[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AJ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: wallpaper_aj_v2-1600.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_aj_v2-1600.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
Why don't people understand this character?

>second child
>mommas boy
>father was barely there
>parents only focused on the education and future of Meadow
>coddled
>spoiled

but they way he turned out was his fault?
>>
for sure his upbringing didn't help, both of those kids suffered because of who their parents were, but to me the ultimate point was that there was no point. he was just born stupid, and meadow was born smart, because genetic recombination is a hell of a thing.

you can tell the writers sort of kept their options open for AJ and meadow depending on how the child actors turned out, but after season 3, AJ settles into being the retarded fuck up he is, and so much of his arc from that point on is his parents fighting what they know in their hearts is a losing battle.

a lot of parents go through this, where they realize that the kid's personality is fully formed at birth and there's nothing they can do to change it. there's an expression that goes something like "a child raises the parent they want to be brought up by"
>>
who cares post pics of ajs hot blonde gf
>>
>>87464685
Hits too close to home.
>>
aj reminded me too much of myself. i like him a lot more now than i did back then.
>>
>>87464685
Rewatching the Sopranos on and off. Sort of amazing how red pilled the writers were. The amount of ethnic awareness is astounding.
>>
>>87465279
>AJ settles into being the retarded fuck up he is, and so much of his arc from that point on is his parents fighting what they know in their hearts is a losing battle

but thats not right, they never guided him, they just thought since day 1 that'd he'd be fine, he's the male, he'll probably take over the "family business" and that she shouldnt worry, go work a blockbuster, here take some cash and go party. All the while they've got so much planned for meadow, her college, their dreams of a "Dr. Soprano", they left AJ in the fucking dust.
>>
File: Meadow.webm (3MB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
Meadow.webm
3MB, 500x720px
>>87464685
>>
>>87465437
not true. think of how Tony encouraged him with football, freaking out when he said he didn't want to go to college, the military academy, Tony in therapy almost crying when he says to Melfi "How are we gonna save this kid?" after they find out AJ can't go to military school, getting him into a new school in-between seasons 3 & 4, constantly bringing up the dream of "event planning" he once had, being stricter with him in season 5 when Tony and Carmela separated, Tony's subconscious lamenting that "the die is cast" in the Test Dream episode, Carmela being pissed when he drops out of community college in season 6, Tony forcing him to get the construction job...
>>
>>87466032
i don't remember what happened with the event planning dream, last thing i heard about that was at Sack's daughters wedding, how did that fall through?

and all those things, the construction job, military school, the community college, they were all stuff he didnt want to do, they were basically no-show jobs so they can look like decent parents, they didn't nurture him, help him find out what HE liked, then when it was too late they wanted him to choose a career, any port in the storm, become a working class hero. It's bullshit.

i've never projected this hard in my life, but it's true
>>
>blaming others for your shitty attitude
>>
>>87466466
>they were basically no-show jobs so they can look like decent parents
Wow you have no idea what you're talking about
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.