[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you want this to bomb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9912.jpg (31KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9912.jpg
31KB, 620x349px
Do you want this to bomb?
>>
>>87432952
no.
>>
>>87432952
No I want it to be good so the sellout George Lucas gets overshadowed by the new movies and the generations to come never watch any OG Star Wars films
>>
I like it more when capeshit flops.
But that's improbable.
It will make less money than R1 and that's good enough.
>>
I don't care enough about it to want it to bomb.
>>
File: 1450576941344-3.jpg (16KB, 417x387px) Image search: [Google]
1450576941344-3.jpg
16KB, 417x387px
>>87432952
>too lazy to get to see Rogue One at kinoplex
>think i pirate it eventually because it's star wars
>con't even bother myself to sit through it anymore

I gotta be honest, i am not going to watch it. Seeing a bit of Disney crash and burn is just a cherry on top.
>>
>>87433004
Capeshit is about to flop. It's almost been 10 years since the first Iron Man (the birth of modern capeshit, if you will). Normally it would last longer, but there's too much of it in too many kind of media. It's going to flop HARD and FAST and the studios will not understand what's happening.

Normies are about to LOATHE capeshit very soon. It won't just be capeshit fatigue, it's going to be HATE and SHAME for all things superhero.

2018 (maybe early 2019) is the end of the garish costumes action heroes ride.
>>
>>87433099
You don't know how normies work, do you?
>>
>>87433099
>tfw capeshit is going to be the mullet of our generation
>>
>>87432952
No. I like Rian Johnson's films and having a massive hit under his belt will make it easier to get financing in the future.
>>
>>87433111
I do. That's the point. It's always the same thing. Genre gets popular. They milk it out too much. Normies start to hate it and shame others who still like it. Genre becomes a joke. New genre is introduce and it's THE BEST THANG EVA.
>>
>>87433099
i remember faggots saying this when phase 2 started and here we are about to start phase 4
>>
>>87433161
Phase 2 was too soon. It's been 10 years now. Don't forget that a lot of kids are becoming adults now and will hate what they liked as a kid on principle.
>>
Star Wars belongs in the 70s and 80. Enough already with fucking Star Wars.
>>
>>87433215
I dislike capeshit but people don't turn on their childhood interests when they become adults, they get nostalgic.
>>
>>87433238
They get nostalgic later in life, not at 18-19.
>>
I want all movies to be good.
>>
>>87432952
I want it to be good but if it is exactly like Empire Strikes Back, I will be pissed and I think the majority of fans will be too.
Everyone is starting to wake up to how much Episode 7 is similar to Episode 4 and if this bombs, Kathleen has no place to hide!
>>
>>87433099
This.
Capeshit will start flopping hard just like the massproduced westerns or 80s zombie movies, at one point even the most casual moviegoer will become fed up with it.
But it will never "dissapear", just like westerns and zombie movies never dissapear fully.
>>
>>87432952
>Will it make less money than TFA
Likely
>Will it be a flop
No. Hell no.
>>
>>87432952

Yep. The sooner this shit flops, the sooner we can go back to new Star Wars stories without the current leads. And hopefully some better writing. I also hope Disney will stop raping the other characters by creating spin-offs for them.
>>
I'm bored to death of Star Wars already.
>>
>>87432952
It ill bomb.
People are tired with this shit.
>>
I'd love for it to bomb, but there's no chance that it will. Might gross lesser than rogue one though
>>
>>87432952
This one, No
the Han Solo movie, Yes.
Rouge One was bloated fan film of mediocrity that shouldn't have ever existed I don't want more of those side projects.
>>
>>87432952

Huge fan of the original movies. I don't give a shit about this one. TFA and Rogue One were not very good.
>>
>>87432952
I want it to be good. Why would i want a movie to be bad?
>>
What kind of a pleb wants a movie to be bad.
>>
>>87432952
Anakin Skywalker is a giant sloth creature on the Island, Kylo Ren eats his force ghost.

Reys magical power is that she can physically see the force and manipulate it.

Luke understand dark and light side need to coexist together, there is no extreme on either side.

Snoke has multiple bodies, hes a force vampire. Probably Palpatine.

Luke kills the Knights of Ren in one move in a small scene.

Porgs make Rey lose the fight to Kylo.

Kylo works with Rey and Luke but is being a sneaky sith against Snokes orders.

Film ends with Luke facing off against Snoke.
>>
>>87432952
i dont want it to be bad, but i dont care at all if it is.

TFA was a recycled but worse imitation of a new hope. The characters in TFA were, without exception, boring. Rey was the worst offender but they even undermined previously good characters. Remember how Chewy doesnt like Lando and people he actually knows in the original trilogy, but he just fucking loves Rey immediately.
I wasnt even bothered when Han died, he wasnt even close to being the same character. I will similarly give no shits if Leia dies. They just went all out trying to make the 2 new protagonists perfect and its boring. TFA was totally forgettable, and the fact that the characters are shit and Boyega is busy stirring up controversy rather than actually acting is also annoying

so no i dont give a fuck about it
>>
>>87432952
I was already feeling "meh" before Force Awakens came out, hoping it would be terrible and everyone, especially OT fanboys, would eat it up, and I'd be able to point out how bad it was.

And, while it wasn't too terrible, I got my wish! Though I do plan on seeing TLJ, I'm pretty underwhelmed. While I don't want it to BOMB, I just hope hype-culture and conformity won't blind people to the flaws like the Force Awakens and The Original Trilogy did.
>>
I want it to flop hard. That's the only way Star wars can be salvaged. They will be forced to change leadership and the strategy.
>>
>>87432952
star wars is unable to bomb at this point, no matter how shitty it is
see TFA
>>
I don't care if it bombs, I just hope that if it's bad people will finally admit and accept it's bad. I'm tired of all these new Star Wars fans that suddenly love Star Wars after Disney bought it, and talk about it like they are experts. It's particularly sad considering they are adults.
>>
>>87436521
But TFA couldn't bomb, it was the first movie in many years, the hype by itself was enough to save it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.