[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attacked by Rotten Tomatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 07ROTTENTOMATOES1-superJumbo.jpg (485KB, 2048x1333px) Image search: [Google]
07ROTTENTOMATOES1-superJumbo.jpg
485KB, 2048x1333px
>Between the first weekend in May and Labor Day, a sequel-stuffed period that typically accounts for 40 percent of annual ticket sales, box office revenue in North America totaled $3.8 billion, a 15 percent decline from the same span last year. To find a slower summer, you would have to go back 20 years. Business has been so bad that America’s three biggest theater chains have lost roughly $4 billion in market value since May.

>Ready for the truly alarming part? Hollywood is blaming a website: Rotten Tomatoes.

>“I think it’s the destruction of our business,” Brett Ratner, the director, producer and film financier, said at a film festival this year.

http://archive.is/RnRBp
>>
File: 07ROTTENTOMATOES2-superJumbo.jpg (543KB, 2048x1537px) Image search: [Google]
07ROTTENTOMATOES2-superJumbo.jpg
543KB, 2048x1537px
>Some studio executives privately concede that a few recent movies — just a few — were simply bad. Flawed marketing may have played a role in a couple of other instances, they acknowledged, along with competition from Netflix and Amazon.

>But most studio fingers point toward Rotten Tomatoes, which boils down hundreds of reviews to give films “fresh” or “rotten” scores on its Tomatometer. The site has surged in popularity, attracting 13.6 million unique visitors in May, a 32 percent increase above last year’s total for the month, according to the analytics firm comScore.

>Studio executives’ complaints about Rotten Tomatoes include the way its Tomatometer hacks off critical nuance, the site’s seemingly loose definition of who qualifies as a critic and the spread of Tomatometer scores across the web. Last year, scores started appearing on Fandango, the online movie ticket-selling site, leading to grousing that a rotten score next to the purchase button was the same as posting this message: You are an idiot if you pay to see this movie.
>>
Partly right

Movies with average 4.8 and 17% vs movies with average 5.6 and 90%.

70% normies take 90% movie, and totally ignore 17% one, even if both have close quallity.

People look at % more than average. RT should swap these. Make % smaller and under score, make score showing bigger, inseat %.
>>
>>87439339
Most new movies nowadays are plainly, just shit.
>>
>>87439339
not a tear is shed.
>>
>>87439339
>Brett Ratner
Massive douche and a hack. People knowing his movies are shit probably would be the end for him.
>>
>our shit movies keep getting bad reviews!
>the fault lies with these sites that review them
>>
>make a shit movie
>complain that consumers share the info that it is shit
>try to get rid of the platform they are using
>>
At least they're not blaming "those fucking millennials for not wanting to pay $50 to watch our garbage".
>>
>Mr. Ratner’s sentiment was echoed almost daily in studio dining rooms all summer, although not for attribution, for fear of giving Rotten Tomatoes more credibility. Over lunch last month, the chief executive of a major movie company looked me in the eye and declared flatly that his mission was to destroy the review-aggregation site.

Jesus Christ.
>>
Hollywood is literally built upon pumping shit out into cinemas and making people watch it. It probably is the death knell of the industry but is that really so bad?
>>
>>87440044
this. They were producing shits since 30s. It is nothing new, just nowdays it is easier to see reviews that it was 70-50-30 years ago.
>>
File: ppRBUoY.png (74KB, 227x349px) Image search: [Google]
ppRBUoY.png
74KB, 227x349px
>>87439339
>“I think it’s the destruction of our business,” Brett Ratner
>>
>>87439339
>i can hardly afford my third yacht anymore
>>
>>87439339
Maybe they should stop making bad movies?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.