[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one did it better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: pottery.jpg (258KB, 1220x976px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
258KB, 1220x976px
Which one did it better?
>>
Fucking hell you right. Its the exact same pattern.
>>
Samurai Jack at least ended with its hero accomplishing his mission and not getting completely fucked over.
>>
>>87446155
Genndy forgot a lot of things and really rushed the ending.
>>
>>87446539
So did Twin Peaks if you actually understood the episode and remembered the Fireman's advice to Cooper/ Richard.
>>
>>87446539
>bob killed
>doppleganger coop sent back to the lodge
remind me again how coop failed to do either of these things which were established in the s2 cliffhanger.
>>
>>87446920
They are stuck in la la land thanks to Judy?
>>
>>87446675
>>87446920
>brought Laura back from the peaceful afterlife she gained at the end of FWWM and reincarnated her into the life of a white trash whore who probably murdered a guy and has done who knows what else
>lost his beloved secretary and the last woman left in the world who loves him
>failed to stop Judy
>stuck in another world
>slowly losing his identity and probably his sanity
Yeah, you're right, Cooper totally won in the end.
>>
>>87446546
just like twin peaks, hence the thread.
>>
>>87448102
yeah but there wasn't a lot of mindless fluff that gets dropped like in Twin PEaks, different situations.
>>
File: 1490474818333.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490474818333.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
Both were really good, but I think Twin Peaks was overall more consistently good.

Samurai Jack started out 10/10 for the first several episodes, but the quality somewhat diminished towards the end as it became more rushed, and the love story didn't resonate with everyone. They're both great though, and I'm happy with how they both turned out.
>>
>>87446155
>comparing film to some kiddie cartoon
>>
>>87446155
Both were great. Jack was fun and conclusive, and The Return is highly rewatchable kino.

Endings? Jack has a conclusive but rushed ending. The wedding scene felt super rushed (and Gurren Lagann did it better), but the final naturalistic scene is pure animated kino. The Return is not very satisfying and leaves a lot of questions and unresolved plot points, but is also damn near perfect in terms of themes presented. Coops cannot save Laura, ever.

So basically: Sad, flawed and conclusive ending, but with a silver lining? Or a sad, nonconclusive, but kino ending with infinite discussion and speculation potential (that may also be season 4 bait)? I like them both, but neither is ideal.
>>
File: Samurai-Jack-Finale2.jpg (116KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Jack-Finale2.jpg
116KB, 1000x750px
>>87452202
That final shot truly was something special.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.