3-5
>>
>>87494296
The acting sucks and the screenplay is pretentious junk. Worst episode of the whole franchise.
>>
>>87493741
that's not a meme episode. That's a MotW with fan-service. Hollywood A.D. is a meme episode
>>
>>87494296
was that the one about mulder's ancestor, they're at some cultist's ranch or whatever? some revolutionary war thing?

that was terrible. i think it was the worst one, after 3
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.