[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is LotR so good and the Hobbit so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Ringstrilogyposter.jpg (143KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ringstrilogyposter.jpg
143KB, 800x540px
How is LotR so good and the Hobbit so bad?
>>
no niggers
>>
3 movies from 1000 pages of source material.

3 movies from 200 pages of source material.
>>
Because you were 12 when you saw LotR
>>
File: guillermo_del_toro.jpg (91KB, 780x521px) Image search: [Google]
guillermo_del_toro.jpg
91KB, 780x521px
>dude what?
>>
LotR cut scenes that weren't necessary to include from the books, and made a (mostly faithful adaption of the books.
The Hobbit barely covered every event, despite having the same amount of movies to cover one fifth the amount of pages, and added so much OC filler that it's barely recognizable to the book. Not too mention the CGI looked dated on day one, where as LotR still looks great, other than the ents.
>>
>>87486378
Lotr was funded and supported by people who wanted to see the movies done right.
Hobbit was funded by Warner Bro who wanted cheap money based of Lotr's success
>>
>>87486524
Joke's on you, I was thirteen.
>>
>>87486650
This, based fucking New Line Cinema
>>
>>87486650
This

Eternal respect for the work of J R R
>>
>obligatory post that pretty much explains all the problems
>people still haven't seen this video which is posted in literally every thread about the hobbit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
>>
>>87486650
>not Del Toro is a fatass who pulled out leaving Jackson to step in and try to scuttle the sinking ship with like little to no time left
>>
>>87486378
Peter Jackson had 3 years to prepare LOTR.
he had a month to prepare the Hobbit when the other dorector Del Tror walked out.
>>
>>87486378
check out the The Hobbit - Dustin Lee Edit - its now just a single 4 hour movie with all the crap that isnt in the book removed. google it, its free.
>>
File: 1479253924772.jpg (558KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479253924772.jpg
558KB, 1600x1000px
>>87486378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ&list=WL&index=10
>>
>>87486378
No prep time. Overworked staff. Lots and lots of Hollywood exec meddling.

If you go watch the fan edits like the Maple Films one, there is actually a really good Hobbit movie in the midst of all that chaos.
>>
File: IMG_5105.jpg (63KB, 741x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5105.jpg
63KB, 741x448px
>>87486378
I tuned out as soon as I saw CGI orcs. The love triangle made me suicidal.
>>
File: this-is-my-surprised-face.jpg (39KB, 492x370px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-my-surprised-face.jpg
39KB, 492x370px
>>87486378
It's incredible that the cartoon Hobbit is literally 40 years old, was made on a nothing budget, and is still the definitive film version of the Hobbit.

It should not have been hard to top this. The animation looks ridiculous, it's hyper-abridged, the acting is ludicrous, the songs... dear, god the songs... some of them are kinda catchy actually. But they didn't. They failed. 3 feature films and name actors and a 4 trillion dollar budget, and they couldn't get more Hobbit onscreen than a made-for-tv cartoon that's older than most of the cast.

"In certain older, civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves... on their swords."
>>
>>87487837
the animation captures JRR Tolkiens personal drawings though, that film is pure kino.
>>
Hobbit didn't have Galadriel riverdancing in it
>>
>>87487837
>still the definitive film version of the Hobbit
https://youtu.be/Sl7w2Z0vGpA
>>
>>87489291
touche
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 183x275px
APOLOGIZE
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.