[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Room 237

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4962.jpg (36KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4962.jpg
36KB, 300x450px
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think?
>stream of conscious review kino
>>
I like the documentary a lot, but I think almost all the theories are wrong
>>
They were all wrong
>>
The theories about the native Americans seemed most likely. Fits with all the imagery and sounds. Everything else was garbage
>>
>>87487608
everything is. they are trying too hard.
>>
>>87487103
This film isn't actually about the shining. It's about all the people featured and how something as small as a film can change their lives forever. Watch it again with that in mind you plebs.
>>
>>87487608
That was one of the first ones? It was insane, thought up by an insane person.
>>
People always over analyze Kubrick's films and miss the obvious point. Like how they always try to make EWS about some deep Illuminati conspiracy while ignoring that the film is just a commentary on sensual relationships, and the symbolism is there to outline that.
>>
the biggest flaw in the "Kubrick faked the Moon Landing" theory is that if Kubrick did open his mouth his children would have been killed.
they're still alive.
>>
>>87488641
I thought this was obvious. But still I dont agree with your comment 100 percent. I think the movie is ABOUT the shining or rather it's about what the shining is about, and about what most other Stanley Kubrick movies are about and even what Stanley Kubrick was "about" or his mythology his MO etc. namely, obsession and how through it, seemingly rational modes of thought can transition into irrationality.
>>
Only correct theory:

Danny let Jack out of the freezer
>>
>>87487608
If it had just been that and the narrations weren't recorded in some guy's baby room it could've been kino.
>>
The ski poster definitely looks like a man with short legs, but everything else about the minotaur theory is tenuous at best
The stuff about indians and genocide representing human tragedy on an understandable scale also seem valid
>>
I'm really sick and tired of over-analysis of Horror movies -- or movies in general -- ESPECIALLY if it's The Shining.

Fuck Rob Ager and every idiot who likes him.
>>
File: regular.png (337KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
regular.png
337KB, 500x498px
>>87487103
>this has a higher RT score than the actual movie
>>
>>87489273
Pretty sure they took away his daughter.
>>
File: image.png (220KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
220KB, 750x1334px
>>87490015
I really hate critics
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.