[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post what we think are underrated movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: RepoGeneticOperaOfficialPoster.jpg (151KB, 302x450px) Image search: [Google]
RepoGeneticOperaOfficialPoster.jpg
151KB, 302x450px
I don't know how the fuck this got a 32 on Metacritic. Is it because it was a musical, and not really a popular genre for the time? Or are people too blind to see this as the cult classic it is?
>>
Thursday (1998)

its basically identical to a tarantino film and its a super easy film to watch
>>
I wouldn't call it a good movie but it's definitely enjoyable. It completely fails as a musical, but the awfulness of the "songs" is part of it's charm. Obviously Zydrate Anatomy and Chase the Morning are good, Mark it Up is kinda fun, but the rest of the songs feel half-assed as fuck. Most of them don't even feel like songs, just actors awkwardly singing normal dialogue that has zero rhythm, rhyme or structure to it. Maybe it's because of tight time constraints they weren't able to actually write songs so they said fuck it, just sing the dialogue.

It's a shame basically all the musical numbers suck hard because it has really fun characters and a good story with a lot of great set pieces which would be great to be expressed through musical numbers.
>>
>>87432420
I don't know, I definitely enjoyed Legal Assassin and I Didn't Know I Loved You So Much.. Though I have to agree, thinking back; it could've done a lot better for what it was, however for a movie made a decade ago it certainly wasn't bad.

>>87432406
Checked out the trailer, definitely putting it on my list.
>>
This is one of those films that caught my attention almost randomly and I became almost obsessed with it. I think it was advertised among the trailers on the DVD for one of the Saw films, and the whole thing just looked interesting aesthetically when I was a NIN-listening fagboi. I still have the poster in my room right now, next to one for fucking Crank 2
>>
>>87432618
lol same, I've seen trailer on Saw DVD and became obsessed with the movie with my cousin
>>
>>87432618
The Crank movies weren't so bad either, if you need some good old-fashioned ultraviolence on adrenaline.
>>
The quality was patchy. Some of the characters didn't really shine through - like they were going for some dynastic corporate villain man tragic love story set up and paris hilton was pretty average too. The dude that played grave robber kind of made it patchy because his presence was just leagues ahead of most other characters.

But I liked a bunch of the songs. Haven't listened to 21st century cure in a while

zydrate comes in a little glass vial
>>
I actually like most of the songs in it.
And the entire thing was done with just the right amount of quirkiness to not feel reddit before reddit was even a thing.
>>
>>87432351
It's a terrible musical.
t. fan of musicals.
>>
>>87433131
Honestly, even with what this anon >>87432420
said, I feel like there are a lot of things that make up for it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.