[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do americans still applaud after watching a movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: pepeshart.jpg (50KB, 492x493px) Image search: [Google]
pepeshart.jpg
50KB, 492x493px
Do americans still applaud after watching a movie?
>>
>>87455806
Avatar was the last one where I clapped
>>
>>87455806
Clapping is out of style.
You just snap your crab claws or have your falcon screech and beat its wings really hard now.
>>
>>87455806
We do. Even in our own homes, while watching commercials.
>>
>>87455806
>not clapping for your hard working projectionist

asshole move desu
>>
>>87455806
yup. you also clap if the burger at the restaurant was good. the chef comes and you clap for him.
>>
>>87455806
yes, even when I'm at home

I do it loud so the neighbors can hear me and join in
>>
>>87455806
I clap even after when I use the bathroom.
>>
>>87455806
Its a silly meme. Of course everyone knows that clapping after a movie doesn't somehow show appreciation to the film makers. Its a way of people in the theater expressing the significance of the emotional movement they felt and letting others know that they join with them in this emotional experience. It could just as easily be snapping fingers or stomping feet. The fact that it is the same action with a different meaning in a live performance setting is insignificant. People also boo and hiss at bad movies and its not because they think the director or actor can hear its to express themselves and let everyone else in the cinemaplex know what they think. Its mostly just about Americans being overly expressive of thier own opinion and failing to recognize that nobody does or should care about anyone else's opinion of a movie.

I was fought off guard the first time people clapped at the end of a movie because it just didn't occur to me I was list in my own reflection and thoughts. But when everyone seemed to be expressing thier pleasure with the experience I had no problem adding my affirmation of satisfaction to that of the crowd. That was the one time I joined in and clapped seriously as an emotional expression.

The other two times I clapped were at the ends of movies where a great number of people sighed or gasped in displeasure and exasperation. At the end of Inception people were hissing and sighing and so I started a slow but thunderous clap all by myself. At the end if Tree of Life, the entire theater was silent, and so started clapping furiously for several minutes to show my pleasure
>>
>>87455806
only if it's star wars.
>>
File: 1468873208414.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468873208414.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>87456350
>At the end if Tree of Life, the entire theater was silent, and so started clapping furiously for several minutes to show my pleasure
>>
>>87455806
I thought this was just a /tv/ meme until I went to the theatre for the first time in a few years (Texas). I saw the new Pirates, and people were clapping DURING THE MOVIE when characters they liked showed up on screen or did something action-y. I have never been so embarrassed to be an american.
>>
Once I was watching the first hardy potter with my mum and brother when I was about 12 or so and at the end a few people clapped it was cringe worthy from belief I can't imagine that happening every time. It's as bad as when Americans (and whore females) go "woo" when excited, not like rick flair but a bit higher pitched, very disturbing.
>>
File: 1491220352359.jpg (12KB, 240x207px) Image search: [Google]
1491220352359.jpg
12KB, 240x207px
>>87455806
>clap really hard
>usher gives me the "this guy is going to tip the most" look
only give him a 5
>>
File: 1500436157484.jpg (20KB, 362x357px) Image search: [Google]
1500436157484.jpg
20KB, 362x357px
At the end of bee movie I shat on the floor as a token to the film makers
>>
On an unrelated note, I worked at a movie theater and I had to clean up shit after a showing of Bee Movie
>>
File: 1342916339061.png (566KB, 1212x751px) Image search: [Google]
1342916339061.png
566KB, 1212x751px
I really really really like this meme.
>>
>>87455806
Clapping was banned at my theater because of a recent spate of non-authorized shootings. I thought banning open carrying in the theater would have been an easier fix but most Americans only visit the kinorama because of the lax gun regulation. I understand not wanting to leave the house without your for arm but the mandatory "firing breaks" are getting excessive.
>>
>>87458404
sorry, i got my crab legs extra greasy but that plays with my stomach. Thought if I kicked it under the popcorn trough no one would notice
>>
>>87455806
i couldn't tell ya, the "No Singles" policy has kept me out of the theater for a few years now
>>
I use to do it because I didn't know any better
>>
>>87460718
Then you clapped harder and longer?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.