[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such thing as feminism done right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

Is there such thing as feminism done right?
>>
>>87438766
No, coz feminism is supposed to make women EQUAL, while they go over the top and TRY to make them superior.
>>
File: Margaery-Tyrell-S4.jpg (37KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Margaery-Tyrell-S4.jpg
37KB, 320x480px
>one of the smartest characters on the show
>uses her feminity to reach the top
>is cunning and clever and plays the game right

I actually liked her more than a 90 pound teenage girl killing everyone with plot armor
>>
File: Fargo marge.jpg (456KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fargo marge.jpg
456KB, 2000x1000px
It can be done without turning them into a super muscular dude.
>>
>>87438879
>rides men's coattails the whole way to the top
pretty accurate tbqh
>>
>>87438879
Marg is the strongest female character the show ever had. I assume her feigned "submission" to her suitors turned off the YAS QUEEN crowd, and she wasn't an exciting enough character for a lot of the casual male GOT fans.
>>
>>87438980
>>87438879
>every strong female character is named Marg[e]

I think we cracked the case.
>>
>>87438766
Yes. Dangerous Women anthology by Gardner Dozois. Shows actual strong women. Mothers, grandmothers, kids. And no womyn powaaa at all.
>>
>>87438879

>Plays the game right
>Literally rides dicks to the top

So strong
>>
>>87439310

In her situation, that was the best thing to do. She even says that in her first episode
>>
Isn't basically any movie with an interesting female character that goes through some important development, "feminism done right"?
I agree with the idea that a strong female character needs a particular trait that is "the fact that it wouldn't work if you replace the character with a male version of it".
Rey from Star Wars, for example, could easily be replaced by a male without changing the story. Same for Jyn Erso.
>>
I think Silence of the Lambs did it right. The whole movie she is in a "mans world" and is constantly feeling the "male gaze" and their prejudice against her. Yet she proves herself and earns everyone's respect by stopping Buffalo Bill. This is also done without reverting to her being some super badass hand to hand combat expert and tactical master. Even the one scene where she talks about "feminism' and equality is really well done and isn't "let go of my hand" tier.
>>
>>87439310
That is how you play the game right as a woman.
She'll probably win the game in the books, or at least the only one she can lose to is dany and only because dany has magic dragons; not because she's better at the game. Same for the show, up to the point where D&D went full-fanfic and just removed half their cast so they wouldn't have to strain their puny minds to write them anymore.
Of course, the truth of this goes completely opposite to modern culture and especially feminism. Which is so many female characters outside of pure dramas/comedies/etc. are just pseudo-men now. Just one of many ways in which feminism makes everything it touches worse.
>>
>>87439310
It's evolution bro,
femals are attracted to powerful/successful males so males try to become successful/powerful to attract females
rinse and repeat
>>
>>87438766
Have you thought about Rooney today?
>>
>>
>>87440846
>female character has to suck dicks in order to be good

How boring.
>>
starship troopers?
>>
>>87440792
When SotL came out, it was praised for this, but as time has gone by and feminists have become more radical, opinions have soured. I've read feminist critiques of the film which state that Clarice is merely 'playing a man,' and thus the film is sexist. Apparently by fulfilling her role as a competent FBI agent, Clarice is 'playing a man.' I wonder if the author of that critique ever saw the irony.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.