[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: iii.jpg (7KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
iii.jpg
7KB, 182x268px
What's the appeal?
>>
>>87477755
>Fantastic soundtrack
>Great cinematography
>Lead actress give a pretty good performance
>Does a good job a building a really tense atmosphere
>Concept that's both original and thought provoking, even if silly
>>
>>87477755
It can be watched., that's enough for modern days.
>>
File: jacko.jpg (19KB, 245x229px) Image search: [Google]
jacko.jpg
19KB, 245x229px
>>87477838
>>Fantastic soundtrack
>>Great cinematography
lol
>>
>>87477755
dude sex lmao
fuck who u want bro its fun :)
>>
it's the pseudo 80s fad
>>
Is this the one where the mom drowns her son in cum? Or am I remembering something weird and japanese.
>>
>>87478721
That sounds a bit like a scene from Visitor Q, which is indeed Japanese.

>>87477838
This, basically.
>>
>>87478641
not being able to recognize good film making just means you dont watch enough films
>>
>>87478641

The soundtrack is generally agreed to be one of the film's strongest qualities, say what you will about it but it is pretty to look at. The general shot composition is really on point, with a lot of really striking images. There are also some fantastic tracking shots and long takes in the movie.

The movie is flawed and not the 10/10 masterpiece that people hailed it as upon release, mostly script/pacing related issues in the third act, but give credit where credit is due.
>>
inb4 "did she fuck the guys on the boat"
>>
>>87477755
cautionary tale against roasties and chads. strong christian morals.
>>
>>87477755
Seriously, one of the most overrated films. It was boring, the film equivalent to watching paint dry.
>>
>>87477755
reminds me of early 80s John Carpenter.
>>
>>87477755
>implying you didn't drop your butter when the tall guy burst through the door
>>
>>87477755
It starts off good. Then it goes to shit when they learn the spooky STD can be stopped by shooting it in the head
>>
>inb4 the usual mouthbreathers flood the thread with their idiotic rhetoric about how the movie is dumb and how they'd defeat/outrun/trap "it"

The fact that brainlets get so hung up on that shit speaks volumes about how hard the average movie goer missed the entire fucking point of the film.
>>
>>87478803
This. I was just as excited for the movie as everyone else. Great trailer, even better soundtrack. And the movie had very Halloween-inspired cinematography, a unique monster, good performances. Hell, I even liked the dumb ending. I got a kick out of watching their plan immediately blow up in their faces.

But the movie was pretty disappointing, and certainly wasn't worthy of all the fellating it got. I think the horror landscape is so dismal that any time something remotely original comes along, it's "the greatest thing ever". I'd rank this somewhere around Pontypool--great idea, some good moments, kind of a letdown.
>>
Why was that thing on the roof of the fucking house?
>>
>>87479140
More importantly: why wasn't it moving in that moment?
>>
>>87477755
>le AIDS monster
It's shit
>>
>>87478641
Plebbus Maximus
>>
>>87479082
The ending wasn't even dumb, it was just the climax that was a little silly, cliche, and kind of pointless. The actual resolution is great.

No matter what she does, "it" will never stop following Jaime. She can't kill it, she can't trap it, and she can't escape it. She can fuck a bunch of dudes to achieve a temporary release, but inevitably it will catch up to her again. Her living in constant fear, always running away and avoiding the problem, is inevitable unless she learns to accept "it" as part of her life. Stop running, and with the help of loved ones that understand what she's dealing with learn to live with "it" so that she can move on with her life.

"It" is a metaphor if you haven't caught on.

I honestly don't know how so many people missed this shit, it's really fucking blatant. It's as if they're blatantly ignored the subtext and themes of the film.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.